Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 269 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

could the green beetle be...

darkman97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darkman97

hello, i must admit, i have been looking through your forum for a while now, but haven't joined due to intimidation. i grew up a Marvel fan, so don't know much about the DC Nation. i love the young justice show, so i am slowly coming to the DC side. bare with me if i am not as informed with the characters as most of you are.

this leads to my topic. who is this green beetle? like most of you, i believe he isn't as helpful as he seems to be. i don't believe he is one of the good guys either. i think he was planted as a spy to gain trust and info. this leads me to think he is Ma'alefa'ak. this allows him to still be Martian with all of their powers. plus he is a follower of Darkseid and would help introduce his character in the future. and we've seen villians of the other league members, but not Martian Manhunter.

what do you guys/gals think of this theory

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

thatd be creative but somehow i doubt it.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Imagine_Man15

It would be cool if it were actually Ma'alefa'ak and he sort of works as a segue to Darkseid in season 3. I think Black Beetle truly was caught off by him, I don't think this "Green Beetle" is an agent of The Reach or The Light. Maybe an Apokoliptian agent put into the mix... interesting theory.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By SUNMAN

@Imagine_Man15 said:

It would be cool if it were actually Ma'alefa'ak and he sort of works as a segue to Darkseid in season 3. I think Black Beetle truly was caught off by him, I don't think this "Green Beetle" is an agent of The Reach or The Light. Maybe an Apokoliptian agent put into the mix... interesting theory.

If there is a season 3. That is not guaranteed

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Imagine_Man15

@SUNMAN said:

@Imagine_Man15 said:

Especially not with the amount of viewers alienated by the frequent hiatuses.I just prefer to not think about that, because frankly, it upsets me that so many good shows tend to be cut down early in their run.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Green Beetle is most likely just a made up animated character.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By colonyofcells

I am not sure why in the cartoon universe, martian manhunter is not talking to his people in mars more or has a hard time contacting his people. With Green Lanterns around, martian manhunter can easily get a free ride to Mars or mars 2 and do some investigation about the origins of this maritan green beetle.

Mojo65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mojo65

@colonyofcells: He's on trail on Rimbor right now remember?

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#9  Edited By TheCannon

This actually makes sense. I never believed Green Beetle was there to help, I always thought he was a villain, though I thought it was just some made up villain for the show. Ma'alefa'ak makes A LOT of sense.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By John Valentine

@SUNMAN said:

@Imagine_Man15 said:

I really hope there is. This is potentially my favourite cartoon ever.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cattlebattle
    @John Valentine said:

@SUNMAN said:

@Imagine_Man15 said:

Outlook not so good. Season 2 was announced and began production in the middle of when season 1 was being aired, season 2 production has been done for about 5 months now.......unless it a heavily kept secret..its safe to say the show is done in 7 episodes.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By John Valentine

@cattlebattle said:

@John Valentine said:

@SUNMAN said:

@Imagine_Man15 said:

Outlook not so good. Season 2 was announced and began production in the middle of when season 1 was being aired, season 2 production has been done for about 5 months now.......unless it a heavily kept secret..its safe to say the show is done in 7 episodes.

No! The show is so damn good.

Such a waste.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cattlebattle
    @John Valentine said:

Such a waste.

I know....what the hell happened??  Back in the day super hero shows ran for like 5 years...these days were lucky if any of them make it past one.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By John Valentine

@cattlebattle said:

@John Valentine said:

Such a waste.

I know....what the hell happened?? Back in the day super hero shows ran for like 5 years...these days were lucky if any of them make it past one.

It's like Wolverine and the X-Men all over again.

Young Justice is much than Teen Titans, The Batman, Brave and Bold, and Green Lantern, IMO. Probably prefer it to Justice League and Justice League Unlimited.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cattlebattle
    @John Valentine said:

Young Justice is much than Teen Titans, The Batman, Brave and Bold, and Green Lantern, IMO. Probably prefer it to Justice League and Justice League Unlimited.

Haha....yeah, I got to disagree with that one, I thought Wolverine and the X-Men was lacklust....

I do agree that Young Justice trumps all those shows, I think it has more to do with Cartoon Network, back when shows like Teen Titans were on they had Toonami and those types of shows thrived more...now they seem to be all about comedy related shows, perhaps they test better among kids.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By John Valentine

@cattlebattle said:

@John Valentine said:

Haha....yeah, I got to disagree with that one, I thought Wolverine and the X-Men was lacklust.... I do agree that Young Justice trumps all those shows, I think it has more to do with Cartoon Network, back when shows like Teen Titans were on they had Toonami and those types of shows thrived more...now they seem to be all about comedy related shows, perhaps they test better among kids.

I liked Wolverine and the X-Men, but it wasn't as good as Young Justice. I think it deserved a second season at the very least.

I think Young Justice appeals to an older audience, like JL and JLU, than the other shows I've listed too.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cattlebattle
    @John Valentine said:

I liked Wolverine and the X-Men, but it wasn't as good as Young Justice. I think it deserved a second season at the very least.

I think Young Justice appeals to an older audience, like JL and JLU, than the other shows I've listed too.

I didn't care for it, I had problems with almost every aspect of the show from character designs, to character usage to plot details.....as a formerly huge X-nerd, I could actually pick that show apart. I was actually happy when it didn;t get a second season...because it was obviously going to be a love letter to the Age of Apocalypse, which we have already seen a million times in comics, video games and televsion shows. 

They definitely aim Young Justice at an older audience and that brings another problem with super hero shows, there is always the people in control that think A. Only kids watch the shows and B. kids are stupid...this is why we end up with things like Ultimate Spider-Man instead of more shows like JL and YJ. Its like they believe that once comic fans get older, they totally abandon the material. Honestly they should have animated shows more parallel with anime.
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By SUNMAN

There might be a toy deal thats messing it up. A lot of popular cartoons that get cancelled are because of toy deals, and the toys aren't selling. Or it could be a number of other reasons.

Better get those save Young Justice petitions going

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JohnnyGat

In cases like this I want the twist to be that there is no twist.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#20  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@John Valentine said:

@cattlebattle said:

@John Valentine said:

Such a waste.

I know....what the hell happened?? Back in the day super hero shows ran for like 5 years...these days were lucky if any of them make it past one.

i dont think its really very fair to compare Young Justice to The Brave and the Bold or Teen Titans. They were shows with completely different goals.

darkman97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By darkman97

@JohnnyGat said:

In cases like this I want the twist to be that there is no twist.

yeah it is nice when the twist is there is no twist, but i think the team is spread out so thin as it is that we do not need more members, especially one that duplicates two members we already have. we have a beetle and a martian so why have a Martian beetle? in this case, i do think a twist is the better option.

@Imagine_Man15 said:

yeah i agree that black beetle was not in on it. meaning the Reach probably has no knowledge of this either, but i wouldn't put it pass the Light trying to double cross the Reach. when the Alpha team was found to be in the lab, Lex stopped Mercy from calling backup. led us to believe it was because of Black Beetle, but it could've been because he knew Green Beetle was coming to "save" the team.

if there is a next season, imagine the cliffhanger at the end of this one with Gordon G. and Green Beetle/Ma'alefa'ak telling Darkseid that Earth is ready for his arrival.

Avatar image for jessica_majestic
    Jessica_Majestic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jessica_Majestic

The only beetle I've ever known about until now is the blue beetle.

pokemonmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pokemonmon

without reading all of these posts (especially since some of them GREATLY DIGRESS) im going to say that i think the green beetle is either a suspicious but legit good guy, OR he has already been taken over by his scarab and was able to fool meaghan in her weakened state.

maybe the green scarab made its host think it was truly there to help so it passed megans test.

maybe it sent some sort of message to the blue beetle to give the illusion that it was no longer in control, waiting for the right opportunity to strike.

either way im very excited to see how this will play out. hopefully this season wraps up nicely and doesnt end on another cliffhanger

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.