Could Megan have beaten Despero with TP?

#1 Posted by ComicStooge (12843 posts) - - Show Bio

Now, to those who have seen the latest episode, in which Megan refused to use her TP on Despero, would she have been able to beat him (Despero) had she attacked his mind?

#2 Posted by Black_Claw (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero was shown to be a hell of a lot stronger than most foes the team has faced. I doubt Megan would've stood a chance even if she did try to mind rape him.

#3 Posted by Nightwing4 (364 posts) - - Show Bio

His third eye had an answer for Zatanna's magic, at least initially. Either way its a little PIS for whichever character loses.

#4 Posted by BlackWind (6351 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#5 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

Given that Despero required Eye Contact to shut down Zatanna, and his droid's repeated indignation and insistence that magic/telepathy not be used because it's cheating, I'd say she'd have more than a fair chance. Why would the droid be so worried about telepathy and magic being used if they were just as ineffective as brute strength?

#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

In comics absolutely not but the Young Justice version of Despero seemed like more of a goon so maybe

#7 Posted by JakeN7 (12451 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how she decided to grow a conscience in regards to her mind-raping abilities... just as soon as it was actually needed.

Miss M: "Hey, let me impulsively lobotomize people who piss me off, including supposed friends of mine and subsequently compromise their deep undercover mission!"

Bumblebee: "Cool beans, you think you could maybe do the same thing to Despero? 'Cuz you know, he's currently stomping us all."

Miss M: "What!? No! That's amoral and wrong. I'll never do it again."

#8 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7: Its an old cliche' but since that's what the episode seemed to be going for I guess we just have to let it slide

#9 Posted by JakeN7 (12451 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: True. I guess I'll let it slide...for now. I just despise her character in Young Justice.

#10 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

If it was Despero from the JL TV Series, No

But Despero from last week, Yes

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.