Black Beetle in young justice?

#1 Posted by tahmidk (283 posts) - - Show Bio

He's clearly FAR stronger then his comic counterpart, and it seems he's a member of the Reach rather than a human. He's a total bamf in this, but how strong is he really? He took out the entire team with ease yet Jaime held his own agaisnt Black.

How strong is this version of Black Beetle and Blue Beetle and what are your thoughts on the fight?

#2 Posted by jack16ichigo (479 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting fight although Black beetle had the advantage of the ship plus his willingness to kill and was probably more experienced also that the beetle came from the reach,since I'm sure in a previous episode they stated Ted Kord invented it.....................

#3 Posted by BlackWind (6846 posts) - - Show Bio

I've already heard complaints of Black Beetle being too powerful.

#4 Posted by tahmidk (283 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack16ichigo hopefully we get a lengthy flashback.about ted kord fully voiced, BECAUSE I CREAM FOR TED KORD

#5 Posted by Rixec (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack16ichigo said:

Interesting fight although Black beetle had the advantage of the ship plus his willingness to kill and was probably more experienced also that the beetle came from the reach,since I'm sure in a previous episode they stated Ted Kord invented it.....................

I think they are presuming Ted invented it in the show but it actually came from the Reach.

#6 Posted by jack16ichigo (479 posts) - - Show Bio

@tahmidk: Um ok then..................

@Rixec: Probably he might've had it in his possession as well similar to the comics where he had the scarab from the original beetle but was unable to use it so just kept it........

#7 Posted by cameron83 (7562 posts) - - Show Bio

really...it's just a cartoon for kids..anyway black beetle is more experienced than blue beetle and is willing to kill.Blue beetle is still the most powerful one,but he never wants to do anything that would kill (especially innocent) people

#8 Posted by not2baad (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue beetle only held his own against him because he let the scarab do the fighting

#9 Posted by Skaddix (3119 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarab is suppose to equal a GL Ring. Although a GL Ring is more defensive and the Scarab is more offensive.

#10 Posted by Stranger8511 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack16ichigo: i totally agree he had no regard for the other lives at stake except at the end with the mohawk (her name has ran from my mind) lol.

#11 Posted by jack16ichigo (479 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stranger8511: I think it was Jinx

#12 Posted by krspaceT (1494 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stranger8511 said:

@jack16ichigo: i totally agree he had no regard for the other lives at stake except at the end with the mohawk (her name has ran from my mind) lol.

@jack16ichigo said:

That was shimmer, Mammoth's sister

#13 Posted by danhimself (22649 posts) - - Show Bio

was I the only one that got the feeling that Black Beetle was Mammoth?

#14 Posted by jack16ichigo (479 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspaceT said:

@Stranger8511 said:

@jack16ichigo said:

That was shimmer, Mammoth's sister

Oh yeah,she reminded me off Jinx from the teen Titans cartoon for some reason..............

#15 Posted by Duct4pe (18 posts) - - Show Bio

The scarabs are supposed to be strong enough to match a Green Lantern power ring so it shouldn't be too surprising that Blue Beetle would be the one that Black Beetle couldn't take down with ease.

#16 Posted by MisterKetch (253 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think a scarab is quite as powerful as a GL ring itself. But the scarabs have a lot of combat knowledge programmed in them vs a GL having to train and learn so I'd say it balances out. Otherwise there's really no reason for the guardians to have not tried to wipe them out or vice versa.

#17 Posted by darktiger (4622 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

really...it's just a cartoon for kids..anyway black beetle is more experienced than blue beetle and is willing to kill.Blue beetle is still the most powerful one,but he never wants to do anything that would kill (especially innocent) people

agreed

#18 Posted by Skaddix (3119 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course he wrecked the team. They have no advanced alien supertech to stand against the Scarab and no Magic Users. Lagoon Boy just boost his strength. Miss Martian would have put up the most fight if she was still mentally in the game and did not get wall trapped. Honestly, Season 1 team with Aqualad, Zatanna and Rocket would have won.

#19 Posted by DMXN (93 posts) - - Show Bio

It was pretty interesting, but Blue Beetle had no chance. He can only defeat Black with the help of the team, but this fight was among the two. Black was experienced and has had the scrub longer, so he knows its limits while Jaime had scrub for a little while. Even with the scrub controlling itself could not defeat Black.

#20 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

@not2baad said:

Blue beetle only held his own against him because he let the scarab do the fighting

#21 Posted by Skaddix (3119 posts) - - Show Bio

True and even then he only got away because he got blasted out of the ship if he had not Black Beetle would have captured a koed Blue Beetle.

#22 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

I was suprised he was actual that strong. He took out Superboy and Wondergirl easily.

#23 Posted by Speedforce23 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes he should be in the young justice because of all that tech and stuff.

#24 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7717 posts) - - Show Bio

Future version of Blue Beetle maybe

#25 Posted by danhimself (22649 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think that he's Mammoth being controlled with a scarab

#26 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

In the comics, the other beetles tend to be from the Reach. This black beetle seems to be from the Reach also. There are probably lots of these black beetles similar to the comics.

#27 Posted by naustin07 (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Jaimey or however you spell it didn't hold his own against him. He let the scarab take complete control. When he tried fighting him in control of the suit on the newest episode, he couldn't do anything.

#28 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

lol at him saying he'll put wonder girl through the wall....the hard way.

#29 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just glad Black Beetle did not use his long finger blade on poor wonder girl.

#30 Posted by jasontodd7 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

i guess the magic members of the league (Marvel, Dr Fate or Zatanna) would kick BB ass easily...

#31 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22318 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

Future version of Blue Beetle maybe

That's what I thought because impulse says he betrays humans

#32 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7717 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind said:

I've already heard complaints of Black Beetle being too powerful.

He is

#33 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Beetles need to be powerful so they have a chance against the Green Lantern corps.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.