Artemis does a Mr. Freeze (Spoilers to Teen Titans Annual)

#1 Posted by krspaceT (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone knows how Mr. Freeze was once a joke villain, but the T.V series has refreshed the character?

Well, artemis's character has been changed to reflect hers in the T.V series, starring in the Teen Titan's annual. Only problem........

New 52

She may be dead.

Is Artemis really dead? Did they really introduce her just to kill her off? Could she become a Teen Titan if she does live?

And why does she have a spear and no bow?

#2 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

It certainly doesn't look promising. I called it when I heard that Artemis was in the comic, that she'd probably end up dying in the crossover or something stupid like that. Lo and behold, it's looking like she didn't even last a whole issue.

#3 Posted by cattlebattle (12820 posts) - - Show Bio

Has it been confirmed its Artemis Crock?

#4 Posted by FinalAvalanche (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspaceT said:

Everyone knows how Mr. Freeze was once a joke villain, but the T.V series has refreshed the character?

Well, artemis's character has been changed to reflect hers in the T.V series, starring in the Teen Titan's annual. Only problem........

New 52

She may be dead.

Is Artemis really dead? Did they really introduce her just to kill her off? Could she become a Teen Titan if she does live?

For some reason, maybe just wishful thinking, I don't think Artemis is really dead. Or if she is, DC characters tend to come back. After all, why bring in a DC character that became popular in a current TV series to be the person who bites the dust in the first issue she appears in? Why not just create a character if their only purpose was to be cannon fodder? It's what they did with Black Jack in Voodoo. In the short time Artemis was in the DCnU her character seemed elaborate, premed and all, so I doubt this is going to be the last we see of her in the reboot, at least I hope.

#5 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

i think its so funny that the three characters that who's status are unknown on the show...are the same three who have NONE or...questionable status in the new 52

Aqualad - Nope

Wally - Nope

Artemis - Possibly dead.

#6 Posted by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it was Artemis Crock. The DC universe has another Artemis in it so this might just be another addition to the shared name. I think it's just a new character. But yeah, it looks like she's dead. At least I think.

#7 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

Lobdell doesn't watch YJ so unless this was an executive decision I doubt that's Artemis

#8 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspaceT:

Hasn't this already been revealed and discussed about!?

#9 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11736 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

Lobdell doesn't watch YJ so unless this was an executive decision I doubt that's Artemis

It looks exactly like and acts/speaks the same as Artemis in YJ, I strongly think that its her.

I really hope she's not dead or is revived at the end of this crossover. When I first saw her I was so excited that I actually lit up. When she died I considered putting the issue down because I was so disappointed. Possibly the worst teaser DC has ever given me.

#10 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they just going to kill her like that and et over with her, the character has a lot of potential and what I think is that she may be revived some later :P but this time I'm totally ok with the "back of the death" cliche

#11 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7708 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe the person who died was Arrow.

#12 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

She was in like 6 pages, if shes really dead shes not coming back

#13 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

R.I.P. Artemis

she definetely died which is a big shame because I wanted her to become a Teen Titan.

#14 Edited by Robotman410 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't write her off just yet. Apparently someone on another comic review site asked Lobdell about Artemis' death on Twitter -- About the thing with Artemis: I asked Scott Lobdell on Twitter how he could kill her so easily and he hinted that she would be returning, but then to one-up that, when I jokingly stated a headline about her return, he asked how she could return if she “never left.” So there will seemingly be more things coming for Artemis is coming stories, so don’t get outraged over her “death” too quickly

#15 Posted by MrMazz (1249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Robotman410: I figure this whole world the LL and Teen Titans have found themselves in is essentially the Matrix and they are in fact in little tubes buried underground or something like that. which would make Artemis "dying" kind of hard since she wasn't really there.

#16 Posted by Robotman410 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Couldve been one of Omen's illusions.

#17 Posted by cameron83 (7421 posts) - - Show Bio

@FinalAvalanche said:

@krspaceT said:

New 52

She may be dead.

For some reason, maybe just wishful thinking, I don't think Artemis is really dead. Or if she is, DC characters tend to come back. After all, why bring in a DC character that became popular in a current TV series to be the person who bites the dust in the first issue she appears in? Why not just create a character if their only purpose was to be cannon fodder? It's what they did with Black Jack in Voodoo. In the short time Artemis was in the DCnU her character seemed elaborate, premed and all, so I doubt this is going to be the last we see of her in the reboot, at least I hope.

my thoughts exactly

#18 Posted by cameron83 (7421 posts) - - Show Bio

...ok now I think that they just permanently killed her off.

Shame...I liked her in YJ,and they could've easily pulled it off here.Yet,she didn't even last a single issue.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.