Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 269 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

Anyone else want to see more of the Marvel Family?

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

I do. They already have Captain Marvel, but what about Mary or Freddy? After 5 years, that means that Mary would be 15, since Billy was 10 the last time we saw him(They're twins in case you didn't know). I just think either would be a good addition since the team is a little light on actual heavy hitters. Sure there's Superboy and Wonder Girl, but they could use more muscle, especially with most of the League off world. However if they DID bring Freddy in, they would have to change his codename. I'd take Marvel Boy or even just Marvel before Captain Marvel Jr.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

A lot of people speculated that Darla was in the episode "Beneath".....otherwise, yeah,

I could definitely see Freddy showing up. He would likely use Captain Marvel Jr.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@cattlebattle: I think Thunder or at least just Marvel Jr. would work better. I mean he can't say his full name without turning back to normal, so why not just Marvel Jr.?

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Bestostero

I really liked Billy on the show, definitely wouldn't mind seeing more of him! I'm not too fond of Freddy to be honest, but Mary would be nice.

I think Lagoon Boy is also a brawler, brute type, especially when he "puffs" up or whatever.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@cattlebattle: I think Thunder or at least just Marvel Jr. would work better. I mean he can't say his full name without turning back to normal, so why not just Marvel Jr.?

I forgot about that...that fact would likely be brought into question on the show with likely a humorous situation
    AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AweSam

Mary, yes. Freddy, no.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@cattlebattle: Maybe have him be called Captain Marvel Jr. by the general public, but he keeps trying to insist that it's just Marvel. I think that would be a pretty funny thing to see play out on screen, especially with Bart and Beast Boy there.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@cattlebattle: Maybe have him be called Captain Marvel Jr. by the general public, but he keeps trying to insist that it's just Marvel. I think that would be a pretty funny thing to see play out on screen, especially with Bart and Beast Boy there.

Exactly, I could see them using it humorously like that, and Freddy being insecure about it.
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@Bestostero: Kind of, but I think Conner is stronger and Cassie is obviously stronger than both of them. Really wish they'd have Conner develop some TK or something!

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@cattlebattle: I think if I was a superhero and everyone called me Junior, I'd be a little insecure. I mean that's pretty demeaning, power of Shazam or not.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@cattlebattle: I think if I was a superhero and everyone called me Junior, I'd be a little insecure. I mean that's pretty demeaning, power of Shazam or not.

well, people actually walk around with that as a part of their name, so I could imagine he wouldn't mind it that much,they would probably address this with Impulse or someone calling him "junior"
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@cattlebattle: Still as part of a SUPERHERO name? Doesn't exactly sound cool, and I can honestly say it'd get on my nerves if someone called me "Junior" all the time

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@cattlebattle: Still as part of a SUPERHERO name? Doesn't exactly sound cool, and I can honestly say it'd get on my nerves if someone called me "Junior" all the time

Superheroes are people too
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#14  Edited By papad1992

HELL NO... how about they focus on the load of characters they already introduced at once then slowly introduce others! Plus having only Superboy and Wonder Girl as the brute tanks of the team isn't that bad... a team should really not have more than two anyways!

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@cattlebattle: Just my personal opinion. I just never really liked Freddy's codename. I like the character, just don't care for the name. Now Commander Marvel, THAT'S a super-name, and it fits since a commander is under a captain.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By PowerHerc

I'd welcome appearances by both Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel, Jr.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cattlebattle
    @papad1992 said:

HELL NO... how about they focus on the load of characters they already introduced at once then slowly introduce others! Plus having only Superboy and Wonder Girl as the brute tanks of the team isn't that bad... a team should really not have more than two anyways!

The Justice League has like twenty

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@cattlebattle: Just my personal opinion. I just never really liked Freddy's codename. I like the character, just don't care for the name. Now Commander Marvel, THAT'S a super-name, and it fits since a commander is under a captain.

I completely see what your saying, I actually like Marvel boy, Kid Marvel, Kid Shazam or something, I just think that if they actually addressed his name on the show it would be funny, like a recurring joke....similarly, Captain Marvel was treated in the first season as a more comical character
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By papad1992

@cattlebattle said:

@papad1992 said:

The Justice League has like twenty

And how many of them really get fleshed out there other than Superman and Wonder Woman!?

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@cattlebattle: Actually I thought of a pretty funny running gag. He can't come up with a codename he likes. He keeps introducing himself by different names to villains, but because the press and public have already pretty much branded him as Captain Marvel Jr. it never really works.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@cattlebattle: Actually I thought of a pretty funny running gag. He can't come up with a codename he likes. He keeps introducing himself by different names to villains, but because the press and public have already pretty much branded him as Captain Marvel Jr. it never really works.

Yeah, something like that would work, similar to how the public always calls Kid Flash Speedy 

@papad1992 said:

@cattlebattle said:

And how many of them really get fleshed out there other than Superman and Wonder Woman!?

True, but in reality 5 out of 7 of the originals have super-strength and all the other powers that entail....when you looks at the expanded league....well, its ridiculous
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bestostero

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@Bestostero: Kind of, but I think Conner is stronger and Cassie is obviously stronger than both of them. Really wish they'd have Conner develop some TK or something!

Yeah, the topic of super strength is tricky because a lot of characters have super strength, but its at varying degrees because some are clearly more super strength-y than others.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By papad1992

@cattlebattle said:

@papad1992 said:

@cattlebattle said:

True, but in reality 5 out of 7 of the originals have super-strength and all the other powers that entail....when you looks at the expanded league....well, its ridiculous

Most of the League's powersets include some level of strength... I mean I could just as well say that Miss Martian and Lagoon Boy have super strength too but they aren't considered the tanks on the team (Well Miss Martian is a whole category by herself so she's different!!)

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cattlebattle
    @papad1992 said:

@cattlebattle said:

@papad1992 said:

@cattlebattle said:

Most of the League's powersets include some level of strength... I mean I could just as well say that Miss Martian and Lagoon Boy have super strength too but they aren't considered the tanks on the team (Well Miss Martian is a whole category by herself so she's different!!)

Miss Martian doesn't have super strength though, she is stronger than humans but no super strength, and you can consider Lagoon boy a tank when he puffs up he is mighty strong, so really the Team has 3 altogether
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@Bestostero said:

Yeah, the topic of super strength is tricky because a lot of characters have super strength, but its at varying degrees because some are clearly more super strength-y than others.

Cassie managed to hold up a plane, sure she had to have a little help from M'gann, but the point is she displayed more strength than Conner has shown. All he does is punch and fight stuff and hasn't really shown much lifting power so it's kind of hard to gauge exactly where he is. I think giving him TK would go a long way in giving him more of a presence on the team with Cassie and the possibility of other heavy hitters joining. Besides, they've all but confirmed that he won't be getting any other kryptonian powers, and he currently has TK in the comics(It's his ONLY power right now) so why not add it?

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By papad1992

@cattlebattle said:

@papad1992 said:

@cattlebattle said:

@papad1992 said:

@cattlebattle said:

Miss Martian doesn't have super strength though, she is stronger than humans but no super strength, and you can consider Lagoon boy a tank when he puffs up he is mighty strong, so really the Team has 3 altogether

I said some level of strength not super strength... and I guess a hero's more prominent power is what classifies them (well that's just in my opinion!)

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cattlebattle
    @papad1992 said:

@cattlebattle said:

I said some level of strength not super strength... and I guess a hero's more prominent power is what classifies them (well that's just in my opinion!)

I would think, characters whose main power is super strength should be considered bricks.....sure, other characters are super strong too but they are not as always well known for it
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bestostero

@Smart_Dork_Dude: well I'm sure Connor has the potential (he did display abilities he didnt have when he was using the shields), and how he found out that Miss Martian fiddled with his mind makes me think there's some latency there.

Personally I think TK is redundant when you have Super Strength.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@cattlebattle said:

I would think, characters whose main power is super strength should be considered bricks.....sure, other characters are super strong too but they are not as always well known for it

You bring up a good point. Everyone knows that Spider-Man has the powers of a spider, but they tend to forget he's got super strength to go along with it. I think Raimi's movies have a little to blame for that. He does 2 big feats of strength, and it's only in the second movie. What I like about The Amazing Spider-Man is that they're really playing up his strength. Even in a trailer he rips off a water faucet handle and when he throws a football at a field goal he dents it!

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@Bestostero: He could use it for flight, boost his own strength, even use it to help people in an emergency situation like to shield them from bullets at long range or catch them if he can't physically reach them in time.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@cattlebattle said:

You bring up a good point. Everyone knows that Spider-Man has the powers of a spider, but they tend to forget he's got super strength to go along with it. I think Raimi's movies have a little to blame for that. He does 2 big feats of strength, and it's only in the second movie. What I like about The Amazing Spider-Man is that they're really playing up his strength. Even in a trailer he rips off a water faucet handle and when he throws a football at a field goal he dents it!

Also...in Spider-Man 2, he would punch Doc Ock, and Ock reacted like a regular dude was hitting him, Spidey should have knocked his head off. I mean characters in the League like Captain Atom, his primary power is radiation control, but he is a brick as well.
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By papad1992

@cattlebattle said:

@papad1992 said:

@cattlebattle said:

My point exactly... So going back to this Captain Marvel Jr discussion, I don't think we'd need another "brick" apart of the team. There would be too many characters to keep up with. Even though the team is lacking a little magic, I don't think they need it now.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cattlebattle
    @papad1992 said:

@cattlebattle said:

@papad1992 said:

My point exactly... So going back to this Captain Marvel Jr discussion, I don't think we'd need another "brick" apart of the team. There would be too many characters to keep up with. Even though the team is lacking a little magic, I don't think they need it now.

I agree, I was just saying when you commented on having too many strong type characters...the League has a lot...

I honestly think the only major additions to the team that might be made in the future might be Static and possibly Roy Harper/Speedy..
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bestostero

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@Bestostero: He could use it for flight, boost his own strength, even use it to help people in an emergency situation like to shield them from bullets at long range or catch them if he can't physically reach them in time.

Ah see, I didn't think that far ahead, for me, he doesnt need it for himself because he technically can fly or has the potential for it as well as super speed, and he is invulnerable so don't really need tk shield, and his strength, but to protect others would be beneficial.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@cattlebattle said:

Also...in Spider-Man 2, he would punch Doc Ock, and Ock reacted like a regular dude was hitting him, Spidey should have knocked his head off. I mean characters in the League like Captain Atom, his primary power is radiation control, but he is a brick as well.

Exactly! I could understand Gobby not reacting much(HE EVEN CAUGHT A PUNCH FROM HIM!) in the first movie because he had powers AND armor, but Ock should have at LEAST had some teeth flying out. Yeah, who says that you can't have other powers when you've got super strength? Even The Hulk, who's known by EVERYONE to have super strength, has a healing factor and oddly enough can breath underwater!

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By papad1992

@cattlebattle said:

@papad1992 said:

@cattlebattle said:

@papad1992 said:

I agree, I was just saying when you commented on having too many strong type characters...the League has a lot... I honestly think the only major additions to the team that might be made in the future might be Static and possibly Roy Harper/Speedy..

Yeah the League has too many.

Well adding to Static and Roy... since they introduced Ty Longshadow, I really want him to become like the Apache Chief (or Longshadow) and I wouldn't mind another female on the team... maybe Empress or Ravager?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Smart_Dork_Dude: inconsistency is common with really strong characters
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cattlebattle
    @papad1992 said:

Well adding to Static and Roy... since they introduced Ty Longshadow, I really want him to become like the Apache Chief (or Longshadow) and I wouldn't mind another female on the team... maybe Empress or Ravager?

I expect a lot of characters to show up and have cameos, I am just expecting those specific two to join....I really don't see Ravager or Deathstroke showing up at all
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@Bestostero said:

Ah see, I didn't think that far ahead, for me, he doesnt need it for himself because he technically can fly or has the potential for it as well as super speed, and he is invulnerable so don't really need tk shield, and his strength, but to protect others would be beneficial.

I'm not saying he'll NEVER get his full kryptonian powers, but they seem to be strongly hinting that he won't, unless it's meant to be a big surprise when he does. Also, TK is a highly versatile power. I remember in one comic Conner used his TK to cover Parasite in corn kernels so he could fight him without touching him.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@cattlebattle: True. But, you gotta admit Spidey's been able to be pretty consistent over the years. He's supposed to be at 10 tons, and he's pretty much stayed there

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Bestostero

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@Bestostero said:

I'm not saying he'll NEVER get his full kryptonian powers, but they seem to be strongly hinting that he won't, unless it's meant to be a big surprise when he does. Also, TK is a highly versatile power. I remember in one comic Conner used his TK to cover Parasite in corn kernels so he could fight him without touching him.

I'm not saying TK is worthless! Personally I think that's better, and like you said, more versatile than his kryptonian ones, but i just think a lot of tk abilities overlaps with a lot of his kryptonian powerset.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@Bestostero said:

I'm not saying TK is worthless! Personally I think that's better, and like you said, more versatile than his kryptonian ones, but i just think a lot of tk abilities overlaps with a lot of his kryptonian powerset.

I know, that's why they didn't really have him use it much in the comics when he finally started developing his kryptonian powers. He used here and there, but it wasn't nearly as much as before. Hell, he didn't even know his tactile TK had developed into true TK until his fight with Parasite!

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By papad1992

@cattlebattle said:

@papad1992 said:

I expect a lot of characters to show up and have cameos, I am just expecting those specific two to join....I really don't see Ravager or Deathstroke showing up at all

Ok I agree that Deathstroke (Slade) was the Teen Titans series thing so the Young Justice creators would probably want to stay away from that... what about Empress?

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#43  Edited By sethysquare

Not really. No. I dont see a point of having so many characters of the same abilities.

Reginleif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#44  Edited By Reginleif
    No Caption Provided
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By cattlebattle
    @papad1992 said:

@cattlebattle said:

Ok I agree that Deathstroke (Slade) was the Teen Titans series thing so the Young Justice creators would probably want to stay away from that... what about Empress?

I could see Empress showing up. Another reason I cannot see Deathstroke on this show is we already have Sportsmaster and his daughters....just seems kind of redundant to have the Wilson family
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By papad1992

@cattlebattle said:

@papad1992 said:

@cattlebattle said:

I could see Empress showing up. Another reason I cannot see Deathstroke on this show is we already have Sportsmaster and his daughters....just seems kind of redundant to have the Wilson family

Exactly my views too...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.