Any News lately!?

#1 Posted by papad1992 (7015 posts) - - Show Bio

Any news lately for a return date or anything of the such!?

#2 Posted by vernierhawk001 (559 posts) - - Show Bio

Sept 29 was the last I heard

#3 Posted by Bestostero (5782 posts) - - Show Bio

they're rebroadcasting the show near the ending of the first season, i hope we dont have to wait for them to replay the episodes up to the current point for the new episode to come :(

#4 Posted by Ms. Omega (4686 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want to see Static in the show finally thats all I care about.

#5 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1809 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm quite sure its returning in September.

#6 Posted by papad1992 (7015 posts) - - Show Bio

Well at least September is around the corner!!

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (14126 posts) - - Show Bio

End of Semptember....
 
the show will likely air out the rest of the season with breaks during holiday weekends to make room for Tiny Titans and Beware the Batman...which will replace YJ and GL while they take a break
 
I am beginning to worry about Season 3 not having any mention of being greenlit, its kind of late and even if they do start working now they won't have any new episodes until likely next spring..

#8 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15: That is what I have heard also. I can't wait for the show to come back!

#9 Edited by Twentyfive (2918 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ms. Omega said:

I just want to see Static in the show finally thats all I care about.

WORD!!!

#10 Posted by papad1992 (7015 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

End of Semptember.... the show will likely air out the rest of the season with breaks during holiday weekends to make room for Tiny Titans and Beware the Batman...which will replace YJ and GL while they take a break I am beginning to worry about Season 3 not having any mention of being greenlit, its kind of late and even if they do start working now they won't have any new episodes until likely next spring..

Well that's worrying me... I really hope this gets a third season! It's too good of a show to be let go (ooh I rhymed)!

#11 Posted by cattlebattle (14126 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:

@cattlebattle said:

End of Semptember.... the show will likely air out the rest of the season with breaks during holiday weekends to make room for Tiny Titans and Beware the Batman...which will replace YJ and GL while they take a break I am beginning to worry about Season 3 not having any mention of being greenlit, its kind of late and even if they do start working now they won't have any new episodes until likely next spring..

Well that's worrying me... I really hope this gets a third season! It's too good of a show to be let go (ooh I rhymed)!

Its an amazing show, I imagine an expensive one also. I think cartoons, specifically super hero ones are being mulled down to only a couple of seasons these days, likely because of their popularity they can shell out more programs with the same characters.
#12 Posted by papad1992 (7015 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@papad1992 said:

@cattlebattle said:

End of Semptember.... the show will likely air out the rest of the season with breaks during holiday weekends to make room for Tiny Titans and Beware the Batman...which will replace YJ and GL while they take a break I am beginning to worry about Season 3 not having any mention of being greenlit, its kind of late and even if they do start working now they won't have any new episodes until likely next spring..

Well that's worrying me... I really hope this gets a third season! It's too good of a show to be let go (ooh I rhymed)!

Its an amazing show, I imagine an expensive one also. I think cartoons, specifically super hero ones are being mulled down to only a couple of seasons these days, likely because of their popularity they can shell out more programs with the same characters.

Yeah.... take the Avengers for example... with all their success with the box office hit film they are producing a cartoon show that resembles the movie! While I personally would rather have like 5 ongoing seasons of Young Justice!

#13 Posted by cattlebattle (14126 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:

Its an amazing show, I imagine an expensive one also. I think cartoons, specifically super hero ones are being mulled down to only a couple of seasons these days, likely because of their popularity they can shell out more programs with the same characters.

Yeah.... take the Avengers for example... with all their success with the box office hit film they are producing a cartoon show that resembles the movie! While I personally would rather have like 5 ongoing seasons of Young Justice!

Yea, I will really never understand what was up with that move, Avengers EMH was one of the best cartoons Marvel has ever had. I suppose that you are right, the new show will reflect the movie so fans that aren't really familiar with the material can be comfortable when watching it, Marvels main priority is likely getting young kids to watch it so said kids grow up to buy their comics for the rest of their lives
 
I understand the show is also going to be in the same universe with Ultimate Spider-Man.....because we all know how awesome that show is   :)
#14 Posted by papad1992 (7015 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@papad1992 said:

Its an amazing show, I imagine an expensive one also. I think cartoons, specifically super hero ones are being mulled down to only a couple of seasons these days, likely because of their popularity they can shell out more programs with the same characters.

Yeah.... take the Avengers for example... with all their success with the box office hit film they are producing a cartoon show that resembles the movie! While I personally would rather have like 5 ongoing seasons of Young Justice!

Yea, I will really never understand what was up with that move, Avengers EMH was one of the best cartoons Marvel has ever had. I suppose that you are right, the new show will reflect the movie so fans that aren't really familiar with the material can be comfortable when watching it, Marvels main priority is likely getting young kids to watch it so said kids grow up to buy their comics for the rest of their lives I understand the show is also going to be in the same universe with Ultimate Spider-Man.....because we all know how awesome that show is :)

To tell u the truth the only cartoons I really have watched this year were only Young Justice, Legend of Korra, Avengers EMH, and Thundercats (off and on)... all of that other crap is just CRAP!! Ever since the film, Marvel is trying to push the Avengers and characters to the forefront and shove everything else (mainly the X-Men) to back and off the cliff... which is good for new readers but horrible for older more reliable readers!!

#15 Posted by cattlebattle (14126 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:

@cattlebattle said:


To tell u the truth the only cartoons I really have watched this year were only Young Justice, Legend of Korra, Avengers EMH, and Thundercats (off and on)... all of that other crap is just CRAP!! Ever since the film, Marvel is trying to push the Avengers and characters to the forefront and shove everything else (mainly the X-Men) to back and off the cliff... which is good for new readers but horrible for older more reliable readers!!

LOL, I only followed those 4 shows as well, and truthfully I am a bit too old to be watching cartoons, but the writing is so good on some and the others I watch out of nostalgia. 
 
I disagree, its not that their shoving the X-Men back, they just lost the funding for Wolverine and the X-Men and they are probably working on something currently....and they had an Anime.  Marvel is currently trying to incorporate all its shows into one contained universe, its not looking good as it seems to be aimed at little kids, with Ult. Spider-Man as the template
#16 Posted by papad1992 (7015 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@papad1992 said:

@cattlebattle said:

To tell u the truth the only cartoons I really have watched this year were only Young Justice, Legend of Korra, Avengers EMH, and Thundercats (off and on)... all of that other crap is just CRAP!! Ever since the film, Marvel is trying to push the Avengers and characters to the forefront and shove everything else (mainly the X-Men) to back and off the cliff... which is good for new readers but horrible for older more reliable readers!!

LOL, I only followed those 4 shows as well, and truthfully I am a bit too old to be watching cartoons, but the writing is so good on some and the others I watch out of nostalgia. I disagree, its not that their shoving the X-Men back, they just lost the funding for Wolverine and the X-Men and they are probably working on something currently....and they had an Anime. Marvel is currently trying to incorporate all its shows into one contained universe, its not looking good as it seems to be aimed at little kids, with Ult. Spider-Man as the template

I agree with u on the age thing... I'm also too old to watch cartoons but nostalgia, the writing, and artistic quality are mainly why I watch cartoons! And if they are trying to make their shows more kid friendly then I'm defiantly out!! But since Marvel has no movie rights to the X-Men... they want to mainly focus on what will make them money which are the Avengers!!

#17 Posted by CrimsonCake (2717 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want to see Deathstroke :(

#18 Posted by cattlebattle (14126 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:


I agree with u on the age thing... I'm also too old to watch cartoons but nostalgia, the writing, and artistic quality are mainly why I watch cartoons! And if they are trying to make their shows more kid friendly then I'm defiantly out!! But since Marvel has no movie rights to the X-Men... they want to mainly focus on what will make them money which are the Avengers!!

I am not sure why people think Marvel has no attachment to the X-men films whatsoever, Fox has the rights to utilize the characters on film, Marvel very much sees a paycheck from it, Avi Arad, who used to be very high up in the Marvel offices was the producer of the first two films.....common misconception I suppose. 
 
Yeah, I realize all cartoons are somewhat directed at children, but shows like Korra and Young Justice show that you can have something for all ages, Marvel should pay attention
#19 Posted by papad1992 (7015 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@papad1992 said:

I agree with u on the age thing... I'm also too old to watch cartoons but nostalgia, the writing, and artistic quality are mainly why I watch cartoons! And if they are trying to make their shows more kid friendly then I'm defiantly out!! But since Marvel has no movie rights to the X-Men... they want to mainly focus on what will make them money which are the Avengers!!

I am not sure why people think Marvel has no attachment to the X-men films whatsoever, Fox has the rights to utilize the characters on film, Marvel very much sees a paycheck from it, Avi Arad, who used to be very high up in the Marvel offices was the producer of the first two films.....common misconception I suppose. Yeah, I realize all cartoons are somewhat directed at children, but shows like Korra and Young Justice show that you can have something for all ages, Marvel should pay attention

See and if only Marvel could make a show with the same feeling that Young Justice and Korra has about the Avengers or something like that... it'd be such a hit!!

*BTW Korra has had the best last episodes for a cartoon season that I have seen in awhile!!

#20 Posted by cattlebattle (14126 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:

@cattlebattle said:


See and if only Marvel could make a show with the same feeling that Young Justice and Korra has about the Avengers or something like that... it'd be such a hit!!

*BTW Korra has had the best last episodes for a cartoon season that I have seen in awhile!!

Korra only had about 10 episodes and out shined cartoons that have 4 or more seasons LOL
#21 Posted by mfundo (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: So true

#22 Posted by papad1992 (7015 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@papad1992 said:

@cattlebattle said:

See and if only Marvel could make a show with the same feeling that Young Justice and Korra has about the Avengers or something like that... it'd be such a hit!!

*BTW Korra has had the best last episodes for a cartoon season that I have seen in awhile!!

Korra only had about 10 episodes and out shined cartoons that have 4 or more seasons LOL

Actually it was 12 episodes. :P

But it had the most appeal rate to me!! Nothing about that 1st Book made me want to change the channel!! Can't wait till Book 2!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.