Among the new character... any favorites so far?

#1 Posted by X9 (753 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll go with Wonder Girl, Batgirl and Blue Beetle. What about you?

#2 Edited by wonderW (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Girl

Bumblebee

#3 Edited by The_Tree (7238 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim, Bart, Jaime, and Lagoon Boy are awesome.

#4 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim Drake, Bart Allen, and Wonder Girl

#5 Posted by Underachiever007 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

Bart, Wonder Girl, Jaime, Tim.

#6 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

All of them are my favorite! In order so far...

1. Blue Beetle

2. Wonder Girl

3. Batgirl

4. Lagoon Boy

5. Robin (Tim)

6. Beast Boy

7. Impulse

Bumblebee and Mal Duncan need to be flushed out more before I have a strong opinion, right now they're both just there.

#7 Posted by Underachiever007 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm also charmed by Beast Boy. His voice actor is perfect, and he's been nothing but endearing so far. He'd be in my favorites if they gave him some more screen time.

#8 Posted by Backflip (2256 posts) - - Show Bio

I've loved all of the new characters, the only one I'm not enamoured with is Lagoon Boy. But Tim, Bart, Jaime, Garth and Cassie are my favourites

#9 Posted by X9 (753 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, I wasn't expecting to see Lagoon Boy in any fav-lists. I thought most people thought he sucks :P

I could've added Tim to mine but I'm based on what I've seen of them in the show. And so far Tim's done too little. It's not that I don't like him or the way he's protrayed, I just think he needs more screen time to stand out.

Beast Boy is a funny story cause I'm not his fan, but when I see him in YJ, I think he' sweet. Not one of my favorites, but sweet.

#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim and Beast Boy.

#11 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9: Neptune's beard! Lagoon Boy is awesome! I think a lot of people give him grief because of the Miss Martian relationship, but I think he's a fun character.

#12 Posted by X9 (753 posts) - - Show Bio

: No, no, I think his relationship with MM makes more sense than the one she had with SB.

But personally I'm not so into him because he's half-fish (which I find one of the most apathetic creatures on Earth with the exception of sharks), he tries to be the funny guy but, sorry, he's not (Wally's short appearances made me laugh more than I did with any other character so far) and his hero name is Lagoon Boy. How can you show some respect for someone who calls himself Lagoon Boy? ¬¬

#13 Posted by The Stegman (23188 posts) - - Show Bio

Batgirl and Blue Beetle so far.

#14 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Beast Boy

2. Wonder Girl

3. Batgirl

4. Blue Beetle

5. Bumblebee

6. Impulse

7. Lagoon Boy

8. Robin (Tim)

#15 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9 said:

: No, no, I think his relationship with MM makes more sense than the one she had with SB.

But personally I'm not so into him because he's half-fish (which I find one of the most apathetic creatures on Earth with the exception of sharks), he tries to be the funny guy but, sorry, he's not (Wally's short appearances made me laugh more than I did with any other character so far) and his hero name is Lagoon Boy. How can you show some respect for someone who calls himself Lagoon Boy? ¬¬

I think Lagoon Boy is fitting cause he's similar to the lagoon monster, i personally like it, but it is a subjective topic and just a matter of opinion... i dont think he's the funny guy personality, i think he's more of the obnoxious-arrogant personality type.

#16 Posted by danhimself (22304 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't feel like I've got any real chance to get to like any of the new characters yet

#17 Posted by Gar_the_Beast (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast Boy 
Blue Beetle
Impulse (I like him that fast)

#18 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4620 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Robin's(TIM) costume I havent like.... liked his persona or anything in particular

Blue Beetle but his "ese" thing is annoying and I find it insulting but whatever. There are worse Cartoon Stereotypes out there

Bumble Bee, and Beast Boy(Teen Titan Memories)

Lagoon Boy SUcks

and

I love seeing Nightwing plus Conner

One more thing Kaldur being a Bad Guy is AWESOME

They Need Cy

last thing i swear

(+)

#19 Posted by Skaddix (3112 posts) - - Show Bio

Impulse, Blue Beetle and Wonder Girl. Mostly because they have the best development so far. Beast Boy is my fourth. I have no strong feelings on Robin, Batgirl, Mal or Bumblebee. Hate Lagoon Boy.

#20 Posted by BATWlNG (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Beetle and Beast Boy

#21 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Impulse

Tim Drake

Beast Boy

#22 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Cassie and Jamie.

#23 Posted by Kavahaden (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim Drake, Blue Beetle and Bart Allen

#24 Posted by X9 (753 posts) - - Show Bio

: You know, I used to think his spanish lines were disrespectful too, but then I realized it's normal. I mean, when you're bilingual you tend to use both languages you know to comunicate. Especially when you do it with yourself. (complaining, grumbling, etc) Or with an artificial intelligence stuck on your back, but anyway.

In his case, as US people usually suck at Espanish, he can huff his teammates and they won't even know hehe.

#25 Posted by Underachiever007 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

@Yung ANcient One: I don't know any Spanish, but as an Indian who recently migrated to the U.S., I often find myself slipping in and out of Hindi here and there. I assume it happens to most bilingual people.

#26 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Beetle and Tim Drake. I'm not a fan of Lagoon Boy because one he totally ruined that moment with Black Manta Kaldur and his old teammates and his design when he transforms. I mean his normal look looks pretty good though.

#27 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do so many people on here like Blue Beetle?!?!?

#28 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

oh god, dont start this again.

#29 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4620 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9 said:

: You know, I used to think his spanish lines were disrespectful too, but then I realized it's normal. I mean, when you're bilingual you tend to use both languages you know to comunicate. Especially when you do it with yourself. (complaining, grumbling, etc) Or with an artificial intelligence stuck on your back, but anyway.

In his case, as US people usually suck at Espanish, he can huff his teammates and they won't even know hehe.

@Underachiever007 said:

@Yung ANcient One: I don't know any Spanish, but as an Indian who recently migrated to the U.S., I often find myself slipping in and out of Hindi here and there. I assume it happens to most bilingual people.

Yes. That's all well and good. I honestly don't mind the eSpanglish. He says "Hermano" or "Mirra mirra" is fine I have no problem in fact I enjoy it, but the "ese" is discomforting for me.

And it is very complicated to explain.

to try and make it short its like this.

Spanish to a outsider is ALL the same, but to the fluent speakers we know the difference. There is Unofficially a Mexican Spanish, a Salvador Spanish, a HOnduras Spanish, and etc.

Little things we notice. One I personally know is from my Salvadorian friend he explained to me that in El Salvador they Emphasize the R on "Esperate"(Es-pe-Rah-te) while for us we don't emphasize the R. Translation meaning WAIT.

Now when I heard "ese" it bothered me. My 1st thought was do they think we all say "Esse."

Here's where it starts to get complicated; because we do, but in a difference sense. We all say ese as in translation "that", but when you say "esse" it is more commonly used by "cholos"(gangster.)

And for me is a common misconception that all Mexicans in particular call each other ESSE. Honestly "Compa" or "Guey" are more common. Either way I personally found it annoying, but really its nothing. Every culture is different, and in Hispanic/Latins/Mexicans and South Americans its different in so many ways.

Me and a friend had a full conversation on the variations on our culture, and how we all have a different up bringing from AREA to MUSIC to Accents to Art to slang.

Another way to explain it is Locally WE US USA have the same variations. Like in LA you hear "Dick FOO", and see that Low Riders are popular. While in Texas you hear something else and Trucks are popular.

I made it long >_<

I'll just stop now.

(+)

#30 Posted by thegoddessofwar (24 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still warming up to all the new members, but I really like Blue Beetle so far.

#31 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim, Bart and Jaime FTW

#32 Posted by X9 (753 posts) - - Show Bio

: Oh, I got it now. And I have to say I agree with you.

Btw, it wasn't that long :)

#33 Posted by srk12 (84 posts) - - Show Bio

The only new character I've found interesting so far is Blue Beetle. The rest have either been underused or are a bit annoying. I guess Impulse was pretty good on first appearance but I need to see more of him to make a judgment.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.