Follow

Young Avengers

Team » Young Avengers appears in 389 issues.

A group of teenage superheroes with powers and abilities mirroring those of the Avengers, Young Avengers was formed by Iron Lad to defeat his future self, Kang. After the team disbanded, Kate Bishop later reformed the team with new costumes. A new team has now been formed by Loki.

The Future of the Marvel Universe

SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Edited By SladeRogers

What will Marvel's future look like? I mean sooner or later the current Avengers will die or be killed then the Young Avengers will step up and take their place (which would be cool because I wanna see Patriot as an adult as well as what will happen with Wiccan and Hulkling). And I was wondering, who else is there? I mean the Runaways will be adults and probably become full-fledged heroes but that's not a guarantee. So like what would be a possible future? I mean Daken may become a major villian like Dr. Doom or something but I'm not too sure of any of this shit. So like what is all of your opinions? Oh, and this doesn't include the movie Next Avengers.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By xerox_kitty

Franklin Richards should be 40+ years old by now... Marvel doesn't let their characters grow old.  In another 40 years time we'll still be reading about the same characters.  By then, maybe... just maybe Franklin will be a teenager :p

The Gray Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By The Gray Fox
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " Franklin Richards should be 40+ years old by now... Marvel doesn't let their characters grow old.  In another 40 years time we'll still be reading about the same characters.  By then, maybe... just maybe Franklin will be a teenager :p "

Well, that's not entirely true. The Power Pack kids were allowed to grow up, Julie is now seventeen (See the "Excelsior" story arc in Runaways and the Loners mini-series) and Alex is going off to college (he's made a couple appearances in Fantastic Four lately, especially during Franklin's birthday party, which was where he mentioned what Jack and Katie had been doing as of late). 

And then there's Steve Coffin, the second Captain Universe and the son of the original, who advanced in age in both of his post-Micronauts #8 appearances (he was seen getting ready to go off to college in Marvel Spotlight vol.2 #9 and by the time Cosmic Powers Unlimited #5 came out he was a full grown thirty or forty something year-old man). And let's not forget Jubilee and Stature, they've both grown up a little bit since the old days.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Magian
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "Franklin Richards should be 40+ years old by now... Marvel doesn't let their characters grow old.  In another 40 years time we'll still be reading about the same characters.  By then, maybe... just maybe Franklin will be a teenager :p "

I agree with this. As for Franklin being a teenager, I'm not so optimistic.
    Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Lokheit
    @xerox-kitty said:

" Franklin Richards should be 40+ years old by now... Marvel doesn't let their characters grow old.  In another 40 years time we'll still be reading about the same characters.  By then, maybe... just maybe Franklin will be a teenager :p "  

At least they let them grow a litle, a story arc of 6 issues takes 6 month of real time but in the book usually only takes one day to one week or so. For example, characters like spiderman and the first class of the x-men had around 15 years 45 years ago, now they are described to be on their early 30s or later 20s and if you count each isue a character appears in -not counting alternate realities like ultimate- as a day of life (and most of the times each issue isn't even a day specially when they form part of a story-arc) then you realize that they are older than they should be (possibly due to some weeks of rest between certain story arcs, though most of them takes place directly after the previous one or take place in different series that takes place pararelly filling the time). 

If they were going to age at the same time as us, then they should appear day-to-day in comics, and there is not time to draw so many comic-books. 

So I think that one day we will see a mid 20s young avengers/ new x-men, or a teenager Franklin Richards, but I think they still has a lot of adventures to see as teenagers/kids. (According to the rate with that spider-man or the x-men grew, about 15 years in around 45 years, 3 real life years are more or less equal to one year of time in comics).
    SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SladeRogers

Yeah, everything said is justifiable. Now like what would be like a new avengers team? The young avengers and the runaways join forces and they all adopt hero names. Nico could be the Indigo Witch and Molly could be the Breaker or something. And Ultron's kid could be Tech or whatever. But in my opinion, I think that soon enough Marvel will put out a story arc (possibly named the End or Last Days or whatever) about a possible future in the primary universe where The Young Avengers and the new Fantastic Four (lead by reed and sue's boys and whatever children Johnny and Ben may have in the time from the present till this time) are battling some undefeatable new threat and they must resurrect their parents or travel to the past or what ever the hell. You guys know how Marvel is. I'm ranting about this because there are like no good futures to look toward in the Marvel U! I just really wanna see an Avengers/New X-men crossover (of course the X-men being lead by Logan) where they are kickin the holy shit outta a new and stronger Doom or an evil Wiccan or extremely vicious Hulking and an army of Kree and Skrull soldiers or something cool like that.
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By Dakens son

Dude,you know,that question was stucked in my mind  but as things always tend to go with earth-616 of the marvel universe,just sit back and enjoy.
    About Avengers I think they'll take Shields place as an espionage group(or maybe not,as you said you can't be sure).
    Daken I think he'll follow Logans steps and if you ask me I feel there are some major match ups or rendezvous with x-23 are going to take place 
    But those are just some scenarios based upon what is given.
    Who knows?I believe Marvel will treat us well...

Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By Dakens son
    @xerox-kitty said:
    True!
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @The Gray Fox said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:

Well, that's not entirely true. The Power Pack kids were allowed to grow up, Julie is now seventeen (See the "Excelsior" story arc in Runaways and the Loners mini-series) and Alex is going off to college (he's made a couple appearances in Fantastic Four lately, especially during Franklin's birthday party, which was where he mentioned what Jack and Katie had been doing as of late). 

And then there's Steve Coffin, the second Captain Universe and the son of the original, who advanced in age in both of his post-Micronauts #8 appearances (he was seen getting ready to go off to college in Marvel Spotlight vol.2 #9 and by the time Cosmic Powers Unlimited #5 came out he was a full grown thirty or forty something year-old man). And let's not forget Jubilee and Stature, they've both grown up a little bit since the old days. "
    To be fair, only Julie & Alex Power were allowed to grow up.  As a long standing Power Pack fan, I'm not satisfied with brief cameo appearances, and only a mention of Jack & Katie.  Jack & Katie haven't been seen for years because the writers don't want to bother with little kids.  Those kids have been around since 1984.  How is it that only 2 out of the 4 Power kids have managed to grow?  How is it that they've managed to grow around 5 or 6 years in the last 26 years... while Franklin Richards debuted in 1968 and still hasn't made it to High School in 42 years worth of comics? 

I can't comment on Steve Cossin or Stature, but Jubilee has been devolved lately.  Her 'growth' as Wondra has been undone lately.  The long hair is short again, and she's wearing the yellow trenchcoat & shades... again.  She has been around since 1989.  In 21 years worth of comics, Jubilee nearly made it into her early 20's, but has been pushed back to late teens... at best.  She's managed to gain 2, 3 maybe 4 years at most with her current incarnation.    

Look at the original X-Men & Spider-Man.  They were in their mid teens in the early 60's.  50 years later, they're barely in their early 30's (some of them are meant to be in their late 20's still).  It is inconsistent story-telling, because writers & editors are too scared to let their characters realistically grow.  

I've grown up with so many characters, who were all older than me when I got into comics.  Yet now I am much older than most of them.  There is no such thing as a 'future' for Marvel.  Not until they let their characters realistically grow, age & retire to be replaced.  
    The Gray Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By The Gray Fox
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " To be fair, only Julie & Alex Power were allowed to grow up.  As a long standing Power Pack fan, I'm not satisfied with brief cameo appearances, and only a mention of Jack & Katie.  Jack & Katie haven't been seen for years because the writers don't want to bother with little kids.  Those kids have been around since 1984.  How is it that only 2 out of the 4 Power kids have managed to grow?  How is it that they've managed to grow around 5 or 6 years in the last 26 years... while Franklin Richards debuted in 1968 and still hasn't made it to High School in 42 years worth of comics?  I can't comment on Steve Cossin or Stature, but Jubilee has been devolved lately.  Her 'growth' as Wondra has been undone lately.  The long hair is short again, and she's wearing the yellow trenchcoat & shades... again.  She has been around since 1989.  In 21 years worth of comics, Jubilee nearly made it into her early 20's, but has been pushed back to late teens... at best.  She's managed to gain 2, 3 maybe 4 years at most with her current incarnation.     Look at the original X-Men & Spider-Man.  They were in their mid teens in the early 60's.  50 years later, they're barely in their early 30's (some of them are meant to be in their late 20's still).  It is inconsistent story-telling, because writers & editors are too scared to let their characters realistically grow.   I've grown up with so many characters, who were all older than me when I got into comics.  Yet now I am much older than most of them.  There is no such thing as a 'future' for Marvel.  Not until they let their characters realistically grow, age & retire to be replaced. "

I guess you're right but it's not like we can actually do anything about it.
    Rosebunse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rosebunse

Yeah, I'm waiting for the day when I am older than these characters. That being said, there are far to many "legacy" kids running around for someone not to want to make a mini-series or something.
    SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SladeRogers
    @Rosebunse:
    By legacy kids you mean like Daken, Skaar, The Richards boys, etc.?
    Rosebunse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rosebunse

I don't think we want everything to go real-time or anything, but some formula would be nice. I mean, we do want one or two people to age up. A mini would be a good way, and on the off chance sales picked up, it could help make this "never-grow up" attitude go away. It will probably never go away completly, but it could lessen it.
    HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By HellionVulcan

Daken will be an anti-hero or a wolverine villain as i can't see him being a world wide threat .

SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SladeRogers
    @HellionVulcan:
    Yeah, quite understandable, but you know how Marvel is. When they thought Wolverine needed something new, they brought Daken in. So you'll never know.
    Benuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Benuben

Yes! I thought, that I am only one, who ´had that idea.  I think it could be possible.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.