Does anybody love the Young Avenger as much as me???

#1 Posted by Ragelantern (50 posts) - - Show Bio

I really wish the writer/creator of this team would commit to a monthly title, such a well written series so far.

#2 Posted by Musedp (79 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ragelantern: HaHa FINALLY some one who loves them nearly as much as i do! i totally agree a monthly title! tho if i could have it my way it'd be a weekly-if not daily title HaHa, i truly cant get enough.
#3 Posted by Ragelantern (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I love the Avengers but Heinbeurg writes these guys epically, I got the first 12 issue TPB like 8 months ago read it in a day and amazon'd all the rest. The childrens crusade has been amazing so far.

#4 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah. I do.
#5 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

I only read YA stuff in trade but I fell in love the moment I cracked open Vol.1.

#6 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Overall I like the team, but I certainly wouldn't mind Cassie and Vision being replaced.

#7 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized: Is Cassie possibly joining the Avengers Academy?  Am I crazy or is this her???

#8 Posted by Musedp (79 posts) - - Show Bio

so far i've bought most comics they appear in, even if they've got one line haha.. currently in the process of buying a few siege comics that they can be seen in the background...obsessive you say?!...lol 

#9 Edited by labarith (670 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling said:

@pixelized: Is Cassie possibly joining the Avengers Academy?  Am I crazy or is this her???

Power Pack member. 

And yes, I love Young Avengers... but it needs a new writer, clearly. 

These characters need room to grow.  The the return of you-know-who in the recent arc was handled astonishingly brash, and makes 2 characters look pathetic.  It was only their Mighty Avengers stint that allowed them to have some freedom to DO SOMETHING, and even that wasn't enough.
#10 Edited by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Avengers is a good team but they are pretty mismatched.Hawkeye and Patriot are almost useless.Even though Kate is my favorite member she hasn't lived up to the name Hawkeye yet.

#11 Posted by Ragelantern (50 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro Dude I love patriot, hawkeye is worthless though.
#12 Posted by Ragelantern (50 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling That would be awesome I enjoy the avengers academy quite a bit also.
#13 Posted by The Stegman (24357 posts) - - Show Bio

really it's my favorite Marvel title out right now

#14 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Young Avengers. After Avengers Disassembled I was worried about a book called Young Avengers but ended up loving it. If it came out monthly it would be the best Avengers book and the best teen book.

#15 Posted by Kairan1979 (16746 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ragelantern
I disagree. Hawkeye may not be powerhouse like Hulkling, but she already proved her usefulness.
The problem is that Patriot is a bad leader.
#16 Posted by Ragelantern (50 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC I totally agree
#17 Posted by Ragelantern (50 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kairan1979 Ok you make valid points, I actually don't mind all the characters.
#18 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ragelantern: Turns out she's actually Julie Power. Thanks to labarith for clearing that up.
#19 Posted by Ragelantern (50 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling oh well thanks for clearing that up.
#20 Posted by feargalr (1163 posts) - - Show Bio

Im loving the childrens crusade... I really want these characters to be explored a bit more... and a monthly title or something.. though it kinda bugs me how everyone on the team has paired off...

#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ragelantern said:
Patriot just as useless as Hawkeye.
#22 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Ragelantern said:

They're both fun though... I love Iron Lad though... Even though he has a horrible name. Sucks.

#23 Posted by Musedp (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Ragelantern said:

Hawkeye isnt useless!...she just hasn't shown her true potential yet!...HOWEVER Childrens Crusade #7 really did prove how useless patriot is!..FREAKING IDIOT!!! how'd he not see that coming?..GAAAAHHH!!! i want to slap him...if i ever see anyone cosplaying as him...I'll slap him punch him in the stomach and say "YOU KNOW WHY!".....he better redeem himself ASAP! haha

#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

They're both fun though... I love Iron Lad though... Even though he has a horrible name. Sucks.

Kate is one of my favorite characters but it's her personality that does it for me.The real Hawkeye (Clint Barton) has been kind of pathetic his whole career too so I can see why she hasn't done much.
#25 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@ReVamp said:

Kate is one of my favorite characters but it's her personality that does it for me.The real Hawkeye (Clint Barton) has been kind of pathetic his whole career too so I can see why she hasn't done much.

She really does need a new name though. Her, and Wiccan, and Hulkling, and Speed (the latter not so much), and Iron Lad and... you get the point :P

Though I love her too. She's an interesting character and I can't wait till we see more of her origin, since she's the one who has it least developed.

#26 Posted by Iron_Lad (315 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Avengers is awesome. Hawkeye is not useless, she's their only reliable leader. The one member that always seems to rub me the wrong way is Patriot. Especially after what he did in Children's Crusade # 7....SMH.

#27 Posted by labarith (670 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Young Avengers... but it seriously needs a good ongoing book put out on a decent schedule. Give them a few of their own villains and call it a day.

How ele are we gonna see Cassie/Vision/Ironlad's love triangle now that Mighty Avengers crapped out?

#28 Posted by Unnbreakable (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Patriots not a bad leader Hawkeye is not useless its that there abilities are unclear like patriot is lvl 4 strength and his skin is bullet prof. But people think he has caps powers but his grampa has bullet prof. skin to.That needs to be cleared up. It even says his powers in young avengers and runaways. But they never have real combat ether they are on the verge of death then saved or they are slapping the enemy around to easily. They need more fights like Dark Young Avengers. And yes I love the comic

#29 Edited by rezairondroid (18 posts) - - Show Bio

yes, i do... i so much like them.. they must have animated series to them... and add more new unique character :)

and i hate why are they people choose Young justcie always win for battle :(

#30 Edited by Scarlett_Wiccan (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh gosh I adore them!! :D since I'm new to comics, it was a honor to have YA as my first comic, which was back in October, I hope to read Children's Crusade and anything else having to do with the team, when I get the chance since money is tight and all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.