Dark Reign: Young Avengers #2 Review!

Posted by G-Man (31778 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you think of this series? Did you guys read it? What's the deal with Enchantress? Did it knock your socks off?

Staff
#1 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

If  i didn't like the Young Avengers i would have dropped this. Seeing Wiccan again plus the pretty pictures makes me continue to pick it up. You get a 2 page fight and the rest is 20 pages drenched in dialogue. I soooo didn't recognize Executioner's mom though. 

#2 Edited by Fresh Prince (5065 posts) - - Show Bio
I wanna read this book and find out where it's going to take Enchantress but I'm low on cash :(

Why is Enchantress even on the YOUNG Avengers anyways? :P
#3 Edited by War Killer (20102 posts) - - Show Bio

I like seeing this team having their own villians, it's cool seeing them dealing with

#4 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fresh Prince said:
" I wanna read this book and find out where it's going to take Enchantress but I'm low on cash :(

"
that's what we're all waiting to find out
#5 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh god Princess Python, here and the return of the Scourge villains in Punisher. This is a good time for H- Z grade villains.

#6 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio

H-Z grade god they must suck?

#7 Posted by Bergquist (695 posts) - - Show Bio

did you see deadpool

#8 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" If  i didn't like the Young Avengers i would have dropped this. Seeing Wiccan again plus the pretty pictures makes me continue to pick it up. You get a 2 page fight and the rest is 20 pages drenched in dialogue. I soooo didn't recognize Executioner's mom though.  "
It was Princess Python. I agree, though. Not only was it drenched in dialogue, it was horrible dialogue. Like on one page, where Coat of Arms is talking to Norman Osborn, it seems like he's holding a conversation with himself for a little bit, like he's answering questions that she didn't even ask. Both issues are like that, though. The dialogue is really iffy and the whole book is saved by the art. I like the concept of having a team of--almost--Young Masters of Evil trying to be Young Avengers, but the whole thing is lacking in writing, in my opinion.

@Fresh Prince said:
" I wanna read this book and find out where it's going to take Enchantress but I'm low on cash :(

"
One could assume it's not the real Enchantress. The fact that she's been failing to speak Shakespearean correctly and other little hints have been seen in the first two issues.

#9 Posted by G-Man (31778 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
" @pixelized said:
" If  i didn't like the Young Avengers i would have dropped this. Seeing Wiccan again plus the pretty pictures makes me continue to pick it up. You get a 2 page fight and the rest is 20 pages drenched in dialogue. I soooo didn't recognize Executioner's mom though.  "
It was Princess Python. I agree, though. Not only was it drenched in dialogue, it was horrible dialogue. Like on one page, where Coat of Arms is talking to Norman Osborn, it seems like he's holding a conversation with himself for a little bit, like he's answering questions that she didn't even ask. Both issues are like that, though. The dialogue is really iffy and the whole book is saved by the art. I like the concept of having a team of--almost--Young Masters of Evil trying to be Young Avengers, but the whole thing is lacking in writing, in my opinion.

@Fresh Prince said:

"
One could assume it's not the real Enchantress. The fact that she's been failing to speak Shakespearean correctly and other little hints have been seen in the first two issues. "
Her attempts at speech remind me of Thor's daughter Torin from the Next Avengers dvd.
Staff
#10 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Art looks sharp!

Too bad the story isn't.

#11 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" Oh god Princess Python, here and the return of the Scourge villains in Punisher. This is a good time for H- Z grade villains. "
I was wondering who that woman was on the last page. I assumed it was Enchantress.

It's a good time for H-Z grade villains in the Marvel U and in the Bat-Books.
#12 Edited by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you should do a review of Runaways Mr G-Man
I'd love you forever and ever.

(:

and I'd knock your socks off anyday ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.