Follow

Young Allies

Team » Young Allies appears in 113 issues.

Golden Age sidekick team re-imagined for the "Heroic Age" of Marvel beginning in 2010.

Why do the Good (Allies) Die Young? Young Allies Series Canceled

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Edited By sora_thekey
    This cover will never see print!
    This cover will never see print!
    I just saw this posted on timorthsays's blog:

• Young Allies #7 (OCT100642, $2.99) is canceled. The series will end with issue #6.

According to PreviewsWorld.com issue #7 will never see print, even though the beautiful cover by Humberto Ramos was included in Marvel's December Solicits.
    Personally I loved the series very much, and the idea and premise was something which I enjoyed very much. Last week's issue ended the first story arc, which just established the team. Yet the stories have now been halted!

With the series finished and done, what will be of the team in the Marvel Universe. According to Tom DeFalco, the writer of the new Spider-Girl book coming out in November, the Young Allies will appear in his book. I assume then that the team will continue to exist although the book won't  

But timorthsays asked a valid question... "Who Cares?"

Do you care? It seems that the cancellation must be due to Marvel not making enough profit from the book. I have talked with another user here on the site who reads the book and enjoys, and a certain "Duo" has reviewed almost all the issues of the short run. So my question is, how popular was this book really? Did you read it?

EDIT:
    Also G-Man tweeted in response to this:  

GManFromHeck: @ sora_thekey we talked about this at the very end of the podcast. I blame pirates. And by pirates I mean those who download illegally.

It's really sad because "pirates" were also the reason the Wonder Woman and Green Lantern animated movies didn't get a sequel.

-- Geo ( sora_thekey), long time user, blogger, wiki editor of the Whiskey Media Sites, and an all time geek!  
    brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By brc2000

I honestly didn't like the series, but I think they should at least let their ongoings go on till the10th issue.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Backflip

I picked up the first issue and I liked what I saw. But, in recent weeks with all the Shadowland malarky, I've had to cut some books, and frankly, whilst enjoyable; Young Allies didn't feel important enough, or good enough to take presidence over other books. I'm sad its cancelled, but yeah...

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Same as any, good comic or bad, not enough people buying. criteria for that gets higher and higher and is real tough in todays
    market. If something doesn't make its quota take it off the market, and its real hard for comics like this one when most readers
    are already spending their change on more well known books that they've kept with for years. add to that the amount of crossovers
    and a book like this falls way down on priority ladders to a " i would like to get it but just cant right now " book. see it happen all the time.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Damn, just like SWORD, and Dr. Voodoo, with luck this last issue will be collected in the trade

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ms__omega

I kinda liked the series :(

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Magian

Too bad.

TheBuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By TheBuck

Didn't like it it was to much like a CW show. I did buy all the issues in hopes that it would get better and the last two did but the first 4 were are what did it for the title getting canned.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I have been reading the series but, I never thought was that great. So, I am not that surprised. 

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By danhimself

it was an ok book...but I'm not going to miss it

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

Also thank you for the shout out Sora.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sora_thekey
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " Same as any, good comic or bad, not enough people buying. criteria for that gets higher and higher and is real tough in todays market. If something doesn't make its quota take it off the market, and its real hard for comics like this one when most readers are already spending their change on more well known books that they've kept with for years. add to that the amount of crossovers and a book like this falls way down on priority ladders to a " i would like to get it but just cant right now " book. see it happen all the time. "
    I've had that happen.... That's how I dropped Gotham City Sirens, Batgirl and for a while even Batman and Robin.

@haydenclaireheroes:  No Prob!

BTW... I Edited something!
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @Ms. Omega said:
    " I kinda liked the series :( "
    Same here D:
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sora_thekey
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    " Damn, just like SWORD, and Dr. Voodoo, with luck this last issue will be collected in the trade "
    When I decided to finally start collecting SWORD the series was then announced canceled.
    Sometimes people just overlook good potential! 
    Also I agree with you, that last issue, which I assume was already in the works until this announcement came up should be finished and be released somehow!
    WizardShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WizardShazam

A little late to the party but blaming pirates for everything is such a lazy excuse. I can't see how the seventh issue won't see the light of day somehow, considering it appears to be pretty far along. 

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sora_thekey
    Hawkling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Hawkling

i only bought the first issue of this. The team wasn't that exciting. Their appearance in Onslaught Unleashed is questionable.

Radread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By Radread

I was enjoying the series, it should have gotten a full year at least.
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By Kairan1979

Good riddance. Bastards of Evil were even worse than "Dark" Young Avengers.
    Without superpowers Arana is just as annoying as Stephanie Brown. I can say the same about Ricky Barnes. Gravity is annoying (couldn't he stay with Great Lakes Avengers?). And let's not start about Toro.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#19  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Radread said:
    "   I was enjoying the series, it should have gotten a full year at least. "
    Agreed.  There have been times it's rivalled & even been better than Avengers Academy.  It was criminal that it was axed so soon, but I'm glad to see the team interacting with the rest of the Marvel U as  result ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.