Y the Last Man Tv show?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I want to start off by saying i personally LOVE the "Y The Last Man" comic series, and i have heard rumors that it is getting a movie staring Shia Lebeouf (again, these are rumors) however i think the series would benefit more from a television show, seeing as how it has a lot of information, too much if you ask me, to be properly done in two hours. I think that a episodic version of the comic would be a great idea, especially seeing how much acclaim AMC's "The Walking Dead" is getting. 

so i ask you guys, do you think Y the last man deserves a tv show? or do you think a movie is a better idea? who would you choose to play Yorick Brown and his supporting cast? Also, which channel should air it? Personally, due to some of the graphic scenes in the comic, i go for HBO or Showtime. 

(it might also be interesting to note that   French director Louis Leterrier has also expressed interest in adapting the series for television) 

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

it sure would be awesome if the Shia Lebeouf movie never gets off of the ground and I sure do hope that they do make a television show....maybe on a network like AMC with someone other than Shia Lebeouf as the lead

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By cyberninja

Shia Lebeouf? No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No!  

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

It'd be odd to pick up a property so long after it has been concluded. That said, at least we don't have to worry about what they'll do when they catch up to the most recent issues ;p I think this would be a great TV series, but I'm not sure if it would last long enough to reach the conclusion... As long as "Hollywood" doesn't mess around with the premise & characters too much then it could work (but not with Shia, although when's the last time he did TV? ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.