Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Possible director?
     Possible director?
    One of Vertigo's greatest stories, Y: The Last Man, has been in pre-production limbo for years. The supposed original plan was that D.J. Caruso, director of Eagle Eye and Disturbia, was going to team up with Shia LaBeouf for this film, but Clash of the Titans (2010) and Incredible Hulk (2008) director Louis Leterrier seems to be the next director in line to put together this film. FilmSchoolRejects got the scoop on this one.

An inside source that Clash of the Titans director Louis Leterrier has been eying the project as a potential next film. Coming off of Clash, Leterrier’s upcoming schedule appears to be relatively clean, as he hasn’t attached himself to anything at the moment. This being the time — the week leading up to a major release — that a director attaches him/herself to another project, capitalizing on the heat from their current release, it makes sense that Leterrier is looking to get to work on what he’ll do next.

This seems to be a tough one to call. D.J. Caruso is more of a suspense director, and Louis Leterrier is more action related. Y: The Last Man is a drama, more than anything. Although, I do believe Leterrier could do a great job with this property, I believe Caruso would be more suited to the story. (My favorite comic of all time, just to let you know!)  Y: The Last Man does contain a good amount of action within it, but it's more lot of hiding and paranoia than anything else. Leterrier is capable of pulling this off also, not just Caruso. Leterrier's Incredible Hulk is a good example of blending all the elements that you would have within a Y: The Last Man movie. 

So it comes down to D.J. Caruso or Louis Leterrier, and Leterrier may have the lead, but the race isn't over. If you ask me, this film will be in pre-production limbo for a while, or until the internet proves me wrong once again. Who do you guys think would be a better director? D.J. Caruso or Louis Leterrier?
    Avatar image for son_of_the_northwind
    Son Of The Northwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's about time this gets filmed

Benzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Benzo

I will love to see a Y: The Last Man movie!!! :D it is such a great story!!!!!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck

I want to see it as an HBO series.

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Bruce Vain

I never read Y :The Last Man even though I should have, but because I've heard nothing but great things of the series & I like Louis's work. I'll see this if this happens.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @G-Man said:
    " I want to see it as an HBO series. "
    Exactly
    Bobby X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Bobby X

I don't see how Y is going to be a movie...unless the make it into a really long one...or a Trilogy (sigh). It would make a much better TV series though. 

I love Y and I'm on board for whatever live action production they attempt. Caruso does seem like a better fit though... 
    swhorl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 33

#7  Edited By swhorl

Oh, yes.  Please do cram 60 issues worth of story into 2 & 1/2 hours of film. 

Leave it be. 

EDIT: Hey, this reminds me... when's the Preacher film coming?

Abjekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Abjekt

Yeah, not into the idea of this being a film. There's no way it'd be worth going to see if that was the case.

A good series though, that'd be awesome if done properly.

iloverobots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iloverobots
    @G-Man said:
    " I want to see it as an HBO series. "
    That really would be the best option. I don't think they could contain enough of the story in a 2 hours movie, and trilogies aren't what they used to be. It'd be much better as tv series, and HBO would be a perfect network for the style. 

They have such an amazing story and set of characters to work with, they'd have to be idiots to make something bad with this.
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Decept-O

G-Man makes a good suggestion.  Dang, he's a fart smeller, er, a smart feller after all. 
    Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Louis Letterier's movies are always awesome! I don't evven know what series this is but chances are I'll see it.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By NightFang3

I wan't a Y:The Last Man film but only if it's done right and either Caruso or Leterrier could make this work.

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13  Edited By zombietag

I LOVE Y!!! and although people might hate me for saying this, i think shia could do a good job. hes always playing a smart mouthed kid 

@G-Man: im down w/ that too. a movie would be cool but it is a really long story so it might be better suited for tv

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Decept-O
    @Bruce Vain: 

Brother Bruce, I do believe you owe it to yourself to get as many trades of the series as possible. 

Sadly I've only read a few in the series, but man I loved it.     Definitely a guy fantasy type thing, but it's nicely done.   Can't recommend it enough.  I think you'll dig it!
    iloverobots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By iloverobots
    @zombietag said:
    " I LOVE Y!!! and although people might hate me for saying this, i think shia could do a good job. hes always playing a smart mouthed kid 

@G-Man: im down w/ that too. a movie would be cool but it is a really long story so it might be better suited for tv "
    I would like to see Zachari "Chuck" Levi for Yorick
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By DH69

hmm slow cautious clap

frogger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By frogger
    @G-Man: I want to see it as an HBO series.     

Thats kinda what what I was thinking because the story is just so big.
    zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18  Edited By zombietag
    @iloverobots said:
    " @zombietag said:
    " I LOVE Y!!! and although people might hate me for saying this, i think shia could do a good job. hes always playing a smart mouthed kid 

@G-Man: im down w/ that too. a movie would be cool but it is a really long story so it might be better suited for tv "
    I would like to see Zachari "Chuck" Levi for Yorick "
    i could see that too. he would be funny
    daveydavey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By daveydavey

@G-Man said:

"I want to see it as an HBO series. "

I agree G-Man, I dont think a two hour movie can do such a great series justice.

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dondasch

I'm not sure on the director, but the thought of Shia LaBeouf as Y makes me gag.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.