New X-Men relaunched again?

• 90 results
#1 Posted by fesak (7045 posts) - - Show Bio

As you know there hasn't been any New X-Men in the last two solicitations, which suggest it's been canceled.

However this article http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12620

says there's a new title called Young X-Men coming soon.

Opinions? I'm getting tired of all these relaunches just to get a quick sales boost with the new #1.

Moderator Online
#2 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that title better then New X-Men.

#3 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't. We got Young Avengers, now Young X-Men, next will be Young Fantastic Four and Young Illuminati. Unless it's like a major change to the team or something, I think it should have stayed the same. I can't do anything about it though.

#4 Posted by fesak (7045 posts) - - Show Bio

New is not a very good prefix either. For any title.

Now that i think about it it's hard to come up with any good name. X-Men: Legacy would have been better if they now have to change it, but they are going to use that on adjectiveless instead.

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by fear monger (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"As you know there hasn't been any New X-Men in the last two solicitations, which suggest it's been canceled. However this article http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12620 says there's a new title called Young X-Men coming soon. Opinions? I'm getting tired of all these relaunches just to get a quick sales boost with the new #1. "

i think it is a new group,unless the have the same team members

#6 Posted by fesak (7045 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#7 Posted by Titan3510 (432 posts) - - Show Bio

Wierd. Young isn't really that appealling but who cares.

So these should be the new titles for post-Messiah Complex.

• Cable

• X-Force

• X-Men: Legacy

• Young X-Men

• Astonishing X-Men

But what about Uncanny X-Men and X-Factor. And is Hepzibah on X-Force or what? I hope we get Rachel, Lorna and Alex back from space. And where the heck is Darwin?

#8 Posted by fesak (7045 posts) - - Show Bio

Darwin is on X-Factor. I also heard that atleast one new X-Kid would be put on each team, and one will be appearing in the Deadpool series.

Moderator Online
#9 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

This X-Crap needs to get sorted out.

#10 Posted by fesak (7045 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah. Apparently streamlining the X-line means canceling three titles and launching four new...?

Moderator Online
#11 Posted by eter (203 posts) - - Show Bio

they could put on the young x-men students as trance match or loa they have to starred histories too

#12 Posted by eter (203 posts) - - Show Bio

and what happened with hellion and elixir? are they death? will they wake up form the coma?

#13 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone know what's happening to Elixir? he's my favourite at the moment, but haven't red much on him lately. getting tired down by DC comics.

#14 Posted by eter (203 posts) - - Show Bio

he is in coma during the messiah complex after the chapter 6

#15 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

eter says:

"he is in coma during the messiah complex after the chapter 6"

GOD DAMN IT!

They have a good character there. Marvel use him!

#16 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like Wolf cub grew a snout. I gues the older he get the more werewolf he looks like.

#17 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Np.

#19 Posted by eter (203 posts) - - Show Bio

yes you are right with wolf cub and thanks for the interview

#20 Posted by fesak (7045 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, Guggenheim doesn't get it at all. Rockslide is NOT latino, he's italian-american, and Wolf Cub is NOT a young Wolverine. And to choose characters because they're muslim or female or whatever is NOT the way to pick a great team.

It's clear that he doesn't listen to the fans. People like Blindfold because she's different with the odd clothes and yodaish speech patterns. That's gone now.

And the way to make a great character is to listen to the fans and bring forward background characters that has a big fan following like they have done recently with with Anole and Pixie. Not to force-feed us characters that are designed to be "cool and badass" like Ink.

And as i said in the other thread Ink's powers seems really lame, and what's to stop him from getting a tattoo of the Hulk? Or even the Infinity Gems?

Also, why relaunch it now? Really odd choice from a sales perspective. It should have gotten more readers thanks to the crossover.

Moderator Online
#21 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I'm glad Wolf cub has a snout. Bt yea your right. But he is trying. I don't hae all the new x-men comics so I don't know the characters to well.
Post Edited:2008-01-26 17:01:27

#22 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"Wow, Guggenheim doesn't get it at all. Rockslide is NOT latino, he's italian-american, and Wolf Cub is NOT a young Wolverine. And to choose characters because they're muslim or female or whatever is NOT the way to pick a great team.It's clear that he doesn't listen to the fans. People like Blindfold because she's different with the odd clothes and yodaish speech patterns. That's gone now.And the way to make a great character is to listen to the fans and bring forward background characters that has a big fan following like they have done recently with with Anole and Pixie. Not to force-feed us characters that are designed to be "cool and badass" like Ink.And as i said in the other thread Ink's powers seems really lame, and what's to stop him from getting a tattoo of the Hulk? Or even the Infinity Gems?Also, why relaunch it now? Really odd choice from a sales perspective. It should have gotten more readers thanks to the crossover."

Agree with all of that.

#23 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one looking forward for this comic?

#25 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men have degraded into insanity. The convolution and lack of forethought the X -titles have suffered in recent years has all but driven me off of them and this new stuff doesn't inspire hope. X-men was my poison of choice when I started collecting (independently) 18 years ago, now ....well..............

#26 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I know I'm not. Someone tell me what Greymalkin or whatever his name is can do when the comic comes out. It better not be what I think it is.

#27 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you think it is?

#28 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want to guess and be wrong. Or right.

#29 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Essentially you have a stone giant , a sand elemental. a teenwolf, a tatoo magic -fella and Gramalkin who is prolly a mix of the werewolf and stone giant. Don't ask me where I'm getting that.

Overall not very innovative mutations, so the writing better be fan! tas! tic!

#30 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Factor is the only X-book I look forward to. That and Astonishing but the team's about to change so I don't know if I still will. I liked New X-Men but it's gone now.

#31 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, X-factor seems cool. I liked New X-men too and I'm wondering where the other members are going to be at.

#32 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Was I the only one who liked Prodigy?

#33 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Was I the only one who liked Prodigy?"

Nah, I thought he was cool. I just didn't like his future self in that story arc of him and his powers.

#34 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Copy says:

"Buckshot says:
"Was I the only one who liked Prodigy?"

Nah, I thought he was cool. I just didn't like his future self in that story arc of him and his powers."

Did you really like him or just tolerate/not-hate him? I liked his future thing. Not that he was a jerk and killed his friends, but that his potential was explored even if it wasn't used in continuity.
Post Edited:2008-01-27 00:08:44

#35 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

No. I liked him. I thought he was a cool leader. The only one I couldn't stand was Wind dancer. I just didn't like her. To me she was just meh.

#36 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the idea of New X-men but the mutations seemed "model T" to me so I lost interest quickly.Astonishing is good. Since it's changing this may be the first time in my comic collecting career of 21 years that I am not following the X.....Wait! I still read Ultimate X....THey are cutting it close. And yes X-factor is good but they lost me with this Madrox is a changeling not a mutant and so forth. Also they need Ryan Sook back his Wolfsbane is definitive-ish.

#37 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

chameleone says:

"Copy says:
"It looks like Wolf cub grew a snout. I gues the older he get the more werewolf he looks like.
Nah" />http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/847/847666/young-x-men-20080125075839250.jpg"
Nah it just depends on the arist. Skottie Young drew him with one"

I hope other artist follow. I like the snout.

#38 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

MOst of em were meh to me. Especially Hellion, Surge, and as I write this I realize almost all the roster.

#39 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

Copy says:

"It looks like Wolf cub grew a snout. I gues the older he get the more werewolf he looks like.
" />http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/847/847666/young-x-men-20080125075839250.jpg"

Nah it just depends on the arist. Skottie Young drew him with one

#40 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Prodigy, Elixir, Mercury (kinda), Rockslide (when he had someone to play off of), Hellion (back when he had his own team and was a jerk he entertained me), and Anole's not bad (he's good with Rockslide).

#41 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone have any opinions on what will happen to Merucry and Anole and the rest of the team

#42 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I liked Prodigy, Elixir, Mercury (kinda), Rockslide (when he had someone to play off of), Hellion (back when he had his own team and was a jerk he entertained me), and Anole's not bad (he's good with Rockslide)."

I hope that they have their own team. I was never too much of a fan of Rockslide after he was discovered to be just a psychic entity and not just a man made out of rocks. Mercury is the most realistic character emotionally. Anole is also very real. I just hope that they will still be active mutants in a series

#43 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

Copy says:

"chameleone says:
"Copy says:
Nah" />http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/847/847666/young-x-men-20080125075839250.jpg"
Nah it just depends on the arist. Skottie Young drew him with one"

I hope other artist follow. I like the snout."

Lol, i'm just sayong that cuz after M-Day he had no snout and this is like 2 months later. I wonder if he went through a secondary more animal mutation, kinda like Cham did :P

#44 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked that aspect of Rockslide and I think they need to bring it up more because it has to have some meaning outside of Rockslide himself. There are other mutants (and even nonmutants) that are probably in the same situation or similar (ex: Iceman). They don't have to do anything with it but it's there and makes more sense when that explanation is used.

When did Anole and Pixie get all their fans? When the Quest for Magick thing happened I think it was the first time they really got showcased, but they already had fans before that.

#45 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I liked that aspect of Rockslide and I think they need to bring it up more because it has to have some meaning outside of Rockslide himself. There are other mutants (and even nonmutants) that are probably in the same situation or similar (ex: Iceman). They don't have to do anything with it but it's there and makes more sense when that explanation is used.When did Anole and Pixie get all their fans? When the Quest for Magick thing happened I think it was the first time they really got showcased, but they already had fans before that. "

Oh Hell yeah. I started liking Anole in the arc just after M-Day, so when the teams were disbanded. He was funny and i based my profile on him. I never really understood Pixie though. Personally i think her powers are lame, and cliche (like a fairy Princess). There aren't many heroes like Anole. When you think of lizard aliens or mutants, they're always the bad guys. I think Anole helped break that stereotype

#46 Posted by eter (203 posts) - - Show Bio

I think thatt they have put trance,loa,match or indra and not that greylamken

#47 Posted by eter (203 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that wither could be a member of the new brotherhood of mutants.

#48 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

I just read issue 43 and it was awesome what prodigy did to hellion.

#49 Posted by fesak (7045 posts) - - Show Bio

chameleone says:

"Does anyone have any opinions on what will happen to Merucry and Anole and the rest of the team"

Skottie Young is writing and illustrating an Anole solo story that will appear in X-Men: Divided we stand #1

Moderator Online
#50 Posted by eter (203 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope to read anole´s story.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.