Why aren't more people reading this?

#1 Posted by k4tzm4n (39496 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Read subject title.
  2. Begin discussion.

On a more serious note, Valiant's new X-O Manowar series (a character that has never been on my radar) has left me quite impressed after just two issues. Am I the only one in the Vineverse reading this or are there other fans out there?

Staff
#2 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8793 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I already answered that question at the Ledger K4tz :P

#3 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Heard good things about it, Harbinger too but my pull list is far too big as it is

#4 Posted by k4tzm4n (39496 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach: Copy and paste it like a boss!

Staff
#5 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8793 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n:

1-Years of resistance to the mental rape inflicted by marvel/dc has dulled their ability to believe in anything better

2-change is difficult for us hairless simians

3-Other U.S based companies, struggle to get basic visibility. No visibility=few new readers

4-European Comics are largely not distributed in the U.S because of bullshit trading agreements

5-Disney is evil

6-Warner brothers is evil

The over-saturation of publicity Marvel and DC have. Think of it this way, you have to seek out advertisement on other companies. Marvel and DC give you the advertisement. marvel has Disney, the ultimate evil corporation with a good image. They can swarm the media like few can.

Most people likely don't even know that Valiant exists let alone is a comic company

#6 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been following it as well.

#7 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been interested in this since I happened by the Ledger one evening.

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n: Yep I'm reading it and loving it and I also had never heard of the character in my life. I think Bloodshot looks pretty cool so I'll check that out as well
#9 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been reading it, it's pretty good so far definitely worth checkin out if you haven't.

#10 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to...lord knows I want to. I just dont have enough $$$ to maintain getting this along with all my other monthlies. I will be watching this for damned sure though along with all of Valiant's other great stuff. Love Manowar and have ever since he was new in the 90s.

#11 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach: oh god an evil corporation tree hugger

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.