Follow

X-O Manowar

Volume »

Volume 3.

Exclusive: X-O MANOWAR Ushers in EXODUS – A Powerful New Turning Point Beginning in August

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided

Valiant is proud to announce EXODUS – a pivotal new story arc beginning this August in X-O MANOWAR #39! Jump on board here as New York Times best-selling writer Robert Venditti (BOOK OF DEATH, Green Lantern) and fan-favorite artist Rafa Sandoval (X-Men: Legacy) trap Valiant's most powerful hero between two peoples he has sworn to protect – humanity...and a mass migration of alien refugees, orphaned and cast adrift by the unassailable attack of DEAD HAND!

Aric of Dacia is X-O Manowar, hero to humanity, leader of the remaining Visigoths, and a husband about to start a new family. He is also the bearer of Shanhara, and tantamount to a god in the eyes of the alien race known as the Vine. Now, in the aftermath of DEAD HAND's destruction of their world, the Vine need a new home and have chosen Earth – tearing Aric between two races that worship him, but each despise one another. Have these last living remnants of the Vine's civilization come seeking peace? And what changes will their arrival herald for our world? All – human and alien alike – will be tested when an old enemy seizes this moment of turmoil to attack Aric at his weakest…and forces the people of Earth to pay an impossible price for X-O Manowar's allegiance.

"What an amazing story Rob has planned for you all - a twist on Aric's history that remains true to X-O Manowar's spirit and will be full of surprises for longtime Valiant fans and new readers alike," said X-O Manowar editor Tom Brennan. "X-O Manowar spent so much of his life fighting the Vine and now he must be their champion - how will Earth react? Or his fellow survivors of Vine enslavement for that matter? We're going to answer those questions and more, and Rafa Sandoval's ability to brilliantly blend character drama and widescreen action is the perfect compliment to Rob's story of what it truly means to be a hero."

This August, brace for impact as the Earth confronts its alien EXODUS head-on, only in X-O MANOWAR #39 – featuring covers by red-hot artists Rafa Sandoval (Ultimate Hawkeye), Robert Gill (BOOK OF DEATH), CAFU (UNITY), and Brent Peeples (Last of the Greats)! In the aftermath of X-O Manowar's oversized wedding extravaganza, a new era for humanity begins here with a perfect jumping-on point for the acclaimed superhero series that Comic Vine calls "Valiant's top book, month after month".

For more information, visit online at Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and ValiantUniverse.com.

For Valiant merchandise and more, visit ValiantStore.com.

X-O MANOWAR #38 (WEDDING SPECTACULAR!)

Written by ROBERT VENDITTI with AMY CHU, ANDY RUNTON, and RAFER ROBERTS

Art by RAFA SANDOVAL with CLAYTON HENRY, CAFU, ANDY RUNTON, and RAFER ROBERTS

Cover A (Wraparound) by RAFA SANDOVAL (MAY151599)

Cover B by CARY NORD (MAY151600)

Cover C by CAFU (MAY151601)

Variant Cover by JAY FABARES (MAY151603)

Variant Cover by TOM FOWLER ((MAY151604)

Blank Invitation Variant Also Available (MAY151602)

$4.99 |48 pgs.| T+ | On sale JULY 1 (FOC – 6/8/15)

X-O MANOWAR #39 (NEW ARC! “EXODUS” – PART 1)

Written by ROBERT VENDITTI

Art by RAFA SANDOVAL

Cover A by RAFA SANDOVAL (MAY151599)

Cover B by ROBERT GILL (MAY151600)

Variant Cover by CAFU

Variant Cover by BRENT PEEPLES

$3.99 | 32 pages | T+ | On sale AUGUST 12 (FOC – 7/20/15)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

KASPERCOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Can't wait. My far-fetched theory is that Toyo Harada and his crew will try to intervene when Aric tries to help the Vine refugees. After all, the Vine did genetically engineer a hybrid version of their species to assassinate Toyo.

wmarshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

My body is ready

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Vendetti has been weaving a fantastic tale, and I look forward to what he has to put out from here.

Avatar image for victorcheenoanleu
    victorcheenoanleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rafa Sandoval?! Just take my money already!

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By scavengerFist

Now this is how you change the status quo. Aric will be torn.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Give me some previews

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Oh wow, I did not see that coming.

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venditti is definitely playing the long game. I love how each arc in X-O builds expertly on the previous ones. I'm very excited, and can't wait to read this!

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I need to catch up with X-O Manowar.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
    Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And since the Panini Comics in italy have "suspended" Valiant Pubblication [since italian comic buyer (not comic reader) are very stupid]... now I'm crying =_=

MachoMustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin: can't you use a online store like Amazon or even Valiants website its self or just go the digital route

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@machomustachio: buyng over-sea is extremely expensefull. From America to Europa/Italy, there are high tax and spedition cost, and the price of a comic book rise do 10/15 euro [11/17 dollars more or less]. TOO expensive.

And yes I can [and will] go for digital route, so at least I can read the story, but I'm a collector, and old style collector, who like comic/book in paper :(

wmarshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By wmarshal
    Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wmarshal: I don't know. Panini haven't given a clear explanation. They tell in to an official comunicate that the Valiant line was "suspended" [not "stopped", but as far as I know, usually is the same thing for Panini]. We suppose that is due of low selling [and so the fault is of stupid italian fans =_=].

X-O Manowar is "suspended" at issue 22. [yes, we are also extremely late...]

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Venditti is the man. I'm pumped for this.

MachoMustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin: I understand, I too like to hold the comic in my hands when I read them, I am sorry that you are denied that

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@machomustachio: thx :(

In Italy, we are plagued by an horrible import/traslation/distribution system. For some [unconceivable] reason, the publishing houses consider a good thing "join/mix/splitt" series as they like, even changing form of the book in middle season. For exemple, talking about the new series of Captain America [Dimension Z]: when the first number of Captain America reach Italy, Panini Comics published them on "CAPTAIN AMERICA n. 37", a volume containing also Captain Marvel n. 1 and HALF of n. 2, and "Captain America & Black Widows" n. 636. Logic? To sell you thing that otherwise you want buy! But it's not all here: on "Captain America n. 40", since the story of "Captain America & Black Widows" has endend, they substituite that with "Secret Avengers". And so, the n. 40 CHANGE TITLE, becaming "Captain America & Secret Avengers n. 40", containing: Captain America n. 4 - Captain Marvel n. 5 [Second Half] - Secret Avengers n. 1. - WHY?

Some other time, they do reverse logic: split some series. For example, the italian series "Flash & Wonder Woman" present the 2 series of Flash and Wonderwoman, till n. 16. From the 17, they became two different magazine [with other comprimaries...]. Or the "Marvel Now Thunderbolts", was published on "Devil and Marvel Knights" till n. 26, and the last 7 issue published in TPB =_=. Again: WHY?

'Couse italian reader are dork and buy it anyway, I suppose =_= but sometime [miracle!], they re-publish some series months [or years] later in TPB format, and so if we are luck, we can collect SOME series in a good and logic form =_=

Talking about X-O Manowar... they start to publish Valiant Directly in TPB form. WOW, Good! Very Good!

They have published 4 TBP, issue from 1 to 18. From the 19, they create a new magazine called "Valiant Presents", with X-O Manowar, Unity and Eternal Warriors [at least, the combo have some logic]... and after 4 issue only, the "suspend" Valiant import... =_=

Ok, sorry for the emotional surge of the post, but The World must know the sad situation of American Comics Italian fans [that are a lot!]

MachoMustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin:

Wow, I am really angry to hear that you guys and gals in Italy have to go through that, I am not good with words but I will say I am sincerely sorry that is the case and I hope that the situation improves at least somewhat in the future

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@machomustachio: Thx for your support =_=

But well... I read american comics since 1988 [more or less]... and well, the situation IS improved in the last 25 years :) I remember reading the first 25 numbers of Shade in 1994 [genius: they stop the traslation at 25, while the last issue of the Arc was 26 =_=], but in the 2013 they start to reprint in TPB the whole serie, and now I've it nearly completed :) [and yes: after 20 years I know how ended the story!]. And many others volume have been reprinted ...we are maniac of reprintig... Civil War exist in about 8 different edition! Anything "old" is printed and reprinted, periodically. At least for marvel and Dc... [but is always totally random]

Now we have about 5 comic store in my city, while when I was young... "what is a comic shop?" ...was nearly impossible follow something! Now is only difficult and expensive :)

So... at this rythm improvement... our sons will have also a good first publication :)

MachoMustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.