Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Your top 5 dislike Mutants.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

Who are your dislike Mutants. Your top 5. If you exclude rubbish mutants eg Broo.

These are the Mutant I dislike.

1) Namor, Arrogant twat, that should never join the X-Men.

2) Emma Frost, cause she X-Men worst leading lady,

3) Rachel Grey. She a Jean Grey rip-off and she very boring.

4) Rockslide, boring character.

5) Nightcrawler, nothing against Kurt. I just find him boring.

Who are your top 5 dislike Mutants.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

1. Emma Frost

2. Namor

3. Daken

4. The Cuckoos

5. Magik

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By time1

@the_stegman: We have Emma and Namor common. Why do u dislike them.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By JohnnyGat

Triage: Couldn't they have found a way to shoehorn Elixir in instead of making another "healer" mutant

Quicksilver: This is less about character more about design, for one I'm not a fan of the green and two the hairstyle nitpicky I know but what can you do I didn't list these mutants in order

Hope: She makes me miss Synch and she was basically just an excuse to bring back the Phoenix Force to earth

Scalphunter: His original costume has left a scar in my mind

Strong Guy: His name alone describes what generic archetype he encompasses

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
    Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Emequious_Swerve

In no particular order.

Deadpool- His character was fine in the late 90's when Kelly and Mcguiness wrote his book , but the writers now try to replicate that humor and its just stupid or some people call it "he comes off like Daffy Duck" his humor can also take you out of a good story. He is not original at all and he is in a sense overpowered and just plain over used these days.

Cable- When he started out he was part of the early 90s fad of "super soldiers" in comics, then they had the idea of giving him this convoluted backstory that puts hokey soap operas to shame. Then when he joined the X-Men he was just overpowered and kind of boring. The character just makes no sense, if he uses his powerful TK to keep his body together, what does he do when he sleeps?? or when he is unconscious? why does he still brandish huge guns? why does he wear shoulder pads? why is his codename Cable??

Gambit- When he fist appeared it seemed like Claremont was trying to take all Longshots physical attributes (tall, slender, wild haired, good looking) and powers (throwing stuff with accuracy and hyper agility) and mixed them with Wolverines loner persona and mysterious background.

Again, the character makes no sense. He is supposed to a master thief so you think he would have the power of walking through walls or teleporting or shadow melding even...instead he makes things blow up with bright pink energy while he marches around in the gaudiest outfit in comics. I mean, a magenta chest plate, shiny, knee high, metallic boots?? Why not?? He is just so 90's and hasn't been really interesting since then. I would have actually gave the character more of a chance if they would have followed through with him being a traitor. Instead he became stock X-Men # 504

Rachel Grey-When Claremont initially introduced her she seemed interesting, like she was seeing Days of the Future Past come to fruition all around her, Magneto joined the team Professor X was dying etc. Then they made it evidently clear she was from an alternate future, that's when she immediately became less interesting. Then while she was around all she would really do was complain that everyone she knew in her time was dead, which is a good reason to be upset, sure, but she should have been more worried about preventing it then complaining all the time. Then there was the nonsense with the Beyonder before Wolverine stabbed her and she never got her min series and was just written out abruptly. She was fine in Excalibur but whenever she runs with the X-Men she just seems like, as previously stated, a Jean Grey fill in.

Psylocke- I actually liked caucasian Betsy better. Her telepathy wasn't that powerful and she had no combat skills. It made her feel more realistic.Then they decided to turn her into Elektra with mutant powers. I have honestly never heard anyone give a good reason as to why they like her other than "she is a ninja" or "she is a hot asian chick". I don't hate the character or anything, I would say I am more indifferent than anything, I just never found "ninja Betsy" that entirely interesting

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By AgeofHurricane

These threads are getting a bit boring.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Psylocke, Rachel Grey, Dazzler, Jubilee, Wolverine. In no particular order.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@emequious_swerve: Rick Remender treated Psylocke pretty well in Uncanny X-Force (which is incidentally the first thing I ever read with her in it).

But then Humphries's Uncanny X-Force In Name Only came along and threw all the good Remender did down the crapper.

Polarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are no bad mutants, just poorly used ones.

Eclipse-32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'd pick any from the current Uncanny X-Men for 5 through 2, but number 1 is Cyclops, he's arrogant, selfish and only cares about those who might make his life a little less miserable.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@time said:

Who are your dislike Mutants. Your top 5. If you exclude rubbish mutants eg Broo.

These are the Mutant I dislike.

1) Namor, Arrogant twat, that should never join the X-Men.

2) Emma Frost, cause she X-Men worst leading lady,

3) Rachel Grey. She a Jean Grey rip-off and she very boring.

4) Rockslide, boring character.

5) Nightcrawler, nothing against Kurt. I just find him boring.

Who are your top 5 dislike Mutants.

Emma Frost, Rachel Grey, Rockslide, and especially Nightcrawler are some of the best X-men characters. And Namor's just one of the best characters period, whether you like him as an X-man or not. And I don't know why anyone wouldn't like Broo.

when I think of X-men characters I dislike, I think more of characters like

• Jean Grey, who hasn't really been interesting since the 70's and has been given special attention really only because she was one of the original members. And because she was in that one epic story (more than 30 years ago), which they retroactively wrote her out of so they could bring her back from the dead to be the most generic member of the team. I don't even dislike her so much as I think she's just plain dull.
    • Nate Grey, who is both crazy contrived and super redundant, on top of being just not interesting.
    • Joseph, for the same reasons as Nate Grey, product of a nothing story and a pointless waste of time.
    • Dazzler, who I actually do like, but have never found interesting as an X-man.

actually, I do like almost all of the rest, though it's kind of hard to compare when some characters have been written about for 30-50 years while others are much more recent or were only around very briefly.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@polarity said:

There are no bad mutants, just poorly used ones.

True story.

Except Mondo and Skin really sucked. Paige has always been annoying too. F^&king Paige.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Wolverine

Wolverine

Wolverine

Wolverine

Wolverine

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By fodigg

Caveats: 1) ANY character can be a good one if they're well written. 2) There are some characters who are entertaining precisely because they are unlikable.

That said, the following annoy me:

• Beast: Hank, your superpower is hypocrisy. "Scott, how dare you create X-Force, I shall protest by joining with Wolverine, who led and still leads X-Force. No, nevermind about my time on the Secret Avengers where I nuked a populated underground city, that's not important." At least Maria Hill gets it.
    • Hope Summers: You are basically just an amalgam of other characters and not a very entertaining one at that. You were more interesting as a powerless baby.
    • Scarlet Witch: There's a reason everything is your fault, it's because you suck and that's the only way to make you even somewhat interesting or relevant.
    • Daken: So very, very try-hard. It wasn't that great when your name was Skaar either.
    • Jean Grey: So very played out. Reinvent yourself as something interesting and stop referencing the same old storyline every time you come up. Every time they mention Jean Grey/Phoenix I hope (pun intended) that this will be the last time ever and then they'll move on to new storylines, but no. It's like the character is stuck in that moment forever.
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@fodigg said:

Caveats: 1) ANY character can be a good one if they're well written. 2) There are some characters who you are entertaining precisely because they are unlikable.

That said, the following annoy me:

• Beast: Hank, your superpower is hypocrisy. "Scott, how dare you create X-Force, I shall protest by joining with Wolverine, who led and still leads X-Force. No, nevermind about my time on the Secret Avengers where I nuked a populated underground city, that's not important." At least Maria Hill gets it.
    • Hope Summers: You are basically just an amalgam of other characters and not a very entertaining one at that. You were more interesting as a powerless baby.
    • Scarlet Witch: There's a reason everything is your fault, it's because you suck and that's the only way to make you even somewhat interesting or relevant.
    • Daken: So very, very try-hard. It wasn't that great when your name was Skaar either.
    • Jean Grey: So very played out. Reinvent yourself as something interesting and stop referencing the same old storyline every time you come up. Every time the mention Jean Grey/Phoenix I hope that this will be the last time and then they'll move on, but no. It's like the character is stuck in that moment forever.

I really like the Beast (as you say, a character can be flawed and still enjoyable), but I have to agree with this overall.

I totally forgot about Hope when I was making my list, and you hit it on the head with her.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be frank, don't you people get tired at some point of constantly b%tching and moaning about what you don't like? Why can't we be positive, and talk about what we actually like for a change.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be frank, don't you people get tired at some point of constantly b%tching and moaning about what you don't like? Why can't we be positive, and talk about what we actually like for a change.

good idea.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beast and Scarlet Witch are the two i really hate.

Then you have:

- Storm

- Quentin Quire

- Prof X

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't a thread like this up a few days ago? Well, last time I'm doing this:

Emma Frost - cruel person and shouldn't have a role as mentor at all. It's gotten to a point where anybody that hits her = a **** yeah moment
    Hope Summers - so much potential thrown out the window and is just a whiny brat
    asian Psylocke - I hate how she became a Liefeld-type female and has rarely been used well.
    Namor - really just a male Emma but at least he doesn't make other characters worse
    Scarlet Witch - She became a big baby with destructive powers and has still been kind of self-centered ever since. It's really Bendis's fault though as he gives his pet characters spotlight and makes every other Avenger worse.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By dernman

Vulcan

Rachel Grey

Fantomex

X-Man

Cypher

Madelyne Pryor

Legion

Magik

Omega Sentinel

Prodigy

Elixir

Pink Hair Psylocke (I would have just made her an adopted daughter to keep the race without a body switch)

Sage

That's just from skimming the X-Men member page. I could do much more looking at the universe.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By phisigmatau

Its a terribly sad day when heroes are more hated then villains. Great job Marvel. No altruistic, good standing morally strong characters to lead the most thankless and selfless most sacrificial team in all of comics. You get a bunch of whack jobs and anti-heroes corrupting all the good that's left in Xavier's squad. What happened to bad villians and good heroes. I hated Sinister, Protues, Zoron, Sebastian Shaw just to name a few. Powerful, twisted villians. Now we got the enemy running the team.

1) Scarlett Witch- M Day. Nuff said. She committed genocide and is being celebrated in the Avengers verse. That's the most disgusting part. ugh

2) Emma Frost- Selfish, conceited, manipulative and evil.... running a team that for decades stood against all these principles and were the exact opposite in fact. She's tasteless and shallow.

3) Hope Summers - Oh no... another overly emo reluctant hero. (sigh) Annoying, short sighted. No business being a prominent member of the team.

4) Dead pool. I wish he was just his first name. Unfunny pourly executed anti-hero that is everything wrong with what fanboys like. It's like witness Tobey Mcguire try to perform RDJ's Iron man. Just bad. Every panel I cringe at the failed humor attempts and the recycled "bad guy gone anti-hero" loser. Oh and he gets wwaaaaaaaaay to much attention.

5). Wolverine- Over saturated. lame. selfish. Renegade with no concept of team but he's the leader of a team that represents everything he's never been? Ridiculous. Oh and his regeneration has grown absolutely ludicrous. Not to mention how Marvel makes him weak enough to get taken out by Spider-man but a decent threat to Thor and Hulk. I mean really? get this scrub out of here.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I think if we talk about about postive things all the time. Then posts will be boring. There be no debates

Is there any mutants u dislike.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That one guy who only speaks languages and does literally nothing else

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its a terribly sad day when heroes are more hated then villains. Great job Marvel. No altruistic, good standing morally strong characters to lead the most thankless and selfless most sacrificial team in all of comics. You get a bunch of whack jobs and anti-heroes corrupting all the good that's left in Xavier's squad. What happened to bad villians and good heroes. I hated Sinister, Protues, Zoron, Sebastian Shaw just to name a few. Powerful, twisted villians. Now we got the enemy running the team.

1) Scarlett Witch- M Day. Nuff said. She committed genocide and is being celebrated in the Avengers verse. That's the most disgusting part. ugh

2) Emma Frost- Selfish, conceited, manipulative and evil.... running a team that for decades stood against all these principles and were the exact opposite in fact. She's tasteless and shallow.

3) Hope Summers - Oh no... another overly emo reluctant hero. (sigh) Annoying, short sighted. No business being a prominent member of the team.

4) Dead pool. I wish he was just his first name. Unfunny pourly executed anti-hero that is everything wrong with what fanboys like. It's like witness Tobey Mcguire try to perform RDJ's Iron man. Just bad. Every panel I cringe at the failed humor attempts and the recycled "bad guy gone anti-hero" loser. Oh and he gets wwaaaaaaaaay to much attention.

5). Wolverine- Over saturated. lame. selfish. Renegade with no concept of team but he's the leader of a team that represents everything he's never been? Ridiculous. Oh and his regeneration has grown absolutely ludicrous. Not to mention how Marvel makes him weak enough to get taken out by Spider-man but a decent threat to Thor and Hulk. I mean really? get this scrub out of here.

Everything you said about Wolverine is just your opinion so I can't fault you for that, but this one makes absolutely no sense. Wolverine has tangled with the Hulk, but he's never come close to beating him. And LOL, Wolverine isn't a threat for Thor. Not even close.

Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If your passionate about something you have no problems with discussing the good and the bad. Anyone who is knowledgeable about something, whether it be comics or physics will discuss both things that enjoy and dislike about the subject.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

If your passionate about something you have no problems with discussing the good and the bad. Anyone who is knowledgeable about something, whether it be comics or physics will discuss both things that enjoy and dislike about the subject.

Yeah, but these forums are constantly clogged up with people only discussing the bad. I barely ever see anyone talking positively about anything.

Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, but these forums are constantly clogged up with people only discussing the bad. I barely ever see anyone talking positively about anything.

LOL, very true. I guess people aren't too happy with the current state of the books, which brings forth the question "why are you even reading them then?". I don't mind the negative threads sometimes because its nice to vent. I think its more fun to discuss the negatives then to discuss the positives at times.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By fodigg

@kgb725 said:

I love Doug Ramsey precisely because he has a relatively useful superpower that's totally worthless in a fight. I love the idea of walking up to Apocalypse and knowing you have to literally talk your way out of it or you're toast. Then they killed him. Then they brought him back years later and instead of being a badass normal (relatively), now his powers are basically "can do whatever he wants because LANGUAGE!" /sigh

Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

@kgb725 said:

I love Doug Ramsey precisely because he has a relatively useful superpower that's totally worthless in a fight. I love the idea of walking up to Apocalypse and knowing you have to literally talk your way out of it or you're toast. Then they killed him. Then they brought him back years later and instead of being a badass normal (relatively), now his powers are basically "can do whatever he wants because LANGUAGE!" /sigh

People tend to remember poor Doug Ramsey for only his powers. He was a very quick witted, often humorous, likeable character and when in battle, Warlock used to form a battle suit that he would climb into or Warlock would turn into a weapon the he usually wielded. He also saved the Universe in a couple of space adventures because naturally he could translate alien languages. Cypher was an awesome character...

Fuck yes Doug Ramsey

No Caption Provided

yasiiii4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By yasiiii4

Emma Frost

Emma Frost

Emma Frost

Emma Frost

Hope Summers

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phisigmatau said:

Everything you said about Wolverine is just your opinion so I can't fault you for that, but this one makes absolutely no sense. Wolverine has tangled with the Hulk, but he's never come close to beating him. And LOL, Wolverine isn't a threat for Thor. Not even close.

You are right. Logan shouldn't be a match against these guys but many times he's put up a fight. Which is ridiculously laughable. I'm not a scan hoarder, but there was a fight recently between Thor and Wolverine where Thor says in his mind "he's too fast for me"? What? The same Thor who was fast enough to tag Quicksilver? And then he punches Thor out of his seat in another panel. It's pretty sad. They over power Wolvie at times. Makes him more detestable. But I guess the fan boys love it cause they keep buying it.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phisigmatau: That isn't the first time a steet leveler has outsped Thor. Marvel seems to want to establish Thor as being a slow brawler and they use fast street levelers to get that point through. Read the context of things before you jump to conclusions.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Robert2928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emequious_swerve:I hate to be THAT guy but Deadpool isn't a mutant, he's a mutate lol I'm a Deadpool fan but you have a valid point nonetheless. Now prepare thy selves for my petty dislike list!>:D

Number 5: Beast- He's blue and I like red lol no but seriously his irrational decision to bring the past X-Men to the present was all because he made a mathematical mistake? This Battle of the Atom event? A math mistake? *sigh* You think he would check his work before experimenting on himself but whatever.

Number 4: Xorn(Jean Grey)- It was cool to see Jean Grey back (especially with the cool art style) but now there are just too many jean's running around. I mean, as of now, it wasn't even necessary for Xorn to even be Jean Grey honestly. Could have been any future telepathic mutant.

Number 3: Wolverine- Triple O. Over-hyped, Overrated and Overused. The day a cartoon called "Wolverine and the X-Men" was made I began to like the character less. After Schism even less. Current pacifist version even less.

Number 2: Scarlet Witch-Cyclops possessed by Phoenix Force killing people = crime. As far as I know Scarlet Witch "killed" some Avengers, brought the mutant race to extinction and all this over daddy issues (more or less) but she's just fine. No punishment (as far as I know). Seems legit.

Number 1: Hope summers-2 words. Teenage. Angst. Ugh! The real question is who likes her!!!XD I really didn't enjoy her in Avengers vs X-Men. Just seems like yet another Jean Grey clone.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diamondlifer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet Witch
    She decimated Mutants and my god she bitches all the time

JROCK72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

1. Angel: He is just such a boring character. He isn't powerful at all besides flying away from other people. Even his Archangel persona, he isn't a good character at all. His relationship with Husk disturbed me too.

2. Magik: She is so annoying. She is trying to be a bad girl now and it's not working for me. I liked her better when she didn't even have powers and was just a little farm girl who needed protection.

3. Justice: I don't know what his purpose is. At all.

4. Prodigy: Is he a mutant or not? He is not even an interesting character.

5. Namor: I dislike every component of Namor's character. He's obnoxious, self centered, non humorous, and over characterized. Keeping him a side character, giving him some kindness, and some humor would extremely help him become more enjoyable in my eyes.

BlackFreight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambit - His powers were somewhat interesting, but he became more of slimy of disposition as the years went by.

Maggot - He has two huge maggots that eat everything and substitute for his stomach.

Adam X the X-treme - the 90's personified; he, in his backwards cap and tattered shirt, carried double swords and would make blood boil.

Fourarm - He had four arms. That's it.

Icarus - He was so despondent, he had his own wings cut off to be human again.

Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jrock72 said:

2. Magik: She is so annoying. She is trying to be a bad girl now and it's not working for me. I liked her better when she didn't even have powers and was just a little farm girl who needed protection.

Never read the original New Mutants, hunh??

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yasiiii4 said:

Emma Frost

Emma Frost

Emma Frost

Emma Frost

Hope Summers

i was with you until the end......lol

Urban_Spaceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beast and Hope have had why I dislike them mentioned here already.

Bling!: Everything I've read of her she just comes across as boring and incompetent. I can't wait to see if M rips on her for the stupid ! in her name too.

Rogue: She's been getting the Wolverine treatment and she pissed me off in Age of X past the point of no return.

Wolverine: When well written Wolverine can be great, he is great in most of the X-Men books he's in, but god does he feel out of place and forced everywhere else, I love Havok but Wolvie and Rogue made me cut Uncanny Avengers from my shopping-list.

prinplup45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By prinplup45

Mystique, Quicksilver, Cyclops, Xavier, Azarael.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I. I can't believe people post more hero mutants than villainous mutants.

II. I know I had a second point but I totally forgot after reading other users posts.

III. The list

A.) Mr. Sinister - With a fiery passion, I cannot stand this mutate. I know he's not a mutant but people put Deadpool and he's a mutate too.

B.) Mystique - Evil, Evil, evil woman. She has made me wince so many times for all the evil things she's done, and the worse part is that she's fine ass hell.

C.) Creed - With a passion as well. This guy gets on my nerves all the time. I can't understand why anyone likes this character. It annoyed me that he was a hero in the AoAverse.

D.) Shaw - I dislike overpowered characters so I definitely dislike this cocky, pompous, coward of a man.

E.) Jean Grey - The only "hero" on my list. She annoyed me in the animated series of the 90's growing up. Her phoenix story is totally played out. I never cared for Emma until recent years but Jean... Oh jean is annoying to me. Plus I had a bad encounter with what I call, "Phoenixtopians."

IV. I feel bad for Hope and Rachel. I think Hope had a lot of potential. I would have loved to see her be taken into a different route. For Rachel, I don't think she's half bad but Marvel forgot about her or stop caring. Now she is looked as a Jean "clone."

( +)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.