Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Your 3 Favorite X-Men Star in a book...

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Koays

So lets say Post-Secret wars your 3 favorite X-Men characters star in a book together...

1) What is the book about?

2) Who is their bad guy?

3) Do you think it would succeed?

Bonus (Choose the Creative Team)

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

So lets say Post-Secret wars your 3 favorite X-Men characters star in a book together...

2) Who is their bad guy?

jean grey, rachel grey and hope summers(just for fun) oh and its in outer space, where no one sees them fix things via tp

2) new bad guy who goes after phoenix hosts

3) jean grey fans do have a pull xp

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Koays

@koays said:

2) Who is their bad guy?

jean grey, rachel grey and hope summers(just for fun) oh and its in outer space, where no one sees them fix things via tp

Lol call the book "Phoenix" and I'll buy 2 copies....

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
    @hopesummersforthefuture said:
    @koays said:

2) Who is their bad guy?

Lol call the book "Phoenix" and I'll buy 2 copies....

:)

Nightlocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

2) Who is their bad guy?

1) Psylocke, Nightcrawler & Colossus enter the Siege Perilous after their friend, Meggan, uses and seemingly fuses with the artifact. The Siege leads them to Otherworld and as Meggan's unique combination of mutant gifts draw from the emotions of our heroes to alter the very nexus of reality, the more perilous their journey becomes. Even though the trio stays connected through Psylocke's psychic rapport, they have to shake off the amnesia-like daze each time they enter a new mystical village....and to make matters worse,
    2) Mephisto has emerged from the flames of hell to torment them along the way.

3) It sounds cool to me...but who knows these days, eh?

Writer: Jeff Lemire
    Art: Jae Lee

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait....it would have to be an X-Men title for the modern day??

Wolverine Cyclops and Storm...because you know, these are all fresh and interesting characters that haven't had many stories written about them.

1) The book would be about the X-Men arguing with each other for 10 pages of actual "story" and 12 pages of adverts....and I charge 5 dollars for it.

2) Just fight the same characters over and over....you know, maybe the Sentinels or the Imperial Guard or Mr. Sinister. Or you could just compensate for a lack of a rogues gallery by having them argue and fight with each other.

3) Of course. People evidently have low standards these days.

As for the creative team....I actually can't really sardonically criticize them, the X-Men always get a pretty solid team, unless it's something like Chuck Austen, Greg Land or the Dodsons...but, those days are done.

rodrigomonsalv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine, Gambit & Jean

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@koays said:

2) Who is their bad guy?

1) It's about a family reunion and courtroom drama. It's about Jean and Beast coming together to tell Rachel that they're her real parents. They're just about to hug when Wolverine shows up with DNA tests proving that Both Beast & Wolverine are the father of Rachel, with her having both Logan's & Hank's DNA. Paternity battle ensues in court. It'll be a drama.

2) No one's a bad guy but this whole thing was caused by Jean being a Bad Girl, amirite ?

3) Hell yeah !

Bonus : Claremont, Morrisson & Bendis.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightlocke: Seems like the perfect excuse to bring back Jaime Braddock for a week.

@cattlebattle- Lol I could be wrong.... but I don't think you were serious about that post. Though to be honest, Sinister as a villain wouldn't be bad with Chuck Austen writing him...a full crazy Chuck Austen paired with Sinister seems like a match made in heaven.

@avenger85- Your gonna leave Rachel alone sir.....or there will be problems!

GreeenDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadowcat, Emma Frost and Magneto would be the main characters. (With Colossus and Cyclops put on the back burner for little scenes here and there.)

1) The book would work on burying the hatchet between Kitty and Emma (cause you know, their talk together at the end of Breakworld never really happened according to the writers when Kitty came back.)

2) The villain would be seem to be Arcade working alongside (another) new incarnation Hellfire club, set on torturing and extracting vital information from their ex-members Emma and Mags. Their plans are shaken up when Kitty inadvertently gets involved in the situation. When the Hellfire club reveals their trump card (a reality manipulating mutant) the game becomes much more dangerous.

3) I'd read it. But then again, it's my idea. I know Emma/Kitty and the Hellfire Club have gotten their share of spotlight in recent years, but I feel like there's just a bit more to be told and wrapped up. Though it's not hero vs hero and fights with fodder sentinels so who knows if the public would buy it?

GreeenDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadowcat, Emma Frost and Magneto

1) it'd be a story the Hellfire Club teaming up with Arcade and coming after their former members Emma and Magneto. Putting them in one of Arcade's games as they watch. The plans would be shaken up when Kitty inadvertently gets involved. But the club reveals their trump card, a reality warper in their ranks and the game gets deadlier than ever. It could expand on the relationship between Kitty and Emma that was completely disregarded when Kitty came back. (It was like their moment at the end of Breakworld never happened???)

2) Hellfire Club and Arcade

3) Id buy it, but it's my idea. I'm not sure how it would go with the public though since it's not just infighting among the team or endless fodder.

Nightlocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Psylocke, Wolverine and Forge

Not all mutants leave and new mutants are born every day. Betsy Braddock decides to stay and run the mutant underground. She has very powerfull telepathy and precognative flashes. Roma chooses her as the new Captain Britain. She must choose between the amulet or the sword. She chooses the sword. The group of mutants lead by Betsy call themselves X-force. Their headquaters is in the morlock tunnels the only place safe for mutants from the terrigan mists.

I love the idea of Psylocke wielding Excalibur as the new Captain Britain :)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadowcat, Emma Frost and Magneto

1) it'd be a story the Hellfire Club teaming up with Arcade and coming after their former members Emma and Magneto. Putting them in one of Arcade's games as they watch. The plans would be shaken up when Kitty inadvertently gets involved. But the club reveals their trump card, a reality warper in their ranks and the game gets deadlier than ever. It could expand on the relationship between Kitty and Emma that was completely disregarded when Kitty came back. (It was like their moment at the end of Breakworld never happened???)

2) Hellfire Club and Arcade

3) Id buy it, but it's my idea. I'm not sure how it would go with the public though since it's not just infighting among the team or endless fodder.

Not to pick at your idea, just that if they've got a reality Warper, Arcade is kinda useless.

GreeenDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Yeah but Arcade's expertise in constructing torture rooms and the like would still be helpful no? I've just been really feeling like a fun story with him in the mix so I'm not sure aha.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Yeah but Arcade's expertise in constructing torture rooms and the like would still be helpful no? I've just been really feeling like a fun story with him in the mix so I'm not sure aha.

Lol well can't argue that. Though maybe if Arcade's got access to the Reality Warper and that's how he appeals to the club. Idk, it just seems like once you've got a reality warper on your team you don't need much else.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
    deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) rachel grey, nate grey and cable.

2) the writers that decided to turn depower them and throw them throw them in the sidelines

3) yes because i would be happy

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler
    Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler

It'd be a more lighthearted book focusing on their friendship and the crazy things they get up to. I'm getting tired of all the angst and drama; I want something with comradery, fun adventures, and a character driven narrative.

Writer: Chris Yost

Artist: Ed McGuinness

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) rachel grey, nate grey and cable.

2) the writers that decided to turn depower them and throw them throw them in the sidelines

3) yes because i would be happy

*cough* Summers Family Roadtrip *cough*

@sprior93 said:

It'd be a more lighthearted book focusing on their friendship and the crazy things they get up to. I'm getting tired of all the angst and drama. I want something with comradery, fun adventures, and a character driven narrative.

creative team: Chris Yost, Ed McGuinness

Lol if you make the baby turn out to be like a baby Legion or something I'll buy that myself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: There could be a story arc where they baby sit Jubilee's kid and, naturally, everything goes wrong.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: What? Wolverine, Colossus and Nightcrawler together...the worst thing that happens is that kid grows up to be awesome. Lol idk, Wolverine sort of evolved to the point where I just don't see Ninja's randomly attacking him in Vegas as surprising anymore. In fact...nothing really could surprise me with that set up.

Wolverine wakes up drunk? figures...Baby gets confused with a Bamf? yup.... Colossus' baby mama from the Savage Land shows up?...wait...actually

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@sprior93: What? Wolverine, Colossus and Nightcrawler together...the worst thing that happens is that kid grows up to be awesome. Lol idk, Wolverine sort of evolved to the point where I just don't see Ninja's randomly attacking him in Vegas as surprising anymore. In fact...nothing really could surprise me with that set up.

Wolverine wakes up drunk? figures...Baby gets confused with a Bamf? yup.... Colossus' baby mama from the Savage Land shows up?...wait...actually

Turns out Piotr hasn't been paying child support -- cue the trip to Savage Land where babies, dinosaurs, and estranged children await!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:
    @koays said:

Turns out Piotr hasn't been paying child support -- cue the trip to Savage Land where babies, dinosaurs, and estranged children await!

I'd read that book. I'd watch Movie. I'd buy a bigger t.v. to enjoy it's full glory on Netflix.

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Monet, Chamber, and Jubilee bantering while fighting monsters, vampires, Apocalypse, and Emplate. Y'know, family.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@westfriesianman: That's not a bad story arc at all. Especially the mutant underground and Morlocks. That could make for a pretty cool cast too. Of course not as the status quo but for a few arcs it would definitely be intriguing

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@westfriesianman: Yeah that dilemna would be interesting. Of course i'd prefer to see Maximus approach the more villainous mutants like say Mystique or for god's sakes lets make Sabretooth what he's supposed to be and kill this inversion crap. This way we can stop the hero vs. hero bs all the time.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By judasnixon

So lets say Post-Secret wars your 3 favorite X-Men characters star in a book together... Doesn't matter.....

1) What is the book about? Every issue the X-Men Playing softball.... Every issue.

2) Who is their bad guy? Every other Issue a classic X-men Villain interrupts their game to fight, or play against them in softball. Who doesn't want to watch the X-Men Vs. Mr Sinister and the Marauders in a game of softball?

3) Do you think it would succeed? F*** No!

Bonus (Choose the Creative Team) Writer: Chip Zdarsky. Artist: Amy Reeder Hadley.

Pikachunicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pikachunicorn

(I don't want current canon to change at all. Especially not the school and students, so that'll change my response.)

Anyway... My favs are idiots. This is gonna be bad... Elixir, Quentin Quire and Hellion.

1) What is the book about? Three arrogant, angsty teenage boys being dumb. Nahh, I dunno. I'd love to see them rebel against JGS.

2) Who is their bad guy? ANYONE WHO HAS EVER WRONGED THEM (but probably mainly the school tbh) - Like, Josh will be all angsty because the school took everything that was ever good from him (at least, that's how he sees it), Julian will get fed up of being surrounded by people who have no idea what the New X-Men kids went through and finally actually admit to not being okay, and Quentin will just be riot-addicted Quentin and will be well up for helping them take down JGS.

3) Do you think it would succeed? Oh, c'mon. Julian will just get all feelsy and be like 'but i love this place really', then Josh will probably disappear into comic book limbo for another five years, and Quentin will roll his eyes and say something hipster before going back to whatever it is he does.

Bonus (Choose the Creative Team): Gillen, McKelvie and Wilson. Because they work so perfectly together that you can never split them, and Gillen writes teenagers so amazingly. Plus, as a Brit, I love British people in the comic industry.

*also, would be cool if QQ finally came out as bisexual, but whatever*

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@koays:

1- Magik, Angel/Archangel and Colossus

2- Magic/Mystic team of X-Men

3- Madelyn Pior or Belasco

4-Probably

Avatar image for faithandbegorrah
    FaithAndBegorrah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ohhh cool thread.

Banshee, Colossus, and Magneto.

1. Three mutants with questionable pasts. They've all been villains in one capacity or another. This is the full crew, in an underground bomb shelter they have made into a base. No more schools, no more students. While still remaining friendly with Scott and Wolverine, they no longer agree with their methods. A rogue crew in a spy thriller type book with the occasional huge throw down.

2. No permanent grudges/enemies, only those in the way of the current mission.

3. Possibly

Rick Remender & Travel Foreman

Yes I'm reviving Banshee as a non-apocalypse slave.

cajunpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By cajunpirate

A new "Heroes for Hire" in New Orleans with Gambit, Brother Voodoo, Psylocke, Hellcat, Ant-Man and Gargoyle (from the Defenders series). The headquarters is a modified fire house (think Ghostbusters), and they each have their own motorcycle, customized with weapons suiting each of them (Ant-Man and Gargoyle won't need them). I'd give Voodoo a complete make-over (including name), more in line with the comic-based on the game "Shadowman." Two couples...Gambit/Psylocke and Ant-Man/Hellcat. Wouldn't mind Johnny Blaze on the team either, even without the Ghost Rider power.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

A new "Heroes for Hire" in New Orleans with Gambit, Brother Voodoo, Psylocke, Hellcat, Ant-Man and Gargoyle (from the Defenders series). The headquarters is a modified fire house (think Ghostbusters), and they each have their own motorcycle, customized with weapons suiting each of them (Ant-Man and Gargoyle won't need them). I'd give Voodoo a complete make-over (including name), more in line with the comic-based on the game "Shadowman." Two couples...Gambit/Psylocke and Ant-Man/Hellcat. Wouldn't mind Johnny Blaze on the team either, even without the Ghost Rider power.

despite having nothing to do with the OP's guidelines, this is by far my favorite pitch here.

cajunpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I did stray from the original topic just a little bit. I did get 2 X-men in it at least.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.