xmen chronology question (noob questions v2)

#1 Posted by blah2 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Yo

I just finished watching x-men the original series (1990s cartoons) now I'm watching wolverine and x-men.

At the end of x-men the original series, professor x dies (omg wtf) then goes to live in space with Llandra (spelling?)

Are these events in chronology with x-men wolverine, or this is completely different story line? Now professor x is alive, and there's new x-men and stuff.

PS: There's a dude called "forge" in X-men and wolverine, is that the same forge from TAS?

Thanks for entertaining my questions :D

#2 Posted by xtremexfan (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at all. These are two very different interpretations of the comic books.

#3 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

better to not try to match them up, me thinks,,

#4 Posted by blah2 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I appreciate your responses ;)

Which of the two series do you think is more closely related to the comics? (I would imagine TAS is more closely related)..

#5 Posted by Roddy010 (5247 posts) - - Show Bio

@blah2: Umm not to come off rude or anything, but have you not heard of X-men:Evolution, X-men the Anime and I believe a new series is coming soon. Anyways, all of these series take place in their own respective universes with their own back stories. None are connected to the other.

#6 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

@blah2 said:

I appreciate your responses ;)

Which of the two series do you think is more closely related to the comics? (I would imagine TAS is more closely related)..

TAS is more closely related. They swapped out some roles and characters since the team lineups/roster had changed, but the Animated Series stayed pretty faithful to storylines and showed a lot of minor characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.