XBFFs

#1 Edited by Thunderscream (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems that Northstar and Dazzler have become besties lately. Got me thinkin, who are the best of best friends in the X-Men? Dazzler's also very chummy with Psylocke.  Psylocke's also very close with Beast (having died in his arms and all) and shares a psychic bond to Wolverine, who seems to be the favorite of the newbies, Kitty when she first joined and then Jubilee. Rachel and Kitty have been roomies and spent time in Europe with Excalibur together. Back in the day, Kitty was also tight with Magik, no matter what her age. 

I guess in the grand scheme, they're all good friends, but who do you think shares the strongest platonic bond?

#2 Posted by HurricanePanther (299 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm and Wolverine, mainly because they were occasional lovers and one of the most iconic members of the x-men and are extremely close but i think Second Coming was probably the breaking point of their friendship when they had their conversation (i can post scans if needed) but still their friendship IMO holds the strongest "plutonic bond"

#3 Posted by Hawkling (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Cypher and Warlock. Simply put, he was the only one that could understand warlock and they shared an identity as Douglock for a long time.

#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11734 posts) - - Show Bio
@HurricanePanther:
if they were lovers than its not a platonic bond lol but you bring up a really good point they are a dynamic duo in their own right
Wolverine and Nightcrawler 
Wolverine and Storm 
Cypher and Warlock 
Angel and Iceman 
Rogue and Iceman 

#5 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like Nightcrawler, Colossus and Storm had a kind of friendship at least in their early days that made them practically family. I know both Nightcrawler and Colossus looked up to Storm like a big sister. Storm and Jean have also had a very close friendship like sisters. There's also Cannonball and Sunspot despite differences they've had they've always got each other's backs.
#6 Posted by Backflip (2251 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm...

Angel and Iceman
Cannonball and Iceman
Rogue and Iceman
Wolverine and Nightcrawler
Kitty Pryde and Nightcrawler
Magik and Kitty Pryde
Rachel Summers and Kitty Pryde
Wolverine and Storm
 Psylocke and Rachel
Iceman and Beast (At least, in the beginning they were best buds.. not so much now)
Karma and Dani Moonstar
Cypher and Warlock
Northstar and Iceman (At least, during Austen's run.. although, that may be due to other reasons ;) )

Have I forgotten anyone?

#7 Posted by Virus_Warning (206 posts) - - Show Bio

That major one that comes to mind for me is Iceman and Cannonball (especially when they're on Rogue's team) 
Supernovas and Blinded by Light were great in that aspect
-Virus

#8 Posted by batman_is_god (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

cyclops and wolverine
#9 Posted by PumpkinBomb (493 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thunderscream said:

"who do you think shares the strongest plutonic bond? "

plu·ton·ic /plo͞oˈtänik/ Adjective

1. Relating to or denoting igneous rock formed by solidification at considerable depth beneath the earth's surface.
2. Relating to the underworld or the god Pluto. 
#10 Posted by Ashra (674 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Those listed above, plus my two personal favorites: 

- Gambit & Storm
    - Storm & Jean (when she's alive)
#11 Posted by Thunderscream (1789 posts) - - Show Bio
@PumpkinBomb: harhar.....u got me. platonic
#12 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (9013 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ashra said:
"
  • Those listed above, plus my two personal favorites: 

- Gambit & Storm
    - Storm & Jean (when she's alive)
"

Pretty much this. And Wolverine and Nightcrawler (RIP :-( ) when he was alive.
#13 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@batman_is_god said:

" cyclops and wolverine "

I agree on this. They don't always agree, but they're the first to help eachother out when needed. Obviously not in the beginning, but they've grown to be good friends, even if they remain rivals and complete opposites. 

Also; 
Cyclops and Beast (Not so much now, though, stupid Marvel)
Jean and Storm
Wolverine, Colossus and Nightcrawler

Just off the top of my head.
#14 Posted by eldestrisk (623 posts) - - Show Bio

The best ones I can think off are:

Wolverine-Nightcrawler 
Iceman-Beast
Kitty-Magik
Cypher-Warlock
Jean-Storm
Xavier-Moira

#15 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan and Kitty 
Logan and Jubilee 
Logan and X-23 
Logan and ...hmm, that's kinda weird. lol  

#16 Edited by IllyanaRasputin (1052 posts) - - Show Bio

When I think of best friends and X-men these are first I think of!

1.Wind Dancer & Wallflower (even though they're gone now :( </3)  
2.Doug and Warlock  
3.Kitty and Magik 
4.Karma and Dani 
5. Anole and Rockslide :P

#17 Posted by Jubilantlad (318 posts) - - Show Bio
@Backflip: X-23 and Hellion. 
Blindfold and Cipher. 
The Stepford Cuckoos, essentially. 
Prodigy and Cyclops (well Prodigy is his personally coffee boy). 
Blind and Onyxx (while Sidney was alive...)
#18 Posted by Ahmed Sherif (262 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Rockslide, Anole, and Loa 
2.Mercury, X-23, and Dust 
3.Pixie and Armor 
4.Ink and Greymalikin

#19 Posted by Thunderscream (1789 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ahmed Sherif: Ink and Greymalkin are tight? 
#20 Edited by papad1992 (6813 posts) - - Show Bio
@riri4life said:

" Logan and Kitty Logan and Jubilee Logan and X-23 Logan and ...hmm, that's kinda weird. lol   "

Hmmmm??? That is questioning!! What about his new one... Logan and Armor!! 

@Backflip said:
" Hmm...  Angel and Iceman Cannonball and Iceman Rogue and Iceman Wolverine and Nightcrawler Kitty Pryde and Nightcrawler Magik and Kitty Pryde Rachel Summers and Kitty Pryde Wolverine and Storm  Psylocke and Rachel Iceman and Beast (At least, in the beginning they were best buds.. not so much now) Karma and Dani Moonstar Cypher and Warlock Northstar and Iceman (At least, during Austen's run.. although, that may be due to other reasons ;) )  Have I forgotten anyone? "
Yeah, what about Moonstar and Wolfsbane!! When Rahne is in her wolf mode she always had a psychic bond to Moonstar and could communicate with Rahne when she was in that mode!! (Back in the Day!!!)
#21 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992:
I'd say call Chris Hansen from To Catch a Predator on his arse! ;D
#22 Posted by papad1992 (6813 posts) - - Show Bio
@riri4life:  HAHAHA! I swear why isn't he in jail??! G-D knows that he's been seen with every single X-girl on that island!!!
#23 Edited by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992:
Maybe that's why the island is sealed off cuz he gave everyone some lethal STD. lol
#24 Posted by papad1992 (6813 posts) - - Show Bio
@riri4life: HAHAHAHA!!
Quarantine my ass!!!  
Why do you think that Anole is the first mutant to get the virus, hunh!?!?!!??!?!? Put that in your back pocket and think about that!!!!!
#25 Edited by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992:
Dude!...Wolvie's totally livin on the DL. Didn't u know!? ;P                                           
#26 Posted by papad1992 (6813 posts) - - Show Bio
@riri4life: Crap! Hide the kids!!!  

What's disgusting about it is how he's like almost over a century old!! XP
#27 Edited by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992:
LOL

The lines between what's ok and disgusting seem to blur when ur a mutie though. ;P
#28 Posted by papad1992 (6813 posts) - - Show Bio
@riri4life:  Yeah but I thought adultery and rape was international throughout all customs and races!! LOL JK. 
#29 Edited by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992:
Hmmm...

U got me there. O_O lol...      

...But aren't mutants a diff species? ;)

#30 Posted by papad1992 (6813 posts) - - Show Bio
@riri4life: For some reason I just laughed so hard on this last one!!! Kind of surprised me! :O 

Oh and I meant species not race!
#31 Edited by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

Well in that case...CRUCIFY the dirty SOB! >;)

#32 Posted by papad1992 (6813 posts) - - Show Bio
@riri4life:  Cool. I'll grab my Adamantium coated switch blade!!! ;P
#33 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992:
LOL...Poor Wolvie. ;(
#34 Posted by papad1992 (6813 posts) - - Show Bio
@riri4life:  He had it coming!! (Eventually)
#35 Posted by crackerjack82 (2606 posts) - - Show Bio

We all know wolvie has a killer sex drive,plus most of them are over 15 and thats the legal age of conset for mutants, isnt it?  

We all know that wolvie has played for both teams, well more like 12 teams, and 3 of his own, plus 40,000 cameos.
#36 Posted by bleedingheart (427 posts) - - Show Bio

Danielle and Rahne is another. Though I don't think I've seen much of them since the affair with Elixir.

#37 Posted by Thunderscream (1789 posts) - - Show Bio
@crackerjack82 said:
   We all know that wolvie has played for both teams, well more like 12 teams, and 3 of his own, plus 40,000 cameos. "
Whoa whoa WHOA, I know the super machismo crap and tight jeans are hints in the real world, but when did you ever get that impression? (not that i'd mind)  
I know it's speculated that Daken plays in all fields.....but not his ol' papa
#38 Posted by crackerjack82 (2606 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thunderscream:

This is just a pure assumption of mine, givin his age and place he has been Like japan where he learned a version of bushido, in bushido itself it was commonplace for men to have an almost lovers relationship. japan also did not and does not have the same views of homosexuality, at one point in time it was mor prestigous to have a companion who was male, as long as he was around your level. 

Two he has been an assasin( i belive i misspelt that)  at several parts of his life, so it can be surmised that inorder for him to due his job he may of had to do things to get close enough to the target  

Three, who is to say he hasnt been curious at times or perhaps needed to be reminded why he enjoyed the love of women so much
#39 Posted by jubilee042 (1353 posts) - - Show Bio

storm and jean grey 
prof.X and magneto 
jubilee and magik 
jubilee and kitty 
rachel and kitty 
kitty and doug

#40 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

Pixie and X-23! :D

#41 Posted by geminicomplex (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say: 

Jean+Storm 
Nightcrawler+Wolvie 
Iceman+Cannonballs 
Kitty+Wolvie 
Betsy+Dazzler 
Madrox+Strong Guy 
Cypher+Warlock 
Anole+Rockslide 
M+Siryn

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.