X-Women!?!

#1 Edited by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

Can this be the book we have been dreaming of at long last. The teaser only has two letters XX and the writer is none other than Brian Wood. I have such high hopes for this and with Olivier Coipel also on the book i am sure if it is a book about the X-men then it is going to be glorious. Cross your fingers and your legs everyone...

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-now-teaser-xx-brian-wood.html
#2 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't a good thing. If it is what we think it is.

#3 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably yet another Wolverine book... Or one that involves him.

#4 Edited by PhoenixoftheTides (3450 posts) - - Show Bio

Brian Wood is also writing "Savage Wolverine", IIRC, so maybe this is an X-23-centric title.

#5 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17261 posts) - - Show Bio

x-23 dammit.

#6 Posted by jhazzroucher (15072 posts) - - Show Bio

Ororo Munroe aka Storm

Doreen Green aka Squirrel Girl

Hollow/Penance

X-23

Vampire Jubilee

Rogue

#7 Posted by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

It has been hinted that he would be writing a book with Storm as the lead again. and the with the ending of his X-men book why not restart with "Storm and X-women".

#8 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver_Raven said:

It has been hinted that he would be writing a book with Storm as the lead again. and the with the ending of his X-men book why not restart with "Storm and X-women".

That's fine.

But the teaser is "Hey we're writing women!?" That's never a good thing for character and never a good sign. It's exploitative and dangerously one dimensional.

#9 Posted by jhazzroucher (15072 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm and the X-Men. : )

#10 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio

@PhoenixoftheTides: Frank Cho is the writer for Savage Wolverine and X-23's too busy killing people in Avengers Arena. So she won't be stepping anywhere near this title.

#11 Edited by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar:

I think the teaser is in no why exploitative, it's exciting. I am also sure there is a huge section of fans, that have been expecting something like this for a while. The X-women are some of Marvel's most empowered and exceptional characters in comic but they have always been part of the male dominated groups of the X-'MEN" or the 'Brotherhood' or in a team lead by men. With the exceptions of Storm, Mystique, Emma Frost and Dani Moonstar who have all led their own respective teams, thanks to Chris Claremont's vision and portrayal of strong and powerful women, the years have not been good to the X-women who been relegated to the background or as arm candy or are lost in limbo or dead. Now, we are finally seeing an equal distribution of power and portrayals and the x-women are coming to the forefront again leading teams and being essential to the stories again. If there has already been a Sisterhood of Evil Mutants it's by time we saw an X-Women team. And with Wood and Coipel on board this is going to look and read so beautifully strong.

#12 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Wood is a favorite writer of mine and Coipel a favorite artist so regardless of the focus I'll give it a try.

#13 Posted by taqs (44 posts) - - Show Bio

This is my wishful dreaming. Apparently a character gets kicked out of the Jean Grey School in the new Uncanny X-Men Volume. on some forums is it assumed that Storm gets kicked out and that UXM takes place after Wolverine and the X-Men and All-New X-Men. Could Storm actually be the one to get "kicked" out or decide to leave the school and start UXM with Psylocke as the team leader but she also gets another new book where she creates a team of young x-women?

Its a long stretch but maybe as hinted in ANXM #4 when the Past X-Men ask who is in charge and both Storm and Logan state that its them, it eventually leads to a butting of heads and fight for leadership position? Therefor Storm elects to leave and that is why she is going through so much as stated by the UXF writer.

Thats my two cents... and possibly an over analysation of solicitations.

#14 Posted by God_Spawn (37308 posts) - - Show Bio

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

Brian Wood is also writing "Savage Wolverine", IIRC, so maybe this is an X-23-centric title.

Huh? Frank Cho is writing and doing art the on it. Not Wood.

#15 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm making a bold prediction. This book will be a buddy comedy starring X-man and Adam X.

#16 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio

YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THIS IS THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN SINCE NEVER.

*sniff* Flashbacks of Clarmont and Coipel's stint during the mid 2000s are already spinning within my head. I just can't deal with this rn. I cannot.

Continuing the speculation of the team roster, i'd like to think Pixie's confirmed mainly because he did wonders for and with her during his Adjectiveless tenure, and also stated that he wouldn't let all of that development go to waste, Storm just because he also loves writing Storm and she's not exactly leading a team atm, Jubilee because he also expressed how he wanted to write her prior to becoming X-Men's temp writer...so i suppose anyone else is up for debate.

I do so hope the three of the above make it to the roster.

#17 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

I'm making a bold prediction. This book will be a buddy comedy starring X-man and Adam X.

Take a seat.

#18 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men vol 4

#19 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Rickbarry said:

Take a seat.

Wood could make it good, man. X-man can be the straight laced lead and Adam would be the quirky loose cannon partner.

I hope the roster is as diverse as it was on X-men earlier this year.

#20 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3450 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

Huh? Frank Cho is writing and doing art the on it. Not Wood.

@AgeofHurricane said:

@PhoenixoftheTides: Frank Cho is the writer for Savage Wolverine and X-23's too busy killing people in Avengers Arena. So she won't be stepping anywhere near this title.

Ooops. I recalled incorrectly, it seemed.

#21 Posted by RawrImADragon (206 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess that answers what they were gonna do once "Adjectiveless" X-Men ends. I thought I was going to be able to finally shrink the pull list a little... nope.

#22 Posted by Veitha (2895 posts) - - Show Bio

This is cool, andmost of the X-Women are involved in other X-titles, I don't think we're gonna see Storm, Emma, Psylocke, Dazzler, Dom etc. So maybe this will focus on less known characters, and that would be very cool. Marvel has gone from not having a title focusing on a woman to have, what, five titles with a women or mostly women roster?

Or maybe this is an X-Treme X-Men reboot?

#23 Posted by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm has needed a side since the Schism but they never gave her one and though she is back in the X-fold and appearing in three X-books that we know of she doesn't lead in either of them. So this might just be the book to recapture the Storm of the past who took over leadership of the X-men with just a Mohawk and some smooth moves. This maybe her return to that role and with some younger X-women under her wing. I know i would appreciate a mentor like Storm and there are few characters i could think of that could use her guidance and support.

I would love to see Rachel, Frenzy, Magma, Stacy X, Husk and/or Jubilee in this book. They don't really have book or team right now and they are diverse group of women that could make for complex and fun stories. I just wonder what could be the reason they get together?

#24 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@taqs said:

This is my wishful dreaming. Apparently a character gets kicked out of the Jean Grey School in the new Uncanny X-Men Volume. on some forums is it assumed that Storm gets kicked out and that UXM takes place after Wolverine and the X-Men and All-New X-Men. Could Storm actually be the one to get "kicked" out or decide to leave the school and start UXM with Psylocke as the team leader but she also gets another new book where she creates a team of young x-women?

Its a long stretch but maybe as hinted in ANXM #4 when the Past X-Men ask who is in charge and both Storm and Logan state that its them, it eventually leads to a butting of heads and fight for leadership position? Therefor Storm elects to leave and that is why she is going through so much as stated by the UXF writer.

Thats my two cents... and possibly an over analysation of solicitations.

Ummm... Husk left... could be her!! She seemed pretty pissed off about it too!!

#25 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on what everyone is saying -- Storm? I would love it but I am hesitant to think so. Her taking some young mutants under her wing would be great.

#26 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

Based on what everyone is saying -- Storm? I would love it but I am hesitant to think so. Her taking some young mutants under her wing would be great.

Likewise. She is already staring in UXF and has a role in All New X-Men, Legacy, and WATX even if it is just as an iconic X-Man. Still Wood received very positive feedback for his Storm and Pixie and said he wanted to tackle the characters again at some point if I recall correctly.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.