Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Treme X-Men (Vol. 2) Discussion Thread

Prodigy P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Prodigy P

Hey guys, I was wondering who else was reading X-Treme. I've noticed a general lack of talk about the series here on the Vine, so here's the thread for celebrating this title! Feel free to post your rants, raves, expectations and speculations concerning it.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By theTimeStreamer

i am enjoying it very much. never read the previous title but from what i heard it was really bad and not like this one. i really like the exiles vibe from this one. the characters are interesting (yes wolverine again, so what? he's interesting), the art beautiful, story great, especially love the alternate versions of well known characters. my only grippe is that dazzler seems a bit overpowered at times. it's a good and inventive use of her powers but still. but it's a small thing. all in all i enjoy it and hope it reaches at least 50 issues.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Yeah, this is really one of the best X-Titles out right now, thank goodness for the time being it doesn't need to tie-in whatsoever with the f*ckery that is Bendis' All Old X-Men.

At first when this came out, didn't exactly find the premise appealing, considering that it was more of an Exiles title as opposed to a continuation of Storm's former X-Treme team but i bestowed more than enough faith in Pak after that 'Exalted' arc in Astonishing which was amazing. First couple of issues were a little slow and i even had to stop at the last part of that Western Showdown thingy, but the Kurt arc followed by the revival of -

It's one of the absolute bests. A writer who knows his craft and is actually giving (most of) the X-Fans what they want.

I'm just hoping with her return, they actually make it publicized after X-Termination, like bringing her back to the 616 so she can join Psylocke and Storm's X-Force or some ish' like that.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@theTimeStreamer said:

i am enjoying it very much. never read the previous title but from what i heard it was really bad and not like this one. i really like the exiles vibe from this one. the characters are interesting (yes wolverine again, so what? he's interesting), the art beautiful, story great, especially love the alternate versions of well known characters. my only grippe is that dazzler seems a bit overpowered at times. it's a good and inventive use of her powers but still. but it's a small thing. all in all i enjoy it and hope it reaches at least 50 issues.

You heard wrong.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@AgeofHurricane: read your previous post about storm leading the previous book. i heard right.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@theTimeStreamer: *Sigh*

You will never change.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@AgeofHurricane: i am sorry i really am, but i cant see a book in which storm is the leading character or leading a team be good. maybe a mini might be passable. but current storm is not the monalisa you glorify from the past. that is why im dreading the new x-force book. plus she's such a big hypocrite.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@theTimeStreamer: Do not derail this thread please.

Thanks.

Prodigy P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Prodigy P

My personal take:

Rants

• The art in Issues 6 and 7. The pencils jump between artists for no discernible reason, which I find quite unsettling. Plus, I'm not a fan of that Valdes' style.
    • Arcs are too short. I think they can achieve a lot more if the arcs are made to last longer than 2 issues. Sometimes it feels like the stories arrive at a climax too quickly (the Western storyline is a good example of this).
    • Not enough character development. So far we only know a little of Kurt and Howlett's respective characters, save the limited info we've been given by stories. I partially blame two-issue arcs for this as well, since character time also needs to be given to inhabitants of the worlds they visit.

Raves

• General Howlett. Recent handling of regular Wolverine has completely turned me off the character, but the presentation of this alternate version redeems him. Yes, he's still gruff, but from what we know of him he used to rule Canada. This one is civilised, unlike 616 Wolverine. Not to mention he has a different sexual orientation. I think he sets a good standard for alternate universe versions of familiar characters.
    • Alternate Cyclops. I was wondering when we would eventually get one of these, but a rather interesting-looking Cyclops just surfaced. I recently developed an interest in Summers, so I am excited to see what this one brings to the table.

Expectations

• Make arcs longer. I would love to see Dazzler and co. face less simple threats, and longer arcs can actually focus on specific characters enough for us to see what makes them tick.
    • We need a bigger team, dammit! If we're reading a series about universe-hopping, I don't see how a team of four is going to keep it interesting when we get to meet so many alternates of so many characters we can choose from. Plus, more mouths makes more varied dialogue and a more interesting team dynamic.
    • Awesomeness (this one I'm almost completely sure is guaranteed). This series has been good so far, and with all the seeds Greg Pak has planted so far, it certainly has great potential. I look forward to seeing more of the interesting worlds and characters.
    Rabidwolfdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Rabidwolfdog

I'm reading it , I was watching one of TonyGs reviews and hes said" hey if you like the Exiles, your gunna like this book" he was right! :)

I tweeted Greg pack to see if he was going to add more team people, he kinda hinted yes. I'm hoping for a heavy hitter but instead he show'ed me this- so if you know who that is.... cool

No Caption Provided
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By papad1992

@AgeofHurricane said:

Yeah, this is really one of the best X-Titles out right now, thank goodness for the time being it doesn't need to tie-in whatsoever with the f*ckery that is Bendis' All Old X-Men.

At first when this came out, didn't exactly find the premise appealing, considering that it was more of an Exiles title as opposed to a continuation of Storm's former X-Treme team but i bestowed more than enough faith in Pak after that 'Exalted' arc in Astonishing which was amazing. First couple of issues were a little slow and i even had to stop at the last part of that Western Showdown thingy, but the Kurt arc followed by the revival of -

It's one of the absolute bests. A writer who knows his craft and is actually giving (most of) the X-Fans what they want.

I'm just hoping with her return, they actually make it publicized after X-Termination, like bringing her back to the 616 so she can join Psylocke and Storm's X-Force or some ish' like that.

I'm in FULL agreement with your post!! Sage has always been one of my favorite characters but when she joined the Exiles, that when I got disappointed, especially when she eventually became MIA!!

When Sage reappeared and I heard about the X-Termination cross-over between Age of Apocalypse, X-Treme X-Men, and Astonishing X-Men with AoA Nightcrawler I am so hoping that Sage will rejoin the X-Men or an X-Team in the 616! It's a minor thing but something fans will be sooo happy with!

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By charlieboy

I love X-treme X-men! It is one of the books I look most forward to every month. I am big Dazzler fan so I love it!@theTimeStreamer: And actually the first series was fantastic. Great story and great art. Storm was the leader of the team but the story didn't only revolve around her.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#13  Edited By x_29

This is perhaps the worst X-book as of now.

Prodigy P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Prodigy P

@AgeofHurricane said:

You mean this is 616 Sage????? I wasn't sure at first :O

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Prodigy P: Yu'huh :D.

Prior to her appearance, Pak said on a Twitter that he'd be adding a 616 character to the team, and then went on to ask fans what their fave Sage arcs were in conjunction with trying to make the question look as if he was asking out of pure curiosity (which he wasn't), and voila. Here she is.

Prodigy P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Prodigy P

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Prodigy P: Yu'huh :D.

Prior to her appearance, Pak said on a Twitter that he'd be adding a 616 character to the team, and then went on to ask fans what their fave Sage arcs were in conjunction with trying to make the question look as if he was asking out of pure curiosity (which he wasn't), and voila. Here she is.

Awesome. It's good to finally have her back.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Blood1991

@theTimeStreamer said:

@AgeofHurricane: i am sorry i really am, but i cant see a book in which storm is the leading character or leading a team be good. maybe a mini might be passable. but current storm is not the monalisa you glorify from the past. that is why im dreading the new x-force book. plus she's such a big hypocrite.

A Wolverine fan calling Storm a hypocrite is the funniest thing I have ever heard. I get not liking Storm. We all like different characters, like I don't like Wolverine. I don't bring it up every time he is mentioned or go to his forum ranting about how terrible he is.

I agree she isn't the character she was, in my opinion none of the Uncanny line up are as great as they used to be, but I always hold out for things to get better, because I generally like most X-Men.

As for Xtreme X-Men. I am really enjoying the title. Sage is back "a favorite of mine" Dazzler is very underutilized so I think she was long overdue some time to shine, and I like my Nightcrawler not to release sharks into villains stomachs.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@Blood1991: i am a fan of multiple characters. you bringing up wolverine is irrelevant and kind of shows your pettiness. and this is not a storm forum.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Blood1991

@theTimeStreamer said:

@Blood1991: i am a fan of multiple characters. you bringing up wolverine is irrelevant and kind of shows your pettiness. and this is not a storm forum.

I am a fan of many characters as well and if I came off as petty I didn't mean too. I am just stating that you have made your dislike of the character clear in ways that are not necessary.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Pak just keeps on getting better and better tbh.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By John Valentine

Issue eight was solid. One of my favourite reads this week.

Prodigy P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Prodigy P

@John Valentine said:

Definitely agree; the story seems to be picking up now that all the essential components have been assembled. I can't wait to see how the interaction between the Dazzlers plays out.

Also, Wolverine and Hercules meeting was something of a surprise.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By John Valentine

@Prodigy P said:

@John Valentine said:

Definitely agree; the story seems to be picking up now that all the essential components have been assembled. I can't wait to see how the interaction between the Dazzlers plays out.

Also, Wolverine and Hercules meeting was something of a surprise.

I love alternate reality titles/stories. X-Treme is filling that niche for me quite nicely.

I like Alt. Zombie Dimension Dazzler.

Yeah, an interesting take on Wolverine!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.