Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-men's Apocalypse uniforms are black again...

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

So apparently Jean, Cyclops, Mystique, Beast, Nightcrawler. and Quicksilver are in black uniforms. ughhhh.... Is anyone else disappointed? I wanted some colors that reminded me of the 80s or 90s costumes. C'mon it's the 80s-- Not 2025.

P.S.
    I am soo over Jenifer Lawrence and Mystique in these movies.... Give.it.a.rest. Nobody cares about her and Beast's secret love for one another. I hope Nightcrawler isn't Beast's son. They need to make Destiny Nightcrawler's mom and Mystique the Dad.

No Caption Provided
    McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

So apparently Jean, Cyclops, Mystique, Beast, Nightcrawler. and Quicksilver are in black uniforms. ughhhh.... Is anyone else disappointed? I wanted some colors that reminded me of the 80s or 90s costumes. C'mon it's the 80s-- Not 2025.

P.S.

I am soo over Jenifer Lawrence and Mystique in these movies.... Give.it.a.rest. Nobody cares about her and Beast's secret love for one another. I hope Nightcrawler isn't Beast's son. They need to make Destiny Nightcrawler's mom and Mystique the Dad.

No Caption Provided

going with the idea Marvel wouldn't let claremont do interesting. Still Nightcrawler only looks a few years younger then her so i doubt it will be that, at best he will be azazel's son. And yes I was hoping for some color like with First class but if its suppose to be the same time line as the original trilogy the all black makes some sense (but then the inclusion of nightcrawler makes no sense, since they didn't find him in the original trilogy til X2 but yea lol)

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

I am soo over Jenifer Lawrence and Mystique in these movies.... Give.it.a.rest. Nobody cares about her and Beast's secret love for one another.

I care.

well, I think the way they've intertwined the characters' stories (Magneto/Xavier/Mystique/Beast) is pretty interesting.

It's makes each of them a little more interesting, especially Mystique and Beast, and it makes them as a group a lot more interesting than the original X-men from the comics.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The black uniforms are not a problem for me. Its just not that big a deal and makes things semm a bit more grounded. I think the Mystique-Destiny thing should just be left alone. We don't need to make things more ridiculous or what could be seen as weird at this point. Mystique and Beast is not that big a deal for me either. It seems like Mystique's character is being somewhat based on Amelia Voght in some aspects. I happen to love Mystique as character, I just don't like how inconsistently she is written. Her and Beast being conflicted about their mutations and appearances is great drama actually. And who can really argue with taking some of the focus away from Wolverine all the time?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By adamTRMM

I'm more bothered with Psylocke's ridiculous outfit, and with whoever considers it some messianic sign for comic book movies. If it's bad even for comics, you should've known better.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the Costumes...

I don't really care. Really i'm sick an tired of everyone trying to decide what the proper balance between "sensational iconic costume" and "Practical/tactical outfit" is for a comic movie/tv show.

My only complaint is that they don't standout as much as they could from eachother, but it's the team as kids...so they need to graduate into unique outfits.

On the character dynamics-

I'm cool with it. I'll admit that Beast in DoFP underwhelmed, but i'm glad that the older characters, who traditionally tend to be the driving force for most of the conflicts, are getting a fleshed out and complex history that plays out before the real team shows up. It also adds depth for them to have a conflict on top of the interactions between the students and what we presume will be the villain factions for this and future movies. It really adds a layer of depth and creativity and opens the door for interactions and intricacies that we want if the movies are to continue for a long while after this.

imfxlix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm good with the costumes/concepts! If they are looking to merge the Apocalypse timeline and some future movies, I don't think it's viable for them to go crazy on the 80's visuals. As much as I'd like to see long hair Scott, it would be weird for a lot of people who haven't read the comics.

As for the Mystique/Beast dynamic, I have to be with @poisonfleur, but nuance it a little bit. I understand that Jennifer Lawrence is a huge publicity boost for the movies, so Mystique need to have a big part. I don't dislike her character but I have the feeling that in the previous movies, she was dragging the dynamic down. So I look forward to what they're going to do with her character in the "new timeline", because, as I said, I like her character very much, and I think she has a lot of potential for the next movie(s). It's pretty much the same for Beast. I love Beast as a character, but the older, more mature one. But again, I think it was interesting to see a young, more flawed Beast. I just think that now he has to grow up. I want to see the badass genius that Beast really is, and not the shy little guy going through puberty anymore.

Alias99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: I'm personally pretty excited that they are putting her in her iconic ninja suit. Will need to see how it looks on the big screen ... but I think it will be cool.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kfabz-23

Bryan Singer hinted coloured uniforms. I don't think that's their final suits I mean just look at Cyclops glasses. Official artwork of Cyclops battling Storm shows him wearing a blue suit.

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@adamtrmm: Agreed. Iconic or not, they could have chosen a number of Psylocke looks. If this is the 80's they could have went for the outback or a mix of pink and modern looks. They could have given her something new. But no, we get the silly Jim lee thing.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

P.S.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

do you expect uniforms from the cartoons or from the 90's ? its 2015 dude where they are wearing realistic uni's instead of making those unrealistic fruity costume's from 20 years ago

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: WHHHHHATTTT--!? ARE YOU HIGH? You must have hated all the Marvel Universe Movies then... The Horsemen costumes are some of the best costumes in all the X-men films. #MohawkStorm

@mcklayn: Don't forget, Mystique doesn't age. And it's been almost 20 years since X:FC

@kfabz-23 said:

Bryan Singer hinted coloured uniforms. I don't think that's their final suits I mean just look at Cyclops glasses. Official artwork of Cyclops battling Storm shows him wearing a blue suit.

THANK YOU-- I forgot about that!!^^ And least the original x-films had subtle differences in colors in their uniforms. These suits are literally the same outfit... Give them a hint of individuality. -Sigh- I LOVEEEEEEEEEE apocolypse's horsemen's outfits. They are a nice twist on the iconic over-the-top outfits of the comics. So glad they got Storm and Psylocke right in this one! :D

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I wish the costumes had yellow on them so they would be reminiscent of the X-men's classic training costumes

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: Since you want attention, I will humor you.

As much as I like the 90s costumes, you do realize IT IS possible to find a medium that isn't as extreme as matching black military suits or Neon Jem and holograms superhero- looking costumes, right? I hope you aren't that dense and are just seeking attention in the forums.. I dunno... maybe you missed the last decade of Marvel Cinematic universe costumes or something or haven't seen X-men First Class... But Heyyy-- That's why we have people on the internet to remind you :D

Have a great day, Felicia!

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm fine with them, I do wish each character had a slightly different look to give them more individuality, but I'm fine with them. Besides, the X-MEN uniforms are kind of hard to adapt to live action without them looking stupid (sorry but it's true). If they eve try to use costumes from the comics, just go with the Ultimate X-MEN uniforms sense those could actually be adapted into live action pretty easily.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alias99:

Iconic... That word doesn't have the same effect on me. I love challenges and changes. :p

@tazirai:

Her Marvel Now costume was actually pretty decent I'd say. Could've been great on screen too.

@poisonfleur:

I didn't hate them but I did find that excuse for "old-fashioned" pretty bad and CA's outfit one of the worst parts in Avengers movie that I admit I like in general. I do realize that there are all kinds of "freaks" in this world, but I'm one of those who could've guessed that open combat in thongs would be not the brightest idea.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh.. All I am saying is these are, hands down, the worst team outfits out of all the films. I do however love the horsemen and the X-men's civilian clothes.

Ginny_Osha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Too many blue mutants. This is such a bland cast of characters tbh. I obviously love comics, but the heart of superhero movies haven't really progressed in the way that the comics have.

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ginny_osha: what do you have against blue people? , you racist

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.