Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

x-men24: burning world 2: Review

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm supposed to rate these from 1-10, 10 being the highest

Pencils , Ink and Colors : -1/10 . Still heartbroken about this. How can this team exist? Bigger question is, how did the artwork(if you can call this artwork) even get approved? I remember the style being somewhat similar to jae lee's art during the golden years of x-men. This is the worse version though. really terrible.

Story: 7/10

Quite intriguing until the girls encounter alien monsters, AGAIN. Didn't they just finish fighting multicolored alien monsters? The only difference is, these monsters are in the dark. Who knows, they might be multicolored too. The writers just spiked it a bit by adding a little spice to what the monsters are. But their still monsters. So, Psylocke got bitten, she said she's infected. Will she turn into soon and be like the alien monster that bit her? There's our element of suspense.

On Character development:

The story is narrated by psylocke, which is good. Again, the powers of Rachel is quite downplayed here. I'm quite curious on why storm seem to be dependent on Rachel lately. She always calls on rachel and in this issue, wished on rachel helping her. It's quite ironic. Isn't she supposed to be more close to Betsy? I mean rachel and betsy have the same powerset, betsy is older, and i believis more closer to her. We can also see here that she is not claustrophobic anymore.

Jubes is turning out to be witty. I think she'll have a big part in solving this case. One reason I'll get the next issue is the fact that jubes might finally get some action.

If a reader is not really into art and just started reading this title, he or she would enjoy this. But to people who are into art and greatly appreciated how X-men title(all women team) started, this would make him/her cringe. Though I must admit, the story is still intriguing.

Over all Rating: 4/10

Rhino999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Rhino999

I liked the individual character voices though I dont like people comparing Rachel to Jean. Underground hivemind seems interesting.

I am pretty sure that Psylocke's infection was regular infection of open wound , which may have been accelerated by underground beings.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure any if not most of the x-men would also do what rachel did in this issue if they had the means to do what she did

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
    deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On Character development:

The story is narrated by psylocke, which is good. Again, the powers of Rachel is quite downplayed here. I'm quite curious on why storm seem to be dependent on Rachel lately. She always calls on rachel and in this issue, wished on rachel helping her. It's quite ironic. Isn't she supposed to be more close to Betsy? I mean rachel and betsy have the same powerset, betsy is older, and i believis more closer to her. We can also see here that she is not claustrophobic anymore.

As usual lol. She should have no problem dealing with all those creatures easily with her TK, neither should betsy tbh but oh well what can you do

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, i didnt see Rachel being downplayed. Clearly Storm knows she's the second strongest on the team, both psychically and telekinetically. And even the others sort of look to her as second in command.

I think you guys are forgetting that there are 3 psychics on this team and as such they need to show why each of them is different through how they use their powers. The line about Jean and Rachel taking in emotion shows alot about how even among psychics with the same power sets people still operate differently.

Also there in a cavern underground that is repeatedly stated to be dark, so i doubt any big showings of TK would be advised less they be crushed.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok help me out, it has something to do with the Kree and their are creepy crawlies running around but do we know what/who is behind this yet?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@earthsmightiest: Nope. In fact i don't even know why M. is so pissed off by it or who she is going to call. Maybe SWORD?

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

or she might get flashlights =)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

or she might get flashlights =)

SWORD has flashlights....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.