Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men Why you have so many titles?

Verstaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I recently got back into comics and holy crap X-Men, where am I supposed to start with you? When I was in middle school I mostly stuck with the Ultimate titles from Marvel so when I got back into reading comics the 1st Ultimate Collection was one of my earliest purchases. Now I love it but I've heard that Ultimate isn't on Earth 616 so while it's a great line, at least for me so far, it will do nothing to help me understand what's going on right now.

So guys, where should I start? What xmen title is a good starting point for a guy who knows the characters for the most part but thats abut it. I recently picked up the Second Coming TPB and was instantly confused with what was going on and why a certain group of mutants were in such a pickel.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and help a comic newbie. I look forward to seeing your replies and have a good one,

Verstaka

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
    deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on who your favorite X-Men are or who you want to read about. If you're gonna choose a comic based off that I would say,

Uncanny X-Men if you like Cyclops, Emma Frost, Magik or Magneto

All New X-Men if you like the Original 5 X-Men and Shadowcat

X-Men if you like Rogue, Rachel Grey/Summers, Psylocke or Monet

Amazing X-Men if you like Wolverine or Nightcrawler.

Cable and X-Force if you like Cable, Hope, Domino, Colossus, Nemesis or Forge

My personal favorites right now are Uncanny and All New.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite is Amazing X Men as it has all my favorite chatacters: Wolverine, Iceman, and Nightcrawler. Ive heard good things about All New X Men though.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By PeppeyHare

Read a summary of Avengers vs X-Men and jump into one of the marvel now! titles.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because the X-men Are Awesome

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If I had to guess, there's too many X-Men to put in one book.

I don't enjoy any of the current books. I might give Simon Spurrier's X-Force a try, but I'm not sure if I can fit it into my monthly budget.

Verstaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MN_Logan
    Amazing X-Men does have more than just those two mutants I presume right? Wolverine and Nightcrawler are among my favorites but I do like how Ultimate has a good portion of the cast and villains together under a single title. Are there any titles that do that from the early 2000's or after?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@verstaka: Amazing X-Men has Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Beast, Storm, Firestar, Iceman, and Northstar.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Uncanny and all new x men are good starts but after All New X men Battle Of the Atom the series goes kinda down IMO so I decided to jump into Amazing X men.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I'm pretty sure Avengers have more

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@jonny_anonymous: Currently there are 11 X-Men titles (8 if you don't count Wolverine's three solo titles), 8 Avengers titles, and Uncanny Avengers and A+X, which I think count as both.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@mn_logan said:

Depends on who your favorite X-Men are or who you want to read about. If you're gonna choose a comic based off that I would say,

Uncanny X-Men if you like Cyclops, Emma Frost, Magik or Magneto

All New X-Men if you like the Original 5 X-Men and Shadowcat

X-Men if you like Rogue, RachelGrey/Summers, Psylocke or Monet or Storm orJubilee or Bling

Amazing X-Men if you like Wolverine or Nightcrawler -or Storm, Northstar, Iceman, Firestar, or Beast?

Cable and X-Force if you like Cable, Hope, Domino, Colossus, Nemesis or Forge

My personal favorites right now are Uncanny and All New.

I'm really intoX-Men(vol.4), Uncanny X-Men(vol.3), and Amazing X-Men right now, so I had to fix those, sorry.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

@jonny_anonymous: Currently there are 11 X-Men titles (8 if you don't count Wolverine's three solo titles), 8 Avengers titles, and Uncanny Avengers and A+X, which I think count as both.

I love Uncanny Avengers, but I don't think of it as an X-men book at all.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

I love that, that there are more x-men books then avengers no matter how disney tries to promote avengers more because they dont have the rights to the x-men movies. Shame on you disney/marvel.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler said:

@xwraith said:

I love that, that there are more x-men books then avengers no matter how disney tries to promote avengers more because they dont have the rights to the x-men movies. Shame on you disney/marvel.

Only if you count Wolverine's books as X-men books (and not as Avengers books?) and/or count Uncanny Avengers as an X-men book (which it isn't really).

Verstaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for all the recommendations guys. I think I will have to give Uncanny a go after I'm done with Second Coming.

One final question. New Avengers got their start in 2005 give or take right? What X-Men titles would you guys recommend that are from around that time? This would b prior to the House of M event.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@verstaka said:

Thanks for all the recommendations guys. I think I will have to give Uncanny a go after I'm done with Second Coming.

One final question. New Avengers got their start in 2005 give or take right? What X-Men titles would you guys recommend that are from around that time? This would b prior to the House of M event.

New Avengers started in 2005, yeah. And Whedon and Cassaday's Astonishing X-Men started in 2004, and I would highly recommend reading all four trades of that.

House of M was ostensibly a crossover between those two (check the covers), though the only X-men who play major roles are Emma, Xavier, Magneto, and Wolverine (who was also on the New Avengers, and is decently used as the main crossover character). It's definitely more of an Avengers story, really, but it ultimately effects the X-men more.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.