X-Men TV Show

#1 Edited by jojo111 (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I in the minority who want wolverine and the xmen, or a show similar to it to come back/be made? I almost died when I saw Magiks and colossus' characters were revealed for season 2 and then the show got cancelled. I would LOVE to see Wolverine and The Xmen come back with a season 2 age of apocalypse, but I would also enjoy it for them to make another with a more balanced storytelling expereince, although, despite it being called wolverine and the xmen, they did introduce emma frost as a major character and provided some pretty awesome episodes starring night crawler and the scarlet witch? What would you like to see happen? And if your dream Xmen show came out, what would it be like and what characters and stories would be told?

#2 Edited by judasnixon (6586 posts) - - Show Bio

Man this tough. I would love if they did a Joss Whedon X-Men with Kitty, Cat Beast, Wolverine, Colossus, Scott, and Emma get a real animated show and not that motion comic crap, but I realise you can't drag that story line out pass one season, and seeing that they are having a full riot as we speak over there on the Young Justice forums. It's probably a dumb idea.....

#3 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a good line up. I wouldn't mind seeing a show staring the original five. It would make sense too considering the popularity of ANXM right now regardless of whether you like it or not you're probably talking about it.

#4 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

Man this tough. I would love if they did a Joss Whedon X-Men with Kitty, Cat Beast, Wolverine, Colossus, Scott, and Emma get a real animated show and not that motion comic crap, but I realise you can't drag that story line out pass one season, and seeing that they are having a full riot as we speak over there on the Young Justice forums. It's probably a dumb idea.....

I'm for an arc with this team, but I want a more full line up including Storm, Rogue, Gambit, Nightcrawler, and Jean with guest appearances by Psylocke, Banshee, Havok and others. I would prefer we have a main cast and have branch characters to star in stories that they were a big part of.

#5 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@judasnixon said:

I'm for an arc with this team, but I want a more full line up including Storm, Rogue, Gambit, Nightcrawler, and Jean with guest appearances by Psylocke, Banshee, Havok and others. I would prefer we have a main cast and have branch characters to star in stories that they were a big part of.

I agree! I want the Astonishing X-Men cast too, but I also want other X-Men like Storm, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Rogue and Gambit to show up in this show too!

#6 Edited by judasnixon (6586 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of want a different take on the animated X-Men. I would love to see a cartoon based on Yost and kyle's New X-Men. The show would focus on the younger X-men like Pixies, Hellion, X-23, Dust, Rockslide, Surge, Elixir, The Cuckoos, and so on. Maybe a small cameo here and there with the classic X-Men in a class room teacher role. There will be one whole episode of The New X-Man just playing baseball. Just keep that weird anime crap away from my show. I don't want New X-Men in any way look like Teen Titians or Ultimate Spider-Man.......

#7 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

I kind of want a different take on the animated X-Men. I would love to see a cartoon based on Yost and kyle's New X-Men. The show would focus on the younger X-men like Pixies, Hellion, X-23, Dust, Rockslide, Surge, Elixir, The Cuckoos, and so on. Maybe a small cameo here and there with the classic X-Men in a class room teacher role. There will be one whole episode of The New X-Man just play baseball. Just keep that weird anime crap away from my show. I don't want New X-Men in any way look like Teen Titians or Ultimate Spider-Man.......

It definitely would be nice to have a TV series on the New X-Men for once. It would probably be like X-Men Evolution, except with the newer students and not the older X-Men as teenagers.

#8 Posted by cattlebattle (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

They don't have the production values to make a good one...TV shows do seem to be getting more cinematic, probably within the next 50 years we can get a decent X-Men TV show. 

They should just modernize the events of Giant Size X-men and onwards, with the usual cast....they don't have to follow the comics exactly, but I like things to have a starting point. Every single X-men show just drops you in the middle of everything except maybe X-Men Evolution.

#9 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
X-Factor

I would love to see an X-Factor show featuring Jamie, Theresa, Guido, Lorna, Longshot, Monet, Layla, Rictor, Shatterstar, Rahne and Pip.

#10 Edited by judasnixon (6586 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC: I can get behind that idea. X-Factor would make an awesome TV Show. A Sci Fi Mystery Noir Comedy.....
#11 Posted by judasnixon (6586 posts) - - Show Bio

This would never ever happen in a million years, but hey we all can dream can't we........

Uncanny X-Force the Animated series 
#12 Edited by Vaccine (277 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always wondered whether a X-Men live action TV series is possible. Sure, it's tough to pull off and the budget for such a series would be off the roof.

However, I would watch the crap outta this show if it does so happen to get the green light on production. :)

#13 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaccine said:

I've always wondered whether a X-Men live action TV series is possible. Sure, it's tough to pull off and the budget for such a series would be off the roof.

However, I would watch the crap outta this show if it does so happen to get the green light on production. :)

I've wondered about a live action X-Men series too! Maybe it would be similar to "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" as in having an action comedy based show.

#14 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

I kind of want a different take on the animated X-Men. I would love to see a cartoon based on Yost and kyle's New X-Men. The show would focus on the younger X-men like Pixies, Hellion, X-23, Dust, Rockslide, Surge, Elixir, The Cuckoos, and so on. Maybe a small cameo here and there with the classic X-Men in a class room teacher role. There will be one whole episode of The New X-Man just playing baseball. Just keep that weird anime crap away from my show. I don't want New X-Men in any way look like Teen Titians or Ultimate Spider-Man.......

Definitely a fan of this idea. I would be up for it! I mean i do love the original X-Men but it's always the same thing over and over again. So it would be nice to see a new cast and loved Yost's New X-Men.

#15 Posted by Lightburst (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: For some reason I can see an X-force Animated show before I can an X factor or New X-Men and I would DIE for a Kyle/Yost Animated show.

#16 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

I would do anything for an X-Men TV series right now! Just so I can take a break from the comics for awhile...

#17 Posted by MadamFireblade (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog:

It could be a sequel to Evolution, set like 10 years in the future, and some characters from Evolution can be teachers.

#18 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadamFireblade said:

@Rabbitearsblog:

It could be a sequel to Evolution, set like 10 years in the future, and some characters from Evolution can be teachers.

I would definitely like to see that!

#19 Posted by HAWK2916 (1765 posts) - - Show Bio

I want an xmen tv show. In fact i want a couple of them. I'd make it an hour. Fox has sunday all locked up with animation so it shouldn't be hard to do. Maybe even HBo or somebody could come onboard for it. Im not sure where to start it though but I definitely want newer stories since back in the 90's the covered Days of Future Past and Present. Maybe the New Xmen:E is for extinction, Joss Whedon's run on up to House of M and keep it going. maybe we could do flashbacks/origin stories for some of the older stuff as well

#20 Posted by poisonfleur (3043 posts) - - Show Bio

These are the X-men I want to see! It would be great to see them animated like this~ :D

#21 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

I wouldn't care if it was only one season if they could actually do this run some justice.

And they could pick it up in the second season with characters like Armor, Blindfold, Elixer and the Cuckoos having already been introduced from this arc to set up stories with some of the younger characters brought to the forefront, That could be cool..

#22 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

These are the X-men I want to see! It would be great to see them animated like this~ :D

Wow... most of these characters now are either MIA or bestowed the honor of being a background character!!

#23 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

I kind of want a different take on the animated X-Men. I would love to see a cartoon based on Yost and kyle's New X-Men. The show would focus on the younger X-men like Pixies, Hellion, X-23, Dust, Rockslide, Surge, Elixir, The Cuckoos, and so on. Maybe a small cameo here and there with the classic X-Men in a class room teacher role. There will be one whole episode of The New X-Man just playing baseball. Just keep that weird anime crap away from my show. I don't want New X-Men in any way look like Teen Titians or Ultimate Spider-Man.......

I'm with u! First an animated series, then a tv animated movie, then they would get their own book as solo team adventurers, then a feature film, then 2 video games, etc... I'd be the happiest comic geek in the world!!

#24 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3249 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

cyclops and his jet pack...lol that makes me laugh he must miss jean though because jean used to make him and others fly with her

#25 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@HAWK2916 said:

I want an xmen tv show. In fact i want a couple of them. I'd make it an hour. Fox has sunday all locked up with animation so it shouldn't be hard to do. Maybe even HBo or somebody could come onboard for it. Im not sure where to start it though but I definitely want newer stories since back in the 90's the covered Days of Future Past and Present. Maybe the New Xmen:E is for extinction, Joss Whedon's run on up to House of M and keep it going. maybe we could do flashbacks/origin stories for some of the older stuff as well

I definitely would want to see Joss Whedon's run in a TV series!

#26 Posted by poisonfleur (3043 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@poisonfleur said:

Wow... most of these characters now are either MIA or bestowed the honor of being a background character!!

I wouldn't mind as long as the focus was on Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Emma, and Beast (and they were portrayed well and done justice-- unlike the last 2 animated shows...). Everyone else can be guests or reoccurring characters.

As someone mentioned before, I would love to see Joss Whedon do an X-men cartoon. Odds of that happening are low, low, low. lol He is a very busy man.

#27 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@poisonfleur said:

I agree that the worst thing about the current X-Men comics is that fan favorite characters (like Nightcrawler) are either killed off or placed in the background. I wish all of the current X-Men books took a huge role in whatever is currently happening.

#28 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@papad1992 said:

@poisonfleur said:

I wouldn't mind as long as the focus was on Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Emma, and Beast (and they were portrayed well and done justice-- unlike the last 2 animated shows...). Everyone else can be guests or reoccurring characters.

As someone mentioned before, I would love to see Joss Whedon do an X-men cartoon. Odds of that happening are low, low, low. lol He is a very busy man.

Whomever the team consists of, I'll be happy... just as long as an X-Men Animated series comes out again, real soon!

#29 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@poisonfleur said:

@papad1992 said:

@poisonfleur said:

Whomever the team consists of, I'll be happy... just as long as an X-Men Animated series comes out again, real soon!

Me too! I really want Marvel to make another animated X-Men series too!!!

#30 Posted by judasnixon (6586 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey it worked for the Muppets.....

X-Babies
#31 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

Hey it worked for the Muppets.....
X-Babies

I definitely would like to see this!!!

#32 Posted by Oscuro (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

If my dream X men show existed it would be the lineup from the 90s cartoon with superior writing and animation. I would also add nightcrawler, archangel colossus and psylocke to the permanent team though. magneto, mr. sinister, omega red, sabretooth, mystique and apocalypse are essential villains. that's my opinion as far as cartoons go. if they were ambitious enough to try a live action show i'd like the lineup to be reduced to cyclops wolverine storm beast gambit rogue jean and prof x. i dont think they would do it unfortunately. my idea would be instead of making an individual movie a big budget television mini series could work. idk what the dollar amount for a season of a show like say supernatural or smallville or even a syfy original movie (ugh!!) take the budget of twenty epidsodes from one of the big channels of make into something like 7 to 10 well written and well acted episodes. i've seen a ton of shitty movies and tv shows in my lifetime. there seems to be a ton of people with money to waste on things that should never see the light of day (just look on netflix), so i think this could be done.

#33 Posted by RawrImADragon (206 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of want an X-Men: Evolution sequel series. There were a lot of underdeveloped characters that I would've loved to have seen utilized more in that universe they built. I know that show caught some flack, but i really liked it a lot.

#34 Posted by havoc1201 (514 posts) - - Show Bio

continue with the original 90's cartoon that was amazing and very true to the comics, have the same thing updated of course with the newer comics

#35 Posted by n25philly (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Will Marvel bringing out a new Avengers cartoon based on the movie I would but together a First class TV show. Although instead of using the movie cast I would base it on the comics instead. Start the show with it just being Xavier and Magneto and throughout the first season they recruit the original rosters of the X-Men and Brotherhood. I would use a lot of the early villains with maybe a few more modern ones as well as some guest appearances from newer X-Men. The story could build up to a big storyline at the end of the first season that would have them splitting up into the X-Men and Brotherhood and then you could start transitioning to the giant size x-men starting with season 2

#36 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

I want something not centered on Wolverine for once.

#37 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

I agree! There's just too much focus on Wolverine lately and I really want an X-Men TV series that's not focused on him.

#38 Edited by TheCasketFiller (58 posts) - - Show Bio

i agree. i would like a show not based on wolverine, i would also like a show that was based on the messiah trilogy.

it would be cool if the animation looked realistic. If anyone has watched any of Halo 4's Spartan Ops videos. Similar to that. Looks so real you forget your watching an animation.

#39 Posted by poisonfleur (3043 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

Agreed--- It amazes me how we managed to watch so many animated series without him actually stabbing someone.

& besides Wolverine has had allllll of his storylines beaten to death.

Storm, Emma, Psylocke, Rouge, Kitty and Iceman have tons of stories that have yet to be explored in the animated world. We NEVER fully gotton Lifedeath, Emma & Cyclop's affair, or Kitty phasing a bullet through the earth.

AND WHERE ARE THE ASTRAL PLANE ADVENTURES???

#40 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningbirdcake: O5 show, wunderbar. I would own the Blu Rays.

@poisonfleur: I like your choices dont care much for the art there Pixie looks to be enjoying herself a bit too much and Sam's hair line is retreating.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.