Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men Taboos

• 69 results
    Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Koays

What X-Men topics, subjects or controversies do you find to be things you'd personally rather avoid discussing in person or on forums?

or

What X-Men topics, subjects and controversies should probably be avoided at all cost?

I ask because I had moment of reading a "Cyclops: Right/Wrong/Crazy?" debate and despite having a strong opinion I just didn't have it in me to fight that battle.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think the alternate versions vs originals and the are mutants human thing should be avoided. I agree about the who was right thing.

Also and I may get a lot of push back here but I prefer to avoid the sexuality arguments. Everyone has a right to their opinions and those opinions and views should be allowed to be expressed without name calling and the taking of offense

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To me I have no problem with any discussing. It's fun and people can learn more despite if the truth hurt. I would say if people feel offensive about right or wrong or crazy or mutant or human or GBLT or for what ever reason this thread was created, then not to bother entering or discuss. This is a free country as well I'm sure here you are free to create what ever topics people like IMO. The reality thing is that every thread has their point of view just like you have in this new topic :)

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its not that I don't want to have the discussions, its just that the discussions have been had so many times and have literally taken over unrelated topics that I've kind of started to avoiding them...mostly in regards to the O5 and "Cyclopse was right/wrong/hero/villain"

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Eeshaan1685

It's a big controversy where some people believe that Cyclops is Rachel's real father, whereas we all know for a fact that Wolverine is her real biological father.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a big controversy where some people believe that Cyclops is Rachel's real father, whereas we all know for a fact that Wolverine is her real biological father, jk.

Fixed XPP

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba: hence why I used the words "personally rather avoid". And why i personally avoided adding my opinion to that debate. It wasn't a knock against you for having the argument, I've just already had that argument till my face turned blue.

@hawk2916 I'm with you on GLBT discussion. The fact is people aren't generally accepting of people who take the " politically incorrect" side of the argument and leads to less debate and more judgment on both sides

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By AwesomePerson

I know it's been discussed A LOT, but the topic of:

Who is Hope Summers?

I've read everything from: Jean Grey herself, Jean's reincarnation, another Jean clone, 616 Rachel Grey, clone of Rachel Grey and finally,

Clone of Madelyne Pryor or Madelyne Pryor herself...

Frankly, it should be a topic that should be a aided until a writer or Marvel wishes to reveal it...

I have an argument on the subject, but I think it's better if I don't share it... ;)

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

what I try to avoid? Anything regarding Storm and her feats because 1) I have a problem with wording what I'm trying to say (I'm like this in real life..........I usually stare blank faced like an idiot until I get it right). 2) This woman has a lot of off the wall feats. 3) StormAmazonPhoenix and Rybstji aka Rlaamjr/Jhazzroucher massacred her credibility and reputation of her fans, leaving all of us to wallow in the depths of despair of the "Storm fanboy" category which usually involves us thinking that she's some universe consuming entity, the be all end all for the X-men battles and it goes on.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: yeah. U said it better than I did. I dont believe in politically correct, I happen to blame the so called need for everything to be politically correct and accepted by all people for some of weakness we habe in our society today. I'd rather deal with those who are straight up so you know where they stand rather than the appeasers

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue and magneto /thread

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I was only giving my opinion that is all. Since I thought that is what you want in like I have no problem in discussing about anything wether here or in person.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: Lmao that last one actually made me feel bad for Storm fans.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@malachi_munroe: Lmao that last one actually made me feel bad for Storm fans.

Ha! that's why I don't usually go anywhere outside of her forum with anything concerning her. It's almost like "Storm fans!will be shot on sight! we've had enough of their sh*t!"............Although I highly suspect the two I mentioned were trolls.......the latter being the worst kind, an intelligent one.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Yea, I can definitely see that. But there's an absence of "I respect your view but disagree" on both sides that makes it unrealistic to discuss anything on the subject.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Koays

@shebba: Ah sorry. You came off offended.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What happen to jhazzroucher ? I haven't seen him post for awhile now.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What happen to jhazzroucher ? I haven't seen him post for awhile now.

He doesn't go outside of the Storm forum (thank god)

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HAWK2916

@koays: Agreed. Then the conversation descends into something unintelligent. Its fine to debate any subject and I definitely will but the endless debates that just deteriorate into insults that definitely wouldn't be lobbed about so haphazardly if the parties were standing face to face gets tiring and frankly not worth time to read and respond too. Therefore as you mentioned from the start somethings seem better left out of discussions

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm with you about the Cyclops being right argument. I'm sick of it. (edited to mention, sick as in talking about it, not about it being the right stance or not)

Rogue and Gambit. Rogue and Magneto. One I am done mourning over, the other I am done hurling over.

Jean vs Emma. I get sick of setting these two characters up against each other purely as a cat fight over Scott. Both these characters are beyond that and yet...

X-23 and her budding romances. I'll leave it at that.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: I can certainly agree with this

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

I'm with you about the Cyclops being right argument. I'm sick of it. (edited to mention, sick as in talking about it, not about it being the right stance or not)

Rogue and Gambit. Rogue and Magneto. One I am done mourning over, the other I am done hurling over.

Jean vs Emma. I get sick of setting these two characters up against each other purely as a cat fight over Scott. Both these characters are beyond that and yet...

i actually never get sick of that one. also bendis is making them friends now and he said watch out scott

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays do you get axis????? also why is axis 3 4.99 instead of 3.99???????

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Koays

@ms-lola: Totally agreed. Though I'm OK with Mags Rogue...I just won't usually publicize it or else be hung after a lengthy debate about ageism in relationships. Best to duck the subject completely.

@hopesummersforthefuture: Yea I get it. But I think it cost 4.99 because they know were suckers....or some legitimate reason.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@ms-lola: Totally agreed. Though I'm OK with Mags Rogue...I just won't usually publicize it or else be hung after a lengthy debate about ageism in relationships. Best to duck the subject completely.

@hopesummersforthefuture: Yea I get it. But I think it cost 4.99 because they know were suckers....or some legitimate reason.

i wonder if 6 and well of course 9 will be 4.99.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

i actually never get sick of that one. also bendis is making them friends now and he said watch out scott

That makes me more nervous since Bendis controlling well established female characters is usually not a good thing. ALIAS? Good. Or one of his own creations (Tempus)? Good. Emma? X-23? BAD. VERY, VERY BAD.

@koays said:

For me it's not ageism, haha, it's more villainism. I love Magneto, don't get me wrong, but he's done some horrible things and Rogue was there for a lot of them. The attempt at Beauty and the Beast in past story lines never grabbed me. Plus, my bias towards Gambit is as indefensible as it is gigantic. (:P)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordmordor: lol Yea I've been guilty of over throwing a thread with that myself once or twice. And maybe more with Bendis included.

I'm also gonna through Scarlet Witch out there....Just Saying her name will make someone insult her, which will bring in defenders and before you know it your arguing who was right during AvX on a thread about Psylockes leotard.

Sky_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sick of Cyclops being right argument. I'm so sick of it.

I'm sick of Jean Hot White Room.

I'm sick of who win.

I'm sick of the 05.

I'm sick of Bendis.

I'm sick of it.

I'm so sick of it.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@ms-lola said:

That makes me more nervous since Bendis controlling well established female characters is usually not a good thing. ALIAS? Good. Or one of his own creations (Tempus)? Good. Emma? X-23? BAD. VERY, VERY BAD.

true especially x-23 he made her into a whinny brat

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

@koays said:

For me it's not ageism, haha, it's more villainism. I love Magneto, don't get me wrong, but he's done some horrible things and Rogue was there for a lot of them. The attempt at Beauty and the Beast in past story lines never grabbed me. Plus, my bias towards Gambit is as indefensible as it is gigantic. (:P)

Lol so Magneto ripped the skeleton out of one of her friends, killed a clone of himself she had feelings for, and attempted to murder her on multiple occasions....doesn't everyone deserve a 2nd chance at love?

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: (sigh) Yeah, you're right. What's a little mass murder and tyranny between mutants? I've got to lighten up a little. The poor dear. (:P)

Noctum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tired of Cyclops discussion of him being right when he murder his mentor and more.

Tired of Emma vs Jean

Tired Emma vs Storm

Tired of Emma vs everyone lol

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Eeshaan1685

my favourite, taboo-less romance was Ultimate Quicksilver and Ultimate Scarlet Witch.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noctum said:

Tired of Cyclops discussion of him being right when he murder his mentor and more.

Tired of Emma vs Jean

Tired Emma vs Storm

See this is how these things start.

Though i'm with you on Emma Frost, you can't reason with the people who dislike her....and they are vocal about it.

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that's exactly how these threads derail....someone makes a statement about either Scott or Wanda, condemning them or hardcore supporting them....then the opposite side will bust out an argument about why its wrong, and suddenly we are having a completely different discussion

don't get me wrong, its sort of a good thing. Scott and Wanda are two characters who really get people talking, and usually when characters generate that much buzz it makes more people read them (either to defend or further damn them). But it just gets annoying how you completely lose what could have otherwise been an equally interesting topic

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Eeshaan1685

that's exactly how these threads derail....someone makes a statement about either Scott or Wanda, condemning them or hardcore supporting them....then the opposite side will bust out an argument about why its wrong, and suddenly we are having a completely different discussion

don't get me wrong, its sort of a good thing. Scott and Wanda are two characters who really get people talking, and usually when characters generate that much buzz it makes more people read them (either to defend or further damn them). But it just gets annoying how you completely lose what could have otherwise been an equally interesting topic

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#37  Edited By Teerack

On this site people don't understand characterization very well and it's painful to talk about.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

On this site people don't understand characterization very well and it's painful to talk about.

??????? lol

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That maybe the Avengers titles have been better than X-Men on the whole since AvX?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That maybe the Avengers titles have been better than X-Men on the whole since AvX?

so what your saying is x-men helped boost sales for the avengers?

PurePleazure4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noctum said:

Tired of Cyclops discussion of him being right when he murder his mentor, Emma Frost, and more.

Tired of Emma vs Jean

Tired Emma vs Storm

And this is in every website that I step in.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noctum said:

Tired of Cyclops discussion of him being right when he murder his mentor, Emma Frost, and more.

Tired of Emma vs Jean

Tired Emma vs Storm

especially this one

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_valentine said:

No, Hickman on Avengers has boosted sales, I'd ponder.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@john_valentine said:

No, Hickman on Avengers has boosted sales, I'd ponder.

and maybe because bendis left, lol

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fabulosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Fabulosity

@noctum said:

Tired of Emma vs Jean

Tired Emma vs Storm

Yes, all this.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By killraven4334

@avenger85 said:

@lordmordor said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Cyclops was right, people just can't accept it, so arguments start by attacking his actions, him killing xavier while dark phoenix doesn't take away from the fact that he was right about the what the phoenix was doing and right morally to defend Utopia from invasion

and you sir are right about how this keeps getting brought up

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Tohoma

Cyclops was right arguments (even though he was)

Emma vs Je

Any thread criticizing our beloved queen Storm and our king cyclops.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How could I forget the Omega level?

Its too inconsistent to argue about. The definet Omegas are Iceman and Jean Grey.

Cable and Rachel are stronger then Jean to the point of time travel but never confirmed as Omega.

Storm and Magneto's limits are mostly self imposed.

Iceman can barely use his powers.

And what the hell is an Omega telepath?

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rachel Grey's father. Hate whenever it's brought up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.