Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-men separate from 616 universe

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I apologize in advance if this thread was already made somewhere but according to this article, newsarama believes that the x-men will be in their own separate universe from the 616. Axel Alonso stated "The X-Men office is taking the opportunity of Secret Wars to build an entire new world for the characters - to create a shared universe within the X-books that's set off by a huge event/incident/surprise,". Do you guys believe that Marvel will actually do this or do you think this is a metaphor?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could be either.... But I'm leaning toward metaphor.

Then again Phoenix Egg and some if Scott's dialogue in his Avengers appearances make it seem like this could be his plan. I mean Havok is inverted, but has this "plan",for him and Scott.....maybe he's changed his mind about Planet X.

Then again its Marvel which is the house of missed opportunities. So who even knows.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will all mutants get moved, or will only the X-Men and some villains move there?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I think it makes sense

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tigerkaya

Good riddance.

Geforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a bad move. I wouldn't be too excited.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daaaaaamn, what would happen to Deadpool in that case?..

Epyon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I would enjoy it if it meant getting rid of the whole cross over events with avengers and who ever else. As far as I'm concerned they could use their own universe/planet whatever the case. Look on the bright side, the focus would be on the x-men. They might get less exposure from Marvel, but I don't think that's a bad thing at this point.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@geforce said:

This is a bad move. I wouldn't be too excited.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DaymarePrime

At this point though it really feels needed. They are not the X-men many remember (in team or action) and a chance for someone to take them to their own pocket from different times/places where they may be able to resemble the characters that made them popular could be a welcome change. No one would have died, they could remove the god/goddess/omega bs and pair down backstories, less schism and betrayal, no unnecessary affairs, swaps...it could clean up a lot of complaints. Granted it will depend on the ones chosen for the Extraordinary X-men and even more important, the creative team, but this could be a benefit. If they go the route of ANADA, well, that could end it there. Take the now future version of the O5, with Xavier and have them create a new backstory and it could really work.For me it would be alright to see the some new players and creations and not the same old same old leads in every book. They have amplified the diversity in the main line so they can leave some of the tired X out of the newness for a minute. If they are smart, they could have a designer create Tumblrific looks for all of them and get some cosplay and social media warriors behind it like Spider-gwen and Batgirl and really bring them back to attention.

Just my opinion though, in reality I doubt I buy it anyway.

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
    EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xmen MADE Marvel what it is today. So to separate these Core characters of a universe and brand is stupid...It's an Avengers World right and rightfully so it's their time to shine.

FOX vs Marvel has done nothing but frustrate and upset Fans. As it continues but this is ridiculous...So many ppl will stop reading Xmen all together....Unless somehow they salvage and make up for our mutant bein thrown away.

By the way Marvel

%%^^^ the Inhumans, What they are trying to do with them won't work...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.