Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men Run vs Run: Uncanny X-Force(Remender) vs Uncanny X-Men (Gillen)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll X-Men Run vs Run: Uncanny X-Force(Remender) vs Uncanny X-Men (Gillen) (26 votes)

Remender's Uncanny X-force 65%
    Gillen's Uncanny X-Men 35%

Match 5 in the tournament!

Match 1- Is so close but i'm calling it for X-treme X-Men over Astonishing
    Match 2- K&Y's New X-Men defeats Lobdell's Generation X pretty handily
    Match 3- Saw the New Mutants (Claremont) beat out Peter David's X-Factor
    Match 4- Appears to be a "Murder Stomp" by Morrison over Bendis' Uncanny X-Men though polls are still open

Now

Remender's Uncanny X-Force picks up following the disbanding of the previous X-Force team by Cyclops. Wolverine recruits Psylocke, Fantomex and Deadpool to join Archangel and himself as they attempt to make life safe for the small number of mutants remaining, this time without even Cyclops knowing of the teams existence. Wolverine leads his team through many dangers including Apocalypse, Deathloks, the alternate universes and even one of their own. Can X-Force survive the tasks at hand or will they destroy themselves in the process?

vs

Gillen's Uncanny X-Men picks up following the "Schism" event and the division of the X-Men into two groups. Cyclops, needing to make sure the world doesn't overlook the few remaining mutants, forms a team of the most powerful mutants remaining on Utopia, including Storm, Magneto, Emma Frost, Hope Summers, Magik, Colossus Namor and Danger, as they attempt to deal with any all major threats to the world and the few remaining members of mutant kind. Cyclops would lead the team against Mr. Sinister, Celestials, Tabula Rosa and eventually even the Avengers in his attempt to protect the future of Mutant kind.

Remender's Uncanny X-Force
    Gillen's Uncanny X-Men

so.....Which do YOU think is better?

Feel Free right your pros and cons for both titles.....ALSO any suggestions for other good runs.

• 
    Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also need a suggestion or two for good runs to finish out the first rounds

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there both good :/

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remender for me.

Before I started reading this, I didn't really give a crap about characters like Deadpool, Fantomex and Psylocke, but after reading this book it was good to see they all had a place and were written very well. The relationship between Psylocke and Archangel felt real, and was quite emotional, Deadpool wasn't overdone, I was even starting to like Fantomex somewhat. Those are the call signs of a good writer if he has the ability to make characters you don't like, likeable.

The story lines are also pretty well crafted. Good use of the AoA, and while I personally think the the "Dark Angel Saga" is kind of drawn out, It's still a good story. I tend to think Apocalypse can be kind of a useless villain despite what fans will tell you, but I think his disciples are used pretty well in the arc. Overall, the run is full of action and great character stuff all the while they travel through dimensions and fight super villains...not a whole lot more you can ask from a super hero comic.

I don't think anything substantial came from Gillens run.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Remender's current Marvel work may be subpar, but Uncanny X-Force will always be one of my favorite mutant stories.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: how about artist vs artist? Like idk, Jim Lee's X-men vs Alan Davis' Excalibur

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366: I can see that working. Especially interesting with how many X-Men artist and fill ins there have been. Plus fan loyalties will be ineffect BIG TIME.

Really though i'm looking story runs at the moment just to move on with the tournament

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think anything substantial came from Gillens run.

Well, AvX did spawn from it. And AvX Consequences could be considered the real end of the run...so it could be argued that current Uncanny X-Men and All New spawned from this....but directly from this run idk since Sinister has gone "poof"

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cattlebattle

@koays said:

Well, AvX did spawn from it. And AvX Consequences could be considered the real end of the run...so it could be argued that current Uncanny X-Men and All New spawned from this....but directly from this run idk since Sinister has gone "poof"

I have no doubts that the direction the book took after AvX was more of a decision of editorial and the Marvel higher ups. Gillen was just there. Anyone could have done it.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Koays

@koays said:

I have no doubts that the direction the book took after AvX was more of a decision of editorial and the Marvel higher ups. Gillen was just there. Anyone could have done it.

idk, is Rebel Cyclops even possible(or rather believable) without Extinction Cyclops? Storylines may have been dropped, but i think thats a bit of important characterization that can't be removed for it to make sense.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By HAWK2916

I happen to like both runs on this one. My vote goes to Remender who I happen to think is one of the en best writers out there.

Remender's Xforce was awesome with very few low points. Its too bad that the stories from that run are only continued in what is considered an Avengers book. I favor the more dark stories and Uncanny Xforce does that. In fact I feel like you get a better understanding of Apocalypse in Remender's run. Also this is the best depiction of Wolverine as a leader, not that Aaron Schism crap about kids and all. Of course I have to knock the inclusion of Fantomex. Absolutely a waste. Cable or Bishop would have been better. If I need a Frenchman type I'd go for Gambit. Weapon Omega could have fit this run as well as Magik. Deadpoool I could take or leave.

Gillen's run was largely underrated in my opinion. I also think he was railroaded by the event. I would have liked to see him doing the revolution and continuing on Uncann rather than Bendis. Gillen's Extinction team is still one of my favorite concepts and in my opinion wasn't given time to run its course. In fact I wish we could somehow get back to that concept at least with replacements for any who wouldn't be down for the ride. The best part of Gillen's run though was AVX: Consequences. And while the concept and premise was on point and much better than the pointlessness we see currently, the execution was a bit lacking. I think he did a great job with a fairly large cast. I mean a nine member team? Geez!! But his run just felt so important because it set up so much and felt like the backstory, tie up loose ends type book that can give you a good understanding of things going forward.

All that said, just in terms of concept and execution as well as character development, I have to go with Remender. In fact in my book not many could stand up to Remender by those criteria. Gillen is solid and should still be writing x-books. I'd love to see what his concepts would be for the revolutionary team now. I'm actually looking forward to his upcoming Angela series. All in all both are good books and both are enjoyable

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

idk, is Rebel Cyclops even possible(or rather believable) without Extinction Cyclops? Storylines may have been dropped, but i think thats a bit of important characterization that can't be removed for it to make sense.

What I am saying is...that I can't confirm....nor deny really, that all of that was Gillens idea. I think that those developments might have played with or without him, thus, leading me to feel like his work on that book was sort of insubstantial. Not saying its bad, just didn't really peak my interest.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump for decisive votes?

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Lol this is worst then Astonishing vs X-Treme.....by the time i type up the next match it could be tied again.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for X-Force only B-cuz they were kind of like assassins. I'm I right or confusing this?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for X-Force only B-cuz they were kind of like assassins. I'm I right or confusing this?

Yup definetly X-Force in a nutshell.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@moonlighterstone said:

Yup definetly X-Force in a nutshell.

oh ok thanks.

Snurks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UXF is my vote. The reason is cause the writers took this team to the next level, as a killing squad lol.

Avatar image for shadowofthelight
    ShadowoftheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remender's Uncanny X-force. The assassins oh how I loooove this team. I was hooked with this book.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gillen!!!

I will elaborate later.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Galerion

@snurks said:

UXF is my vote. The reason is cause the writers took this team to the next level, as a killing squad lol.

Well the killing squad thing already happened in the X-Force before

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Ahh the good, old times

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.