Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-men Run vs Run: New X-Men vs Generation X

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll X-men Run vs Run: New X-Men vs Generation X (26 votes)

New X-Men- (Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost) 77%
    Generation X- (Scott Lobdell ) 23%

2nd match in the tournament.

New X-men the fan favorite team of young mutants with attitude living with the X-men brought to us by Kyle and Yost vs Generation X the oft overlooked team of young mutants with attitude living in a school taught by Emma Frost.

Kyle and Yost New X-men Run starts at issue 20 and picks up immediately on the morning of the day that the Mutant population was unexpectedly decimated following House of M. And shows the life of a group of Students at the Xavier Institute as they deal with a world where mutants number at 200.

Generation X picks up following the Phalanx covenant and follows Jubilee as she moves to the Massachusetts Academy a school where supported by the X-men but taught and led by former X-men enemy Emma Frost and former X-man Banshee. This group of youngster must learn what it means to grow up mutant

so.....Which do YOU think is better?

Feel Free right your pros and cons for both titles

• 
    RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Who are the current mutants in each teams ?

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think New X is better. I also like the Generation x as well, but New X was my vote :)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: it's more about the stories then the teams fighting. But Gen X had-  Jubilee, Chamber, Synch, M, Husk,Skin, Mondo, Penance. 

While New X-men was- Surge, Prodigy, Hellion, X-23, Dust, Mercury, Elixir and Wither as the main cast

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@koays said:

@realitywarper: it's more about the stories then the teams fighting. But Gen X had- Jubilee, Chamber, Synch, M, Husk,Skin, Mondo, Penance.

While New X-men was- Surge, Prodigy, Hellion, X-23, Dust, Mercury, Elixir and Wither as the main cast

I go with the new x-mens. :)

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cattlebattle  Online

Generation X is a book I really liked as a kid, but, I reread it a couple of years ago and wasn't as good as I remember. It always seemed like the series was just using random, obscure characters floating around the Marvel Universe in attempt to make the book interesting...characters like Nanny and Orphan Maker, Artie and Leech, Glorian, Howard the Duck--all these characters would show up for essentially no reason.

Its also a book that thrived on Chris Bachalos artwork. All the characters were complimented by his style and after he left....no artist could live up to the standard.

Honestly the series was only actually decent for 25 issues. After Lobdell and Bachalo left, Larry Hama, Jay Faerber and the Dodsons turned it into a saturday morning cartoon show. Seriously, "X-Men Evolution" had more depth and character development than Generation X had after its 25th issue.....and that show was actually a Saturday morning cartoon show for kids. Later on, Warren Ellis wrote a story arc but it wasn't enough. Not to mention some of the more interesting plot points, like there not really being a Monet St Croix and Penances origin got butchered.

I voted New X-Men on account of Generation X just wasn't good at all. I think a lot of people might be influenced by nostalgia with this one

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By HAWK2916

I actually like both series.

From Generation X some of the better characters or at least the more interesting to me have always been Husk, Monet and Chamber. I always thought Jubilee's power set was more difficult to explain and even more difficult to include in a story, though her personality was pretty cool to the dynamic of the team. Some of the stories though got needlessly convoluted and bogged down. Stuff like the Emplate saga could have been better. Monet's origins is still ridiculous. They couldn't figure out what to do with Penance. I think Generation X was strong with character interaction and personalities but a bit weak on the storylines at times.

New Xmen was the better series in my opinion. I even liked the stuff prior to Kyle and Yost, but they just took it to the next level in my opinion. The storylines were a bit more dark (which i actually prefer) the school was actually a school not a silly playground and not somewhere that just housed 5-6 kids. I even liked the different adviser's or trainer's for he different teams. Although it had a pretty decent run (I think 48-54 issues) it still felt like it ended too soon. I actually wish it would come back as it featured some of the more interesting characters as opposed to the Sharkgirls and Snotboys of the world. Some of the New Mutants being used as teachers and advisers was a great move given how they weren't being used hardly in other books.

It's interesting that both series had a little of the focus on Emma Frost as a teacher. Which I've felt has always been a great role for her. The comradery that groups like the New Mutants have had could be further replicated with New Xmen. Some of what they went through is definitely the kind of stuff that should forge friendships. It's like they went through one of the worst periods in Xmen history together so they should be pretty much connected.

I'd love to see either of these series back right now, especially over the current crop of stuff we have supposedly focusing on the younger generation like All New and WATX . I think both of these series in their own way are superior in terms of characterization for one and just overall story and everything else for the other.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Koays
    Scott Lobdell's Generation X
    Scott Lobdell's Generation X
    Kyle & Yost's New X-Men
    Kyle & Yost's New X-Men

(Because it wouldn't let me edit)

VS

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Generation X is a book I really liked as a kid, but, I reread it a couple of years ago and wasn't as good as I remember. It always seemed like the series was just using random, obscure characters floating around the Marvel Universe in attempt to make the book interesting...characters like Nanny and Orphan Maker, Artie and Leech, Glorian, Howard the Duck--all these characters would show up for essentially no reason.

Its also a book that thrived on Chris Bachalos artwork. All the characters were complimented by his style and after he left....no artist could live up to the standard.

Honestly the series was only actually decent for 25 issues. After Lobdell and Bachalo left, Larry Hama, Jay Faerber and the Dodsons turned it into a saturday morning cartoon show. Seriously, "X-Men Evolution" had more depth and character development than Generation X had after its 25th issue.....and that show was actually a Saturday morning cartoon show for kids. Later on, Warren Ellis wrote a story arc but it wasn't enough. Not to mention some of the more interesting plot points, like there not really being a Monet St Croix and Penances origin got butchered.

I voted New X-Men on account of Generation X just wasn't good at all. I think a lot of people might be influenced by nostalgia with this one

Soooo true.

Filthtrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Filthtrooper
    Killed in front of the school by religious zealots?  I invented that!
    Killed in front of the school by religious zealots? I invented that!

Gen X gets my vote.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I seriously the only one who likes the whole St.Croix backstory? I mean how would the Monet we all know and love currently exist without this backstory? It caused her to develop as a character both emotionally and mentally. How would Monet be as she is in the comic books if she is secretly two preteen girls pretending to be an older woman? She slept with Madrox, Darwin, and done other a stuff a grown woman should do.

Roboticianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Generation X

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No contest for me. Anybody surprised?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.