Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men Run vs Run: New X-Men (Morrison) vs Uncanny X-Men (Bendis)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll X-Men Run vs Run: New X-Men (Morrison) vs Uncanny X-Men (Bendis) (24 votes)

New X-Men by Grant Morrison 79%
    Uncanny X-Men vol 3 by Brian Michael Bendis 21%

Match 4 in a tournament

Match 1- Is so close that a vote or two could still change it but i'm calling it for X-treme X-Men over Astonishing
    Match 2- K&Y's New X-Men defeats Lobdell's Generation X pretty handily
    Match 3- Saw the New Mutants (Claremont) beat out Peter David's X-Factor

Now

New X-Men was an X-Men titles launched under Grant Morrison to breathe new life in an X-Men franchise that had gone stale throughout the 90s. With only a handful of X-Men left, Prof. X Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine and Hank McCoy are joined by the mischievous and elegant Emma Frost as they embark on a new mission and role for the X-Men.....becoming teachers. His run would see the end to old crutches like Genosha, the return of the Phoenix Force and Emma Frost as well as the examination of older less explored staples of the franchise like the science of mutation, the growing mutant community and the roll of the Xavier Institute as a School for mutants. This run was met with resistance do to changes to the status quo, accusations of mischaracterization and one to many plot twist/new developments.

vs

Brian Michael Bendis' Uncanny X-Men vol 3, is a title launched to breathe new life in an X-Men franchise that had grown stale throughout the late 2000's and early 10's(sound familiar?) , mostly by capitalizing on developments of the Cyclops character from the previous too X-Men events, Schism and Avengers vs X-Men. His run features a newly on the run Cyclops and his team (Emma Frost, Magik and Magneto) of renegade mutants as they attempt to take a more radical approach to the X-Men's mission of protecting mutants by any means necessary. Cyclops must recruit a team of young mutants as he attempts to force a change on the relationship between humans and mutants as he prepares these new mutants for his revolution, all the while being apposed by the Avengers, Shield, other X-Men teams, secret conspiracies and even a time displace version of himself. This run was met with resistance do to slow pacing with unnecessary crossovers and very little delivery on its over arching mysteries and early promises of a revolution.

so.....Which do YOU think is better?

Feel Free right your pros and cons for both titles

• 
    Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

grant morrison becuase its not slow paced. Plus its the last time we get to see jean grey alive and get out of cyclops' shadow in Here Comes Tomorrow

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:( i actually voted for Morrison by accident...

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

:( i actually voted for Morrison by accident...

:(

@xwraith said:

Morrison murderstomps.

:)

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By kidchipotle

Oh my god this isn't even a question. Morrison's run. Hands down. Whilst I do love Bendis, his X-Men run absolutely sucks compared to the greatness of Morrison's New X-Men.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@koays: Dammit Why?!!!! LOL. You dont make this easy at all!!!

To me this is a battle of the classic rock and hard place. Im not too much of a fan of either writer. I know some people swear by Morrison but Im not that impressed. I think things get stale and when somebody comes in with the big "change" word people get all excited. Hell, Obama used that as a slogan and when you think back not many people knew what the hell they were voting for, just "change". Just because a writer comes in to change the status quo doesn't mean its always for the best.

Morrison had a bit of a faster pace and introduced some decent things in particular imo Emma Frost more so as an Xman. That he expanded the school a little was interesting as well. Though with him and even with the subsequent writers of New Xmen with the squad system you have to wonder if introducing so many new characters at once has not served to water down the product with all the redundant power sets and all? The trickle down effect may have put us in the current state of so many characters being in limbo now as it is and the feeling of overcrowding when it comes to the Xmen. Aside from some of the good that Morrison did, I have to bring up or at least mention killing Jean Grey. That was bad. The creation of Fantomex and The World was horrible and still something that plagues the x-books to this day. And the Xorneto thing as well as Cassandra Nova the dead twin sister of Xavier-astral-parasite-edge-of-shiar-space -alien-entity or whatever the hell she is, was all bad.I we cant seem to get rid of the silliness that is Quentin Quire.

Ive outlined my thoughts on Bendis so much its getting tiring. The guy is more concerned with trolling the fans and putting his little stamp on things more so than good and sensible storytelling. The pacing is horrible and his little creations are a joke imo.

If I must choose between the two i will go with at least who will tell a story before I actually die of old age. I'll vote Morrison. But they are eerily similar and both overrated in my opinion. Morrison's the lesser of two evils but only by a little bit.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Koays

@hawk2916 said:

@koays: Dammit Why?!!!! LOL. You dont make this easy at all!!!

To me this is a battle of the classic rock and hard place. Im not too much of a fan of either writer. I know some people swear by Morrison but Im not that impressed. I think things get stale and when somebody comes in with the big "change" word people get all excited. Hell, Obama used that as a slogan and when you think back not many people knew what the hell they were voting for, just "change". Just because a writer comes in to change the status quo doesn't mean its always for the best.

Morrison had a bit of a faster pace and introduced some decent things in particular imo Emma Frost more so as an Xman. That he expanded the school a little was interesting as well. Though with him and even with the subsequent writers of New Xmen with the squad system you have to wonder if introducing so many new characters at once has not served to water down the product with all the redundant power sets and all? The trickle down effect may have put us in the current state of so many characters being in limbo now as it is and the feeling of overcrowding when it comes to the Xmen. Aside from some of the good that Morrison did, I have to bring up or at least mention killing Jean Grey. That was bad. The creation of Fantomex and The World was horrible and still something that plagues the x-books to this day. And the Xorneto thing as well as Cassandra Nova the dead twin sister of Xavier-astral-parasite-edge-of-shiar-space -alien-entity or whatever the hell she is, was all bad.I we cant seem to get rid of the silliness that is Quentin Quire.

Ive outlined my thoughts on Bendis so much its getting tiring. The guy is more concerned with trolling the fans and putting his little stamp on things more so than good and sensible storytelling. The pacing is horrible and his little creations are a joke imo.

If I must choose between the two i will go with at least who will tell a story before I actually die of old age. I'll vote Morrison. But they are eerily similar and both overrated in my opinion. Morrison's the lesser of two evils but only by a little bit.

Lol in my defense with this one... i picked these two because it just wasn't fair to put anybody against Aaron.

But yea i pretty much agree with everything you say here. though i just couldn't bring myself to give Morrison the credit, I mean Bendis' hasn't screwed up Uncanny.....but that's mostly because he's barely done anything. And i think even the worst parts of his run just don't add up to this----------------------->

No Caption Provided

Still Morrison did more in 5 issues then Bendis did in 15 so there's that.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Lol. I agree especially about Aaron. Maybe you can put him against Austen but who knows. Morrison and Bendis are both bad but like you said Bendis hasnt messed up except with the Goldballs thing-ridiculous. But Bendis whole run could have been covered in a solicit. Waste of paper

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@koays: Lol. I agree especially about Aaron. Maybe you can put him against Austen but who knows. Morrison and Bendis are both bad but like you said Bendis hasnt messed up except with the Goldballs thing-ridiculous. But Bendis whole run could have been covered in a solicit. Waste of paper

lol

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Lol your probably right about Austen, you just won't convince me to read his run again to check.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@hawk2916 said:

Don't hate the Ball.

Hate the Game.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Grant Morrison.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.