Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men Run vs Run 2.0- Wolverine and the X-Men (Aaron) vs Uncanny X-Men (Austen)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll X-Men Run vs Run 2.0- Wolverine and the X-Men (Aaron) vs Uncanny X-Men (Austen) (18 votes)

Wolverine and the X-Men by Jason Aaron 50%
    Uncanny X-Men by Chuck Austen 50%

Match 4 of the new tourney

Previously-

Match 1- In a rematch from last year Morrison once again "Murderstomped" Bendis' run.

Match 2- Saw Joss Whedon's Astonishing defeat Lobdell's Uncanny X-Men run. (Though the battle continues

Match 3- Is seeing an interesting battle between Claremont and Davis' Exaclibur and Peter David's X-Factor with X-Factor seemingly in the lead.

(All battles are ongoing until end of R1)

NOW

Jason Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men
    was a book that began following the "Schism" event, which divided the X-Men into two teams of different philosophies and followed the adventures of Wolverine, Beast and Kitty Pryde as they returned to New York too reopen the X-Men's traditional school for mutants after several years of stories set in San Francisco. The run centered around the bizarre and unpredictable, yet very X-Men, events that occurred as part of life at the school; Quentin Quire's redemption, the potential future of the student body and the ever presence question of whether or not Wolverine would be able to fill the shoes of headmaster and mentor to a generation that Professor Xavier once did.

VS

Chuck Austen's Uncanny X-Men
    was a book that focused on exploring the new status quo of the team set by Morrison. Featuring a revolving cast of former Gen X members as well as a core X-Men team led by Nightcrawler and featuring Havok, Iceman, Archangel and Juggernaut; the run was often divided between the personal lives and struggles of the X-Men at and around the Xavier Institute as much as it did battles against evil and villains. While sharing the setting and sometimes characters of New X-Men, the run focused on it's own collection of storylines and character arcs including, Havok/Polaris/Nurse Annie/Iceman love triangle; Juggernaut's unexpected friendship with a young mutant student and Angel's newly discovered mutation.

so.....Which do YOU think is better?

Feel Free right your pros and cons for both titles

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
     • 
    Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I liked Aaron's better. More memorable moments. (Even though they weren't all good)

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By kcomicfan

Wolverine and the X-Men by Jason Aaron.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler said:

I liked Aaron's better. More memorable moments. (Even though they weren't all good)

....You plagiarized me....

ah, only technically. it was just too funny to me to not do.

no hard feelings?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wolverine and the X-Men vol 1 is a genuinely good series.

Austen's Uncanny is embarrassing.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Aaron's run, I liked the idea of the Xavier school becoming a more wacky, science fiction inspired, looking place, and I like he mapped out the school and faculty rather than just having it packed full of nameless mutants. Other than that, I wasn't really a fan of it. I have never really cared for Quentin Quire, or Kid Gladiator or any of those characters.

However, Austens run is on average considered the worst X-Men run ever, which is saying something, and I have to agree. The writing was just a laughable attempt at being deep, he ruins Nightcrawler, Angel and Husk's relationship is boring.....It's uninspired and not very imaginative.

Aaron wins by default.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

Wolverine and the X-Men vol 1 is a genuinely good series.

Austen's Uncanny is embarrassing.

QFT

WatX had so much promise.... Then AvX..... then clowns.... then sharkgirl.... and snot.....

Austen. Oh man, I am not sure that ever had a good string of issues. I remember some of those issues making me cringe with dialog

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Both series were horrible. But Austens was better than Aaron. Aaron was absolute sh*t on a cosmic sub-atomic level

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Austin's run im afraid im alone in this *runs*

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Both series were horrible. But Austens was better than Aaron. Aaron was absolute sh*t on a cosmic sub-atomic level

did you actually read Aaron's run?

it may have been silly overall, which I know isn't your thing, but there were some legitimately well-done issues in there.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Yup i did read it in trades especially after hearing some on these boards give it some praise or at least argue about the potential. I wish I could have gouged my eyes out and just forget it completely. But yeah i wont comment on something I havent read unless I get a very succinct summary or explanation. That would be kind of....eh I cant find the right words but arguments would hold little weight, wouldnt they?

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: haha.. yeah, okay. I just always assumed you had no patience for that style of X-men

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: lol. yeah i really dont but it would be kind of asinine to try and comment about something I know nothing of. I didnt purchase the books but Ive read them

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm...surprised this is so close

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@hawk2916 said:

@oldnightcrawler: Yup i did read it in trades especially after hearing some on these boards give it some praise or at least argue about the potential. I wish I could have gouged my eyes out and just forget it completely. But yeah i wont comment on something I havent read unless I get a very succinct summary or explanation. That would be kind of....eh I cant find the right words but arguments would hold little weight, wouldnt they?

I agree with Hawk 110 percent. I MUST SAY, the first idk 3-4 issues until AVX were interesting enough to keep me hopeful but after that i wanted to find aaron down and run over him with my car, IMHO Bendis > Aaron.

Austin I didnt like, i was sad to see my guys Chamber and Husk get a chance to shine and they did the complete opposite, still they were there and had more spots then they did with Aaron and Husk dating Angel is still nto as bad as Husk dating Toad SOOO yea Austin for me thanks :D (cringes that i had to type that)

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:
    @hawk2916 said:

I agree with Hawk 110 percent. I MUST SAY, the first idk 3-4 issues until AVX were interesting enough to keep me hopeful but after that i wanted to find aaron down and run over him with my car, IMHO Bendis > Aaron.

WatX-men was definitely up and down. But I like the first 8 issues anyway, and #17 - Wolverine's Secret Weapon was really great, and #24 - Ain't No Sin To Be Glad You're Alive was pretty fun, and Savage Learning was alright, and issues #38 -40 were pretty good.

That's not much of the series (17/42?), but it's a lot more than I liked from Austin's run.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: @oldnightcrawler: I really like the pregnant Kitty Pryde story line. And the Hellfire Club, except for snot.... i fucking hated snot. It was just so turbulent, and in your face.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7
    deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They were both very bad but Aaron's run was worse imo. I liked some of the stuff with Quentin Quire but that's about it. With Austin's run I enjoyed the juggernaut stuff, and I liked Jean-Paul being added to the team as well.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izzy0292 said:

They were both very bad but Aaron's run was worse imo. I liked some of the stuff with Quentin Quire but that's about it. With Austin's run I enjoyed the juggernaut stuff, and I liked Jean-Paul being added to the team as well.

the best thing aaron did with QQ was the psionic shot gun, that was pretty cool lol

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll vote for Austen's since Aaron's run really didn't do what I thought it'd do. At the school but didn't give the students growth, the teachers were all very one night... Everyone was really one note. The comedy and silliness was fun at first, but then I got tired of it quickly.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Aaron's run was fantastic. Never read Austens and am not planning to.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so wait is Aaron actually winning this fight

:'( shoot me now

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: according to the poll he's getting beat. And that's what I'm going by.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO!! Wait a second!!!! We vote for the worst run right?!! Because I voted for WaXM and I can't possiblt live with the thought I gave it a positive vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@mcklayn: according to the poll he's getting beat. And that's what I'm going by.

thank god, i didn't even look at the poll like a derp i was trying to read the replies and dying a little inside. I didn't realize you added a poll they werent on the earlier ones i dont think

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Koays

@mcklayn: The poles on the site were broken when I started the 2.0's but they were in the original series. Its probably not for the best since there's more discussion without the poll, but when the poll is there I don't have to scroll over 15 new comments a thread before I post the next battle.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#31  Edited By time1

Both these titles are pretty Bad. My vote goes to Aaron run only cause I remember some of the stories. Aaron made me like Rachel Grey.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@mcklayn: The poles on the site were broken when I started the 2.0's but they were in the original series. Its probably not for the best since there's more discussion without the poll, but when the poll is there I don't have to scroll over 15 new comments a thread before I post the next battle.

Yea I noticed people seem to vote and not express their opinions lol. the replies will say one thing and the poll something totally different

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.