Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13409 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men relaunch is "XX"-confirmed

• 67 results
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: The Illuminati has always consisted of men. That's why people never went bat-sh*t crazy over the roster, simply put: there was nothing particularly new about that.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By slimlim

Looks good. But then again... Coipel could do a cover for New Warriors and it'll look good! Here's hoping Coipel retains art duties for longer than the first arc... although i've got a feeling thats not gonna happen. But one can hope right?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@AgeofHurricane:I knew it was to do with the Illuminati, but the fact that it's called New Avengers and not The Illuminati kind of presents it as an all male Avengers team.

cosmicx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By cosmicx

So its like a "Birds of Prey" theme

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: Had the case been that the Illuminati operated in the open and under the scrutiny of the public, i would have agreed with you, but they do not. They're a secret organization with the jurisdiction of protecting the world, the fact that the roster is explicitly male isn't something Marvel would need or want to emphasize on simply because of marketing purposes. That'd be dumb, and i do believe that they are in fact referred to as the Illuminati.

@Rickbarry: Bickering crossovers with Kitty and Colossus at the forefront. Perfect.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By dangallant984

@Rickbarry said:

@AgeofHurricane: I see what you did there. How dare you make a cast of their exes. Perhaps there can be bickering crossovers?

wouldn't a cast of their exes be, like, Forge, Gambit, Archangel, Colossus, eh.. that dragonball-lookin'Shiar dude(?) and, I dunno, has Jubilee ever had a boyfriend?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By cattlebattle

Well, the art looks great....but then again I never understand why great artists are used to launch a title......because after the artist leaves the book nothing else can compare and sales drop.....

Celineness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By Celineness

@poisonfleur: You need to push it into the drive, silly!

Jubilee is becoming a +2% bonus charm for sketchy Marvel titles. Fridge brilliance, seeing as that is essentially following her mentor Wolverine's methods of hogging the spotlight. He has taught her well.

I'm not complaining, I will buy every variant cover and hope there will be many. Well, I'll buy the ones with Jubilee on them.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Rickbarry

@dangallant984 said:

@Rickbarry said:

@AgeofHurricane: I see what you did there. How dare you make a cast of their exes. Perhaps there can be bickering crossovers?

wouldn't a cast of their exes be, like, Forge, Gambit, Archangel, Colossus, eh.. that dragonball-lookin'Shiar dude(?) and, I dunno, has Jubilee ever had a boyfriend?

I always assumed Logan pulled his patented pedo moves on Jubilee. Otherwise, yeah I think everyone on that list has been either together or fooled around a bit. Well...ok everyone, but Cyclops.

@AgeofHurricane: Count me in.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By dangallant984

@Rickbarry: Why do you think Wolverine would do that? Would you do that? or do you just not like him?

'cause that is scandalous, dog.

Avatar image for ellie_knightfall
    Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By Ellie_Knightfall

As if I could be more psyched

From his responses on CBR as to why the book isn't called X-Women.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By dangallant984

@Ellie_Knightfall said:

I couldn't agree with this more.

:

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#63  Edited By Silver_Raven

@Ellie_Knightfall said:

Of course they are all X-men, but the problem is still that the language used to describe a group of people that mostly consists of women, is sexist. We don't call female firefighters firemen anymore, we don't call humanity mankind anymore either. Language evolves with the times and yet when you continue to use terms or titles that implie men are the majority and the default you are still living in the past. There are so many factions of X-men, they could have created a new title altogether or helped raise "X-women" out of its "sub-category" and made it into an alternative to the standard. If there was actual equality with all genders then it wouldn't be such a big deal to have an all female team or a title that suggests this book is about women, especially when you team like the X-men that have been defined by its female members. It's not the men that make the X-men it's the X. I really wish they would have given this book the title XX, now that i think about it. Dammit Marvel, you almost had it all!

Gio86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Gio86

Very Excited by this but we will be waiting till April!!!!

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

#65  Edited By tomlikesfries

This is gonna be great.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By dangallant984

@Silver_Raven: does that mean we shouldn't call women women, because it has the word men in it?

Sorry, I just think of the word X-man as a play on the word human, and therefore as applying equally to men and women.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By John Valentine

Cool, not overwhelmingly excited, but I'll give it a shot.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.