X-Men Moving to San Francisco

#1 Posted by G-Man (31838 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess they heard that Comic Vine is located just outside of San Fran.

From Previews:

Marvel has put together an all-new creative team for the next chapter of the X-Men saga - Uncanny X-Men 500! Matt Fraction joins writer Ed Brubaker to chronicle the further adventures of Marvel's mutant super-team. The X-Men have relocated from their New York base of operations, setting up shop in San Francisco, and a depowered Magneto isn't far behind! The new venue means new challenges for the Uncanny X-Men - and in a world where mutants number in the hundreds, not the millions, anti-mutant forces like Sentinels threaten the very future of mutantkind!Joining writers Fraction and Brubaker are artists Greg Land, the hot artis of Ultimate Fantastic Four, and fan-favorite Terry Dodson for the penciling chores on Uncanny X-Men 500! Gatefold covers, on by Alex Ross and the other by Land and Justin Ponsor, grace the book, in addition to variant covers by Michael Turner and by Dodson and Ponsor.

Post Edited:2008-05-05 00:47:15

Staff
#2 Posted by We Are Legend (4721 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, my hometown.=p

#3 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#4 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome!! it'll be nice to see them in a new place. OMG psylocke & gambit are in that picture. please please please bring them back. crosses her fingers

#5 Posted by We Are Legend (4721 posts) - - Show Bio

Would love to see fights in little Chinatown.

#6 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think Psylocke will be back (I could be wrong though) but I'm pretty sure Gambit will, and soon. We just saw Rogue in the last issue of X-Men Legacy. Where ever Rogue is, Gambit is close behind.

#7 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does emma frost look like a zombie in the first picture....oh dear lord.

#8 Posted by Shatterstar (4539 posts) - - Show Bio

New challenges like finding a parking space, walking up those ridiculous hills without having an asthma attack, is that a man or a woman and does it really matter at this time of night, getting the people that live in the Full House house to open the door to see if Danny Tanner and Uncle Joey still live there, hypothermia in the summer time, hippies, evil Silicon Valley venture capitalists, and Raiders fans. There's a lot to work with there. Should be interesting.

#9 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

So Brubaker is sticking with his "I was too lazy to find out the status of the character I was using as a gawd damn marketing ploy and screwed up Bendis storyline" by keeping Magneto depowered?

$%#^&#@&!!!

Post Edited:2008-05-05 09:02:57

#10 Posted by Kenee (10 posts) - - Show Bio

If they move to SF I'm pretty sure Northstar would want to join the team again...

I love SF...

#11 Posted by Vulcanmax (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it was bloody time they moved. How many times has that mansion been destroyed? To much death had happened.

I doubt that Psylocke would be back as she currently is in Exiles and doing quiet nicely. If you noticed Kitty was also on the cover and then there is Bishop, Jubilee, Banshee, Sunfire, Shard/Dazzler(couldn't decide). So basically I think it is just one of those nice collector's edition cover in light of the 500th issue.

#12 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm sorry but i think the new exiles is horrible. i mean now they're fighting so that a man & dragon can be in love with each other?! seriously wtf? i'm still going to keep hoping that she'll return, even if it's as a skrull.

#13 Posted by Vulcanmax (183 posts) - - Show Bio

well I think it's really to soon to say that they are actually really fighting for that, I mean I hadn't even guessed that the last story was about recruiting Gambit....

#14 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio
Shatterstar said:
"

New challenges like finding a parking space, walking up those ridiculous hills without having an asthma attack, is that a man or a woman and does it really matter at this time of night, getting the people that live in the Full House house to open the door to see if Danny Tanner and Uncle Joey still live there, hypothermia in the summer time, hippies, evil Silicon Valley venture capitalists, and Raiders fans. There's a lot to work with there. Should be interesting.

"
My thoughts exactly. It would be almost like New York, only with hippies instead of bums and Giants fans rather than Raiders. The only real difference is that  will be that most of Marvel's heavy hitters won't be in swinging distance.
#15 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually this will be the third or fourth time the X-Men have left the mansion, and second time they have relocated to San Fransisco.

#16 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio
Pania said:
"Actually this will be the third or fourth time the X-Men have left the mansion, and second time they have relocated to San Fransisco.
"
When was the first time they moved to San Fran?
#17 Posted by Blazing Eagle (280 posts) - - Show Bio
We Are Legend said:
"

"

Me too, I'm glad they are fighting in my home state  They should move more marvel teams to the west coast more often, I hope they stay in San Francisco at least for ten years. I think they should have a Denver team.

Lady Tlieso said:

"

awesome!! it'll be nice to see them in a new place. OMG psylocke & gambit are in that picture. please please please bring them back. crosses her fingers

"

I hope they bring them both back to they are both interesting characters and I love Psylocke.

#18 Posted by EGoD (1513 posts) - - Show Bio

Moving is perfect for them right now, I'm sick of seeing that mansion being blown up and rebuilt and blown up and rebuilt and blown up and rebuilt and blown up an rebuilt, its got to be one of the most redundant things in the whole X verse.  The team needs a change and it works, doesn't really matter where they go.  San Fran is a far cry from New York too which is perfect.  They need to be away from that.  I hope someone sent Jean a change of address though. Man she will be pissed if she shows up and finds the gates locked.  Too bad they didn't move to Canada though, then I could visit......

#19 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio
The Enigma said:
"Pania said:
"Actually this will be the third or fourth time the X-Men have left the mansion, and second time they have relocated to San Fransisco.
"
When was the first time they moved to San Fran?"
They relocated to Alcatraz Island shortly after the Mutant Massacre.
#20 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
Pania said:
"The Enigma said:
"Pania said:
"
When was the first time they moved to San Fran?"
They relocated to Alcatraz Island shortly after the Mutant Massacre. "
Thanks Pania.
#21 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this would actually have a reoccurring human cast for the X-Men to interactive with, which pretty much the whole point of the X-men's existence. They used to have Moira Taggert, but she died.

#22 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that they are stationed in SF. We need more heroes over here:P

#23 Posted by G-Man (31838 posts) - - Show Bio
We Are Legend said:
"

"
Wolverine's gonna be doing some serious fighting in Chinatown.  Writer Jason Aaron was a big fan of kung-fu movies as a kid and wanted to make all that 'research' amount to something.  Something about Wolverine having some unfinished business there and all.  I'm pretty sure a woman is involved, as usual.
Staff
#24 Posted by fesak (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe i'm a bit ignorant for not living in the US, but honestly i don't see the difference by moving them to San Fransisco.
Wake me up when they move to Australia again.

#25 Posted by GristleMcThornbody (1 posts) - - Show Bio
Pania said:
"

So Brubaker is sticking with his "I was too lazy to find out the status of the character I was using as a gawd damn marketing ploy and screwed up Bendis storyline" by keeping Magneto depowered?

$%#^&#@&!!!

"
I was bothered by that too. 
#26 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio
GristleMcThornbody said:
"Pania said:
"

$%#^&#@&!!!

"
I was bothered by that too. "
It turned out be a bio-suit by the High Evolutionary,  why he didn't do the same for Beast is a wonder for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.