Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men Movie Universe... Crossover with FF?

Galactic_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Galactic_Man

I read somewhere recently that Mark Millar is going to try to link the FF and X-Men cinematic universes just like Avengers... Is it just me, or does that seem like the stupidest thing ever? Especially since their rights belong to Fox... Look, the fact that Mark Millar is on board is terrific - but seriously, since Avengers, a lot of superhero movies recently announced have been confirmed or said to co-exist with other movies - for example, Justice League - that's cool, X-Men: Days of Future Past and the previous trilogy - Also cool, but X-Men and Fantastic Four without the Avengers? Sorry, but hell no. You know, the Fantastic Four might play an important role to both the Avengers and X-Men in the comics, but if they were to be brought to the big screen then they belong with the already-established Avengers universe - Right now, the X-Men Cinematic Universe is actually okay even though the plot from First Class and Origins were misplaced, but the tone of it's universe just wouldn't work with the FF. Even though this isn't confirmed, I would like Mark Millar to NOT get way in over his head just because he has done an incredible job with Marvel Comics before - I think that he along with Matthew Vaughn and the entirety of Warner Bros and DC, are making these "Linked Universe" options too quickly. Any Marvel characters that aren't owned by Marvel Studios should NOT attempt to link universes - for example, if X-Men and FF will be linked together (on the big screen) and it flunks - then it's most likely that we won't be able to see another FF film for another 20 years, much like Superman. I REALLY hope Fox doesn't leave the entire fate of their upcoming superhero films in Mark Millar's hands or he'll get too cocky and ruin the X-Men films...

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jhazzroucher

that would be awesome! : )

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cattlebattle

NO!!!!

One of the reasons the X-Men movies were so great is because there wasn't any other superhumans lurking around illogically

I would like to see a source for this actually

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By poisonfleur

So-- What about viewers the enjoy crossovers yet are not fans of the Avengers?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.