Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-men movie rights...

• 65 results
    flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Do you think Fox did a goob job with the X-men films?or do you want the rights to go back to Marvel and do a full reboot?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

First Class is the only one I really like.

I liked X2 when I was younger, but I rewatched it this year and felt it was longer than it needed to be.

attatje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I like the movies

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think they've done well, but part of me just wants Marvel to have all the rights back because it's much easier to trust them after seeing what they've done with the cinematic universe.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If Marvel got the X Men rights, they would have too much on their plate and the X-Men would be shelved. And I liked X1, loved X2, and really liked The Wolverine. If Days of Future Past is great, I say let Fox keep the rights.

mechem_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mechem_93

I like the marvel movies but I don't think they are THAT good. Fox just need to take the source material more seriously and their movies could be just as good or more.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fox sucks. The X-trilogy made me cry, it was absolutely atrocious.

The only good they've done is The Wolverine and possibly First Class, though I really need a lot of salt when watching First Class too.

Maybe I'm too much of an old school fan for my own good.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked First Class, The Wolverine and X2

Fox should keep the rights, If Marvel got the rights back we won't see movies like Black Panther and Doctor Strange

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Its pretty hit and miss, I liked the first one when it came out but in retrospect that was more of the whole idea of an X-Men movie actually happening because frankly when I was growing up that never even seemed like an option. I still think X2 is a pretty good movie and I liked First Class and The Wolverine but the rest have been pretty much crap and the first did not hold up well.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I hated Origins,X1 and X3, I still enjoyed X2, The Wolverine and First Class. So 50-50 I guess. That said, I don't want them in MCU cause that means they'll be Avengers lapdog like in the comicbooks. Fox X-Universe needs a reboot, though.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Marvel should have the rights back. Fox is 50-50 I guess, two good ones and two not so good. X3 was horrible. X1 was ok for the time but not really a classic. X2 was good and First Class was actually a good movie the only problem is that characters weren't the real 1st class, so this just started off wrong. I hate when people just take huge liberties with the material and this is what was done. I'd rather Marvel have the rights to their own creation and maybe the comics will get better writers as well.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Don't like the x movies. Want Marvel to get the rights

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the X-men were their at if they go back to Marvel then theirs less chance of seeing the other Marvel properties of Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel get a chance to the screen. So no X-men in the MCU, ever.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Marvel has been on a roll with the awesome movies so I would love to see them take a crack at X-Men (and Spider-Man too but that's a discussion for another time) if they ever get the rights back.

Fox movies have been a hit and a miss, like most people said. Maybe it's because most of the movies are becoming dated for this generation or Fox is just missing good opportunities but their X-Movies aren't consistently good.

• X1 and X2 were great at the time but if you rewatch them, they do seem a little dated for todays technology. Still great movies.
    • X3 was an abomination.
    • Wolverine Origins, although I liked the concept with Sabretooth and Logan, was…well it was bad. Deadpool, anymore? GAMBIT, perhaps?
    • Then you had First Class which kind of really screws with continuity (aka Havok as well as the whole Xavier/Magneto situation) but was still really good, I loved it personally.
    • I haven't seen The Wolverine yet so I can't comment

Days of Future Past will be the deciding factor for Fox's X-Men legacy. For me at least.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I liked First Class, The Wolverine and X2

Fox should keep the rights, If Marvel got the rights back we won't see movies like Black Panther and Doctor Strange

this is pretty much how I feel about it too.

I do think it would be cool to see how Marvel would reintroduce the characters if/when it came to that, but I dig the way Fox has re-imagined them and I don't have any reason to think that a Marvel version would be strictly better.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

XM1, XM2, and First Class were good. X3 was meh. I've yet to see The Wolverine, waiting for it to release on DVD.

Personally I like the X-Men being in their own universe, separate from other heroes like Spider-Man and The Avengers.

Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Arinya

The Wolverine was okay. XM1 and XM2 were good. First Class was great. Everything else. Horrible! XM3, Wolverine Origins, Fantastic Four 1&2 and Elektra were all bad! Why would you want them to stay with FOX? They help ruin these characters.

Interesting fact. You guys know that FOX owns the rights to the word "mutants"? So Marvel themselves can't say it! You will never hear on ABCs Agents of SHEILD either. So that means NO mutants until FOX releases them from their death grip.

But I really, really, really have high hopes for Days of Future Past.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel has been on a roll with the awesome movies so I would love to see them take a crack at X-Men (and Spider-Man too but that's a discussion for another time) if they ever get the rights back.

Fox movies have been a hit and a miss, like most people said. Maybe it's because most of the movies are becoming dated for this generation or Fox is just missing good opportunities but their X-Movies aren't consistently good.

• X1 and X2 were great at the time but if you rewatch them, they do seem a little dated for todays technology. Still great movies.
    • X3 was an abomination.
    • Wolverine Origins, although I liked the concept with Sabretooth and Logan, was…well it was bad. Deadpool, anymore? GAMBIT, perhaps?
    • Then you had First Class which kind of really screws with continuity (aka Havok as well as the whole Xavier/Magneto situation) but was still really good, I loved it personally.
    • I haven't seen The Wolverine yet so I can't comment

Days of Future Past will be the deciding factor for Fox's X-Men legacy. For me at least.

Agreed.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raiiyn said:

The only good they've done is The Wolverine and possibly First Class, though I really need a lot of salt when watching First Class too.

maybe im still a noob but the first 2 singer films were great imo. 3 dosent exist in my mind since it was ratner who fucked it up badly. i saw first class one time and watched it again a few nights ago and i enjoyed it. i even caught the wolverine and to my suprise i enjoyed that seeing as i despised everything about orgins

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#20  Edited By batmannflash

The movies are okay...

X2 was good. I liked The Wolverine. First Class was also good but it had tons of continuity errors. Hopefully Days of Future Past can be really good!

The movies were messed up and had a ton of issues that I could pick out. But I'm not sure if I want Marvel Cinematic Universe to pick up the X-Men.

It would be pretty awesome for the X-Men to fight the Avengers on the big screen, though!

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raiiyn said:

maybe im still a noob but the first 2 singer films were great imo. 3 dosent exist in my mind since it was ratner who fucked it up badly. i saw first class one time and watched it again a few nights ago and i enjoyed it. i even caught the wolverine and to my suprise i enjoyed that seeing as i despised everything about orgins

I can't forgive them for what they did to Rogue. It ruined the entire concept of the x-men for me. They literally shat all over her character and to even call her Rogue is bullshit. Don't get me wrong the concept for the first movie regarding her and Magneto was a great concept, but execution and character portrayal destroyed any hope of me ever being a fan of the movie.

Only good part of the entire series was Cyclops dying.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

best show on youtube

the rights discussion explained

Loading Video...

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raiiyn said:

@tazzmission said:

@raiiyn said:

I can't forgive them for what they did to Rogue. It ruined the entire concept of the x-men for me. They literally shat all over her character and to even call her Rogue is bullshit. Don't get me wrong the concept for the first movie regarding her and Magneto was a great concept, but execution and character portrayal destroyed any hope of me ever being a fan of the movie.

you do realize novel and comic films always change some things in regards to charachters.... comic films will never be 100% like the comic and people need to get that

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raiiyn said:

@tazzmission said:

@raiiyn said:

Loading Video...

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raiiyn said:

@tazzmission said:

@raiiyn said:

you do realize novel and comic films always change some things in regards to charachters.... comic films will never be 100% like the comic and people need to get that

They destroyed her entire character. Like there is alteration to fit different media forms, and than there is total destruction. First Class was a great adaptation for film. The characters were portrayed very well and I believe that also has to do with the fact that they had real talent in Mcavoy and Fassbender.

Rogue is a strong, independent and amazing woman. They turned her into a whiny little b*tch with a crush. <--- that is not adaptation. That is complete destruction.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TazzMission

@raiiyn said:

@tazzmission said:

@raiiyn said:

@tazzmission said:

@raiiyn said:

They destroyed her entire character. Like there is alteration to fit different media forms, and than there is total destruction. First Class was a great adaptation for film. The characters were portrayed very well and I believe that also has to do with the fact that they had real talent in Mcavoy and Fassbender.

Rogue is a strong, independent and amazing woman. They turned her into a whiny little b*tch with a crush. <--- that is not adaptation. That is complete destruction.

rouge was fine and besides if you want to see real charachter destruction go watch every nic cage movie

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raiiyn said:

@tazzmission said:

@raiiyn said:

@tazzmission said:

@raiiyn said:

rouge was fine and besides if you want to see real charachter destruction go watch every nic cage movie

No, she wasn't. If you think so you either don't know her very well, don't care about her character very much or are delusional.

and fair point ;P

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

X-2 is good/great.

First class is solid

everything else is mediocre at best, with some downright garbage.

but the franchise is never going back to Marvel, unless Fox decides they don't like money anymore.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-2 is good/great.

First class is solid

everything else is mediocre at best, with some downright garbage.

but the franchise is never going back to Marvel, unless Fox decides they don't like money anymore.

u didnt like the first one?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@tazzmission: No. The best thing about it was its potential, which they mostly achieved in X2.

But it had lots of problems. The biggest and long lasting is having too many pointless mutants, which Fox still has issues with.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: No. The best thing about it was its potential, which they mostly achieved in X2.

But it had lots of problems. The biggest and long lasting is having too many pointless mutants, which Fox still has issues with.

meh to each there own i guess. i enjoyed it and like i said in the other thread i never read an xmen comic so when posters say i dont care about a charachter is over reacting really

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#32  Edited By krspaceT

Let's just say that Days goes horribly wrong. Then Fox will give up, leave the X-rights in fallow for a few years, then Marvel get's the rights back. By about 2019, there would have been a few more movies, and more chances for those characters everyone wants to see, like Black Panther and Miss Marvel, to have had their shot at the X-Men.

The first Class movie with the O5 X-Men would work out time wise because Pietro and Wanda, as far as I am aware, have always been older. If Magneto is also brought in and given a connection to the 1940's, that gives him plenty of time to get 'around' enough...

But, ignoring Magneto and his genetics...

The movie could follow an event that causes a radical spike of mutations, which causes people to fear mutants as they come into public light out of sheer paranoia (or perhaps that their first exposure to them is in someone like Vulcan (Does Marvel have his rights still? Same with the Shi'ar). A mutant who had been hidden until then, Xavier helps 5 young mutants get a foothold on their powers and has a conflict with Magneto.

Canonically. Beast did leave early, so that could be part of the movie's end; Beast leaves and ends up getting hairy later, some of the Uncanny X-men appear (After Credits scene could have a Bamf and a Snickt), ect ect.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raiiyn said:

@tazzmission said:

@raiiyn said:

Wow. You can't forgive them for what they did to a character you like, but it's ok for them to treat one you dislike worse? Cyclops has fans just as Rogue does. So it seems like Karma bit you on the ass in this case.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raiiyn said:

@tazzmission said:

@raiiyn said:

Wow. You can't forgive them for what they did to a character you like, but it's ok for them to treat one you dislike worse? Cyclops has fans just as Rogue does. So it seems like Karma bit you on the ass in this case.

Can't really be karma if rogue was destroyed first... :s

Also, that's how things work in the real world. :/ Yes, it felt nice to see Cyclops have an inconsequential role. I do not like him at all. It also adds to how horribly done the whole trilogy was though, as much as I enjoyed watching a despised characters demise.

Also doesn't change the fact I also understand where his fans come from and empathize with them in certain portrayals he's had, even in the marvelverse that don't make sense for his character. So please hold your horses on the quickness to judge.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RisingBean

@raiiyn: I wasn't judging. I don't find that you are ok with something to be reason hold you responsible for it. But I do find it fitting that a character you like was used badly when you are so ok with it happening to one you don't like. Consider it preemptive karma in this case.

Personally I think that any character they cared enough to bring into the movie should be treated with the respect they deserve. I'm tired of seeing Cyclops thrown under the bus even if I am not his number one fan.

As it is don't take this too personal. No malice is intended. Consider it a difference in opinion.

Edit. Half my post was eaten

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: lol that's CV for you.

Again, I didn't state that I was okay with his death. I just said that his death adds even more to how horribly the trilogy really sucked. I did however find his demise enjoyable in the same way most people like to see villains get their just desserts.

I do agree though. I find that the trilogy tends to cater too much to Wolvie fans. There shouldn't be catering though. It's a team movie with iconic characters who deserve at least decent representation.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raiiyn: I agree with you. Wolverine and pals annoys me. And Wolverine is my favorite on the team. I actually like X Men more then the sequels because it felt like a team movie. Jean was underused but she made up for it in X 2-3. X-2 for as good as it is really began to make it feel less like a team and more like a group who just so happened to have a common enemy. X-3 was a slap in the face if you liked Scott. Actually it was closer to a baseball bat.

You found Scott receiving his just desserts for doing what? Are you giving movie Scott grief for how he is used in comics? In the movies he may have been a bit boring and vanilla, but he was a good guy.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on the point.

Also if I sounded like a jerk I will apologize. I probably came off too strong. I do that from time to time.

And here is to hoping future Rogue is tough as nails and the bamf you wish her to be as opposed to a whiny kid.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raiiyn:

Eh, there was a bit too much Wolverine. Especially X3.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Just when emotionally damaged Cyclops was really getting interesting.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean:

Indeed Cyke was getting interesting. I think X1 and X2 did both have Logan as a major character but, were still somewhat balanced. X3 went crazy with Wolverine, and it seemed gratuitous to even some like me who has Wolverine as their favorite superhero of all time (As you and anyone who would read my username would know. Lol.)

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Cyclops actually did more in X-men if we count bad guys taken out. Wolverine and Jean assisted Cyke in taking out Sabretooth. Scott also one shotted Magneto. Wolverine got Mystique and to break the gene machine. Storm defeated Toad. Scott was a valuable player in that film.

X-2 had Cyke brainwashed. He didn't do anything worthwhile for the good guys.

I agree on X-3. I like the movie, but I wish it had been done differently. Logan does not need to be the center of the X-men, particularly when he isn't really one. He's just a drifter who drops in when he needed Charles to help him decipher his past.

I think using him like the Hulk in Avengers is the best bet. He can be regulated to the background when necessary but when it comes time to throw down, you're in for a treat.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Wolverine008

@risingbean:

I meant that in terms of overall team effort, X1 and X2 had a pretty amicable effort in that department. X3 MMght has well have been named "Wolverine 1." Lol. I think I could actually roll with using Wolverine in a role tantamount of Hulk's in Avengers. DOFP seems to be centered a lot around Xavier and Charles, so I'm betting that while Wolverine will get a big role, we'll see the balance from X1 and X2 (X1 especially) again.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean:

I meant that in terms of overall team effort, X1 and X2 had a pretty amicable effort in that department. X3 MMght has well have been named "Wolverine 1." Lol. I think I could actually roll with using Wolverine in a role tantamount of Hulk's in Avengers. DOFP seems to be centered a lot around Xavier and Charles, so I'm betting that while Wolverine will get a big role, we'll see the balance from X1 and X2 (X1 especially) again.

in regards to dofp it seems more like a young x story. look at the trailer at the end when old x says to new x i need you to hope again so is young x pissed about something after the events of fc? and if so what?

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I hope so. Though from what I gathered Wolverine was going to be the one sent through time or something so we get him in both FC timeline and the future one.

Wolverine is a great character, but using him to the detriment of other great characters is a crime. Wolverine doesn't need to be a part of every subplot or even a main focus of every main plot. Just give him something to hit during the action sequences.

Also from here on out X-3 is officially dubbed Wolverine 1 here on the Vine. I deem it so. I think I may start calling X-2 X-Overrated.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean:

Damn right Wolverine is a great character, but agreed about letting usage of him come at the detriment of other characters wrong. You need to pay me for giving you the idea of calling X3 "Wolverine 1" mate. I'll be patient.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: The whole trilogy felt more like Wolverine ft. the x-men :/

@risingbean: lol definitely a baseball bat and the group thing is a great way to put it.

I was just using it as an example of the feeling I had. Scott's always been a good guy. I just don't particularly like him, never have since his introduction in 1963. Just rubs me the wrong way.

& no worries, you didn't really.

&& thanks. I think it's too late for that though :/

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raiiyn:

I think X1 actually managed to get a pretty good amount of balance.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Raiiyn

@wolverine08: hmmmm Wolvie was still more the main character though

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raiiyn:

He kind of shared the spotlight with Rogue in that one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.