Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-MEN movie perspectives??

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You know growing up watching the movies and reading the comics made me realize something. Its all about perspective. I know we all think X-men 3 was bad. But lets have an open mind shall we?

I have been doing my own research and i found differences among comic readers and normal viewers.

Comic readers

- Favorite X-men movie = X2

- Least Favorite movie = X-Men Last Stand or Origins

Normal Viwers

- Favorite X-men movie = X-men Last Stand or FC

- Least favorite = X-men SOMETIMES X2

So the difference is that we (comic readers) love the movie that was true to the comics and hate the movies that were completely off. The normal viewers love the movies that had lots of action and effects and doesnt really like the earlier movies since they lack on special effects and great fight scenes

So do you agree with this???? What do you think

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually don't find many casual movie goers who liked Last stand at all... and many didn't like Origins either.
    But an overwhelming amount love First Class!! (my favorite by the way). All in all movie goers like good movies!!
    Bad comic book movies, are just like bad movies. People won't watch.. anyway

I personally believe that comic book fans need to let go of their obsession of staying true to "canon".
    The canon costumes are silly and made for children. No man in their right mind would wear wolverine's 80's and 90's costumes.
    The stories are trying to hit a broader demographic, so themes and storylines will change.
    I'm for it as long as I get a good consistent character and a great plot.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

I actually thought that everyone (including the normal viewers) hated last stand and origins. At least, before I started reading the comics, I didn't like Last Stand because everyone got killed in that film. I also thought that the normal viewers liked X2 the best with FC a close second since they were developing the characters.

Poze11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't thought the last stand origins was that bad? Well, I guess everyone have their own relish. Ha

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
    deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked X-2 and First Class a lot, First Class was my favorite.

X-Men: The Last Stand and The Wolverine made me want to put a gun in my mouth.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Pretty much.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there's a perception that comic book readers only like things true to the source. I'm more liberal in my view and I feel like as long as the changes don't make it unrecognizable from the source then they should go with it.

I like X2 the best because it follows up on what the first film started. I don't dislike Last Stand as a stand alone movie, but I think (in part because of its production issues) it's hard to get attached to the characters because the returning ones don't say/do much so it's a let down. That said it's way above Origin's because Origins takes the "random mutant guest star" idea (that last stand only had because it was the final movie at the time) and amps it up to 11 so that the 2nd half is almost unwatchable.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

@koays said:

I think there's a perception that comic book readers only like things true to the source. I'm more liberal in my view and I feel like as long as the changes don't make it unrecognizable from the source then they should go with it.

I like X2 the best because it follows up on what the first film started. I don't dislike Last Stand as a stand alone movie, but I think (in part because of its production issues) it's hard to get attached to the characters because the returning ones don't say/do much so it's a let down. That said it's way above Origin's because Origins takes the "random mutant guest star" idea (that last stand only had because it was the final movie at the time) and amps it up to 11 so that the 2nd half is almost unwatchable.

I'm the same way. I'm like, as long as the story is good, then I don't mind certain changes, unless it makes the character way too different from their comic book counterpart.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

As a 90s kid born and raised without the benefit of comic books, I can say that I enjoyed The Last Stand for what it was at the time. Some parts rubbed me the wrong way certainly, but I still enjoyed the action I felt was missing from at least the 1st film, and it had a large cast which I enjoyed since I always saw the X-Men property as one that should make use of its large cast (that being said quite a few characters were handled poorly in that film).

X-Men 1 is one of my least favourite X-Men films. There were certain parts that I liked but looking bad it just wasn't that great. That being said it was one of the first superhero movies that started the current movie boom, so I guess it can be forgiven.

X-2 is great, mayyybe my favourite. Villains were less goofy, the cast was expanded a little, more and better action, good character interplay, etc.

Origins started off pretty good. I loved the army montage sequence, and I thought Liev Schreiber was a great Sabretooth (way way better than Tyler Mane). However I admit most of that film was complete crap. Moving on.

First Class is 50-50 for me actually. Fassbender and MacAvoy sold it for me really. I thought they were great. Most of the cast though, meh. Havok was boring. I don't like Emma Frost anyway so that was bust. Beast didn't really work for me either. And I didn't like Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique (that being said I hated Mystique in the other X-Men films as well.) Plus when it first came out and I tried to reconcile it with Origins it drove me nuts.

As for the Wolverine... I got the Director's Cut for Christmas. I think it's pretty great for the most part. The silver samurai part at the end fell wayy flat though. And I hated Viper's portrayal throughout.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think "First Class" was the best X-Men film. To be honest, I found X-Men's 1, 2 and 3 to all be pretty bland and time hasn't done them any favors. The direction must have been off because the acting was wooden and I didn't like the overall presentation. And Anna Paquin as Rogue was a mistake, even though it probably led to her role as Sookie - she would have made a better Kitty Pryde in my opinion.

@wardishy said: And I didn't like Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique (that being said I hated Mystique in the other X-Men films as well.)

I agree with this, as well. It's strange that they chose to focus on Mystique because everything that makes her interesting in the comic books was basically removed. I would have preferred Jennifer Lawrence to play Firestar and have her be an antagonist for Emma, Amelia Voght or even make her Sage as an informant penetrating the Hellfire Club.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
    deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

X2: X-Men United is my favorite, but X-Men: First Class is my second favorite. The first X-Men is good, but it doesn't stand well on its own. The Wolverine was also pretty decent. I liked it more than I thought I would. X-Men: The Last Stand was crap, but it's entertaining if I'm in the right mood. That doesn't mean it's any good, though. X-Men Origins: Wolverine is even worse. I really hope Days of Future Past doesn't suck...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.