Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men Legacy #265 (spoilers)

• 69 results
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By papad1992

So, if you read X-Men Legacy #625, you know what's happened. Mimic and Weapon Omega fans will be pleased and upset at the same time (bipolar much). So the whole bomb thing was resolved rather quickly with Weapon Omega sacrificing himself for others. He ends up becoming a vegetable while everyone else is safe... safer. So now Mimic has no place to go while Rogue generously offers him to stay at the school and teach. Does this sound exciting to anyone? Would anyone like to see him as a main cast member for X-Men Legacy? What would he teach anyways? And what horrible plot will Weapon Omega be saved for?

Or does anybody even like Calvin Rankin?

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

I'm gonna be blunt....I don't care for Mimic or Michael Pointer... Other characters need more attention than them.

Mimic and Omega Bromance. Ugh! (calling it like it is.)

And I have to say it, Gambit now feels like he has no place or reason to still be in this book or even in Westchester.

Gage is hitting and missing for me.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By John Valentine

Mimic and Omega are worthless characters, Omega especially. I can't think of a comic I've read with Pointer in it where I haven't wanted him to die.

It was only two and a bit years ago when they were on Osborn's side trying to take down the X-Men.

Legacy is still way too Rogue-centric. Gambit's just a shell of a character at the moment, still pining after Rogue who inexplicably still loves Magneto (that may be okay for another Universe but not in 616).

It's nice to have characters like Chamber featuring, but it's not much more than cameo appearances.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By X35

Both characters are awesome.

It's nice to see Mimic back with the X-Men. He's been so inconsistently characterised over the years... and he was the first new member to join the X-Men don't forget!

No Caption Provided
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By John Valentine

@X35 said:

It's nice to see Mimic back with the X-Men. He's been so inconsistently characterised over the years... and he was the first new member to join the X-Men don't forget!

No Caption Provided

616's barely done anything of worth in his near fifty years of existence. He's been more of a problem than a useful ally.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

Let's be honest, more characters is not what this book needs. It's got problems with the ones it already has.

taqs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By taqs

To me it feels like this book is trying to recreate a team that has the original X-Men. We have Mimic with Angel's Wings, Beast, Ice-Man, and Rachel in place of Jean. All thats missing is a Cyclops type character. I think Gambit will leave this book soon. He is in the Astonishing X-Men team living off campus and will be going on his own solo mission in his own book.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @X35 said:

No Caption Provided
    Not sure why that proves any relevance but, no he wasn't, Sage was.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By John Valentine

@AgeofHurricane said:

She never joined the team.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

She never joined the team.

She didn't need to be part of the "outspoken" group of X-Men, she was located by Xavier before Mimic was.
    X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By X35

@AgeofHurricane: Uh... no. Mimic joined in X-Men #27 in 1966. Nearly 15 years before Sage was even created... ¬_¬

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@John Valentine said:

Gambit's just a shell of a character at the moment, still pining after Rogue

Really? 20 some odd years later and this is still going on? Why dont they just chop his balls off already and be done with it.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Aiden Cross

I'm not a fan of 616 Mimic, I love Earth 12 Mimic (Exiles) though.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By John Valentine

@Gambler said:

@John Valentine said:

Really? 20 some odd years later and this is still going on? Why dont they just chop his balls off already and be done with it.

Unfortunately. Hopefully his new mini will make him as awesome as he should be again.

Really wish current Remy had a less emasculated and more "B!tch, please, I'm Gambit, master thief" vibe to him.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @X35 said:

@AgeofHurricane: Uh... no. Mimic joined in X-Men #27 in 1966. Nearly 15 years before Sage was even created... ¬_¬

Xavier found Sage at the same time he came across Beast, he never put her on the "team" itself as he had other plans for her. So, yeah.  Creation/Appearance(s) has/ve nothing to do with it, she was still a member of the team but she was elsewhere.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By John Valentine

@AgeofHurricane said:

@X35 said:

Xavier found Sage at the same time he came across Sage, he never put her on the "team" itself as he had other plans for her. So, yeah.

Then she was never really an X-Man, was she? She was more so one of his agents, like Mystique or Shortpack.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By X35

@AgeofHurricane: Oh, yeah, right, just remember all those adventures Sage had running around with the original X-Men... how could I forget she was one of the first X-Men! Silly me.

I suppose these guys are also the original Avengers to you ¬_¬

50s Avengers
    50s Avengers
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@John Valentine said:

@Gambler said:

@John Valentine said:

Unfortunately. Hopefully his new mini will make him as awesome as he should be again.

Really wish current Remy had a less emasculated and more "B!tch, please, I'm Gambit, master thief" vibe to him.

Exactly. A wardrobe change wouldnt hurt either. Let me upgrade ya

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By X35

@John Valentine said:

@Gambler said:

@John Valentine said:

Awwww man, it's not an ongoing?

*sound of her heart shattering*

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@X35 said:

Xavier found Sage at the same time he came across Sage, he never put her on the "team" itself as he had other plans for her. So, yeah.

Then she was never really an X-Man, was she? She was more so one of his agents, like Mystique or Shortpack.

No. She was still an honorary X-Man because the Xavier + Mystique/Shortpack case was entirely different, Xavier didn't have anything to hold on Sage, Mystique was more or less his agent for protection and in the end she ended up turning on him anyways, whereas Sage actually went through X-Men training and the lot of it, he found her and actually considered her a member but he didn't think her specialities were needed for the main team.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @X35 said:

@AgeofHurricane: Oh, yeah, right, just remember all those adventures Sage had running around with the original X-Men... how could I forget she was one of the first X-Men! Silly me.

I suppose these guys are also the original Avengers to you ¬_¬

50s Avengers
    50s Avengers
    Indeed.
    X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By X35

@AgeofHurricane: Just like Wolverine was the leader of Alpha Flight.......¬_¬

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @X35 said:

@AgeofHurricane: Just like Wolverine was the leader of Alpha Flight.......¬_¬

I'm not demanding you believe what i say, I'm just pointing something out.
    X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By X35

@AgeofHurricane: Yeah, but what you're saying isn't even true to the point... in as much as you've said "but in the end she didn't join". Therefore she didn't join...

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @X35 said:

@AgeofHurricane: Yeah, but what you're saying isn't even true to the point... in as much as you've said"but in the end she didn't join". Therefore she didn't join...

I'm sure it's not. And where did i say that ?
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By John Valentine

@X35 said:

@AgeofHurricane: Yeah, but what you're saying isn't even true to the point... in as much as you've said "but in the end she didn't join". Therefore she didn't join...

She was never shown on-panel with any of the X-Men, unlike Mimic. Moreover, a recent source from Marvel stated that Mimic was was sixth member, therefore he was.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @John Valentine said:

@X35 said:

She was never shown on-panel with any of the X-Men, unlike Mimic. Moreover, a recent source from Marvel stated that Mimic was was sixth member, therefore he was.

Recent soruces/Inside sources from Marvel can chat a lot of crap, as is evident. In fact, Marvel can chat a lot of crap to boot. She wasn't shown on panel with any of the X-Men because she had another role to play in Xavier's master plan.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By John Valentine

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@X35 said:

Recent soruces/Inside sources from Marvel can chat a lot of crap, as is evident. In fact, Marvel can chat a lot of crap to boot. She wasn't shown on panel with any of the X-Men because she had another role to play in Xavier's master plan.

Marvel still writes the canon.

THEREFORE SHE WASN'T ONE OF THE ORIGINAL SIX X-MEN ON TEAM, WAS SHE?

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By X35

@AgeofHurricane said:

No. She was still an honorary X-Man because the Xavier + Mystique/Shortpack case was entirely different, Xavier didn't have anything to hold on Sage, Mystique was more or less his agent for protection and in the end she ended up turning on him anyways, whereas Sage actually went through X-Men training and the lot of it, he found her and actually considered her a member but he didn't think her specialities were needed for the main team.

So therefore she didn't join. It's like the Empire State Building. People don't buy tickets to get in the lobby. They buy tickets to get to the top. It doesn't count if you don't get to the top.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@X35 said:

Wrong. Not everything needs to be seen on panel for it to be a fact, especially if there's valid proof/explanations for it.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @X35 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

So therefore she didn't join. It's like the Empire State Building. People don't buy tickets to get in the lobby. They buy tickets to get to the top. It doesn't count if you don't get to the top.

Uh'Huh.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By John Valentine

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@X35 said:

Wrong. Not everything needs to be seen on panel for it to be a fact, especially if there's valid proof/explanations for it.

You can think whatever you want, but by current Marvel continuity you're wrong.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@X35 said:

Of course i am, because Marvel continuity is always correct and on point and it should never be questioned. That, and the fact that we've never seen Sage on panel as a member of the X-Men even though there are other explanations for it, alrrrrriiiight.
    X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By X35

@AgeofHurricane: Well even in this issue that this topic is about Rogue says

"you were the first X-Man Xavier recruited after the original team"

so...

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @X35 said:

@AgeofHurricane: Well even in this issue that this topic is about Rogue says

"you were the first X-Man Xavier recruited after the original team"

so...

So ? Did Xavier ever have a long conversation about Sage's mysterious induction into the X-Men ? I don't think so, i mean, it's never been shown on panel so, yeah. Rogue doesn't know crap about Sage, a lot of X-Men don't, except for the man who recruited her into his stronghold anyways.
    X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By X35

@AgeofHurricane: Just because someone was considered for a team doesn't make them a member ffs!! >.<

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @X35 said:

@AgeofHurricane: Just because someone was considered for a team doesn't make them a member ffs!! >.<

She wasn't considered either (Like i'm even arguing that. >.>), if "consideration" were the case then i don't think we'd be hearing of Sage as much as we have in the past.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By John Valentine

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@X35 said:

Of course i am, because Marvel continuity is always correct and on point and it should never be questioned. That, and the fact that we've never seen Sage on panel as a member of the X-Men even though there are other explanations for it, alrrrrriiiight.

But the point is that Mimic was the first to fight with the original team of X-Men.

Sage was unknown to the other X-Men. She may have been trained around the same time, but she was never their team member. Mimic was. Sage became Shaw's assistant at a pretty early stage. She never fought with the 05 X-Men.

I advise you read XXM #44 & XXM #9 again.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@X35 said:

But the point is that Mimic was the first to fight with the original team of X-Men.

Sage was unknown to the other X-Men. She may have been trained around the same time, but she was never their team member. Mimic was. Sage became Shaw's assistant at a pretty early stage. She never fought with the 05 X-Men.

That's clearly not the point I'm trying to make, since when did you need to fight with the preliminary roster of a team before you were a part of them ?

That is what i don't get, how can the founder of a team find you, recruit you, train you as he/she would the rest of hers/his other new members, then, he sends you off to spy on an upcoming adversary for a long amount of time but then for some reason, that doesn't make you an actual member of his team (?), or a founding member for that matter (or orginal 5 to be seen publicly) just because you were off somewhere else doing something, even though you're allegiance was to the founder. I don't get that.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By John Valentine

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@X35 said:

That's clearly not the point I'm trying to make, since when did you need to fight with the preliminary roster of a team before you were a part of them ?

That is what i don't get, how can the founder of a team find you, recruit you, train you as he/she would the rest of hers/his other new members, then, he sends you off to spy on an upcoming adversary for a long amount of time but then for some reason, that doesn't make you an actual member of his team (?), or a founding member for that matter (or orginal 5 to be seen publicly) just because you were off somewhere else doing something, even though you're allegiance was to the founder. I don't get that.

Her allegiance was to their founder, true, not to the original team. She may have been affiliated with Xavier for a longer time, but she was never an X-Man (if we take X-Man to be team member like most people do), as most people view it. It's like saying Shortpack was an X-Man because of that reason and is therefore an older X-Member than, say, Magik, Danger or Pixie.

Besides, if we're being perfectly real, Sage's involvement with the X-Men was a messy early 2000s retcon to suit Claremont's story needs at the time.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By X35

@AgeofHurricane: I'll nip this in the bud and say I completely and utterly disagree that Sage was an original X-Men or whatever... but I'm not gonna lose sleep over it frothing at the mouth complaining "HOW CAN HE EVEN THINK THAT SAGE WAS A MEMBER BEFORE MIMIC?!?!!?!!!!?!?!?!?". I'll just say "meh, not really..." and move on xP

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@X35 said:

Her allegiance was to their founder, true, not to the original team. She may have been affiliated with Xavier for a longer time, but she was never an X-Man (if we take X-Man to be team member like most people do), as most people view it. It's like saying Shortpack was an X-Man because of that reason and is therefore an older X-Member than, say, Magik, Danger or Pixie.

Besides, if we're being perfectly real, Sage's involvement with the X-Men was a messy early 2000s retcon to suit Claremont's story needs at the time.

Eh, well that is where I'm basing this off of.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By John Valentine

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@X35 said:

Eh, well that is where I'm basing this off of.

You're basing it off a retcon yet refusing to acknowledge a more recent alteration to this history in the last issue of Legacy.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By X35

@John Valentine: What alteration in the last issue of Legacy?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By John Valentine

@X35 said:

Mimic states he was the sixth X-Man. Either way you look at it now, he was.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By X35

@John Valentine said:

@X35 said:

That isn't an alteration because it's always been true ;)

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By John Valentine

@X35 said:

@John Valentine said:

@X35 said:

That isn't an alteration because it's always been true ;)

But it should view how AgeOfHurricane views it seeing as retcon was their main argument for Sage being an original, anyway.

I've agreed that Mimic was the sixth all along, even though I don't value him as a character.

DeimosMasque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48  Edited By DeimosMasque

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

Are you so sure about that? Because this image says different. Pretty much saying that Xavier did not consider her an X-Men but instead a spy for him to use. Which he did, against Sebastian Shaw.

No Caption Provided
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#49  Edited By ReVamp

Yeah, Sage was never really an X-Men.

And no, I don't care much for Mimic. 616 At least.

@John Valentine said:

Have to say though, I actually dug it this issue. But that's perhaps just because I'm such a Rogue X Gambit shipper lmao.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By John Valentine

@ReVamp said:

Yeah, Sage was never really an X-Men.

And no, I don't care much for Mimic. 616 At least.

@John Valentine said:

Have to say though, I actually dug it this issue. But that's perhaps just because I'm such a Rogue X Gambit shipper lmao.

Didn't think it did him justice, dude.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.