Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men Legacy 255 cover released (spoilers)

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jmc247
    X-Men: Legacy #255
    X-Men: Legacy #255
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By MrUnknown
    @jmc247: Interesting maybe they will finally have a confrontation. I have to get back into Legacy.
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By papad1992

Wow... I'm officially excited!! I can't wait until this happens... This confrontation (hopefully) has been long overdue!!
    Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By fenixREVOLUTION

This looks great, I really need to start reading this book.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By jrock85

That's a beautiful cover.

rsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rsummers

This really is a great cover!
    But I have one question? Is it safe to say that they are father and daughter? I saw somewhere that states they were technically not because of all the genetic problems Moira did to Magneto..

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jmc247
    @rsummers said:
    This really is a great cover! But I have one question? Is it safe to say that they are father and daughter? I saw somewhere that states they were technically not because of all the genetic problems Moira did to Magneto..
    No, what Moira did to Magneto didn't change her parentage. As for Mike Carey (who will be writing this story's) view on the two characters.

We know Magneto cares about Polaris because he announced to the Genoshans that she was his daughter and also named her as his heir. Why hasn't he shown any interest or concern for her current situation on panel? Considering all the family he has lost, this seems very out of character for him to not seem to care -- especially since she's the only one of his children who doesn't hate him. 

Mike Carey: I honestly don't see this as a character point -- I see it as a plot structure point. For Magneto to raise his concerns about Polaris is totally natural, as you say. For us to show the scene where he voices those concerns raises a narrative flag that says, "We're coming to this story shortly." We weren't ready to do that, and didn't want to tease stories that we weren't yet in a position to tell. But watch this space. I predict -- I confidently predict -- Magneto-Polaris interaction in 2011. 

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?id=30294&page=article
    jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jmc247

A much bigger version of the cover below for those who are interested. 

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/jmc247/X-Men%20Legacy/Legacy255.png

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By CellphoneGirl

DAYUM! I'm excited to see this :D

Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Gold Dust Boi

OH MY GOD!! I am so excited about this.  I've been waiting for Alex, Lorna and Rachel to come back for ever!!  I love the whole Revenant/Rachel's mind scenario they pulled during and after Age of X and it was so sad when she vanished.  

And I was still catching up on my backstory when Polaris and Magneto became father and daughter so it will be really nice to see then interact...you know...on Earth :)

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By IllyanaRasputin
    @papad1992 said:
    Wow... I'm officially excited!! I can't wait until this happens... This confrontation (hopefully) has been long overdue!!
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#12  Edited By xerox_kitty

It's a beautiful cover, but Polaris has a blank look in her eyes... I wonder if she's acting of her own accord. Regardless, I hope she wins ;)

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By fesak  Moderator

She was a horseman for a while and managed to shake it off awfully fast compared to others.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xerox_kitty

@fesak said:

She was a horseman for a while and managed to shake it off awfully fast compared to others.

That whole story was dreadful (but not as bad a the psychotic tart that she was portrayed as by Carey). I know Mike Carey re-introduced the Gambit Death persona as a means to say 'yes, those stories did happen & didn't miraculously go away', so he may have something similar in store for Polaris Pestilence too.

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jmc247
    @xerox-kitty said:

It's a beautiful cover, but Polaris has a blank look in her eyes... I wonder if she's acting of her own accord. Regardless, I hope she wins ;)

Both Magneto and Polaris have been shown in the past as well as on that cover as having blank eyes on comic covers all the way back to the 90s. It didn't mean they were mind controlled there. Its just a way artists draw them and show they are powerful.

No Caption Provided
    Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Iron_Lad

It's taking them forever to get back to Earth from space. Don't they have light speed or wormholes in comics?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By fesak  Moderator

They haven't been gone that long. About a year in marvel time.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xerox_kitty
    Emerald Eyes
    Emerald Eyes

@jmc247: It was just a theory. Other artists have depicted her with pupils while using her powers. So it's possible it's just artistic interpretation/laziness.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mutant God

she looks a bit like a zombie because of the eyes in the picture
    jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jmc247
    @fesak said:
    They haven't been gone that long. About a year in marvel time.
    Our time its been over a half decade.
    ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By ragdollpurps

It'll be nice to have her back. I'm definitely looking forward to this. 

MrSeaman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MrSeaman70

I would so love to see them fight.. LOL 

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jmc247
    @xerox-kitty said:
    Emerald Eyes
    Emerald Eyes

@jmc247: It was just a theory. Other artists have depicted her with pupils while using her powers. So it's possible it's just artistic interpretation/laziness.

I would agree with you regarding it being artistic interpretation, my last post disappeared for some reason. But, I said in some minis her eyes go white when she uses her power and in some she doesn't.

No Caption Provided
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xerox_kitty

All in all, I'm looking forward to seeing how Mike Carey handles Polaris. I really like her from her old X-Factor days (and from her non-Magnetic days too). So I really hope he does her some justice after so many years of drivel...

But I still want to see her kick Magneto's butt! ;)

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @xerox-kitty: It'll be awesome to see them fight :] 

@MrSeaman70 said:

No Caption Provided
    That made me really LOL
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By Mercy_

Mags has blank eyes as well.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27  Edited By IllyanaRasputin
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    @xerox-kitty: It'll be awesome to see them fight :] 

@MrSeaman70 said:

No Caption Provided
    That made me really LOL
    MoonstoneEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By MoonstoneEvil

So Polaris finally comes back. I'm looking forward to this issue!

Ouija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By Ouija

I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!!!!!!
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CATPANEXE
    @jrock85 said:
    That's a beautiful cover.
    foldingstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By foldingstar

I love it! Really looking forward to it!
    jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jmc247

I just remembered the last issue Magneto and Polaris were together a decade ago had a somewhat similar cover, but certainly not as good as this one. In that one the positions of Polaris and Magneto were reversed and Lorna certainly wasn't shown as powerful as she was here.  

No Caption Provided
    jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jmc247

News from Marvel.com: There will be two issues of Legacy again to come out in September. Legacy 255 and 256. If I had to guess they are rushing this storyline so they are back on Earth in time for the fallout from Second Coming.

http://marvel.com/comic_books/issue/36430/x-men_legacy_2008_255 
    http://marvel.com/comic_books/issue/38103/x-men_legacy_2008_256

Here is the links to both issues, but to warn you the issue of Legacy 256 doesn't have a cover or a different solit description.

The Story: "FIVE MILES SOUTH OF THE UNIVERSE" When Rogue, Magneto and Gambit jumped into space on an intergalactic search and rescue mission, they had no idea that it would land them in the middle of an extraterrestrial war! And to make matters worse, the space station that serves as the battlefield for the conflict is slowly falling into a collapsing star. With time running out and the lives of Havok, Polaris and Marvel Girl on the line, these X-Men are in for a bumpy ride... 

At least we know which three X-Men leave for space.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#34  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I've never been that fond of Polaris (except in Wolverine and the X-Men, where she was bloody gorgeous), but I'm loving that cover. Too bad I'm boycotting Legacy as well because of the whole Mags/Rogue thing.

Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Iron_Lad
    @jmc247 said:
    News from Marvel.com: There will be two issues of Legacy again to come out in September. Legacy 255 and 256. If I had to guess they are rushing this storyline so they are back on Earth in time for the fallout from Second Coming.http://marvel.com/comic_books/issue/36430/x-men_legacy_2008_255 http://marvel.com/comic_books/issue/38103/x-men_legacy_2008_256 Here is the links to both issues, but to warn you the issue of Legacy 256 doesn't have a cover or a different solit description.The Story: "FIVE MILES SOUTH OF THE UNIVERSE" When Rogue, Magneto and Gambit jumped into space on an intergalactic search and rescue mission, they had no idea that it would land them in the middle of an extraterrestrial war! And to make matters worse, the space station that serves as the battlefield for the conflict is slowly falling into a collapsing star. With time running out and the lives of Havok, Polaris and Marvel Girl on the line, these X-Men are in for a bumpy ride...  At least we know which three X-Men leave for space.
    Rogue, Magneto and Gambit out in space together? That's an interesting choice for a search and rescue team. I hope we get to see some drama.
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36  Edited By Timandm
    @rsummers said:
    This really is a great cover! But I have one question? Is it safe to say that they are father and daughter? I saw somewhere that states they were technically not because of all the genetic problems Moira did to Magneto..
    At the moment, she IS indeed his daughter... Marvel may someday retcon things so that she isn't, but at the moment, according to most sources, she is definitely his daughter...

Interesting note:  Their powers are identical but their polarities are reversed... (so marvel says.)
    jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jmc247

At the moment, she IS indeed his daughter... Marvel may someday retcon things so that she isn't, but at the moment, according to most sources, she is definitely his daughter...  Interesting note:  Their powers are identical but their polarities are reversed... (so marvel says.)

Beyond this storyline they won't be able to again retcon her parentage as long as we get Magneto's POV on her mother who we have only seen in CW HoM and from his interviews all the way back to the start of the year Carey isn't interested in a retcon.
    CherryLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CherryLips

Beautiful Cover!  Polaris looks so strong and in control.  Going through some older comics recently, and she was just chronically portrayed as a lunatic.  I've been out of the plot for a while, but I'm excited about this cover.  She looks Ah-may-zing!

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jmc247
    @CherryLips@CherryLips said:
    Beautiful Cover!  Polaris looks so strong and in control.  Going through some older comics recently, and she was just chronically portrayed as a lunatic.  I've been out of the plot for a while, but I'm excited about this cover.  She looks Ah-may-zing!
    Her powers were stuck on high for weeks and weeks when she was remembering the last moments of those who died on Genosha. That nonstop use of her power damaged her nervous system and it took time for it to heal. Its alot like what happens when Magneto massively overuses his power and becomes manic or even goes into megalomania.
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Timandm
    @jmc247 said:

At the moment, she IS indeed his daughter... Marvel may someday retcon things so that she isn't, but at the moment, according to most sources, she is definitely his daughter...  Interesting note:  Their powers are identical but their polarities are reversed... (so marvel says.)

Beyond this storyline they won't be able to again retcon her parentage as long as we get Magneto's POV on her mother who we have only seen in CW HoM and from his interviews all the way back to the start of the year Carey isn't interested in a retcon.
    I would really like you to be right about that....But, from what we've seen in the past, Marvel seems to be able to retcon anything...  Even when they shouldn't... Even when it doesn't make sense...  But I do hope you're right...
    jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jmc247
    @Timandm said:
    at we've seen in the past, Marvel seems to be able to retcon anything...  Even when they shouldn't... Even when it doesn't make sense...  But I do hope you're right...
    Marvel does have the power to do anything they want, but at this point its useless worrying about something that might or might not happen a few years in the future. Right now the important thing is to see how Carey develops their relationship and differentiates Lorna's relationship with Magneto from Wanda and Pietro's relationship with him. The last 616 arc they were together in they didn't do a very good job of that.

Exhibit A 

No Caption Provided

Exhibit B 

No Caption Provided
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Timandm
    @jmc247: Agreed.
    PolarisLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PolarisLover

I'm so excited for X-Men: Legacy 255! I'm back to picking this title up.

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jmc247

My question was answered on X-Position.

And the internet roars with approval! Justinian wanted to express his gratitude and squeeze in a query as well.

I wanted to thank you for returning Polaris from space and tackling Lorna's reunion with her father, which is something I have been waiting many years for. Clearly Lorna and Magneto have a ton of issues to deal with. I was wondering, of the many issues of contention they have to deal with, which do you see as the most important?

Mike Carey: Wow. Big question. I think for Lorna, the most pressing issue might be to find out what Magneto could tell her about her mother -- and her mother's death.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=32903

PolarisLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PolarisLover

What an excellent reply! I always wondered if any writer would tackle the issue of her mother and that huge missing chunk of her life. I know she's not popular enough to warrant such exploration but it's nice to know she might be getting it anyway!!!

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jmc247

Preview pages for Five Miles South of the Universe 

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jmc247

Just a reminder to fans with all the excitement over the X-Factor revel for January don't forget to promote by word of mouth and the internet Lorna's appearance in X-Men Legacy 255 this week. Given the great cover and the rest there is no reason this comic shouldn't sell out at the retail level as Children's Crusade has done repeatedly. I will put my money where my mouth is and do whatever I can to make it happen so that Marvel knows a good Polaris/Magneto cover and a family reunion on the X-books will sell quite well as has been happening for the family reunion on the Avengers. I don't know what to do with the extra copies I plan on buying, perhaps giving them to the good will or to DC fans. I plan on making the issue a success and being able to buy the second edition of this comic after the first sells out at the retail level and I hope you will help me make it happen if only by spreading word of it. http://m46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/jmc247/X-Men%20Legacy/tiera.png http://m46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/jmc247/X-Men%20Legacy/biggerMagneto.png http://m46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/jmc247/X-Men%20Legacy/cover1.png

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.