X-men forever is canceled

Posted by sandman813 (103 posts) - - Show Bio

A litle bummed that X-men forever is being cancled in January.
#1 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

I am okay with it never really liked the series that much 

#2 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

New Mutants: Forever is really good.  I have never read any of the other forever titles

#3 Edited by AMS (1387 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not going to lie i'm pretty sad about this to be honest. 

But onwards and upwards.
#4 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Does that mean no chance of Cyclops and Psylocke hooking up? This saddens me. I'll put it with Ms Marvel/Spider-Man in my crushed dreams box.

#5 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" Does that mean no chance of Cyclops and Psylocke hooking up? This saddens me. I'll put it with Ms Marvel/Spider-Man in my crushed dreams box. "
Along with Bruce and Diana. : (
#6 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" Does that mean no chance of Cyclops and Psylocke hooking up? This saddens me. I'll put it with Ms Marvel/Spider-Man in my crushed dreams box. "
Along with Bruce and Diana. : ( "
NEVER! THAT WILL HAPPEN! (eye twitches)
#7 Posted by Jake Fury (18116 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
NEVER! THAT WILL HAPPEN! (eye twitches) "

For his physical well being he better wear his Insider suit to survive.
#8 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
For his physical well being he better wear his Insider suit to survive. "
We'll never know if JMS doesn't stop doing crack and keeps Diana in some kind of alternate reality.
#9 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
I really hope so.
#10 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
I really hope so. "
If it doesn't, I'm coming after JMS. BN: WW#2 set it up, but his stupid AU WW arc is preventing the Bruce/Diana love.
#11 Posted by karrob (4276 posts) - - Show Bio
@haydenclaireheroes said:
" I am okay with it never really liked the series that much  "
Same here.
#12 Posted by drunkbear (46 posts) - - Show Bio

damn first young allies now this

#13 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

too bad...i havent read the series yet but i bought a couple of the tpb's. im waiting to start till i get the rest of them so i can read them all at once

#14 Posted by RLAAMJR (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

x-men forever has interesting issues, only that since it is non-canon that's why most people doesn't really care.

#15 Posted by 5ive (90 posts) - - Show Bio

There are too many X titles. i would rather more member series than a bunch of random team series of basically the same team

#16 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they just have the Forever titles so Chris Claremont has something to do

#17 Posted by krisis (160 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't looked at sales data to back this up, but I would speculate that Forever took a hit when the new adjectiveless X-Men launched, since that's a more easy-to-pick-up volume of X-Men that sells outside of Direct Market (which, I assume, was at least part of the strategy behind Forever).

#18 Posted by Warpath Storm (492 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked it til issue twelve with cheesy magik so i gave up then.....actually been looking for someone to buy the books frome me LOL
#19 Posted by Thunderscream (1809 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm happy it's over. 

#20 Posted by RubyShadesp3 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to be honest; I am a little surprised that it lasted so long. I think I bought five issues just because the fangirl in me thought some of the covers looked kind of neat.

#21 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
"I think they just have the Forever titles so Chris Claremont has something to do "

Every time he needs a little work on the house... a new extension, conservatory or loft conversion. 

I wish I could be glad it's finishing... sadly, it's probably to make room for X-Men: Forever 3 :p
#22 Posted by Warpath Storm (492 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:
or just like x-force forever since they've done x-factor and new mutants.... 

but i think i would be interested in an x-force forever   or how about a generation X forever and pretend synch and skin never died
#23 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

is it being replaced by anything? 

#24 Posted by Iron Fist Angel (228 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank God! I love the X-men to death but this is truly one of the worst X-comics I have ever read. I mean, it was downright painful at times. I've never seen so many horrible ideas mashed together in one series before.

#25 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9437 posts) - - Show Bio

What was xmen: forever?

#26 Posted by Iron Fist Angel (228 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000 said:
" What was xmen: forever? "

Basically it picked up where X-men left off after Chris Claremont's sudden departure. It was non-canon though and was really, really bad.
#27 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

I think when it is restricted to a mini they are good, I liked X-Factor forever, but X-Men forever reached a point where I was just sitting there going "Really?
#28 Posted by A-Strondinaire (370 posts) - - Show Bio

In the words of a condescending poster lol watever but in all honesty can't say i'm not to shocked

#29 Posted by zombietag (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

i guess it wasnt really for... forever

#30 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

Good. This was a terrible series.

#31 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

it was just a matter of time 
I always hated the idea of making comics that pander to non-comic readers any way 
oh Chris Claremont, just go back to the 70's where you belong
#32 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

Watch. When Chris Claremont makes a glorious return and writes the best X-Men related title you ever read...you'll all take back the mean stuff you said about him. You rue this day...but tomorrow belongs to Claremont!

#33 Posted by RLAAMJR (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Claremont would continue writing Xtreme x-men

#34 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@RLAAMJR said:
" I hope Claremont would continue writing Xtreme x-men "
That's likely considering it finished seven years ago.
#35 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy:
I just dont' see it happening 
his pacing, his style of conversation, his penchant for long-winded internal monologues, his oh-so-predictable plot twists: it's all too dated now 
his comics read like they did in the 70's and 80's 
and comics just don't read like that any more 
don't get me wrong- I have tons of great Claremont books that I hold high in my collection  
but that was then 
this is now
#36 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7261 posts) - - Show Bio
@RLAAMJR: Me too, that was an excellent series i really don't know why they decided to shift it into UXM i mean really?
#37 Posted by mettlekm (417 posts) - - Show Bio

I just started reading it on Marvel Digital. LOVED it! I'm a bit of a throwback - fyi. Sorry to see that it's canceled.

#38 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

@mettlekm said:

I just started reading it on Marvel Digital. LOVED it! I'm a bit of a throwback - fyi. Sorry to see that it's canceled.

There's nothing wrong with reading old stories. It guarantees that there'll be readers for future stories :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.