Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men First Class Trailer Reactions

• 59 results
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

No Caption Provided
    So by now you guys have all seen the X-Men: First Class movie trailer, right? And if you haven't, then what are you waiting for? Yesterday the highly anticipated trailer was released by Fox first on their Facebook page and quickly went wide all over the internet- and of course, everyone had something to say about the upcoming movie. We took to Twitter to give you guys a run down of what some of the biggest names in comics had to say about the upcoming film and their thoughts and reflections on the trailer.

"1st X-Men trailer goes live today. Lots of my pals doing movies this Summer, but this is the one I'm most excited about. I predict greatness." 
    "Just in from Paul, which was really good fun. Watched Matthew's X-Men trailer 4 times and now off to bed. This movie will be fantastic." - Mark Millar ( Superior, Nemesis, Kick-Ass)  

"This looks like fun. RT @ SotoColor: Holy Cow! RT @ delgaduck: First trailer for X Men first class http://bit.ly/hpEhHA" - Kurt Busiek ( Astro City, Kirby: Genesis) 

"Poo on X-Men: First Class for failing to put The Vanisher in his cobra suit. That's The Vanisher, right?" 
    - Phil Hester ( Wonder Woman, The Atheist, The Darkness)

"Okay. All the stuff so far for X-Men First Class had me worried. But Daaammmn. I like that trailer. Great feel." - J.T. Krul ( Teen Titans, Green Arrow, Soulfire

What did you guys think of the trailer? Are you looking forward to the movie? Do you agree or disagree with these creators?
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Aside from the obvious lack of Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan, there's nothing there dissuading me from seeing it, but not really enough to make me super excited. 

kito87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By kito87

JT read my mind.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I'm real hesitant to pass major judgment on this movie based on the trailer.  Unfortunately it still looks like one of those things that can be either really good, or really bad.  Of course I'll check the movie out, but quite honestly if this movie turns out to flop just like Wolverine Origins and Last Stand did, then I will most likely be of the opinion that maybe we finally should leave mutants off the big screen.  As for who's opinion I agree with, well anything that Mark Millar says I will go along with, and the others make me at least have some ray of hope for the success of this movie.

growup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By growup

I look at it this way. Yes it does deviate from source matierial, but if this story was written as an alternate universe and was written well, I don't think any fan boys would complain. In fact I think some of them would like it. So I don't really care that they have made so many changes, it looks good so I am going to see it.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5  Edited By SC  Moderator

I am waiting for after I get back out later tonight. I like to watch movie trailers at 3 am in the morning when my expectations are lowest.  

What I hear confirms its still character driven though, which I like, and also that it completely disregards other movies continuity which I LOVE, because why try and get dragged down by other mediocre movies when the only people who might appreciate that for you will complain anyway. Let it succeed or fail when you actually go to see it. 

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cattlebattle

I think Thor will be the best comic movie this summer, followed by X-Men  

don't have much faith in Cap and GL, Caps hard to translate well, and I can't stand Van Wilder
    shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By shawn87

Great idea to share what other people in comics thought about the trailer.  

I still can't wait to see this movie.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Gambit1024

...Why are there so many articles about this trailer?

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#9  Edited By The Impersonator

I'm not happy with this trailer.

Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Om1kron

trailer for wolvering origins looked good too, until you saw the movie. 

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Mercy_

My sentiments line up with JT Krul's.  

sladewilson30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#12  Edited By sladewilson30

i will say this, xavier and magneto have good taste in women
    Avatar image for the_average_bear
    The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The Average Bear
    I don't think Emma or Havok should be in this. Havok, because this establishes him at an age where he could be Cyclops' father, and Emma because that would 1) Mean she;s ancient nowadays, and 2) makes no sense if this is in anyways a part of the other X-Men movie franchise. The only thing I can think of is she stayed in her diamond form for a few decades. But that seems like a stretch. 

Though, I do hear that this is a reboot, so it could or could not make sense.  

Either way, the trailer looks great. And Micheal Fassbender really made it look like realistic to lift that submarine from the ocean in the last few seconds of the film. His facial expression really showed struggle and a little bit of wonder like "I'm actually doing this". Great coming-into-power Magneto portrayal.
    jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jubilee042

im hell excited

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15  Edited By leokearon

I trailer was so bad it was funny, especially the captions, 'before he was....' are they trying to say that when Chuck and Eric decided to gain super identities, they went to the courts and legal changed their names to Professor X and Magneto?
    Grendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Grendel

Everyone expected this trailer/movie to be a total joke and instead it blew the Green Lantern parody out of the water.

schmidty207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By schmidty207

As much as I don't want to dis this movie...I hope it "fails to find its audience" enough for 20th Century Fox to FINALLY SELL THE RIGHTS BACK TO MARVEL STUDIOS so this franchise can be done right!
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By -Eclipse-

I'm not annoyed by the fact that they're deviating from the comics, just annoyed that they're deviating from their OWN movie continuity. There's 4 movies, how hard is it to follow the continuity of those? Why do we need Emma Frost when she already appeared (as a teenager) in Wolverine? Why do we need Havok when he is now way too old to be Cyke's brother? 

I would've liked a different roster, personally. Maybe Blob and Avalanche, we haven't seen them yet. Banshee is a good addition, as are Beast and Mystique, but other than that I'm not crazy about the roster. 

That said, Fassbender looks like he's going to steal this movie.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mercy_
    @-Eclipse-@The Average Bear Agree with both of your posts.
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @The Dark Huntress: Honestly, Fassbender was the only part of the trailer that I really REALLY liked, which is kinda fitting since I loved McKellan's Magneto. McAvoy as Xavier? Eh, didn't seem that interesting and he certainly isn't the person I would have chosen for such a cerebral character. Charles should SOUND smart, and McAvoy doesn't quite pull it off, for me. 

Just listen to their voices in the trailer. Does Fassbender sound like a young McKellan? Hell yes. Does McAvoy sound like a young Stewart? Not really.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Magian
    @The Average Bear said:
    " I don't think Emma or Havok should be in this. Havok, because this establishes him at an age where he could be Cyclops' father, and Emma because that would 1) Mean she;s ancient nowadays, and 2) makes no sense if this is in anyways a part of the other X-Men movie franchise. The only thing I can think of is she stayed in her diamond form for a few decades. But that seems like a stretch. 

Though, I do hear that this is a reboot, so it could or could not make sense.  

Either way, the trailer looks great. And Micheal Fassbender really made it look like realistic to lift that submarine from the ocean in the last few seconds of the film. His facial expression really showed struggle and a little bit of wonder like "I'm actually doing this". Great coming-into-power Magneto portrayal.
    "
    Pretty much this. Although trailers are always better than the movie nowdays.

@-Eclipse- said:
    " I'm not annoyed by the fact that they're deviating from the comics, just annoyed that they're deviating from their OWN movie continuity. There's 4 movies, how hard is it to follow the continuity of those? Why do we need Emma Frost when she already appeared (as a teenager) in Wolverine? Why do we need Havok when he is now way too old to be Cyke's brother?  I would've liked a different roster, personally. Maybe Blob and Avalanche, we haven't seen them yet. Banshee is a good addition, as are Beast and Mystique, but other than that I'm not crazy about the roster.  That said, Fassbender looks like he's going to steal this movie. "

And I agree with this too.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mercy_
    @-Eclipse- Again, I totally agree.
    queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By queenfrost_

JT!

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By John Valentine

I think this looks pretty good.

Nev-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Nev-man

It has a great director, producer and cast, the only continuity issue I see is Emma Frost inclusion in this and Wolverine Origins, which frankly doesn't bother me as that film bombed critically and commercially. It's not unheard of for a film series to dis-regard a particular instalment.  

The choice of characters is very clever, either using the "older" characters or parents/relatives of pre-established characters is the best way to strengthen the series as a whole. I'm "iffy" with Angel Salvadore's inclusion.

As for respecting the source material, it does a damn good job. I don't want to see my comic frame for frame regurgitated on screen, Zack Snyder tried that and received middling response for 300.  
    This is neither the 616 nor the Ultimate universe. This is the movie universe, and Bryan Singer has already brought us two incredible installments of it. My hopes are high he does it a third time.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

#26  Edited By JonesDeini

Screw this movie. And these guys' reactions to it mean nothing. They have to be politically correct so I doubt this is any of their true feelings. 

Stuka69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27  Edited By Stuka69

Uh, feels like X-men meets Mad Men meets Call of Duty: Black Ops... 

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By desmond006

It looks pretty awsome to me. better than green lantern lol.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By pixelized
    @Gambit1024 said:
    " ...Why are there so many articles about this trailer? "
    LOL.

The trailer was just flash and sparkle, nothing of substance made it a god watch other than the effects.
    Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#30  Edited By turoksonofstone
    @Chris207 said:
    "
    As much as I don't want to dis this movie...I hope it "fails to find its audience" enough for 20th Century Fox to FINALLY SELL THE RIGHTS BACK TO MARVEL STUDIOS so this franchise can be done right! "
    Oh, Hell yes.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#31  Edited By ImperiousRix

I was totally with J.T. Krul until he said the trailer was good.  I just didn't see anything in it to convince me that this movie isn't going to be suck...

Grimmster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Grimmster
    No Caption Provided
    This movie still makes me feel like this! A little scared.
    EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @-Eclipse-: Blob was in wolverine's movie O_O but i agree with everything else ^___^
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34  Edited By EdwardWindsor

slightly worried that they are making Azreal into basicly a red nightcrawler

Avatar image for hrdwrkngxsoldier
    hrdwrkngXsoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 127

#35  Edited By hrdwrkngXsoldier

Wonder what Claremont would have tweeted about it.  Or another X-men contributer.  This is tripe.  please don't settle for Fox's crap people.  This looks about as good as the direct to DVD Man Thing movie.   I can understand alternate realities, but ignoring the continuity already established by your own franchise is just rediculous and absurd.   I'll have to blog about this later.  
    Basically the Uncanny X-men have been a successful franchise, spanning 5 decades.  There is no excuse to rework something proven to work this much.  If the X-Men were the US National Anthem... Brian Singer and Fox would be Christina Aguilera.
    Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36  Edited By Cherry Bomb

Pretty excited! (:  
    I'm gonna put all my comic knowledge aside and just view this as an action movie. The trailer looked awesome and I'm not really bothered about all the continuity with the comics errors. 

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @hrdwrkngXsoldier said:
    "If the X-Men were the US National Anthem... Brian Singer and Fox would be Christina Aguilera. " 

quote of the day :)
    Nateabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Nateabusa

My problem is A. The trailer really doesn't show us anything other than "this is the story of how Professor X and Magneto became enemies...yay?"  B. They have basically said that this is not a sequel, not a reboot, not really connected with ANYTHING that has come before so it's "own stand alone story, but will have nods to other events in both the movies and comics that fans should notice" Umm...WHAT? You can't have it both ways! C. We basically liked the Name "First Class" from the comics and were gonna go with that even though it really has NOTHING to do with it so...don't think about it and just watch cause we need your money (plus unless we make this we have to give back the rights to Marvel and that would suck for us.)

doctorfumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By doctorfumbles

I honestly don't know how I feel about this movie. I mean, the trailer looks good, but a reboot already? But I'm gonna watch it - James McAvoy is in it, and I could watch him do nothing for two hours.

celestial_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By celestial_man

to be honest this trailor looked  so bad that  i had  to remind myself that i was NOT  watching  a trailor  for the old Generation X  Tv movie but actually watching  some  xmen  trailor  that reports to be firstclass  but replaces scott  for  Alex   Jean  for  emma   and  has the wrong person called  angel in it   :(    without a certain Mr drake  in sight.... and  another  thing  i dont want to see a blue beast   allways especially not an ugly  cgi  one  give me  Hanks  classic/ X-factor appeaance anyday of the week...  so whos going to be the villain in  this communisum... some  lame  Azeal charcter that most  people atempt to try and forget or will it be Shaw......   Emmma  Frost  does  not belong  in an Xmen  film  until a few years ago she was only a minor charcter  that gained some measure of  notice in gen X

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @EnSabahNurX: Ah, I had a feeling he'd been in one of them, how could I forget :)
    ClawFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ClawFist
    ULTIMATE X-MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like what the new Spider-Man director said, how he wanted to do something more or less based on Ultimate Spider-Man. I really wouldn't mind seeing an Ultimate X-Men movie type of reboot, I think I'd prefer it actually. I'm defnitely planning on checking out this First Class movie out, but it is very discouraging when you know how the story more or less should involve and the actual movie makes no effort in involving those characters so I can deifintely see where everyone is coming from, if I'm watching this movie for anything, its probably to see the character interaction between Xavier and Magneto, and how well the Hellfire Club is intergrated into the big screen,  

BRING HOME THE BACON!!! Oops lol I meant BRING IT HOME KEVIN BACON!!!  

I don't like however that they're using the same make-up for Mystique, I was hoping this was gonna be a complete reboot and we'd see a more traditional looking Mystique    

taconatsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By taconatsi

Where's Stan Lee?
    Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#44  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
    @RedheadedAtrocitus

I'm real hesitant to pass major judgment on this movie based on the trailer.  Unfortunately it still looks like one of those things that can be either really good, or really bad.  Of course I'll check the movie out, but quite honestly if this movie turns out to flop just like Wolverine Origins and Last Stand did, then I will most likely be of the opinion that maybe we finally should leave mutants off the big screen.  As for who's opinion I agree with, well anything that Mark Millar says I will go along with, and the others make me at least have some ray of hope for the success of this movie.

I agree.
    Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By VampireSelektor
    @-Eclipse-:
    Well, it wouldn't be crazy for the producers to claim that the First Class incarnation of Emma Frost
    is not the same person as Emma... Starfox.
    Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By VampireSelektor
    @lazystudent:  
    What else does Azazel really have going for him? Serving as a rip-off of Belasco?
    SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By SoA
    @Gambit1024:  trying to get us the comic fans hyped up about it, IMO .even tho everything negative i could ever have thought about this movie has come to pass and then some.
    SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By SoA

i didn't  think they could make a bigger flop than wolverine (as far as source material goes ) 
    looking at the trailer its like they blatantly said "we are gnna screw this up so, please no comic fans allowed .. unless you hate marvel" . from storylines to movies im getting more and more turned off by the x-men , which is a damn shame because that is what go me into comics in the first place  . a reboot is one thing but to say this is a prequel and blah, blah, blah , everyone else's complaint , i have no intention of seeing this movie or any other x-men film . not this decade anyhow  . 

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Hellos
    @mooseymcman said:
    "Aside from the obvious lack of Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan, there's nothing there dissuading me from seeing it, but not really enough to make me super excited.  "

He will be missed for this film, at least by me. =(
    Technoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By Technoman

Hope it's good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.