Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men First Class sequel possible plot details

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cattlebattle

Over at Ain't it Cool News they're reporting a rumor about what Fox is cooking up for the X-men.

One of my little birds Weapon X recently dropped me some information that 20th Century Fox had recently registered the title DAYS OF FUTURE PAST with the MPAA Title Registration Bureau. 

For those of you not in the know on X-Men lore, "Days of Future Past" dealt with a time-traveling Kitty Pryde warning the present day X-Men that in the future Sentinels rule the United States and all mutants are put in internment camps.

If true, Fox will probably shy away from this exact story in favor of a version of it to fit this movie universe.

grenade728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By grenade728

I'd like to see some Sentinels, oh and no Havok.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AweSam

@grenade728 said:

I'd like to see some Sentinels, oh and no Havok.

zexion_armando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4  Edited By zexion_armando

I'd be happy with it. Though probably just add Kitty, and ignore Wolverine entirely lol

mr_gone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mr_gone

He said,"Let there be Forge!", and saw that it was good...

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cattlebattle

I think this story is too much like the goings on in the Terminator films, as it did serve as an influence for the story in the first place.......I think its BS honestly

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By moywar700

Are we actually getting real giant robots?I hope they are as big in transformers.There was a sentinel in x-men 1 but I felt cheated because it wasn't shown entirely.They probably did it just to save money. They only got 80 million dollars for the movie but this time, the x-men are running on 200million dollars. Sentinels are really scary, I get goosebumps whenever I see them on a page.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By XsPectre28

It Should Be An Adult Shadowcat & A Younger Rachel Grey....... I Mean If They Are Gonna Do A DOTFP Story Line Rachel Has To Be In It Its Only Right, Wolverine Should Be In It But They Should Either Show Him In His Final Fight Before He Dies Or After He Is Dead They Have His Remains....... Since Most Of The Stories Of X-men To Make It To Film Are Not Comic Exact Then Maybe a Team Consisting Of An Adult Shadowcat, Rachel Grey, Cable( Or A Young Nate Summers), Bishop, Shard & Another Mutant Come To The Past as the Good X-men & The Villian Should Be Bastion Or Nimrod

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rickbarry

I dunno...time travel? Only one movie ever did it right and Michael J. Fox is retired.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By papad1992

@cattlebattle said:

Over at Ain't it Cool News they're reporting a rumor about what Fox is cooking up for the X-men.

One of my little birds Weapon X recently dropped me some information that 20th Century Fox had recently registered the title DAYS OF FUTURE PAST with the MPAA Title Registration Bureau.

For those of you not in the know on X-Men lore, "Days of Future Past" dealt with a time-traveling Kitty Pryde warning the present day X-Men that in the future Sentinels rule the United States and all mutants are put in internment camps.

If true, Fox will probably shy away from this exact story in favor of a version of it to fit this movie universe.

Me no likey!! Seems too complex for a sequel! Maybe for the future down the line but not as the sequel!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cattlebattle
    @papad1992 said:

@cattlebattle said:

Me no likey!! Seems too complex for a sequel! Maybe for the future down the line but not as the sequel!

Its only a rumor.....I think its BS personally...the "universe" the movies are based in have always been more practical and "realistic" I really can't see time travel happening.......although no one really physically time traveled in the story. Time travel is always full of plot holes and confusing as all hell, it actually one of the fiction factors I dislike the most
    artgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By artgamer

i think days of future past are a storyarc confusing for hollywood and non comic reader people, or in general i think a person who is not a casual scifi or fantasy reader can be confused easily, and more if is not accustomed to time traveling sagas, movies, books, etc

and how say @papad1992: is too complex to a movie, plus if i'm not wrong any x-men movie show a sentinel yet, and someone who only watched the movie, just going to say "WTF is this"

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cattlebattle
    @ArtGamer said:

i think days of future past are a storyarc confusing for hollywood and non comic reader people, or in general i think a person who is not a casual scifi or fantasy reader can be confused easily

It basically had the same story as Terminator....people understand and love that movie
    X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By X35

it might just be the case that they are using the name

like how first class had nothing to do with the several x-men comics called first class and wasn't the first class.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By papad1992

@cattlebattle said:

@papad1992 said:

@cattlebattle said:

Its only a rumor.....I think its BS personally...the "universe" the movies are based in have always been more practical and "realistic" I really can't see time travel happening.......although no one really physically time traveled in the story. Time travel is always full of plot holes and confusing as all hell, it actually one of the fiction factors I dislike the most

I hate time travel so much too... it's the one thing I hate the most, and like u said, leaves so many plot holes and fallen leads it's not even funny! But thank G-D this is only a rumor!

artgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By artgamer

@cattlebattle: yeah but usually the marvel and specially x-men comics movies, are all wrong or they change everything and do whatever they want (ex. wolverine origins), i need to discuss alot with my friends to explain how wolverine and sabretooth were not brothers and all that thing

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cattlebattle
    @ArtGamer: That has nothing to do with your original statement, the story in Days of the Fuure Pat" is extremely similar to Terminator as it was likely inspired by it and shouldn't be that hard to follow, whether the aspects are changed dramatically to be confusing remains to be seen.
    artgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By artgamer

@cattlebattle: what i try to say was they usually not adapt the comics very well to the big screen, and change things, so the story can be similar to terminator but remember terminator was made in another time and another hollywood, and now they do what i say in my previous post

at the end who cares, if is good or bad i probably i going to watch it anyway

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@zexion_armando said:

I'd be happy with it. Though probably just add Kitty, and ignore Wolverine entirely lol

MadRooster81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By MadRooster81

@Rickbarry said:

I dunno...time travel? Only one movie ever did it right and Michael J. Fox is retired.

Love This!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.