Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men: First Class Sequel Gets A Screenwriter

• 86 results
    No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here
    By the time they get to the 80s, the girl's uniforms will have shoulder pads and the guys will be wearing member's only jackets.
    By the time they get to the 80s, the girl's uniforms will have shoulder pads and the guys will be wearing member's only jackets.

Well, that’ll relieve anybody's concerns about not getting to see the rest of cinematic X-history filled out.

SHH has just reported that Simon Kinberg's been hired to script a sequel to X-MEN: FIRST CLASS. Usually, that wouldn’t confirm much (scripts can always be tossed out, of course) but considering that he’s an A-list screenwriter whose credits include MR. & MRS. SMITH, SHERLOCK HOLMES and even X-MEN: THE LAST STAND, I’d say there’s a more greater “signal to noise” ratio here. Although, I do expect that at least some of the writers who worked on FIRST CLASS will probably be contributing to subsequent drafts.

There have already been discussions of FIRST CLASS forming a trilogy with this sequel set in the 70s and the following one set in the 80s. I suppose there’s nothing in the first batch of X-movies that rules out a decades long “secret war” between the X-Men and the Brotherhood happening before Wolverine runs in to Rogue. Lord knows there are just oodles of mutants that can’t be retroactively integrated into these movies (even if that isn’t where they debuted, chronologically, in the comics.)

The notion of there being an 80s throwback movie - - perhaps integrating the Australia adventure - - does make me feel old, though.

Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Man of Lengend

sounds good to me. Loved this movie hope they can make the second one even better

VesKaGan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By VesKaGan

Oh no, there goes X4... :(

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By jubilee042

wait how is he A-list if he did the last stand

nakobass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By nakobass

This movie made absolutely no sense to me. The guy who played magneto was great, but that was about it. The plot and characters just held no appeal to me. The only thing that will change my mind on the sequel is Apocalypse and Cable showing up. The Time line is screwed up anyway, might as well put them in there.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PrinceIMC

I say go more with the reboot aspect rather than try to make them connect to the firsy 3 X-Men movies. Bring in Cyclops, Iceman, Jean, Angel and Polaris. Lorna, Alex and Banshee leave to live normal lives.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrinceIMC

@jubilee042 said:

I think X-3 was more ruined by the fact it had 3 different directors.

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jubilee042

@PrinceIMC: wasn't only brett ratner the director

shrmntnk62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shrmntnk62

I thought that First Class was the bst comic movie this year, if not the best movie i saw this year. I really can't wait to see where they go from here. I am a little scared of the the fact that this guy who's writing had anything to do with X3. My hatred for that movie has subsided enough that no longer fills me with rage everytime I see it.

Avatar image for metallicmercury
    MetallicMercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By MetallicMercury

I loved First Class; I can't wait to see what they do with the sequel.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Bestostero

Hopefully they'll get better characters and a better cast.

0xymoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 0xymoron

@jubilee042 said:

Exactly. That movie was trash.

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By TheMess1428

We have enough room to show Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse (maybe). As well as the introductions of Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm. Also Beast in the uniform he put on in THE LAST STAND. And Charles losing his hair. There is plenty of stuff!

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LordRequiem

For a comic book transferred over to the big screen I think it was excellent, the suspense was well handled, the actors were top notch (might I say, McAvoy and Fassbender were excellent in every sense) and it has characters the viewer can invest in (all but Angel Salvadore). Obviously I'd like to see some more display of powers for the next installment, as for new arrivals I think Iceman, Sunspot, Colossus and Pixie to name a few personal faves I believe could fit into this setting with ease. There are undoubtedly hundreds of mutants I haven't named, as for a villain I bet it will be X-men vs. Brotherhood, which is fine, Although I could see someone like Exodus or Stryfe being really good.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LoganRogue24

i hope somebody is keeping kinberg in check cause x-3 was pure crap and he wrote that now iam worried. i hope bryan singer is involved if not it will fail in my opion. just when the x-men franchise had some hope they bring in simon kinberg to fuck it up again thats just great whats next there gonna have brett ratner direct it to.

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

I hope this redeems the trilogy format, because I seen X3 10 times, it hasn't got any better with repeat viewings.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By Kairan1979

I don't want to see the movie about Magneto killing Kennedy with "magic bullet".

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By fodigg

I dig it.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By moywar700

this is pleasing news

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LoganRogue24

you guys are actualy happy kinberg is writeing the sequell to first class iam very worried by this news he is one of the guys who wrote that crap of a film x-men 3 for gods sake. i hope Singer is involved in someway to keep kinberg in check.

MyraMyraMyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MyraMyraMyra

"SHH has just reported that Simon Kinberg's been hired to script a sequel to X-MEN: FIRST CLASS. Usually, that wouldn’t confirm much (scripts can always be tossed out, of course) but considering that he’s an A-list screenwriter whose credits include MR. & MRS. SMITH, SHERLOCK HOLMES and even X-MEN: THE LAST STAND, I’d say there’s a more greater “signal to noise” ratio here."

NOOOOO! This does not bode well. Those three movies have awful scripts. Mr. & Mrs. Smith is so bad it made me cry to think how many endangered species could have been saved with all the money that was wasted on that pile of human waste, and X-Men: The Last Stand is a complete and utter mess of a movie that disgraced the well-made trilogy started by Bryan Singer. Sherlock Holmes is watchable, but only because of the fun action scenes and the manic acting performances. The script of is the weakest part of that movie, too. Fire this guy at once!

X-Men: First Class was a great comic book film. It had it's glitches, and I didn't love everything about it, but overall it was an entertaining movie with some great actors, refreshing visuals, and a good script (which, though, fell a little bit apart near the end, but kept me invested in the plot and in the characters for the most part). I'm really looking forward for the sequel, and I'm praying that it gets a great script. If the writing sucks, the entire movie fails.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BatteredArmor

First class was awful hopefull`second class will be better

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LordRequiem

@LoganRogue24: Yes the story is god awful, I would attribute a percentage of this, to the rushing of filming and production. I read an article somewhere which explained it very well, I shall paraphrase.... sort of. Someone within the industry was bitter that Singer absconded for Superman Returns and therefore decided to screw the team over by forcing an early date or something. Of course there is no excuse for the garbage that was written. Hopefully Vaughn will return to direct, his interpretation was very good, and if Mr. Pinchuk is correct in saying some writers from first class will probably return that's a good sign also.

Golden Cod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Golden Cod

@Kairan1979 said:

I don't want to see the movie about Magneto killing Kennedy with "magic bullet".

Hahahaha this will most definitely be one of scripts submitted. We just can't leave Kennedy alone can we.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#24  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Personally I loved First Class, even though you probably should go into the movie thinking it as an alternate universe, I still enjoyed it very much and look forward to seeing a sequel. But I hope they don't try to tie things up with the previous films, the continuity is already messed up enough for them to try and work those movies in at this point.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AlKusanagi

Said it before and I'll say it again:

1st Class- 60s X-Men

2nd Class- Giant-Sized X-men set in the 70s

3rd Class- New Mutants set in the 80s

-Vigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By -Vigil-

Yay! Now all they have to do is commit to this series being a reboot instead of a prequel, and I'll be happy.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#27  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

I just watched First Class yesterday, not bad, not one of the better X-Men movies and it is pretty weak compared to most of Marvel's movies made in the last decade, not sure it deserves a sequel. WTF was up with Beast's feet and why in the world did they make Havok's powers look like he was using a hula hoop !!!

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lykopis

To me, the X-Men movies are just fluff and nothing I take too seriously. They can have Apocalypse be head master of Xavier's for all I care, lol. The handling of my favourite character Rogue in the movies previously produced, taught me that.

The eighties would be, like, TOTALLY, awesome though, haha. Olivia Newton head bands (hey, great Australian tie-in!)

In the end, any X-Men movie would still get my movie dollars, no matter what they do. And the studios know it.

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

@jubilee042 said:

A-List just means popular, it doesn't mean that you're any good. For instance, Kristen Stewart is an A-List Actress but that doesn't necessarily mean she's a good actress (I don't know if she is as I've never seen any of her films except Panic Room).

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30  Edited By FoxxFireArt

So, the movie gets a screenwriter for a sequel to a movie that I wont be watching. I have no interest in watching X-men First Class. I'm tired for poor interpretations of some of my favorite characters. Wont watch the last one and wont watch this one.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#31  Edited By The Impersonator

Did anyone see Wolverine at the bar? That was funny. Hoping to see the old X-Man cameo in the next one. :P

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cattlebattle  Online
    @AlKusanagi said:

Said it before and I'll say it again:

1st Class- 60s X-Men

2nd Class- Giant-Sized X-men set in the 70s

3rd Class- New Mutants set in the 80s

how could this happen, most of the giant sized X-Men characters don't exist until the original trilogy of X-Men movies (occurs anywhere from 2000 - 2012 approximately)-- Though I have never been to keen on  the New Mutants...I would enjoy seeing them in a film.

@FoxxFireArt said:

So, the movie gets a screenwriter for a sequel to a movie that I wont be watching. I have no interest in watching X-men First Class. I'm tired for poor interpretations of some of my favorite characters. Wont watch the last one and wont watch this one.

You know....your entitled to your opinion, but you do know there is such thing as poor interpretations in the comics as well, right?? Also, the actual X-men comics and comic book films that succeeded the X-Men films borrowed a lot of ideas from the original X-Men movies....you should give them a chance :)
    kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By kiss_lamia

Please tell me January Jones did her research this time and doesn't manage to loook merely bored throughout the whole film emma is cold calculating and damn right evil act like it, don't just think coz your dressed like her your being her, you actually have to act its your job DUH!!!! but on the plus side it wasn't that bad - emma acting and a few cont errors it was pretty good if you don't go expecting it to be comic centered (which i did this time ) let hope it improves more or they replace emma lool

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By SpidermanWins

well this was a given

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
    redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hated first class and its getting a sequel oh great its getting a sequel wow. i dont like the conept of it let along it just screws everything up id rather watch spiderman 3 and x-3 combined (and we all know how bad they were)

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#36  Edited By JonesDeini

@jubilee042 said:

Yeah, only one of those films I can say I enjoyed.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

#37  Edited By JonesDeini

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

i hated first class and its getting a sequel oh great its getting a sequel wow. i dont like the conept of it let along it just screws everything up id rather watch spiderman 3 and x-3 combined (and we all know how bad they were)

Damn! You hated it that much, folk?! lol I went in expecting to hate it with a furious passion, and only went because my dude worked at the theater and got me in free. And you know what, I actually found myself enjoying the movie in spite of itself. I've noticed the more I treat the films like their own section of the multiverse the more I can just kick back and enjoy the show. But not even that approach could help Spidey 3/X-3/The X film that shall not be named...

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

A chronological trilogy huh? Could be the way to go. Interesting to say the least! As for the 70s and 80s angle, well, it could be worse...

sladewilson30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#39  Edited By sladewilson30

I'm just curious what the title will be?

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40  Edited By charlieboy

i liked first class. it was much better than x3 and wolverine.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AlKusanagi

@cattlebattle: I was under the impression that First Class was essentially a reboot and had nothing to do with the previous X-men movies, especially considering how Emma had already been used in Wolverine Origins. The Jackman cameo was just a little fanservice.

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By kiss_lamia
    @AlKusanagi:  In Wolverine Origins there trying to make out it wasn't Emma Frost now its was just some diamond girl even though the actress herself said they told her she was Emma Frost loool silly humans really ROFL
    Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@kiss_lamia said:

@AlKusanagi: In Wolverine Origins there trying to make out it wasn't Emma Frost now its was just some diamond girl even though the actress herself said they told her she was Emma Frost loool silly humans really ROFL

LMAO.

silly humans!! lmaoooo.

Trollkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Trollkin

Anyone else think Darwin will return in the sequel? Pull a Mister Manhattan and adapt to pull himself back together

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By Gambit1024

Hooray! Now get Michael Faoiauhkiujehgitug back as Magneto! (what, that's is last name, isn't it?)

Btw, was First Class ever established as a reboot or is it a prequel?

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46  Edited By FoxxFireArt

@cattlebattle said:

You know....your entitled to your opinion, but you do know there is such thing as poor interpretations in the comics as well, right?? Also, the actual X-men comics and comic book films that succeeded the X-Men films borrowed a lot of ideas from the original X-Men movies....you should give them a chance :)

Why do you think I don't like a lot of what the X-Men comics have been doing. Movies should be based on the content of the comics. Not the other way around. It's one thing to adapt, but changing the entire story is not adapting. It's making up a different story and slapping the X-Men title on it. I'm sick of the movies that do poor interpretations of my favorite characters. There is no point in putting a character in the movie if you are going to change their entire personality, age, and history. It's like that laughable Catwoman movie. There is nothing that says I have to watch these movies. The first one was DOA to me the moment they announced who's playing Emma Frost. I've gone this long without seeing First Class. I can go a lot longer.

Thor was an alright movie, Captain America was good, but I'm skipping these X-Men psuedo-reboots.

@charlieboy said:

i liked first class. it was much better than x3 and wolverine.

That's an awfully low bar to jump.

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By Fantasgasmic

@jubilee042 said:

yeah, that movie sucked hard, and only about half of it was the awful awful script.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By LoganRogue24

in wolverine origins she was never called Emma frost hell she was never called Emma all Kayla told Logan was they have my sister. she never said they got my sister Emma Frost or they got my sister Emma. so in my opion the blond in wolverine origins only had simular powers with Emma Frost now maybe the creatures of the film wanted her to be Emma Frost but sinse shes never called Emma on screen she to me is not the Emma Frost we know.

UnosInfinitos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By UnosInfinitos

@LoganRogue24: All thought we all had a secret underground meeting saying wolverine origins never happened.

Chesapeake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#50  Edited By Chesapeake

@LoganRogue24: You really want to see the glass half full....right?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.