X-Men First Class movie. Who should be in it? *spoilers*

#1 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

This does have some spoilers regarding X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Okay now that Wolverine has come out  you get to see at the end how some X-Men would come to be students of Xavier. Now lets say they do an X-Men: First Class movie that stays in continuity with the previous movies. What X-Men should be in a new series?

So it means no Iceman, Rogue, Colossus, Kitty, Jubilee, Colossus, Angel, Nightcrawler and the like.

I think it should be set 6 months or so after X-Men Origins: Wolverine and feature teenaged Jean, Scott, Emma (nice love triangle there) Beast, Storm and Gambit perhaps as the 'Wolverine' character. (Meaning he gets to come to the school and see it from the outsider's perspective like Logan did in the first X-Men movie.) A little bit of a love story between young Storm and young Gambit would be fun too.

Do we need Magneto in it to show the falling out between Magnus and Xavier? Making Xavier look younger is one thing but would they wanna do that with both Xavier and Magneto? Perhaps deal with the Hellfire Club, Sebastian Shaw trying to assemble his own young mutants. Perhaps succeeding with young Emma finding she has some latent telepathy instead of just a diamond form. Plus you could have the Hellions on the other side.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

#2 Posted by War Killer (19485 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman, Kitty, X-23, Jubilee, Firestar, Rockslide, Dust, Hmmmmm...Now Who Else????

#3 Posted by inferiorego (20586 posts) - - Show Bio

Did they really say they'd stay in continuity with the first three films?

If so, here's who I'd like to see:

Jean, Scott, Prof X, Magneto, Mystique, and Thunderbird.

It would be nice to see a story of the very first team slowly fall apart and Prof & Mags deciding to split ways after the death of Thunderbird. Prof starts the institute, and Mags begins recruiting other mutants (maybe Sabretooth tie-in?) for his own purpose.

Staff
#4 Posted by War Killer (19485 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah they change a few things but I still think the movies were okay

#5 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"Did they really say they'd stay in continuity with the first three films?
Just supposing if they do stay in continuity.....which I think is doubtful. They're more likely to do a reboot I think but if they stuck with what they've done already.

I totally forgot about Thunderbird. That could be awesome, actually killing a character, which has kinda been lacking in the franchise.

I dunno about Mystique cuz then Scott and Jean woulda known her. Though if they make Mystique Magneto's own student, his ace in the hole that'd be cool.
#6 Posted by inferiorego (20586 posts) - - Show Bio
PrinceIMC said:
"inferiorego said:
Just supposing if they do stay in continuity.....which I think is doubtful. They're more likely to do a reboot I think but if they stuck with what they've done already.I totally forgot about Thunderbird. That could be awesome, actually killing a character, which has kinda been lacking in the franchise. I dunno about Mystique cuz then Scott and Jean woulda known her. Though if they make Mystique Magneto's own student, his ace in the hole that'd be cool."
They killed a lot of characters in 3, but there was no character attachment. Scott dies and no one cares, then I got mad. Mystique doesn't have to be Mystique, she's a shape-shifter, call her Raven... boosh, all set.
Staff
#7 Posted by Meteorite (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

PrinceIMC said:

"This does have some spoilers regarding X-Men Origins: Wolverine.Okay now that Wolverine has come out  you get to see at the end how some X-Men would come to be students of Xavier. Now lets say they do an X-Men: First Class movie that stays in continuity with the previous movies. What X-Men should be in a new series?So it means no Iceman, Rogue, Colossus, Kitty, Jubilee, Colossus, Angel, Nightcrawler and the like.I think it should be set 6 months or so after X-Men Origins: Wolverine and feature teenaged Jean, Scott, Emma (nice love triangle there) Beast, Storm and Gambit perhaps as the 'Wolverine' character. (Meaning he gets to come to the school and see it from the outsider's perspective like Logan did in the first X-Men movie.) A little bit of a love story between young Storm and young Gambit would be fun too.Do we need Magneto in it to show the falling out between Magnus and Xavier? Making Xavier look younger is one thing but would they wanna do that with both Xavier and Magneto? Perhaps deal with the Hellfire Club, Sebastian Shaw trying to assemble his own young mutants. Perhaps succeeding with young Emma finding she has some latent telepathy instead of just a diamond form. Plus you could have the Hellions on the other side.Anyone else have any thoughts?"

For Emma's telepathy they could make it she has mental blocks like Jean Grey originally in the comics.

#8 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"PrinceIMC said:
"inferiorego said:
Just supposing if they do stay in continuity.....which I think is doubtful. They're more likely to do a reboot I think but if they stuck with what they've done already.I totally forgot about Thunderbird. That could be awesome, actually killing a character, which has kinda been lacking in the franchise. I dunno about Mystique cuz then Scott and Jean woulda known her. Though if they make Mystique Magneto's own student, his ace in the hole that'd be cool."
They killed a lot of characters in 3, but there was no character attachment. Scott dies and no one cares, then I got mad. Mystique doesn't have to be Mystique, she's a shape-shifter, call her Raven... boosh, all set."
True. Though I don't buy that Scott was really killed. If they do an X-Men 4 I'm counting on Emma to find her childhood sweetheart Scott wandering around the wilderness with no memory and restores him. I figure he's not dead until you see a body. And all the other deaths were nobody characters. I mean Quill? C'mon. Introducing a character to kill him would be kinda edgy. Though all of us comic fans would be expecting it.

As for Mystique yeah that could work.
#9 Posted by inferiorego (20586 posts) - - Show Bio

This time, they need to focus on character and character development moreso than introducing random characters, this is a GIANT reason the last film failed. Too many characters, not enough story

Staff
#10 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"This time, they need to focus on character and character development moreso than introducing random characters, this is a GIANT reason the last film failed. Too many characters, not enough story"
Yeah having three directors over the course of the production hurt so I think they compensated by trying to stick in everyone they could. 'Lets get 3 blonde girls. They can be the Cuckoos.' 'Lets get a big fat guy that shrinks, he can be Phat.' 'Lets get an asian girl she can be Psylocke of Kwannon' but they were all so vague and wasted that they should be ignored if they do another movie anyway.
#11 Posted by Meteorite (3347 posts) - - Show Bio
PrinceIMC said:
"inferiorego said:
"This time, they need to focus on character and character development moreso than introducing random characters, this is a GIANT reason the last film failed. Too many characters, not enough story"
Yeah having three directors over the course of the production hurt so I think they compensated by trying to stick in everyone they could. 'Lets get 3 blonde girls. They can be the Cuckoos.' 'Lets get a big fat guy that shrinks, he can be Phat.' 'Lets get an asian girl she can be Psylocke of Kwannon' but they were all so vague and wasted that they should be ignored if they do another movie anyway."
Psylocke was horrible. Cameos are okay, but when they try to give them a role it fails. Majorly.
#12 Posted by inferiorego (20586 posts) - - Show Bio
PrinceIMC said:
"inferiorego said:
Yeah having three directors over the course of the production hurt so I think they compensated by trying to stick in everyone they could. 'Lets get 3 blonde girls. They can be the Cuckoos.' 'Lets get a big fat guy that shrinks, he can be Phat.' 'Lets get an asian girl she can be Psylocke of Kwannon' but they were all so vague and wasted that they should be ignored if they do another movie anyway."
i did enjoy the integration of an Allread (X-Statix) character
Staff
#13 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually Havok, Polaris, maybe Sage and possibly Sunfire should be in this too. Start setting up reasons why some of them aren't X-Men in the future either. Maybe even some of the Deadly Genesis X-Men. How awesome would it be to see Darwin in a movie?

#14 Posted by inferiorego (20586 posts) - - Show Bio
PrinceIMC said:
"Actually Havok, Polaris, maybe Sage and possibly Sunfire should be in this too. Start setting up reasons why some of them aren't X-Men in the future either. Maybe even some of the Deadly Genesis X-Men. How awesome would it be to see Darwin in a movie?"
You make the team too big and the story suffers
Staff
#15 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"PrinceIMC said:
"Actually Havok, Polaris, maybe Sage and possibly Sunfire should be in this too. Start setting up reasons why some of them aren't X-Men in the future either. Maybe even some of the Deadly Genesis X-Men. How awesome would it be to see Darwin in a movie?"
You make the team too big and the story suffers"
Yeah I know. Okay no Sage and no Sunfire. But Polaris as Magneto's daughter would be a good story. And after killing off Thunderbird they can find Scott's brother Havok in the end for the next movie. Rotate the characters out a bit. Emma and Beast go off at the end of one, bring in Havok and Darwin in another movie. I know I'm jumping pretty far ahead.
#16 Posted by BlacksmithAntdc (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Despite being a big X-Men fan I am realistic about the type of characters who you could honestly include in this...

For it to be a success (and somewhere near canon) it would be probably have Scott, Jean, Hank and then... God knows... someone like Dazzler maybe?  Young Storm? 

I would love to see a 'New X-Men' film as much as anyone but people who aren't real fans wont associate with X-23, Dust, etc because it's all too confusing and to dumb it down doesn't suit either the fans or the laymans...

#17 Posted by WonderBoy1132 (276 posts) - - Show Bio

well, I'd like to see the actual first class x-men...

cyclopes, beast, angel, iceman, and jean grey (marvel girl) and of course professor x

magneto should most def be in it.

and if they want to follow up that movie they could do the new recruits when they brought in storm and wolverine etc...

I say stay far away from the other three movies and stay closer to the actual comics.

#18 Posted by sora_thekey (8107 posts) - - Show Bio
@WonderBoy1132 said:
"well, I'd like to see the actual first class x-men... cyclopes, beast, angel, iceman, and jean grey (marvel girl) and of course professor xmagneto should most def be in it. and if they want to follow up that movie they could do the new recruits when they brought in storm and wolverine etc... I say stay far away from the other three movies and stay closer to the actual comics. "

If htis is made into a reboot then it should be just like this.....

If not then Jean, Scott, Emma, Beast, Storm and maybe try a Gambit and it could be X-men up against the Hellfire Club end it with Emma leaving with them....

Or do something like this (adding cyclops of course):

#19 Posted by buttersdaman000 (8796 posts) - - Show Bio

i think we should probably have a series of films that go something like this....

movie 1
jean, scott, iceman, beast, angel, and thunderbird are all recrutied by professor x to be his mutant team and the move starts out introducing the characters and there lives. we find out that prof x recently had a falling out with magneto and magneto now want to kill humans along with his team. xmen fight the brotherhood and thunderbird ends up dying in the end. xmen win and at the end of the movie angel and maybe beast or iceman leave the team for some r&r. shortly afterwards wolverine, storm, collosus, and maybe nightcrawler are recruited by X to join his team. after credits can show magneto swaearing revenge or something.

movie 2
movie opens up with the new x team beating up a minor threat and saving civilian lives. however, instaed of being thanked they are ridiculed and called mean names. this movie deals with the government labeling mutants as a threat and deploying senitels to destroy them. also reverend stryker and the purifiers can be thrown in there also. we start delving deeper into characters personalites also like scott and wolverines rivalry, love triangle, secret past and stuff like that. this movie also has cameos from different characters like maybe havok and kitty or whoever. the xmen go to space to finish off the senitel makers and on thier way back jean must save them all and she ends up becoming phoenix. in the end xmen defeat thier enemies with only some extra character deaths......like icarus can be thrown in there and killed by stryker. the end of the movie is also the begiinning of the next movie as the xmen prepare to go into space!!!

movie 3 
movie 3 deals with the dark phoenix saga and the hellfire club is also envoleved with emma having a large role

movie 4
jean is dead and the xmen are sad. emma frost comes in and she joins the team however nobody likes her. her and scott begin a relationhip. kitty becomes part of the team and the storyline can maybe be about the fall of the mutants, onslaught, or whatever...

you cant do the xmen in a trilogy so the number of movies is really up to imagination but eventually i would like to see AoA fittted into a movie and then maybe house of M and the messiah storry line

#20 Posted by jeangreydonnatroy (65 posts) - - Show Bio
jean
scott
iceman
angel
beast

1st 5

#21 Posted by ColossusX (11 posts) - - Show Bio

i think making a first class movie would be good with like, scott, jean, beast, storm, emma...ppl like that...but iceman and angel cant be in it. iceman is only shown as a teenager in the first 3 films, and the first class movie would be about 15-20 in the past (mabe more), so the movie iceman would never have been born yet....with angel, he was only introduced into the 3rd film, and no one knows about him, so....they cant. it would mess up the films. psylocke in x3 was lame...they changed her powers and made her weird. if they made her having telepathy or teleknisis...sure, but not,, shadow teleporting or invisility or w.e she had.

#22 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Quote from the first X-Men movie:

"Cyclops, Storm, and Jean were some of my first students"

So, go figure.

#23 Posted by sora_thekey (8107 posts) - - Show Bio
ColossusX said:
i think making a first class movie would be good with like, scott, jean, beast, storm, emma...ppl like that...but iceman ... [more]

But this is a re-launch.....
#24 Posted by XmenFanx (1 posts) - - Show Bio

wow! i like this idea!taking place a couple months or so after x-men origins wolverine! great ideas guys!! i knew that the ending of xmow was a possible set up for first class! if u have any x-men related questions or news, contact me at,www.youtube.com/user/xmenfanx

thanx

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.