Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men: First Class Information Emerges

• 150 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    X-Men: First Class is a movie we just can't stop talking about. Rumors about the movies casting are flying, and I'm getting antsy to see this thing. Im left to wonder, what's going on in Matthew Vaughn's head. AICN spoke with Producer Bryan Singer and apparently some of the beans were spilled. 

No Caption Provided
    The movie will take place during the 1960s in the time of JFK, Martin Luthor King and Malcom X. We'll see the first meeting between Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr. Xavier will not be in his wheelchair and we'll get to see how he came to need one and also he'll still have hair (so no bald James McAvoy?). 

Singer said this won't be your typical X-Men film since it's set in the 60s. The costumes will be "more comic bookish" and we wont' see characters like Scott and Jean but apparently we will see Havok

January Jones and Kevin Bacon will bring in the Hellfire Club as Emma Frost and Sebastian Shaw (has Bacon been officially confirmed as Shaw?). 
     == TEASER == 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    I'm not really sure what to make of this information. I am surprised if this is the direction they go. I don't know how a 'superhero' movie set in the 60s will do. Will the entire movie be set in the 60s? If there's a sequel, would it stick close to this time period (so McAvoy and Fassbender can still appear in the sequel)? With Emma being tied to the Hellfire Club, obviously this movie can't have any connections to X-Men Origins: Wolverine

I do like the idea of the X-Men (if they're actually called that in this movie) having old-school costumes. If the movie is set in the 60s this makes complete sense versus the leather biker look they had in the other movies.  

I think the main thing here is to keep in mind this will not be a 100% faithful comic book adaption. It can't be and won't be. We need to go into it hoping it will be entertaining. We can't expect it to be like the comic books. As long as Deadpool from X-Men Origins: Wolverine doesn't appear, I think we might be okay.
    Sarpio__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sarpio__

D:  
    [quote]  The costumes will be "more comic bookish" and we wont' see characters like Scott and Jean but apparently we will see Havok. [/quote] 
    I hope that's just the first 10 minutes, because if Jean and Scott get written out of an other X-men film, I might cry. :/

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Magian

So it's officially a reboot? I'm really curious to see how this movie will turn out.

elevatorparty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By elevatorparty

So it will be a movie that explains the reason Xavier set up the Academy and then the X-men. I'm guessing that it will involve a difference of opinion between X and Magneto over whether or not to train the children to use their powers for combat purposes. Xavier will only want them to be able to assimilate and Magneto will believe that they will need to become soldiers. This difference of opinion will end when the two men fight and Xavier refuses to telepathically kill Magneto and gets crippled. Then the Hellfire club will enter the scene and create a need for the X-men as Shaw and the Frost try to recruit the same little mutants that Xavier and Magneto are searching for. Thusly creating a reason for Magneto and Xavier to work together to free the mutant children from the Hellfire club.  And along the way we meet young versions of all the characters we know will one day be X-men such as Beast, Iceman, Jean grey. 
    That'd be my idea for the story anyway.  

Oh and also i would give Sebastien Shaw the same powers as Sinister because they would make a more formidable opponent and look much better on-screen. With shaw adding the power of each new mutant to his own powerset

ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By ComicCrazy

ok setting it in the sixties makes sense and having old style costumes is sweet but WTF they are not going to have Scott or Jean it doesn't make sense the whole point of First Class is it's just the five original members that started it all but this is ridiculous and this is also not going to be average movigoer friendly but I will say I am kinda excited to see how they do it and stuff and the sixties setting just sounds awesome. I'll see it but I'm on the fence about wether it will work out well or not.
    SnottyCane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By SnottyCane

seriously???????? why has he got hair?????
    TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheMess1428

No Scott or Jean? That'll be very lame. 

So maybe they'll explore Beast having an "old" costume in X-Men 3.

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Cherry Bomb

There can be no X-Men: First Class film without Scott and Jean! ... ¬_¬

ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ironshadow

With no Cyclops and Jean this movie doesn't stand a chance.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Bestostero

I'm actually thinking this will be somewhat like a Prequel trilogy with a new main core team cast.  (Kinda like Star Wars did with their prequel/sequel trilogies, you got Luke/Leia/Han versus Obi-Wan/Padme/Anakin)
     So I'm thinking the original big six Cyclops/Jean/Wolverine/Storm/Rogue/Iceman, will be replaced with maybe... Havok/Polaris/Warpath(Or Thunderbird)/Psylocke/Wolfsbane/Cannonball. Havok and Polaris were always the "Jean and Scott" Lite Version, Warpath could be the new bad boy, Psylocke can be the new ethnic/exotic instructor, and Wolfsbane and Cannonball can be the current students at the time...lol   Or actually Havok/Polaris/Banshee/Psylocke/Wolfsbane/Cannonball would be better...having Banshee as the ethnic instructor and Psylocke can be the "Bad girl" lol

Avatar image for ironspidy_rooney
    IronSpidy-Rooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12  Edited By IronSpidy-Rooney

I thought Cyclopes was casted in the film ?

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

No Cyclops and Jean? Really?

Well, that's ok....

WAIT, NO IT FREAKING ISN'T. IM BOYCOTTING THIS FILM AS OF RIGHT NOW.

DON'T SEE THIS CRAP, RENT OR BUY SCOTT PILGRIM INSTEAD.

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

#14  Edited By shawn87

how can they not have Cyclops

Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lokheit

Ugggghhh they replaced Alice Eve (1982) for January Jones (1978) who is even older when the majority of the "first class" (it was hard to type it knowing what it's going to be) cast is aroubd 1990... definetly, it seems like she will end as the love interest of Charlie-X... Ugggggghhhhh

BoozCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BoozCheese

NO CYCLOP'S??? what the heck? Throw in characters we dont give a S*** about?  Havok isnt even that cool of a character to lead a team. Is Emma Frost gonna be like 60 years old when she ends up dating scott in the future x movies?

igman51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By igman51

scot, jean, henry,bobby,warren  are the original core, havok comes later on. wtf......is going on here...omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Chibi-Iroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Chibi-Iroh

Pardon my French but how in the hell are you gong to have a movie named X-men First Class and not have the actual first class.

howlettgrowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By howlettgrowl

uhhh....you might as well get Ken and Ryu in First Class...you Hollywood fools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SupremoMaximo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By SupremoMaximo

Yet we will all still go see it  when it comes out.

Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bandito
    @BoozCheese said:
    " NO CYCLOP'S??? what the heck? Throw in characters we dont give a S*** about?  Havok isnt even that cool of a character to lead a team. Is Emma Frost gonna be like 60 years old when she ends up dating scott in the future x movies? "
    Sorry if this spoils something for you, but Scott died in X-Men 3, so they don't end up dating.  Also, their relationship was a product of the comics, and none of the X-Men movies so far have been based on comics.  Also, you're making a big assumption that we'll ever see more X-movies set after the originals.  More than likely, this movie will tank and Fox will reboot it (in lieu of letting the rights revert to Marvel) in three years.
    Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bandito
    @Chibi-Iroh said:
    " Pardon my French but how in the hell are you gong to have a movie named X-men First Class and not have the actual first class. "
     It is A First Class not THE First Class.  None of the X-Men movies have been totally faithful to the comics; we've already seen that Angel and Iceman weren't veterans of the team in the original movies. 

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to hate and fear this movie, but the fact that they're changing the cast from the Stan/Jack lineup of 1963 shouldn't surprise anyone. 

Everyone take a deep breath.  Accept that this franchise will continue to disappoint its fanbase and move on.
    whirlwind6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By whirlwind6

This isn't going to be anything like the comics... 
    1: The professor lost his hair at a very young age (6 or 7). 
    2: It's set in the sixties, yet one of the team memebers is Cyclops YOUNGER  brother? 
    3: Prof. X was crippled by a very minor villian who just fought the X-men twice!!!  I'm pretty sure he's not going to make it to the silver screen!!!
    Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bandito
    @whirlwind6: In the Ultimate universe, Magneto tossed a spike (or tree branch) through Xavier during their breakup.  I wouldn't be surprised if they go with something like that here.
    BuddyBulson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BuddyBulson
    @ComicMan24: 

not a reboot at all Vaughn said he is going to tie it to the other films. hence no characters from the real 1st class appear. Emma still might end up in a cage at the end with Cyke.
    BuddyBulson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BuddyBulson
    @ComicCrazy: 

the reason Jean and Scott arnt in it is b/c this is the Movies First Class not the comics, Scott is 28 in the first X-film he would be in the 60s.
    Bossjugg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bossjugg

should have just kept the original five and set it in the sixty's no one would be complaining then

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's official, this movie is going to suck, before anyone says, "duh just because it doesn't follow the comics doesn't mean the movie will" Do you how many comic book fail when they don't stick to the source, quite alot e.g. batman & robin, catwoman, X-men 3, Wolverine's Orgins(even though the PS3/Xbox 360 version of the game was good) spider-man 3    
    Chibi-Iroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Chibi-Iroh
    @Bandito:  Hope this doesnt spoil something for you but you do know at the end of X3 after the credits roll there is a scene that show's Professor X's mind inside of the body of the comatose man that was in Moira's lab. Leading people to believe that neither he nor Scott were killed only moved to another place.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#30  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Bossjugg said:
    " should have just kept the original five and set it in the sixty's no one would be complaining then "
    Exactly, the film writes itself. It's amazing they've managed to **** up this bad.
    Chibi-Iroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Chibi-Iroh

If Storm isn't going to be in the movie then how are they going to show Xavier becoming crippled? I mean didn't he become paralyzed in a rock slide trying to save her from Shadowking?

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Nova`Prime`

LOL when did an XMen movie stick 100% to the comic book? I am glad I am not an XMen fan or I would be rather irritated that this movie is being run into the ground before it can start.

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Shadowdoggy

so.....how is Darwin going to be in it if it takes place in the 60's???? 
    I'm confused

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By Chaos Burn

So it isn't really X-men: First Class.... it's X-Men: Fox's Class

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @Chaos Burn:
    aka X-Men: NO class
    agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By agent9149

i am going to be sending angry letters soon

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Even though it's pure BS, i like to think of it as an alternate reality :P 

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx:
    that's a good way to do it 
    they should just have Cable or Bishop show up  and "change history" 
    now THAT'D be a reboot fitting a marvel movie
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By SevanGrim

question: how do you turn off the masses to comics books?
    answer: Make a bunch of movies that everyone knows and loves, then make completely unrelated movies about the exact same characters. Oh, and be sure that none of the films follow the comics. we dont want the confused ones to be able to sort it all out with the pre-existing literature!

seriously. Punisher, Hulk, and soon X-men and Spider-man. Why the hell dont they just take the time to make a GOOD movie, instead of spewing out crap and then pulling the "re-do" card? why the hell cant they just work with the 60 years of time honored comic stories, instead of making up their own hyper gorry/teen-drama/ uber-goofy stories? making a comic movie "not based on teh comic" is the stupidest idea in the world, and it keeps failing. And they KEEP DOING IT!!!

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By WARLOCK2792

I can't wait........................................I immediately thought "Watchmen"?  But whatevs.  However, I strongly feel that if they want this movie to have a stronger standing, they need characters who people are actually familiar with.  Cause the cast, as it stands, looks like sh*t.  Zoe Kravitz?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Gambit1024

...So it's a period piece?

Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Kid_Zombie

this movie sounds like shit. Classic costumes sounds cool, but everything else sounds like garbage. No Cyclops? but havok? really? f this crap

comicscott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By comicscott

awesome i love the x-men
    Avatar image for spider_man_2996
    spider-man 2996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#44  Edited By spider-man 2996

O GOD THATS ALL I CAN SAY O GOD
    MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

#45  Edited By MrMazz

hate to be a debby downer but this is fox making the movie and they have liked to tamper with what there hired writers write so im still not feelin with this one i love a lot of the cast but my inner comic nerd says no if they can make a compelling story good for them they need it 

CykeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CykeX

So, the movie verse has complete destroyed  the character of Cyclops.He a side character in first movie , was hardly in the second , could barely be called part of the cast in the third one, and now they just completely remove him?

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47  Edited By EdwardWindsor

iiam kinnda dissapointed with what i haev heard so far. I will watchit but it best not tb the new x3 lol

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#48  Edited By sora_thekey
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    "IM BOYCOTTING THIS FILM AS OF RIGHT NOW."
    Get in line... some people have been doing this since the moment they found out Emma and Mystique were cast... some even before that!
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Magian
    @sora_thekey said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    "IM BOYCOTTING THIS FILM AS OF RIGHT NOW."
    Get in line... some people have been doing this since the moment they found out Emma and Mystique were cast... some even before that! "
    It's a big line, I see.
    Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Bandito
    @White Mage said:
    "

I can't wait........................................I immediately thought "Watchmen"?  But whatevs.  However, I strongly feel that if they want this movie to have a stronger standing, they need characters who people are actually familiar with.  Cause the cast, as it stands, looks like sh*t.  Zoe Kravitz?

"
    Which in itself will be a problem, because WHEN this film fails miserably, it will only serve to reinforce the idea that you cannot make an X-Men movie without Wolverine.  He is the cash cow and that's all the execs will care about.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.