X-Men: Endangered Species; An X-Man is going to DIE...

#1 Posted by G-Man (34149 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man. I just got an e-mail from Marvel with a preview. There's a big funeral scene and later you can pretty much tell who dies. This is crazy stuff. I almost don't know if I want to put up the preview. I'll let you guys ruminate and discuss who you think (or maybe hope) it'll be. I'll put up the preview with a Spoiler warning later tonight.

Staff
#2 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Spoilers don't bother me, so I'll be looking forward to it.

I hope it's Cyclops.

#3 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

Please let it be Cyclops.

#4 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Walkingstone says:

"Please let it be Cyclops."

Heh, one of the reasons I like you.

#5 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Lots of great information has been available on the X-Men: Endangered Species page ; )

You should put the preview in the image gallery for everyone who wants to see it.
Post Edited:2007-05-25 18:30:27

#6 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, I just read your page there. Nice job, but I hope that some of the stuff in the Rumors and Speculation box is untrue.

Jubilee coming back?

Shudders

The case is building that you work for Marvel.

#7 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Prodigious Man says:

"Ok, I just read your page there. Nice job, but I hope that some of the stuff in the Rumors and Speculation box is untrue.Jubilee coming back?*Shudders*The case is building that you work for Marvel."

I don't remember putting that in... Hmmm. Everything in the speculation is just stuff I heard may happen.

#8 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still pulling for Cyclops, but the more I think about it the more I think it's going to be somebody I'll really miss.

#9 Posted by G-Man (34149 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Storm is coming back in Uncanny #487. http://www.comicvine.com/ed-brubaker/41468/news/&newsId=118 And it sure looks like someone is going to die. I'm gonna put up the preview shortly. There's a tombstone with the person's name and it appears to be from page 11. So it's not like a fake cover image thing.

Staff
#10 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh crap! That's a killer!

no pun intended

#11 Posted by G-Man (34149 posts) - - Show Bio

Right before I posted it, I looked again. There's some other tombstones there. Pryde? Is Kitty's dad buried there? He died in Genosha. Not sure about her mom. Grey I'm assuming is Jean. Then is that Bishop right behind Wolvie? I can't read the one in the back with the long name. I tried zooming in but I don't have CSI equipment to clean it up. Does Wolvie look older? Maybe it's a lame future pic. Also if the person really is buried there, wouldn't they be buried in another country because of their spouse?

Staff
#12 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"#SPOILERS...probably#Right before I posted it, I looked again. There's some other tombstones there. Pryde? Is Kitty's dad buried there? He died in Genosha. Not sure about her mom. Grey I'm assuming is Jean. Then is that Bishop right behind Wolvie? I can't read the one in the back with the long name. I tried zooming in but I don't have CSI equipment to clean it up. Does Wolvie look older? Maybe it's a lame future pic. Also if the person really is buried there, wouldn't they be buried in another country because of their spouse?"

I'm saying lame future pic or something. I saw that somewhere a day or so ago. There's no way on God's green Earth they're going to kill off all of those major players. Marvel doesn't have the balls. Go ahead and say it, P-Man, this type of criticism could only come from someone that works at Marvel. Further proof for you.
Post Edited:2007-05-25 22:25:38

#13 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmmmmm.......DC employee then? Not so certain now.

Anyways, I'll go look again. Either way, this looks like a fantastic issue, especially in conjunction with #200.

#14 Posted by G-Man (34149 posts) - - Show Bio

But also note that the character that is supposedly dead is not in the funeral pics. We know this person is in the series now, as mentioned above.

Staff
#15 Posted by -000 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind if Bishop was killed off. I think the scene is from the future though.

#16 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, two things. First, the last pic is some sort of future version, all the graves are those of X-Men and Wolverine is old and grey, plus the last tombstone is either Juggernaut or Colossus. Second, the funeral is for Bobby Drake, aka Iceman. I have no proof but remember you heard it from me first, Iceman is gonna die.

#17 Posted by nightmere master (53 posts) - - Show Bio

ICEMAN ICEMAN OH DIE ICEMAN!!!!!!!

#18 Posted by Tawa Pax (356 posts) - - Show Bio

Prodigious Man says:

"Ok, I just read your page there. Nice job, but I hope that some of the stuff in the Rumors and Speculation box is untrue. Jubilee coming back? *Shudders* The case is building that you work for Marvel."

Hey, leabe my girl alone ;-) I saw that last pic in the spoilers though. That would seriously suck. I go with Walkingstone: make it Cyclops.

#19 Posted by fesak (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like it's Cannonball's funeral to me. Isn't it the Guthrie family on the left side?

#20 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

please the preview of the the issue i want to know who it is because i wont be able to pick it up when it comes out and i hope to the almighty god the morlocks arnt all killed off becuase they are my favorite team next to xmen
Post Edited:2007-05-26 09:03:13

#21 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Tawa Pax says:

"Prodigious Man says:
"Ok, I just read your page there. Nice job, but I hope that some of the stuff in the Rumors and Speculation box is untrue. Jubilee coming back? *Shudders* The case is building that you work for Marvel."
Hey, leabe my girl alone ;-) I saw that last pic in the spoilers though. That would seriously suck. I go with Walkingstone: make it Cyclops."

Cyclops is standing right there next to Hank and Emma

#22 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be great.

#23 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"That would be great."

Your the last person I would expect to say that. Kill Iceman or Beast, but leave Storm alone.

#24 Posted by Octagon Enigma (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Gambler says:

"Buckshot says:
"That would be great."

Your the last person I would expect to say that. Kill Iceman or Beast, but leave Storm alone."

What did Beast do wrong...

#25 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Gambler says:

"Buckshot says:
"That would be great."
Your the last person I would expect to say that. Kill Iceman or Beast, but leave Storm alone."
Why? I never really liked her and I liked it better when Black Panther was alone and didn't have to answer to anyone. They can't break up after the huge deal their wedding was, so killing her is a good option. I like Iceman and Beast.
Post Edited:2007-06-21 14:47:57
#26 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Enigma says:

"Lord Gambler says:
"Buckshot says:
"That would be great."
What did Beast do wrong..."

I hate Beast, always have. The only time he was cool was when he was evil and I believe that was an alternate time line or something. Beck was cool, Casandra Nova was good and there was one Sentential left and it was good.

Buckshot: Thats the whole point, they $#@!ed up marring them so now there just going to kill her off, its BS.

#27 Posted by Octagon Enigma (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Gambler says:

"Octagon Enigma says:
"Lord Gambler says:
"Buckshot says:
"That would be great."

I hate Beast, always have. The only time he was cool was when he was evil and I believe that was an alternate time line or something. Beck was cool, Casandra Nova was good and there was one Sentential left and it was good.

Buckshot: Thats the whole point, they $#@!ed up marring them so now there just going to kill her off, its BS."

You talkin' 'bout the AoA Dark Beast.

#28 Posted by -000 (226 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Octagon Enigma (2121 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Enigma says:

"Lord Gambler says:
"Octagon Enigma says:
"Lord Gambler says:
"Buckshot says:
"That would be great."
I hate Beast, always have. The only time he was cool was when he was evil and I believe that was an alternate time line or something. Beck was cool, Casandra Nova was good and there was one Sentential left and it was good. Buckshot: Thats the whole point, they $#@!ed up marring them so now there just going to kill her off, its BS."
You talkin' 'bout the AoA Dark Beast."

No, that was Dark Beast, wasnt there an arc where Beast turned evil and genetically made Nightcrawlers that had Cyclop's powers? Age of Extinction or something like that.

#31 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Here Comes Tomorrow. It was an alternate future where Scott didn't hook up with Emma. It wasn't Beast though, just a parasite using his body.
Post Edited:2007-06-21 15:26:21

#32 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Here Comes Tomorrow. It was an alternate future where Scott didn't hook up with Emma. It wasn't Beast though, just a parasite using his body.
Post Edited:2007-06-21 15:26:21"

Either way he was a badass in that arc. All I'm saying is if there gonna kill somebody they should pick a character that makes people go "OOHHHH #@!$" and killing Storm aint it.

#33 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

True, Storm isn't THAT influential. Professor on the other hand...

#34 Posted by Octagon Enigma (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Gambler says:

"Buckshot says:
"Here Comes Tomorrow. It was an alternate future where Scott didn't hook up with Emma. It wasn't Beast though, just a parasite using his body.

Either way he was a badass in that arc. All I'm saying is if there gonna kill somebody they should pick a character that makes people go "OOHHHH #@!$" and killing Storm aint it."

What if they killed Wolverine? People would say that then.

#35 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Enigma says:

"Lord Gambler says:
"Buckshot says:
Either way he was a badass in that arc. All I'm saying is if there gonna kill somebody they should pick a character that makes people go "OOHHHH #@!$" and killing Storm aint it."
What if they killed Wolverine? People would say that then."

Not really, the've done that before. Days of Future Past. And nobody would believe he was going to stay dead.

#36 Posted by Octagon Enigma (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Gambler says:

Not really, the've done that before. Days of Future Past. And nobody would believe he was going to stay dead."

But what if they did make him stay dead...

#37 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Enigma says:

"Lord Gambler says:
Not really, the've done that before. Days of Future Past. And nobody would believe he was going to stay dead."
But what if they *did* make him stay dead..."

Never gonna happen.

#38 Posted by Naruto Uzumaki (452 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Buckshot says:
"That would be great."

why iceman i think he is cool

#39 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever, these Muties die like hotcakes. Tell me, when, 6 years from now, the character stays dead. THEN I'll be impressed.

#40 Posted by Blowout (217 posts) - - Show Bio

i can imagine the death being beast. maybe he will sacrifice his life in searching for someway to bring up the mutant population. the death is not going to be cyclops for sure because he is a major character in the next storyline "the messiah complex". but it might not even matter who dies because they will come back eventually anyways, just like psylocke and colossus.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.