X-Men Divided we Fall

• 73 results
#1 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

Spoilers

=======

So I just got done reading the first X story post MC and loved it. There is very little action but still the scenes with Emma and Scott show just how deep there relationship is, and a side of the White Queen I've never seen. Cyclops is finally being pushed to the forefront of the X-Universe (as he should) with insights into his thought process and how he's always sizing someone of thing up. He's a methodical tactician and there showing it. (while he and Emma vacation in the Savage Land)

Iron Man even makes an appearance in his new role as government lap dog, informing Scott of the governments desire to get the X-Men registered. But that convo falls short as Scott ain't having it. (possible setting up a confrontation down the road)

Beast has been sent in search of Xavier. (cause no one actually believes he's dead)

Angel has stumbled upon something strange in San Fransisco (go figure) where apparently time has been set back to the 1950s. This explains the upcoming cover with a hippie looking X-team.

I'll throw up a couple scans from this iss cause I'm a nice guy.

#2 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it but I didn't get the Beast/Xavier thing. Xavier "died" right in front of them. I know he's not dead, but are they saying that wasn't even his body?

#3 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

GOD DAMN HIPPIES! I HATE HIPPIES!

-Eric Cartman.

And I love the part where: "So, do you want us to register for being born?"

#4 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I liked it but I didn't get the Beast/Xavier thing. Xavier "died" right in front of them. I know he's not dead, but are they saying that wasn't even his body?"

Skrull.....

jk

#5 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I liked it but I didn't get the Beast/Xavier thing. Xavier "died" right in front of them. I know he's not dead, but are they saying that wasn't even his body?"

I'm not sure. The body did disappear so maybe that means something to them, and it will be explained later? I really don't know.

I mean we as the reader already know he isn't dead, that in fact he's in a coma, but where exactly he's at and why his body vanished are still up in the air.

#6 Posted by Alexandria Harkness (706 posts) - - Show Bio

I stopped reading like 2 sentences into the post, I just came in cos you made it Gambler :P

#7 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice. thanx Gambler.

I was hopeing Tony and Scott would throw down. Oh well theres always next time. I like how he lighted his eyes up some under his glasses though. Cyclops has always been in the background due to other characters. Hopefully they will continue to show him being the bad@$$ leader his is.

Beast looking for the Prof, well we will have to see where that goes. Wasnt there a picture showing Mags and Exodus haveing him?

If I was Angle I'd go party with them too :)

#8 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

Alexandria Harkness says:

"I stopped reading like 2 sentences into the post, I just came in cos you made it Gambler :P"

I feel special now :D

#9 Posted by Alexandria Harkness (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#10 Posted by Alexandria Harkness (706 posts) - - Show Bio

#11 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Makes me wonder what mojo they will work on him. Can you imagine if they bring him back but like them evil (in a way).

Magneto, Exodus, and Xavier working together....

#12 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"Nice. thanx Gambler.I was hopeing Tony and Scott would throw down. Oh well theres always next time. I like how he lighted his eyes up some under his glasses though. Cyclops has always been in the background due to other characters. Hopefully they will continue to show him being the bad@$$ leader his is.Beast looking for the Prof, well we will have to see where that goes. Wasnt there a picture showing Mags and Exodus haveing him?If I was Angle I'd go party with them too :)"

Your right Andferne.

#13 Posted by Alexandria Harkness (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"Makes me wonder what mojo they will work on him. Can you imagine if they bring him back but like them evil (in a way). Magneto, Exodus, and Xavier working together...."

Damn...you killed the thread!

#14 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

"Andferne says:
"Makes me wonder what mojo they will work on him. Can you imagine if they bring him back but like them evil (in a way). Magneto, Exodus, and Xavier working together...."
Damn...you killed the thread!"

I'll kill more than that before I am done ;)

#15 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"

Hopefully Exodus gets more screen time with this upcoming arc. I always liked his character and thought not enough was done with him.

#16 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto and his most powerful Acolyte back together. I cant wait for Mags to get his powers back.

#17 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Think getting shot in the head will leave Xavier a cripple again?

#18 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Think getting shot in the head will leave Xavier a cripple again?"

lol

IDK why I found that funny, I just did.

#19 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Think getting shot in the head will leave Xavier a cripple again?"

You know what, I bet it will. But the real question will be, for how long?

#20 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Tlieso says:

"i really didn't care for the art very much. it was a good story but after all that has just happened i would have liked a faster pace. then again it was mostly about cyclops & i really don't care for him so that's probably part of why i felt it was kinda blah. "

I hear ya about the art, but it had that feel of setting up something bigger Like its building up to something major.

#21 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

i really didn't care for the art very much. it was a good story but after all that has just happened i would have liked a faster pace. then again it was mostly about cyclops & i really don't care for him so that's probably part of why i felt it was kinda blah.

#22 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this should be the default post-messiah complex thread so when I start reading the new books I can put all my complaints in one place. I already know I'm going to hate whatever's happening with the "young x-men" and I'm sure there will be other pleasant surprises. This book wasn't bad though.

#23 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Lady Tlieso says:
"i really didn't care for the art very much. it was a good story but after all that has just happened i would have liked a faster pace. then again it was mostly about cyclops & i really don't care for him so that's probably part of why i felt it was kinda blah. "

I hear ya about the art, but it had that feel of setting up something bigger Like its building up to something major."

yeah i understand that alot is going to be happening in the next couple months. i'm kind of dreading it because all the characters i like are getting farther & farther away from the core x-men titles. the only one left is gambit & he's barely there at the moment. polaris is still stuck up in space after the horrible vulcan mini series. grrr. time for me to stop before i go into a full on rant.

#24 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahahaha I hated that arc as well. Where is Gambit? I mean after MC he was just gone, again, its like three arcs in a role where afterwards he just up and disappears. I have a bad feeling that he's just off following Rogue around without her knowledge.

#25 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Hahahaha I hated that arc as well. Where is Gambit? I mean after MC he was just gone, again, its like three arcs in a role where afterwards he just up and disappears. I have a bad feeling that he's just off following Rogue around without her knowledge."

god i hope not. i understand that he's a "bad guy" but after MC i would hope that he still had a role to play in everything thats going to be happening.

#26 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he's a bad guy (I cant tell anymore) but it seemed like in MC everything he did was in hopes of saving Rogue. Hopefully they have him return to the X-Titles full time.

#27 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

it would be great if he returned but not if it's just him making goo goo eyes & rogue all the time. it'd be kinda neat if he was in x-force, i think he'd fit in better there.

#28 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Tlieso says:

"it would be great if he returned but not if it's just him making goo goo eyes & rogue all the time. it'd be kinda neat if he was in x-force, i think he'd fit in better there. "

I love you O_O

#29 Posted by Alexandria Harkness (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Divided we fall, Marvel comics is deep man...just deep!

#30 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Paragon says:

"Really? You guys didn't like the art? I like Choi's work, but it's a matter of opinion, I guess."

I think the art looks good. But I have only seen the scans posted here.

#31 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Lady Tlieso says:
"it would be great if he returned but not if it's just him making goo goo eyes & rogue all the time. it'd be kinda neat if he was in x-force, i think he'd fit in better there. "

I love you O_O"

i know ;-) we just think alike too much. it's a bit scary.

#32 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? You guys didn't like the art? I like Choi's work, but it's a matter of opinion, I guess.

#33 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"Paragon says:
"Really? You guys didn't like the art? I like Choi's work, but it's a matter of opinion, I guess."

I think the art looks good. But I have only seen the scans posted here."

it's not that it's bad it just seems overdone to me. i think it's more the coloring than the pencils. something about it just distracts me.

#34 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

Paragon says:

I just don't like the look.

#35 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm why do I find it odd that the Phoenix chose to use the word Brood? Are they going to make an apperance soon with the X-teams? Thier in the recent Ms Marvel if I am not mistaken so they are out and about again.

#36 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"Hmm why do I find it odd that the Phoenix chose to use the word Brood? Are they going to make an apperance soon with the X-teams? Thier in the recent Ms Marvel if I am not mistaken so they are out and about again."

nice catch. i missed it when i read the book. it does seem like an odd word to use.

still don't like the art. :( gimme the artist from x-factor or new x-men.

#37 Posted by Alexandria Harkness (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Paragon says:
I just don't like the look."

If you stare at that long enough, you can feel really high, come on everybody jooin me!!!!!!!!

#38 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

I just realized I have the same sunglasses as Cyclops. Oakley Radars. (I have a bit of an Oakley obsession...)

#39 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"Hmm why do I find it odd that the Phoenix chose to use the word Brood? Are they going to make an apperance soon with the X-teams? Thier in the recent Ms Marvel if I am not mistaken so they are out and about again."

True.... G-man did post that picture today with Phoenix and some Brood. Though Ms.Marvel did supposedly blast the queen across the galaxy.

#40 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10075 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole arc seems kind of centered around Cyclops..but i have no problem with it..its frickin awesome!

#41 Posted by Alexandria Harkness (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Akira Overdrive says:

"The whole arc seems kind of centered around Cyclops..but i have no problem with it..its frickin awesome!"

nuh uh!

Cyclops is like a pair of pants!....you just have to wear them!

#42 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she was talking about getting into Cyclop's pants?.....

IDK I was kinda lost too.

#43 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10075 posts) - - Show Bio

"Akira Overdrive says:
"The whole arc seems kind of centered around Cyclops..but i have no problem with it..its frickin awesome!"
nuh uh! Cyclops is like a pair of pants!....you just have to wear them!"

I didnt get that..

But you have to understand..im a Cyclops fanboy

#44 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10075 posts) - - Show Bio

"Akira Overdrive says:

I didnt get that..

But you have to understand..im a Cyclops fanboy

#45 Posted by Alexandria Harkness (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Akira Overdrive says:

"Alexandria Harkness says:
"Akira Overdrive says:
I didnt get that.. But you have to understand..im a Cyclops fanboy"

And you have to understand that I have 3 empty beer bottles in my room!

#46 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow that laugh just kept on going, even off the page.

DANG

#47 Posted by Alexandria Harkness (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"I think she was talking about getting into Cyclop's pants?..... IDK I was kinda lost too."

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahaahhaahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahaahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahhahhahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahhahhahahahahahaahahahahhahahahahahahhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#48 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#49 Posted by Alexandria Harkness (706 posts) - - Show Bio

DANG? It's pronounced DAMN

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahaahhaahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahaahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahhahhahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahhahhahahahahahaahahahahhahahahahahahhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah

#50 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

I, for one, loved the art. I thought the style was really a very good fit for a Savage Land field trip time-wasting adventure. The bits with the triceratops (the two of them fighting, and then Slim sizing them up mentally), were the highlight of the book for me. Also, Emma's eyes in the panel where she says "I can turn to diamond, dear...I see his eyes whenever I want to." - the coloring is just fantastic. Her eyes actually look like diamonds. Otherwise nothing really happens. Iron Man shows up for no reason other than a cameo, and a prank war is set up between Nightcrawler/Wolverine/Colossus? Am I the only one who was hoping for more action/story?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.