Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men: Days of Future Past - First Trailer

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well Wolverine brings the money so it's easy to see why he's being sent back, but I thought Karen Page was rising enough as an actress, and a damn good one too, that she could do the roll from the book. What ever. Everyone praises the Singer X movies, but no one ever bitches about how much he's changed the X-Men. Plus, not having a Cyclops is just stupid. Dead? What ever. Bring the guy back. He's the leader.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Looks good, where are the sentinels, aren't the X-Men supposed to be fighting them.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*wipes sweat from forehead*

DAMN!

Now that's how it's done. Singer is going to have a massive hit on his hands with this one. I mean, how can you go wrong with such a strong ensemble cast? How can you go wrong with characters that the generation of the last 10 years know so well? This movie is honestly going to do what "Dark Knight" did for Batman. It's going to be one of the better comic book movies ever made. The day the movie was announced by Singer, before the movie even went into production, I thought, "Okay, this is going to be huge." and everything that's been announced about the movie so far hasn't been disappointing.

Man, this is not only going to open the door for alot of other Mutant projects, but I think it's going to rival the Avengers in terms of financial success.

Seriously can't wait for this movie to come out.

Nefilim927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Good lord, so much Haterade out there it's ridiculous. I am shocked to see some overwhelmingly negative responses over this BRIEF TRAILER. Do fans really expect a 100 % page to screen adaptation of these stories involving gigantic robots, bright non-practical costumes and out of this world powers. I mean come on I have certain expectations when it comes to these movies but you gotta let go of some of those fanboyish expectations or nothing will ever be good enough.

Bobsjonjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why bring back the sorry ass first cast? The first 3 movies were horrible.wolverine movies were horrible ...first class was the only ok one. Xmen comics rock the movies suck!

Just_J79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im psyched for this. I thought first class was an excellent movie. but singer lost me at superman returns, which if I wasnt with a cute date I would yelled at screen. but this if he pulls this off, it could be epic.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By frogdog

Aside from this gif, I expect this movie to be underwhelming.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I liked the ending with Xavier talking to himself.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By CheeseSticks

When i heard the Sunshine them music i knew the trailer was going to be awesome. I'm hyp as hell.

Magneto and Colossus looking badass as always.

Avatar image for braynehurricane
    braynehurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Between this and the Winter Soldier trailer, I am downright giddy.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The only issue I have is that Kitty was swapped out, but thats understandable considering everyone knows Wolverine and not everyone knows Kitty. So that doesn't bother me much. But also, CYCLOPS. PLEASE.

Good lord, so much Haterade out there it's ridiculous. I am shocked to see some overwhelmingly negative responses over this BRIEF TRAILER. Do fans really expect a 100 % page to screen adaptation of these stories involving gigantic robots, bright non-practical costumes and out of this world powers. I mean come on I have certain expectations when it comes to these movies but you gotta let go of some of those fanboyish expectations or nothing will ever be good enough.

You stole the words right out of my finger tips. The amount of hate this FIRST TRAILER is getting because it doesn't have EVERYTHING they want is just ridiculous. This movie looks great so far in my opinion, I was very satisfied and quite excited.

Avatar image for gorillazman2012
    gorillazman2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was really on the fence about this film. Loved First class, but I wasn't a huge fan of the other films. But this film looks amazing!

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Vaeternus

@deranged_midget said:

Sweet jesus... That was... I can't even process that. If Singer manages to pull this off considering what was shown through the trailer, I will honestly have a new favourite X-Men film and arguably comic-book film by extension.

Yeah, i'm a little confused. Didn't professor X die? So how did he come back unless Wolverine changed something in the past of the future he knew? I hopes this movie fills in the previous plotholes. And how does Wolverine time travel now?

It looks good though, I honestly am looking more forward to this then Avengers 2.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@deranged_midget said:

Sweet jesus... That was... I can't even process that. If Singer manages to pull this off considering what was shown through the trailer, I will honestly have a new favourite X-Men film and arguably comic-book film by extension.

Yeah, i'm a little confused. Didn't professor X die? So how did he come back unless Wolverine changed something in the past of the future he knew? I hopes this movie fills in the previous plotholes. And how does Wolverine time travel now?

It looks good though, I honestly am looking more forward to this then Avengers 2.

Did you watch the after credits of The Wolverine?

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: I didn't see it yet. That may explain a lot lol. I saw Wolverine Origins but not The Wolverine :( I must get lol

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@deranged_midget: I didn't see it yet. That may explain a lot lol. I saw Wolverine Origins but not The Wolverine :( I must get lol

Yeah, the Wolverine seems to be canon and semi-explains it :P

dcguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By dcguy

I really hope this movie fails and marvel takes x-men license back. That's the only way we can see a really good x-men movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
    deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

One word. EPIC

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacharrt1: because Wolverine is popular, Warpath,Dazzler, Havok, Pixie and all those other supposedly fan favorites are not actually popular, they will always be cameo's.

secondly, its practical, since wolverine doesn't age, they don't have to re-cast a younger version, which would be costly and more likely to confuse the audience.

if you don't like go why not go watch Ironman 3 with lack of tone,poor writing, plot holes and useless characters.

Avatar image for braynehurricane
    braynehurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By braynehurricane

@vaeternus: The post-credits scene of X-Men: The Last Stand shows Professor X in a hospital bed, comatose, with Dr. MacTaggart discovering that he's awoken.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@braynehurricane: Yeah that I know, but I didn't see Wolverine post credits so I'll get the movie soon.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By John Valentine

THIS LOOKS AMAZING.

Mr. Messy Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Mr. Messy Face

@blacharrt1 said:

And wasn't Stewart Atomized ... and relocated into another guy's body...

Bryan Singer said that Charles Xavier was transferred into his long lost brain dead twin brother's body... lol

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fassbender is the only reason i'll see this movie.

also the music sounded way too much like MoS

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By cameron83

@fodigg said:

Was that Blink?

No Caption Provided

If that was Blink, then that's my favorite part.

yes,that's her.

In my opinion,this looks as if it could be interesting and promising. Although I hope people aren't dismissing this movie as bad without seeing it........

I mean,at the same time it can fail,but it can also be a huge success.

I,for one,like the somber tone,but that's all I can say right now.

I am just surprised at the many people hating it JUST because Wolverine is the focus,in which case I guess I need to give a lecture on popularity and demand..... I mean,I would've preferred Kitty,but as for reasons already stated by other users,it's UNDERSTANDABLE why they chose Wolverine (obviously). It's not like they made Colossus the lead instead......

Anyway,this trailer looks promising. I can't say how the movie will do,but the trailer really DOES look promising imo,this could possibly be the biggest X-men film yet.....possibly.

And to other people....I just need to say,that the movies will never really be anything like the comics. That's a given. And that's all I can say. The only thing I really hate is the generic costumes the X-men had in the past,but the future ones looked a bit good (I am mainly referring to Storm,since I think she DID wear that in DOFP)

And others completely dismiss it,but whatever,to each their own.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

too god damn epic!!

I just hope it doesn't become all about Wolverine.

zombie_taco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gentlemen, this is it. The one we've been waiting for.

Also, was that husk I saw?

M1cAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not a huge fan of the trailer, but i still have a good feeling bout this movie.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO, Bryan Singer should be allowed to retcon anything that happened in Last Stand.

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After seeing the trailer, here's my thought:

A: Where's the Sentinels? I was expecting to see them fighting with the mutants (a lot of actions like we saw at the end of The Avengers, which is pure awesome!). If Singer is saving the clips of Sentinels best for last, then I understand. We, the fans, DO want to see a lot of actions from big robots, though! C'mon, make it happen.

B: I seriously hope Singer is not using Wolverine as a person who travels past/future. In comic, it was actually Kitty who traveled and warned the past X-Men about what will happen in the future. Dear God, Singer, seriously, please study the comic book more carefully. Do not screw it up!

C: I hope it's not another "boring"/"forgettable" story. Admittedly, the first 2 X-Men movies, which Singer directed, was "meh", in my opinion. The third one, with a different director, was worse. I'm trying to forget it like it didn't even exist.

D: Please focus on a big team, not just Wolverine. I felt like Wolverine stole 85% of screentime in the first three movies and I was very disappointed. Where's the focus on developing the characters of Cyclops? Storm? Gambit? Or even Kitty? Although Wolverine is my #1 superhero in the whole world, I'd still like to see more of screentime with other X-Men members as well to make them more "likeable".

E: Since this is a huge movie with so many characters to play with, it needs to have more space. I'm talking like 2 hours long movie. Not 1 hour 30 min crap.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

IMO, Bryan Singer should be allowed to retcon anything that happened in Last Stand.

Agreed.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

I'm on-board. Although, I think the most excited I got during the whole trailer was seeing Iceman with a beard.

Big_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#134  Edited By Big_Nasty

Powerful.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it, just one thing. Wolverine now has gray hair? Weird.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

I'm excited and all, but why is Wolverine the center of attention (again)?

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Mega_spidey01

This movie looks amazing, simply amazing.

SlickyMike88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm interested but i'm not sure that this trailer is a big seller :P

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

Here are my thoughts on the trailer:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I wonder if the concept of this movie will sit well with general audiences? Maybe a tad abstract for the civilians.

oh, I dunno; the comic was basically the same premise as The Terminator, but with superheroes. I feel like this movie will probably be pretty different from the Days of Future Paststory from the comics, but it will probably at least have that in common with it.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

loved it! especially blink, she is going to be the kitty pryde of the film. i have a feeling she is going to die though :( but hopefully wolvie changes the future enough that she is saved and in the next x-men film we are in the present day with those older x-men. two movies is enough for the first class cast for me. i want romijn back as mystique! oh and since fox is trying to build a cinematic universe give her a solo espionage film in the vein of her ongoing series!

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@veshark said:

Trailer looks like arse, kinda weak editing and a cluttered way to present the movie's story. Costumes also look weak, as the X-franchise of movies occasionally are with costume design.

That being said, the premise seems promising, and I like the somber tone - seems like the stakes are really high this time. I'm glad to see Singer and the entire cast reuniting, it could be the making of an epic X-Men movie.

I was trying to figure out a way to put my reaction into words and I think this was the best representation.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@shadowx said:

*slow clap* such a great job at taking a storyline with an intresting female protagonist and making it about a male character. Its not like we are lakcing in lead female roles in action films or anything...

I was a little disappointed to see that, too, since I've always thought of Days of Future Past as Kitty's story more than anything else. It's the first time we see her in action as a member of the team, and right away foreshadows her as the epic hero she's destined to become.

The worst thing about it, for me, is that it seems like they could have made her the lead and the movie would probably have been just as popular anyway; people like Singer's X-men, people liked 'First Class, and people like Ellen Paige, so it's not even like it would be some crazy gamble to put them together to have the story more closely resemble the source material. And Wolverine's still a main character in that as well anyway.

That said, I don't want to judge this movie for what it's not, especially before I've even seen it.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's just so hard for me to be excited about this. I hate Singer - yes I'm insecure, but for some reason his stupid tweets bug the sh*t out of me.

As for the trailer... Meh - it's the one they showed at comic-con but they changed the music to the one from Kick-Ass. The Inception music fit better IMO.

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched the trailer again and I'm still not feeling it. :( However, I am more than willing to go to the theater and see it because I grew up lovin' X-Men in comic books.

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
    Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladewolf said:

Looks good, but I wish we'd seen a Sentinel in action at least...

They gotta leave something for the movie.

The VFX aren't finished yet according to Singer

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, although it's not particularly here on this thread/site, I love how DC fanboys found their way into DOFP trailer-threads and find ways to bash Marvel Studios... They defend Fox and X-Men like they care (when they don't) yet on any Marvel Studios related-thread they claim they hate everything-Marvel :P

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One last thing; Blink is hot :) Well, she looks more cute if anything. Warpath/Booboo Stewart looks awkward. Adam Canto as Sunspot looks okay.

dbatdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By dbatdog

another wolverine and the x-men movie...meh

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.