X-Men: Days of Future Past - First Trailer

Posted by G-Man (18922 posts) - - Show Bio

We've been waiting and the time has arrived. The first trailer for X-Men: Days of Future Past has been released. Looks like the past, present and future are all here. Check it out:

The movie is directed by Bryan Singer and is due in theaters on May 23, 2014.

What was your favorite part?

#1 Posted by fables87 (1087 posts) - - Show Bio

I WANT TO SEE THIS MOVIE!

#2 Posted by KRYPTON (1868 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I know this is going to be a success!

#3 Posted by JimmyOlsen1 (144 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for it. I'm not a fan of Wolverine at all but I guess it will be a good one aaaand I hope they'll get their universe organized.

#4 Posted by LenSnart (321 posts) - - Show Bio

end a way? Think u may mean end a war

#5 Posted by RustyRoy (14041 posts) - - Show Bio

meh

#6 Edited by halfpastwhenever (131 posts) - - Show Bio

psyched for Blink.

#7 Posted by Lvenger (21284 posts) - - Show Bio

A little bit disorganised and cluttered in what was shown but at least it has the vibe and feel from the actors giving off the impression of the original story. There's definitely potential for this being good. Now I need to watch First Class.

#8 Posted by Iron_Turtle (582 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like another scene stealing performance from Messrs Macavoy and Fassbender. Actually looking forward to it.

I just hope this (and Thor) breaks the current trend of superhero movies which have failed to deliver.

#9 Posted by davelecave (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

So Wolverine is getting sent back instead of Kitty?

#10 Posted by bladewolf (876 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good, but I wish we'd seen a Sentinel in action at least...

#11 Posted by Owie (3971 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool. Some weird backgrounds, and not exactly the storyline I'd expect from the title (at leats from what I can tell), but still it looks interesting.

#12 Edited by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet jesus... That was... I can't even process that. If Singer manages to pull this off considering what was shown through the trailer, I will honestly have a new favourite X-Men film and arguably comic-book film by extension.

#13 Edited by longbowhunter (7753 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah man. I've had a superhero crush on Blink since I was in 6th grade. Love it that she's in this movie. I wonder if the concept of this movie will sit well with general audiences? Maybe a tad abstract for the civilians.

#14 Edited by thatthomclancy (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good, but I wish we'd seen a Sentinel in action at least...

They gotta leave something for the movie.

#15 Posted by AlKusanagi (652 posts) - - Show Bio

So who were the new mutants in it? That was definitely Blink and Bishop. Was the one with black paint over his eyes Thunderbird?

Also, I cannot unsee the Dink and a miniature Ron Burgandy with that mustache...

#16 Posted by Xwraith (21645 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Singer's first two X-Men movies have aged well, but I'm willing to give this a chance.

#17 Posted by maxicere (935 posts) - - Show Bio

....... pass

#18 Edited by Blacharrt1 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie trailer looks horrible.... and why Wolverine... because Wolverine... And wasn't Stewart Atomized ... and relocated into another guy's body... I can't i just can't... Singer needs to be put down, or banned from ever doing Comic book movies ever again...

The main appeal and problem with that trailer is the same one that was the problem with X-men the Last Stand, how many mutants can we throw into this movie as cameos...

#19 Posted by flameboy298 (1917 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont like Jennifer Lawerence idk why

#20 Posted by irvine1345 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

@jimmyolsen1: i agree, im tired of wolverine. in both the movies and the comics

#21 Edited by DaltonMunnal (169 posts) - - Show Bio

This has the potential to be my favorite comic book movie. I'll even forgive Singer for Superman Returns if he pulls this off as well as I think he will.

#22 Edited by PunyParker (12615 posts) - - Show Bio

nice.

#23 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh....

#24 Posted by irvine1345 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

This dousnt look bad, i would have rather seen a sentinal or two rather than wolverines screaming mouth and his muscles like in all the x-men movie trailers. BUT, its just the trailer, i believe with bryan directing it will be good. Warpath and Sunspot being in the movie seems like an over kill tho, we'll see how it goes.

#25 Posted by Blacharrt1 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

This has the potential to be my favorite comic book movie. I'll even forgive Singer for Superman Returns if he pulls this off as well as I think he will.

No one should forgive him for that... The kid, lifting an island of Kryptonite... ... Not even the Great Kevin Spacy could save that movie...

#26 Posted by QuantumVertex (50 posts) - - Show Bio

My first impression was this is going to be a great action movie but wack x-men movie! Alot of the costume designs in the trailer looked more camp than practical. With Singers X- films being so serious, its sad how horrible how bad the costumes are, all of them from Bishop to Blink in the trailer reminded me of some Captain America in Avengers crap costume-wise. I'm fairly certain it will be a great, well at least entertaining movie, but as far as a true X-man movie, i can already tell that it will not be! Not excited but i'm interested in seeing how it turns out!

#27 Edited by Cap10nate (2742 posts) - - Show Bio

That looks pretty interesting but I try not to get my hopes up based on 2 minutes of very carefully edited scenes.

#28 Posted by Rickbarry (1857 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus is about to job so hard at 1:26. I'm going to chuckle when he goes down!

#29 Edited by Malonius (894 posts) - - Show Bio

please don't make Wolverine the central protagonist of this movie. Grrr, I'm surly and revenge-driven. It was so nice in First Class to focus on Prof. X.

#30 Posted by Wolverine08 (45714 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the somber tone.

#31 Posted by dauntes_patron (70 posts) - - Show Bio

I will still watch this but it feels like it will be yet another X-men movie thats all about Wolverine. The reason I loved first class so much was because it focused on all the other mutants rather than just Wolverine. Honestly I'm sick of Wolverine especially the cinematic Hugh Jackman Wolverine!

#32 Edited by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

@quantumvertex: All of the X-Men movies so far have had those cheesy costumes. Closest to not-cheesy thusfar was in First Class, IMO.

@lvenger: Yes yes yes. Definitely. My favorite X-Movie (and one of my favorite comic movies in general) is First Class.

@bladewolf: Singer said in advance that no sentinels would be in the trailer. Not just because they want to save it for the movie, but more because they're still working on the visual effects stuff.

@iron_turtle: If by "current trend" you mean in the past year and a half since "Avengers" then I agree.

Sweet jesus... That was... I can't even process that. If Singer manages to pull this off considering what was shown through the trailer, I will honestly have a new favourite X-Men film and arguably comic-book film by extension.

#33 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm interested though there is so many characters I see it pulling a spidey 3

#34 Posted by War Killer (20294 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie looks amazing, simply amazing.

#35 Posted by BlackShadowCat (21 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get why Rebecca Romijn wasn't cast as Mystique again. Jennifer Lawrence is so over-rated. And so is Wolverine now. Sure he's cool but we don't need another movie about him! This trailer, sadly isn't very exciting. It doesn't have that "OMG I NEED TO SEE THIS!" It's a bit meh.

#36 Edited by bigsoto74 (216 posts) - - Show Bio

psyched for Blink.

I am too! She was one of my favorites in the Exiles.

#37 Posted by 14NC3 (1794 posts) - - Show Bio

I spotted Blink and Bishop :O Knowing that Blink's in the film has gotten me even more hyped. This trailer was friggin awesome, I cannot wait for this film.

#38 Posted by desmond006 (598 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly a weak trailer (IMO) but I still liked what I saw.

#39 Posted by mickeymayhew (230 posts) - - Show Bio

Blink!!

Is Havok in it?

#40 Posted by Oscars94 (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for this movie!

#41 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Trailer looks like arse, kinda weak editing and a cluttered way to present the movie's story. Costumes also look weak, as the X-franchise of movies occasionally are with costume design.

That being said, the premise seems promising, and I like the somber tone - seems like the stakes are really high this time. I'm glad to see Singer and the entire cast reuniting, it could be the making of an epic X-Men movie.

#42 Posted by MrMazz (1068 posts) - - Show Bio

Wish they could of kept Hanz Zimmer's "Time" from the Inception soundtrack as the backing track for this. Herethe trailer is composed of John Murphy‘s "Adagio In D Minor" from the Sunshine score and Hans Zimmer‘s "Journey to the Line" from The Thin Red Line. It certainly gives the trailer quasi-Malick texturing.

This trailer wasn't cut like the typical big blockbuster trailer and I like that! No stupid money shots of Helicarrirers or X-Jets going down in flames. Hell they don't even really explain to the uninitiated how things went sideways or what is really going on. This trailer is a mood piece kinda like how the first trailer for The Counselor was a mood piece. I like that.

#43 Posted by 2cool4fun (1415 posts) - - Show Bio

The trailer was great, BUT PLEASE STOP THIS HOLYWOOD, stop giving us trailers 1 year before the movie, what is the point, i mean now i am waiting a year for:

300 2nd movie

This X-men movie

Captain America 2

Not to mention the teaser trailer for the 2nd avengers movie that is coming in 2015

#44 Posted by ChocolateFrogs (158 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to this, though after how well-made X-Men First Class was I wonder why they didn't stick with those writers/directors?

#45 Edited by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

Could be very very good or utter crap. No in between...

#46 Posted by American_Flag (22 posts) - - Show Bio

So very far removed from its source material it is almost unrecognizable. Sad really.

#47 Posted by ShadowX (1207 posts) - - Show Bio

*slow clap* such a great job at taking a storyline with an intresting female protagonist and making it about a male character. Its not like we are lakcing in lead female roles in action films or anything...

#48 Edited by feedonatreefrog (256 posts) - - Show Bio

1:24 what on Earth kind of editing is that? Mid-Chord and bizarre.

This trailer felt really amateur, and unfortunately the movie looks awfully cheap to me (like First Class and Origins before it).

The dramatic score doesn't fit the cheesy future costumes and the 70's tone.

Story still seems promising though, and the acting looks top notch, but my expectations have unforunately gone way down :(

-----

Maybe I've just been spoiled by Man of Steel's trailers. (I thought IM3 and Cap 2 had weak trailers as well, though not as obviously amateur as DOFP's).

#49 Posted by vPuik (86 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh... I've never been a huge fan of the X-Men movies. This could go either way based on the trailer.

#50 Edited by DaltonMunnal (169 posts) - - Show Bio

The trailer was great, BUT PLEASE STOP THIS HOLYWOOD, stop giving us trailers 1 year before the movie, what is the point, i mean now i am waiting a year for:

300 2nd movie

This X-men movie

Captain America 2

Not to mention the teaser trailer for the 2nd avengers movie that is coming in 2015

9 months, 8 months, and 5 months. And the Avengers 2 really doesn't have a teaser trailer so much as an overly dramatic announcement of the title.

Still, way too early on trailers for some of these. It's kind of painful that we always know about new movies two to three years ahead of time nowadays, and getting these trailers so early makes the waits even more difficult. There are movies in 2016 that I'm waiting impatiently for right now. That's really painful knowledge to have.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.