X-Men: Days of Future Past announced as X:FC sequel title

#1 Posted by Thunderscream (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno how reliable this site is, but I actually think it's a good idea to go this route

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2012/07/30/new-x-men-movie-title-released/

#2 Posted by Dman1366 (528 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thunderscream: I love the story, but idk how they are going to implement w/o kitty and wolverine. IIRC weren't they the big dogs for that arc?

#3 Posted by XsPectre28 (667 posts) - - Show Bio

if they are doing a days of the future past story it has to involve rachel summers..... shadowkat cant just send her powers back in time thats stupid & out of her power set range..... but if thats the case the whole x-men movie franchise will have to be retconned because scott & jean both died in x3

#4 Edited by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't matter to me. I dislike the x-men prequels because they don't move the story forward.

#5 Posted by Dman1366 (528 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700: But if they go to the future is it not, technically, moving forward? hahaha jk

#6 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366 said:

@moywar700: But if they go to the future is it not, technically, moving forward? hahaha jk

hmmmmmmmmmmm

#7 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5687 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be difficult to pull off because Kitty Pryde was a major part of this story and she wasn't in First Class. So they would have to find a way to introduce the second generation X-Men into the sequel.

#8 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

They need to merge the FC cast with the X-Men cast. Am I the only seeing the problem of too many characters here? If its a FC sequel, which is an X-Men prequel, Jean and Scott have to be alive post X3 to make Rach Summers, unless they do something radical and change the story... Screw it, Marvel!! Reboot Time!! Bring Out 'The UNCANNY X-Men'

#9 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomchu said:

They need to merge the FC cast with the X-Men cast. Am I the only seeing the problem of too many characters here? If its a FC sequel, which is an X-Men prequel, Jean and Scott have to be alive post X3 to make Rach Summers, unless they do something radical and change the story...

Screw it, Marvel!! Reboot Time!! Bring Out 'The UNCANNY X-Men'

Disney needs to buy back the rights I want an REAL X-Men movie.

#10 Posted by cattlebattle (12284 posts) - - Show Bio

Its completely possible to cover this storyline without Kitty or Wolverine, just have the mind swap happen with someone else....they did it in "Wolverine and the X-Men" They can do it here.

Why are comic fans so locked in some sad little world where nothing can be changed or altered from the source material??

I am not to keen on it anyways, we have already seen the dystopian future where some people are being hunted with the Terminator franchise, 2 X-Men cartoons and even Heroes had a season with a similar storyline, I am sure they will a develop a clever story if its the same team as First Class......so I will remain optimistic

#11 Posted by jhazzroucher (13953 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want to see more Storm on the next x-men movie

#12 Posted by BushidoBlack (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't be duped people, this isn't going to be accurate to the comics. We all know how Fox does it by now. They don't care about the source material. The last movie was called X-Men: First Class and the real First Class wasn't anywhere to be seen. Best believe it'll be something completely different from what most of you are expecting.

#13 Posted by cattlebattle (12284 posts) - - Show Bio
@BushidoBlack said:

, this isn't going to be accurate to the comics.

Frequently ignored fact: Nearly no comic movies are accurate to the comics
#14 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5687 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
@BushidoBlack said:

I agree. At this point, I just given up on the idea that comic book movies would ever actually stay true to the comics.
#15 Posted by cattlebattle (12284 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rabbitearsblog said:
@cattlebattle said:
@BushidoBlack said:

I agree. At this point, I just given up on the idea that comic book movies would ever actually stay true to the comics.
They shouldn't have too!!

When they hire a director and creative team to do a film it should be the material in their vision....like Nolan and his Batman films...or Bryan Singer and his X-Men films......or why would they bother hiring any talented directors at all?? They could get a twelve year old comic fan to do it. If you want the exact story from the comic....go read the comic.

I find it hilarious that the X-Men are always the first to get blasted for inaccuracy, although more things from their films were incorporated to the comics than any other comic movie....well, until recently.

Bottom line is I feel the X-Men movies are judged to harshly...like its cool to make fun of them or something.....

Obidiah Stane has something to do with Iron Mans origin in his film: People love it!!!!
 Sebastian Shaw has something to do with Magnetos origin in his film: People complain to no end

I hate comic fans.......sigh
#16 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

#17 Posted by Tyrus (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, after Avengers, all these other studios are trying to pull off the same thing - Fox is trying to merge the X-Men First Class characters with the original trilogy's characters, Sony is trying to make a Venom movie then tie him in with The Amazing Spider-Man - and obviously, Warner Bros is trying to make a Justice League film... This war will never be over :/

- BUT, I am excited to see this after how surprised I was after seeing First Class - even though the film had the worst continuity errors (still not sure if it's a reboot) it was still a decent movie.

#18 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men 3 and Wolverine origins prove that movie writers changes to source are outright horrible.

#19 Posted by X35 (5974 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope Mimic and Polaris are cast members. It would be nice to have a "First Class" team including the often forgotten latecomer members of the first class. Heck a team of Beast, Banshee, Havok, Mimic and Polaris would be a pretty acceptable alternative to the "first class" imo.

#20 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700: It's mean't to be a whole different world it's not a prequel to the previous films.

#21 Posted by photowill404 (105 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomchu said:

They need to merge the FC cast with the X-Men cast. Am I the only seeing the problem of too many characters here? If its a FC sequel, which is an X-Men prequel, Jean and Scott have to be alive post X3 to make Rach Summers, unless they do something radical and change the story... Screw it, Marvel!! Reboot Time!! Bring Out 'The UNCANNY X-Men'

hahahahahahaha i agree with reboot the x-men. however i feel that they could got the route that star trek went when if used time travel as a way of rebooting the whole movie timeline to make room for this new star trek cast. if done right it could work rather well

#22 Posted by photowill404 (105 posts) - - Show Bio

@BushidoBlack said:

Don't be duped people, this isn't going to be accurate to the comics. We all know how Fox does it by now. They don't care about the source material. The last movie was called X-Men: First Class and the real First Class wasn't anywhere to be seen. Best believe it'll be something completely different from what most of you are expecting.

true that why disney needs to get the rights back and make a proper x-men movie happen.

#23 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3274 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not sure this story line would be well served in a cinematic medium. There are a lot of characters, a lot of sets/environments and with time travel added as an element, it runs the danger of making the action in the film appear invalidated by the conclusion of the movie. Also, it might appear to be nothing but a Terminator knock off visually. Not sure they can pull this off.

#24 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

there's no point in saying they can't do it without Kitty because they're going to call it DoFP but it will be nothing like the comic counterpart...just like all of the other X-men movies

#25 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that's a huge jump forward... If they can pull it off then I'm down.

#26 Posted by Dman1366 (528 posts) - - Show Bio

I have hope, First Class, dispite it have nothing to do with the REAL First Class, was actually pretty god damn entertaining.

#27 Posted by Veitha (2328 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

Hope Mimic and Polaris are cast members. It would be nice to have a "First Class" team including the often forgotten latecomer members of the first class. Heck a team of Beast, Banshee, Havok, Mimic and Polaris would be a pretty acceptable alternative to the "first class" imo.

Agree

#28 Edited by poisonfleur (2711 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we expect any new or returning characters (aside from Wolverine. I have a hunch he is going to be in X:DOFP)

Kitty, Storm, Bishop, Sentinels?

#29 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2171 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't care what the title is, it's been 4 films and still no Sentinels?!..What the hell!..Just give me an epic battle of mutants vs Sentinels already!

#30 Posted by walteion (91 posts) - - Show Bio

they named the first "first class" & it was nothing about the first class of x-men. now it's "days of future past" & it will be nothing about the days of future past.

#31 Posted by Thunderscream (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

@walteion said:

they named the first "first class" & it was nothing about the first class of x-men. now it's "days of future past" & it will be nothing about the days of future past.

To be fair, writers keep on redefining what the actual "first class" was anyway.

#32 Posted by walteion (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thunderscream said:

@walteion said:

To be fair, writers keep on redefining what the actual "first class" was anyway.

it would be better if they brought the real "first class" jean ,scott ,hank ,bobby & warren facing the real "first class" threats like magneto ,the brotherhood ,unas the untouchable & the blob. the movie was great but if we compare it to the comics, it was kinda lame. angel salvadore ,havok ,darwin ,banshee they were all the first class of x-men !!!! mystique was like charles's sister !!! shaw killing magneto's mother !!!!!!! moira is an american goverment agent !!!! if i kept on going i'll never end. i just hope they don't blow it up in the next movie. but i did enjoy the movie but not as a comic book movie, i enjoyeed it as an action sci-fi reguler movie.

#33 Edited by Shawnbaby (9323 posts) - - Show Bio

@walteion said:

Actually it is going to be at least somewhat based on the DOFP storyline from the comics.

I'm thinking its gonna suck.

#34 Posted by walteion (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@walteion said:

Actually it is going to be at least somewhat based on the DOFP storyline from the comics.

I'm thinking its gonna suck.

lol i know i watched that video. they always say things like this. but belive me the movie will ba anything but those comics.

#35 Posted by Rickbarry (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

Days of Future past?! What better time to introduce Omega Red as opposed to this time traveling crap!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.